The Ultimate Lotus

  • Thread starter Thread starter MinoltaMan89
  • 50 comments
  • 4,231 views
Messages
1,915
So, to keep things interesting, a new "ultimate" thread. I believe the Mercedes thread has had enough time (two days, ha).

I will nominate the LS9-powered Lotus Extrema.
32055110852_large.jpg

647 hp in a car that weighs about 2200lbs. Hang on...
 
I like! And it reminds of the the original Elise GT1 all over again.

Apparantly the LONE road car... vvvvv
800px-LotusExigeGT3.JPG
 
Last edited:
800px-1965LotusSevenSeriesII.jpg


Dear dissenters,

I'd like to have a word...
 
800px-1965LotusSevenSeriesII.jpg


Dear dissenters,

I'd like to have a word...
Oh God, I forgot about that...

...if everybody had a Seven, there would be no wars, no murders, no hatred in the world. Just a lot of people arrested for speeding.
 
So, to keep things interesting, a new "ultimate" thread. I believe the Mercedes thread has had enough time (two days, ha).

I will nominate the LS9-powered Lotus Extrema.
32055110852_large.jpg

647 hp in a car that weighs about 2200lbs. Hang on...

I thought we varied that was just some random fake car. At least the picture wasn't of what they were selling/making.
 
Motorsport Elise

lotus-motorsport-elise-2000-1.jpg
 
lotus88-1.jpg


Lotus 88 ftw.
 
Are those skis?:lol: That's like seeing an F430 towing a boat.

It's the one from For Your Eyes Only (James Bond), part of the movie was at a ski hill.
 
I saw one of those Carltons when I was in paris - I must say I am impressed. So it's that or an Exige S for me.
 
Not. Even. A. Contest.

lotus_esprit2.jpg

Esprit_V8_2002_1.jpg

Lotus_Esprit_V8.jpg

IMG_1435_1600.jpg


1. Popup headlights...check.
2. V8...check.
3. Two turbos...check.
4. Sleek sexy body...check.
5. Looks good in any color...check.

Its really an easy decision for me.
 
Oh God, I forgot about that...

...if everybody had a Seven, there would be no wars, no murders, no hatred in the world. Just a lot of people arrested for speeding.

I don't know about that. The Lotus 7 is actually pretty slow. 40 HP and 14 second 0-60.
 
TVC
I don't know about that. The Lotus 7 is actually pretty slow. 40 HP and 14 second 0-60.
Not many cars from the 1950s were that much faster. And the car wasn't on sale for long until Cosworth engines began popping up in it.

JCE
Not. Even. A. Contest.
Bah. I always disliked the 2002+ cars. Give me a '98 V8 SE. Or a Sport 300.
 
Not many cars from the 1950s were that much faster. And the car wasn't on sale for long until Cosworth engines began popping up in it.


Bah. I always disliked the 2002+ cars. Give me a '98 V8 SE. Or a Sport 300.

A couple of those are '97 models. ;)
 
Esprit V8 of any trim for me.
 
Esprit V8 was my 2nd choice.:sly:
 
Lotus 77. It was near unbeatable.
Lotus_77_Sears_Point.jpg
 
JCE
Not. Even. A. Contest.

~snip~

1. Popup headlights...check.
2. V8...check.
3. Two turbos...check.
4. Sleek sexy body...check.
5. Looks good in any color...check.

Its really an easy decision for me.

that car has only one flaw.. the gearbox. You know what I'm talking about, right? :D
 
For what it did for the company and for the cars the chassis has spawned since it was released, the ultimate has to be the original Elise S1:

lotuscars.jpg


Perhaps not the ultimate with regard to performance (though 5.5 seconds to 60 is hardly shabby) but as a pure expression of what Lotus stands for, only the original 7 can come close. And the 7 couldn't be accused of being as useable.

One of my mates owns one (or at least he did last time I spoke to him, as he was thinking of selling). Needless to say I don't miss opportunities to tell him that he's a jammy git.
 
Mk1 Lotus Cortina.

Well, what else was i going to say?

 
jim-clark-lotus49.jpg


One of Lotus's most successful Formula 1 cars.
 
Back