The Ultimate Racing Game

• Thread starter JR98
  • 21 comments
- Create a driver.
- start in karts around 8 years old.
- work your way up to Formula Ford (the teams you drive for are dependant on your results, same for sponsor opportunities...probably similar to 'Grid' in that respect).
- get offers from different categories (openwheel, stock cars, rally, Le Mans, etc) and see how far up the ladder you can go.
- if you get to F1, you're done at 35 y.o. or thereabouts and have to find another category to drive in or start up your own team somewhere and transition into becoming an owner (thinking like the old school F1 Manager games from the mid to late 90's).

- Create a driver.
- work your way up to Formula Ford (the teams you drive for are dependant on your results, same for sponsor opportunities...probably similar to 'Grid' in that respect).
- get offers from different categories (openwheel, stock cars, rally, Le Mans, etc) and see how far up the ladder you can go.
- if you get to F1, you're done at 35 y.o. or thereabouts and have to find another category to drive in or start up your own team somewhere and transition into becoming an owner (thinking like the old school F1 Manager games from the mid to late 90's).
Sounds like Senna's racing career

Good grief...I've thought about what this would be for a looooooooooong time. Gather 'round folks, time to hear some insanity.

Firstly and foremost, the racing has to be enjoyable and challenging. Once that's dealt with:
  • Build an avatar
  • Choose a direction to start in (quarters, dirt bangers, karts, bikes, ovals, drag, boats, etc.)
  • Option to build machine instead of buy
  • Progress through racing series, non linear to a point, and open to a sudden change in direction.
  • Sign to a team, or start a team.
  • Drive for a team, manage another driver, or manage a team into a juggernaut.
  • AI that doesn't go braindead and is still actively competitive.
OK, from here on I go nuts:
  • World game. Not open world, all world. Truly race anywhere.
  • Rouge-like gameplay, with the possibility you can be seriously injured.
  • Design tracks, cars, paint schemes.
  • Sell said designs.
  • Who said you had to race? Take something a go cruise.
And this is all off the top of my head.

Good grief...I've thought about what this would be for a looooooooooong time. Gather 'round folks, time to hear some insanity.

Firstly and foremost, the racing has to be enjoyable and challenging. Once that's dealt with:
  • Build an avatar
  • Choose a direction to start in (quarters, dirt bangers, karts, bikes, ovals, drag, boats, etc.)
  • Option to build machine instead of buy
  • Progress through racing series, non linear to a point, and open to a sudden change in direction.
  • Sign to a team, or start a team.
  • Drive for a team, manage another driver, or manage a team into a juggernaut.
  • AI that doesn't go braindead and is still actively competitive.
OK, from here on I go nuts:
  • World game. Not open world, all world. Truly race anywhere.
  • Rouge-like gameplay, with the possibility you can be seriously injured.
  • Design tracks, cars, paint schemes.
  • Sell said designs.
  • Who said you had to race? Take something a go cruise.
And this is all off the top of my head.
Wow, what about cars?

Wow, what about cars?
Thought about it, initially the thought was to go with a GT-like thing where you could get any car from history. Thinking about it though, that's a lot of money for modelling them, programming, and then there's the licensing fees, even if it's $1 per car, just doing the 2000s would be expensive as hell.

Soooo...and I know this would sound like a cop-out but for one like this it may be the only way, while there would be some modeled vehicles, they would all be the higher end race cars and a handful of street vehicles, maybe 50-100 in total, everything else would be designed and built by a player, maybe not you but you could buy a copy of something he designed in game.

Thought about it, initially the thought was to go with a GT-like thing where you could get any car from history. Thinking about it though, that's a lot of money for modelling them, programming, and then there's the licensing fees, even if it's $1 per car, just doing the 2000s would be expensive as hell.

Soooo...and I know this would sound like a cop-out but for one like this it may be the only way, while there would be some modeled vehicles, they would all be the higher end race cars and a handful of street vehicles, maybe 50-100 in total, everything else would be designed and built by a player, maybe not you but you could buy a copy of something he designed in game.
And would it be a full sim, simcade or arcade?

And would it be a full sim, simcade or arcade?
Well....you know how GT2 (and perhaps later ones, IDK) had a simulation mode and an arcade mode?

If I couldn't get that done, I'd probably aim for a simu-cade system akin to GRID 1, that way while you can chuck it into a corner and slide to hearts content, each different car would still feel unique, moreso once upgrades and modifications are included.

Well....you know how GT2 (and perhaps later ones, IDK) had a simulation mode and an arcade mode?

If I couldn't get that done, I'd probably aim for a simu-cade system akin to GRID 1, that way while you can chuck it into a corner and slide to hearts content, each different car would still feel unique, moreso once upgrades and modifications are included.
Niiice.

Now for me

GT Racing Evolution (Sim)

GT Racing Evolution would be a proper sim based mostly of GTR and Project CARS. The car list for both is attached and the tracks for GTRE.

Career
The career mode would be similar to real racing. You start off with $5,000. You can afford a lowly Clio Cup and you can get your Racing Licence, which is required to participate in races. There is 5 tests per licence with a different licence for each series, so if you want to race DTM, you have to complete the DTM licence. You then start at the low end of that series, and work through the events. The events would be based off real racing series.

Cars
The cars would be separated into their different series, check the spreadsheet below for more info.

Tracks
All in the spreadsheet below

Arcade
There would be an Arcade mode where you do races to unlock other cars for time attacks and quick races.

Racing

Each event can be set up to the players liking. You can set the AI difficulty, race length, conditions and more for quick races. Only AI difficulty and race length (for some races) can be set on Career Mode. Up to 55 cars on track.

Tuning
There will be tuning but will be limited to what is available on that car, so no 1000HP GT-R's on here.

Multiplayer
16 Player multiplayer

Street Racing Revolution

Street Racing Revolution would be similar to the old Street Legal games where you can have a lot of customisation, and all cars can be completely reworked.

Career
For the career you start with $5,000 to buy a car, your choices are Toyota Celica SS-II '00, Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '98 and Mazda MX-5 (NB) '00 and work your way up to beat rival crews and win their cars. The final race in the game is against a tuned Koenigsegg Agera R.

Cars
In spreadsheet

Tracks
Set in an open world with events happening around town including drag and drift races and car shows.

Racing
Handling similar to NFS MW 2005

Cops
Cops will be in game at 5 heat levels explained below

1: Ford Crown Victoria, just chasing
2: Dodge Charger SRT, attempting to block and road blocks
3: Ford Mustang Boss 302, PIT manoeuvres and rams
4. Porsche 911 Turbo S, helicopter and spike strips
5: Nissan GT-R, Ford Explorer SUV's, very aggressive.

Multiplayer
Up to 12 players in game

Tuning
Heavy tuning with every single part on the car able to be replaced.

Social
Storefront for designs and cars to be sold. Leaderboards for everything. Tunes can be sold too

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    14 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Racing games are getting covered on a detail I've always wanted from a racing sim, so that's covered.

My next genre to play would be a mix of Pcars (graphics, realism, day/night, weather), TDU2 (real scale open world, walking around), Underground 2(boatload of rice parts) and street rod 2 (realistic tuning, swapping parts, buying, street racing).

open-world Pcars is the next thing I dream about. But for a little extra gameplay, the ability to rice and tune the cars. Seems that many people still want that, go figure...

There should be good upgrade mechanism, not just stage 1-2-3 whatever and bars showing power. Some kind of realistic tuning gameplay with the ability to take the car apart like in a Car mechanic simulator, but in a Pcars parts detail.

Even if it's "just" Underground 2 with real world huge map, realism and cockpits, I'm happy.

- Create a driver.
Welcome to Project Cars in a month then minus the team management stuff. :)

Project cars lets you continue your racing career in LMP1, even if you didn't win a single F1 championship all these years, despite having the best car and team...

Basically describe, in as much detail as you wish, what your perfect racing game is, what would you do if you were to make the ultimate racing game(s)
My perfect game would be:

The Racing Experience

With +1000 vehicles from licensed brands, +200 tracks from each country;

Multiplayers up to 200 players;

Realistic weather and good graphics;

Vehicles with a detailed interior and exterior;

Many more features! 👍

The Racing Experience

Many more features! 👍

Bit optimistic with the track and player count there aren't ya :crazy:

The Racing Experience

Many more features! 👍
200 players is impossible as the biggest grid is 55 at LeMans

Sim Physics with the usual assortment of driving aids for broad appeal. There is nothing more important than this. I resisted the urge to try PC sim racing, mainly because of the small car count. A buddy kept saying, "try Assetto Corsa, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread":D, and I was saying to myself, "it's only 30 cars":irked: Until you actually try it, it's hard to believe that 30 cars that are well done with accurate physics can be much more appealing than 1200 cars with generic feeling physics and dead feeling FFB.

Sim levels of customization in terms of FFB, display, sound etc.

Standard features like full flags, a comprehensive damage model, accurate live race timing, customizable HUD etc.

Tuning limited to realistic on cars. No racing tires on a vitz, racing suspensions only on race cars etc.

200-300 well chosen cars with a good selection of series to choose from and many iconic classic cars.

50-60 tracks (+all variations) with a good selection of smaller, less well known, but fun to drive tracks, less of an emphasis on boring FIA tracks.

Dynamic offline career mode that mimics a real life career not a fantasy videogame career, with regular DLC additions and updates based on new content and including a make your own career mode.

Dedicated online servers for better gameplay.

Lots of DLC both free and paid. I'm more than happy to pay for continued content that I'm actually interested in as opposed to free crap I'm not interested in. Theme packs would be great.

All content available at the start, no game economy, I just want to drive and race.

My ultimate racing game has pretty much been made. Iracing.

Online only

Limited cars and tracks so everyone is familiar with the cars and tracks. This
way it leads to cleaner races.

Penalties for wreckless driving

Monthly fee to keep only more serious racers in the service

Cockpit view only

I really can't think of anything I would change about it. Its the ultimate competitive reaching game. Maybe a little better graphics. Really though they've got me covered. I'm a happy Sim racer. Just wish I played it more or had a few real friends who were into it.

Latest Posts

Back