The Weekly Arcade Time Attack

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 230 comments
I was dropping like a lead balloon so had to run some more laps and managed to improve :) down to 1'17.097 but can see a tiny bit more 👍 my splits were 31.9xx / 55.3xx .. seen a couple of 55.2's so will run some more soon .. nice and close laptimes coming in guys :cheers:

Far. Out.

You guys are seriously aliens! But I love it...this is why I think we should keep the races spread out a bit, seeing you sub-1'17.2xx folk duke it out is seriously entertaining, awesome work :)👍

Tiny improvement:

1'17.157, with a 32.05x first split

I'll come back to it later tonight.

Amazing times coming through!

And well done ZOCKER for breaking through the 1'16.999 barrier!

But... I need some more suggestions for the subsequent week's combinations. So far I've only 2 suggestions PM'd to me, and the next round starts tomorrow night! (for me anyway)

P.S: I am still deliberating whether we shall leave it as -
  • 1 race per week Sunday-Sunday (we'll never finish filling up the leaderboards but we'll have fun perfecting our times) or,
  • split the week into two sets of races (Monday -Thursday, Friday -Sunday) (the times won't be as perfected but we'll fill up the leaderboards twice as fast)
  • or, as another person suggested, two combinations per day (ultimately getting through one car per week, and filling up all the leaderboards in less than 2 years - but being impossibly fast-paced for most)

I see CMir looking at the thread, I know he's a super-quick racer, could have some more competition coming :sly: I still think just let the winner pick the combo aprt from that I'll just race the combo that comes up regardless 👍

But... I need some more suggestions for the subsequent week's combinations...
P.S: I am still deliberating whether we shall leave it as
I say to make serious attempts keep it one race a week, otherwise we might get dizzy from all the combo's to persue :)
Suggestions: BMW 135i @ HSR and the Aston @ Fuji.

Great time Vaxen 👍👍

This coming serious now :dopey: I might try to improve a little later too :sly:

One race a week is good IMO. I just don't know how I can be so slow!:( I wouldn't mind driving something extremely different. Audi TT? London? I don't know.:sly:

Well, I now have 5-or-so suggestions, but anymore is still appreciated.

By the way, does anyone here ever still keep in touch with multiple world-record breaker Daniel Holland (a.k.a., Holl01, D. Holland) from, also, Melbourne?

I've sent him an email via MSN but I'm unsure as to whether he uses it anymore. It would be an absolute honour to have him join this series.

I see CMir looking at the thread, I know he's a super-quick racer, could have some more competition coming :sly:

Thanks, here I am, maybe not as quick as you might be suggesting, but at a decent level nonetheless. I ran this combo for an hour and got this time:

1'17.364
(11th at the online ranking)

I think I could get a 17.2 or even 17.1 with more playing time, but it looks like I'm having some trouble at the first sector. I've only seen a 32.1 once, and if I had zocker's 31.7 T1 with my other sectors I would be leading, so this sector is my weak point. It's probably lack of GT Academy practice. I'm using a G25, but without the clutch for this race, so that I wouldn't have an unfair advantage.

By the way, does anyone here ever still keep in touch with multiple world-record breaker Daniel Holland (a.k.a., Holl01, D. Holland)
Yeah, I've chatted to him a couple of times, he hasn't got a PS3 yet...I told him to get the lead out :sly: 👍
...I ran this combo for an hour and got this time:
...1'17.364
Like you said, if you had zocker's T1 it'd all be over...we've all put more than an hour in too I can assure you that :)

I don't think using the G25 with the clutch is a big advantage here like it is in GTAcademy. As we are having a lot more gear change with the integra and really need to focus on the track... except for those who have fantastic skills with the clutch... for myself, it would be a nightmare using it.

I'm just using G25 with paddles ;)

Sorry but I'm having fun with the Amuse too :dopey:

and you are right, some slower car are fun, but not all of them... If I say Daihatsu OFC at Daytona road .... you might not find it really funny :sly:

This is looking good, and by all means, use the G25+clutch, if you have the ability!! ...it's not like it's easy or anything, like Wayne said. :)

So we have almost every place in top 10, I'll say, mission one accomplished. I might give this one more chance.. if I have the energy tomorrow... Todays bicyckle race was something different, lol... :D ..2 punctured front tyres + 2 chains cut.. lol. ...sorry ot. And I may add that my bike was perfect, but my mates was not... lol.

Zocker... I know you drive the DFP, wich makes me respect your time even more... So big 👍 ..It's clear that academy plays a role in here, wich makes me think that Vaxen is really, really fast... :cheers:

Now I open another beerrr..

Zocker... I know you drive the DFP, wich makes me respect your time even more... So big 👍 ..It's clear that academy plays a role in here, wich makes me think that Vaxen is really, really fast... :cheers:

Or just really, really persistent... :sly:

Though I haven't done GT Academy, I spent the time waiting for the NTSC release of GT5p turning laps on GT-HD. I know the Eiger track very, very well. Even so, it takes me a ton of laps to get consistent sector times. I have immense respect for those on this site (and participating in this event) that have managed to turn amazing laptimes within a very short period of time.

This is looking good, and by all means, use the G25+clutch, if you have the ability!! ...it's not like it's easy or anything, like Wayne said. :)
My 1'17.525 was made using the clutch.
Not easy at all, especially because I had only used it once before, a few weeks ago, when trying the wheel for the first time to see if it worked.

Thanks, here I am, maybe not as quick as you might be suggesting, but at a decent level nonetheless. I ran this combo for an hour and got this time:

1'17.364
(11th at the online ranking)

I think I could get a 17.2 or even 17.1 with more playing time, but it looks like I'm having some trouble at the first sector. I've only seen a 32.1 once, and if I had zocker's 31.7 T1 with my other sectors I would be leading, so this sector is my weak point. It's probably lack of GT Academy practice. I'm using a G25, but without the clutch for this race, so that I wouldn't have an unfair advantage.

Well if you actually heel and toe it shouldn't be an advantage at all, since you can't left foot brake, except for maybe turn 2 and 4. If you just brake and downshift, then it might be an advantage. I don't even dare do that in the game. Brings back memories...:guilty:

It's not a matter of left foot braking, I never do that in GT5P, even without the clutch, I only do it in GT4. The only point is that shifting is faster with the clutch.

count me in 👍

i got a 1.17,123 :)

👍👍 Another GTRP top Pilot Cheers Mate 👍

I lost 3 places in 24hours.... Guys I will have to give another try tomorrow (What a great fun anyway ;))

@ Timppaq hope you had great fun cycling today ;)

@ Beerz Cheers mate, using the clutch on that combo... Congrats. but maybe try without, you should be faster ;)

As Vaxen, Eiger is one of my favourite track for hotlaping, so technical but so good when you succeed... Not happy with my time yet.... Maybe tomorrow :sly:

It's not a matter of left foot braking, I never do that in GT5P, even without the clutch, I only do it in GT4. The only point is that shifting is faster with the clutch.

It's a matter of shaving tenths of your time. Both left foot braking and power shifting do that. My point is that there isn't much difference in advantage between someone that's using heel and toe & quick upshifts vs someone who's left foot braking and has to wait for longer upshifts.

Of course you can always cheat and turn the clutch on and off. On for the parts of the track that require upshifting, and off for the braking and downshifting zones. That way you get left foot brake combined with perfect downshifts, and quick upshifts every time.

@ Beerz Cheers mate, using the clutch on that combo... Congrats. but maybe try without, you should be faster ;)

Thanks, Wayne. 👍
I might try it tomorrow without the clutch and see how I do.

Back