The Weekly Arcade Time Attack

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 230 comments
Just curious, what are you all using to play? I'm using G25 clutch+shifter. I wonder if left foot braking is faster.

Some will argue with you about this, but I use my left foot to brake. I think it is faster, because you can be on the brake and throttle at the same time. However with the clutch, that can prove to be difficult.

:D

This is just a suggestion, but if you would like to have more combinations/year than just 52, then we could make it this way:

-every track, every week (excluding HSR's?)

-lets's just decide the car we use / week

I like that idea. But it can get a little confusing right? With all those tracks.. Since you guys are extremly good at this, it takes people like me time to be as fast (heh close) as you.

At least we can fit 71 events, but it won't take more than a year and a half. lol

I think we should try to comeplete a TT every 4 days? That gives plenty of time

I was thinking we could have the TT's go something like this:
Monday - Friday
Sat - Sun

The time you can spend on each part of the week would even out due to the fact you have all tat spare time on the weekends no?

Otherwise, perhaps:

Monday - Thursday
Friday -Sunday.

One of my points there was that when you take one car / all tracks, you'll need to learn the car once... and come, on... we all know these tracks... so.. it would come easier that way than changing the car all the time.

And in the rankings, it's really easy to check the times. Just leave the car and roll the tracks through.

:)

Well you have my vote then. Lets do one car, all tracks.. But we set it up something like this:

Monday: Suzuka Short course and Regular
Tuesday: Fuji GT and Fuji Reg
Wednesday: Eiger R - Eiger F

something like that?

I think this one worked well because we had so long for it and everyone wanted to perfect it, but I'm easy with whatever format 👍

Isn't that a bit too much on short time?

I don't want to sound negative, but I can see that decreasing both the number of participants, and the overall laptimes.

For me one combo for a week sounds perfect... ;)
I might not have enough time to do all these combo on so short time ... But in any case, I will try to participate 👍

I think this one worked well because we had so long for it and everyone wanted to perfect it, but I'm easy with whatever format 👍

I agree with you, and thought about does this thing fall apart, if we spread our groups too wide. But as GT hoped for more than 1 / week, this is what I thought would work, as everyone could do their share to top100 with all tracks and maybe with 1/week make it perfect.. (or almost :D) ..

edit:
Ok, wanna hear my true reason?

I wanna drive Suzuka every week..! ;) ( I would do all of the tracks, of course, but since I love the track, this allows me to love it more.)

Yessss In fact you know I don't perform on Suzuka Tim :sly: (joke)

Grrr : I don't stop having T1 in 31.9xx and can't manage finishing 1 correct lap :ouch:

Little improvement anyway and 3rd spot (Sorry Vaxen 👍) 1.17.160 :)

Little improvement anyway and 3rd spot (Sorry Vaxen 👍) 1.17.160 :)

Nicely done Wayne.

I'll see what I can do tonight. :sly:

For combo schedule: I'd prefer one combo per week, ending early Monday morning. This would give weeknights for preliminary runs and weekends for getting those last few 10ths.

There are 1704 top 100 lists, so whether we cover 1 per week or 2, we'll all have moved on to GT5 long before we've hit even a fraction of them. (It would take 33 years at one per week, and over 16 years at 2 per week!)

Nicely done Wayne.

I'll see what I can do tonight. :sly:

For combo schedule: I'd prefer one combo per week, ending early Monday morning. This would give weeknights for preliminary runs and weekends for getting those last few 10ths.

There are 1420 top 100 lists, so whether we cover 1 per week or 2, we'll all have moved on to GT5 long before we've hit even a fraction of them. (It would take 27 years at one per week, and over 13 years at 2 per week!)

Thanks for the math!! :) ..it made me think that we should discuss the ones, that we really want to conquer. I mean.. can you do more math for us, and calculate how many we can do in a supposed time we have before GT5? ..then we discuss, and after that we decide the order we do them.. this way we have an agreement and we all hopefully are motivated to do this, as there are interesting combos coming.

BTW, will the effort go waste due to the next update, will the sheets be cleared then??????????????????

:(

it's no secret... so my suggestion was nsx+suzy.. lol. I know I won't make it to top10, but I would enjoy it endlessly.. 👍

I just saw that Sphinx :cheers:

Just improved too but not enough 1.17.141 :)

With a T1 at 32.060.... few laps after I made 31.856 & 31.953 and.............didn't make it to the 1.16 yet :ouch:

So with my time & this kind of T1.... must be around 1.16.9xx but when ???

Thanks for the math!! :) ..it made me think that we should discuss the ones, that we really want to conquer. I mean.. can you do more math for us, and calculate how many we can do in a supposed time we have before GT5? ..then we discuss, and after that we decide the order we do them.. this way we have an agreement and we all hopefully are motivated to do this, as there are interesting combos coming.
We don't have a release date for the full version yet, other than sometime in 2009. I'd guess there will be a lot of pressure to release GT5 by Christmas, but I think they are aiming for summer 2009.

If we assume we have 50 weeks then (a bit less than one year), we can cover 50 car/track combos.

Lets throw out all Standard Physics lists, and HSR, HSR-reverse, London, London-reverse, and Daytona Oval.

If we want to cover the remaining 7 tracks fully, we can do it with 7 cars at one per week.
Timppaq
BTW, will the effort go waste due to the next update, will the sheets be cleared then??????????????????

:(
They cleared the timesheets with the release of specII, but I suspect that was primarily due to the thankful inclusion of penalties and lap invalidation infractions for off-roading and wall-riding on Eiger and Suzuka.

If they release a specIII and add any tracks, cars, or finally fix the penalties at Daytona and/or HSR, they'll probably reset the times then. I'd be surprised if there's a specIV, unless GT5 gets delayed.
I was wondering when you'd get back to this and show us all how it's done!👍
Just improved too but not enough 1.17.141 :)

With a T1 at 32.060.... few laps after I made 31.856 & 31.953 and.............didn't make it to the 1.16 yet :ouch:

So with my time & this kind of T1.... must be around 1.16.9xx but when ???
31.856 T1!!! :nervous:

Here I was happy to finally break into the 31.9's a few times last night!

1'16s are definitely in reach, but (for me at least) it would take a nearly flawless run at all 3 sections. Wednesday I was nailing T2, but couldn't get T1 below 32.2; Thursday I was consistently driving T1 well, but couldn't hit T2 to save my life. :ouch:

How is it that on a given night I suddenly seem to just forget how to drive a given turn!:dunce:

That's life, we are human, not machines... :sly:

On my 31.856, I made a good T2 too, ahead of the ghost of the n°1 but completely and suddenly screw right curve after the tunnel... :ouch:

Hi I also tryed the combo today and i like it :)
Time is: 1.16,974

T1 was realy incredible 31,785 but i think i cut a little bit before the bridge... :grumpy:

Hi I also tryed the combo today and i like it :)
Time is: 1.16,974

T1 was realy incredible 31,785 but i think i cut a little bit before the bridge... :grumpy:

Great time, zocker. 👍👍

That T1 is just alien to me. Are you using a G25/Clutch?

1:17.405 w/ heel and toe

I'm gonna give it one more go and then that will be it for me. I'm starting to forget how to drive the RX7 for Earth's tournament.

EDIT: That's it for me. I got a cramp in my groin when braking into the big hairpin. LOL!!!

Back