The Weekly Arcade Time Attack

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 230 comments
It's also dissappointing to know that American drivers like me, Vaxen and CWR can get close to Sphinx's and other GT Academy driver times at this track, but we are not given the opportunity of the GT Academy. Sphinx you are what, in the top 3 of the Academy time trial? But if we were given an Academy they should take the top 100 American times because the United State's population is 5x that of Great Britain

No longer top 3, I think I'm 10th at the moment.

I'm certainly finished now. It's just annoying that on this track you can't use standard racing line because of the elevation changes.

Some corners if you miss the right line by 1 foot you loose .1 or more and you're finished. The second hairpin is still a guessing game to me.

Props to everyone in getting fast times here

Weary - You've been kicked out of the top 10, get back in your car. :)
I probably will, I'm too competitive and I see Earth and I have a good little battle going...not sure I'll be able to replicate my T1 again though...we'll see, I might jump in again over the weekend 👍

I improved a bit again: 1:17.730s. Though with a T1 of 32.231 I could've made a lot better if I hadn't screw up on the last turn... :ouch:

Bit better now, 1:17.525s.

Haven't nailed the last turn yet, still losing a bit of time there, but managed a T1 of 32.137s. 👍

Sorry for the delay guys. I've just began renewing the leaderboard on word and will have it up when I come home later today. Like many others here, I truly am astounded and appreciate all the consistently hard efforts everyone has put into their laptimes in order to spread the talent of GTP across the boards.

For everyone's information, the next combo should be PM'd to me by the current GTP leader (Sphinx at the moment) before AU 06.00 Saturday (I'll ascertian the correct timezones later).

Regards, GTPr01.

If the leader of this event hasn't come up with the combo yet can I suggest they choose one where the top slot has not been achieved by some wall-rider or wall-bouncer? That way GTP can be assured of a good chance at some top 10 slots 👍

If the leader of this event hasn't come up with the combo yet can I suggest they choose one where the top slot has not been achieved by some wall-rider or wall-bouncer? That way GTP can be assured of a good chance at some top 10 slots 👍

I.e, anything but High Speed Ring? Fair enough.

There is also another method (if Sphinx and Timppaq don't constantly want to suggest combinations). What we can do is have all participants PM me with their favourite combination and the first 10 combos recieved will be selected for the next ten rounds (in random order).

SIXAXIS for me, as for everyone forwarding you some requests GTPro, I like that the winner gets a bonus...even if it does mean Timppaq and Sphinx choose them all :sly: 👍

I might have a combo in my mind, where I would be very motivated, but certainly would not make it into top 3... (doesn't include eiger) ..so Sphinx can rest now... ..Wayne and doggyollie should too... and Vaxen also...

:)

👍

EDIT: DFP, with broken right paddle... (working on it)

EDIT: Just read the rest of your post, GTPro, and that other option sounds good.. 👍

A bit more work, a bit better time:

1'17.183 -- 4th overall

My setup is oddly similar to Timppaq's: DFP with broken right paddle.

Timppaq has just sent me his desired combo. It will posted later into the night.

P.S, I just went and looked at the online rankings. The top 10 is littered with the names of our GTP members!

Sorry, I'm using the GT5net tag :sly: but in my mind, feels the same as GTP's ;)

Nice times Doggy & Vaxen... respect 👍
As I can see, I will need to improve it to still be top 3 ^^

Sorry but when do this event ends ?

Timppaq has just sent me his desired combo. It will posted later into the night.

P.S, I just went and looked at the online rankings. The top 10 is littered with the names of our GTP members!

{22/6/08; 06:00 +10GMT - 28/6/08; 06:00 +10GMT}

Sorry, but am I missing something here. Have we reached the deadline for this?

Awww I wont have enough time to compete in this one (My fav track) I don't get back to my PS3 until sunday after 2 months :(

Oh well I will be ready for the next Eiger TT then.

OK, the new combination will be up in 3 minutes (I've changed the time that the current event ends and the new event will start to 18:00 GMT+10 (27/6/08). I'm a little confused by all this time-zone business, so if it makes no sense, please do tell.

I sent it just thinking that the second method described above was maybe chosen, and as it says, the ten first will be noticed, I wanted to do an early reservation.. I was not thinking at all that it would be the one for next week (just a proposal).. And I'm still on this, I want to try to get it under 17... And I'm sure Sphinx will do the same. GTPRO... What is the method used here.. I really didn't know that you had it chosen already.. I'll give this one this weekend...

edit: Beerz, setup your buttons so that you have the ingame "setup menu" available. Takes 5 buttons. As I posted I use f=3,r=8.

lol, you can't just change the deadline.

Indeed, thats awfully rude. :lol:

I sent it just thinking that the second method described above was maybe chosen, and as it says, the ten first will be noticed, I wanted to do an early reservation.. I was not thinking at all that it would be the one for next week (just a proposal).. And I'm still on this, I want to try to get it under 17... And I'm sure Sphinx will do the same. GTPRO... What is the method used here.. I really didn't know that you had it chosen already.. I'll give this one this weekend...

edit: Beerz, setup your buttons so that you have the ingame "setup menu" available. Takes 5 buttons.

Sorry about all this, I'm just extremely busy with many things going on at the moment. I've set the ending time to the one I originally desired (I actually understand it all now).

Since the second method seems more popular, we'll run it that way - I've so far been PM'd one desired combo and the next 9 will also be put in place (in random order) in the next 10 weeks.

OK, now that this is cleared, Take mine for the next week!!!! ;) (just kidding)

It was indeed the perfect combo, but the process will be entirely random, so we'll see what happens.

Nonetheless, let's see if we can break the 1'16.XXX barrier!

P.S, are there any talented Photoshop artists among this thread? If so, this series will need a banner to promote it and keep the first page sharp. I'm willing to give it a go, but I know there are many around here that could do much better. Simply post the design up on this thread and we can all discuss it.

This is just a suggestion, but if you would like to have more combinations/year than just 52, then we could make it this way:

-every track, every week (excluding HSR's?)
-lets's just decide the car we use / week

So... is this week's combo finished? :dunce:

I thought I still had today's afternoon to try and improve my time, guess it's pointless now.

EDIT: Timppaq - thanks for the answer, I'll try to map the G25 (could use more than just 2 buttons on the wheel, really) and give it a shot to see if it makes a difference.
I'm guessing it will, because I always have a hard time braking and holding a correct line for the right sweeper before the tunnel and the hard brake for the last turn, those settings make much more sense and will probably minimise my errors on those spots. 👍

Back