The Worst Car in GT4

• Thread starter gtpoland
  • 1,155 comments
How about a worst car time attack at nurburgring to see which is the best of the worst. Or how about tuning the worse car to be competitive with a car we consider good/fast? hehe.

Did I mention the Prius is awful!!!

The challenge is in the driving. Besides, 200 point races mean nothing. You can do quite a few with the Dodge Ram. I'd hardly call most of those races a challenge with that car.

The Ram cheats. The only thing with similar power-to-weight ratios are Kei cars.

A-Spec points are/were skewed. They didn't properly take into account traction differences between RWD, FWD and AWD. (and there's that whole grip thing). GT5P gets it better with PPs.

The Suzuki concepts are actually two fine examples of opposite ends of the spectrum.

The GSX-4 thingy, whatever it is called, is probably the best car in the game, this thing is amazing to drive and can 200 point many different races/tournaments.

The other concept, is one of the worst. Terrible wheelspin. I tried the one make race for this car earlier, and I got Destroyed.

I can't even do the race stock, never mind try with 200 ballast, N3 tyres and 9000 miles on the clock.

You make it look easy... Have another cookie!

chocolate-chip-cookie_01.jpg

Yeah, the Concept is pretty awful, at least in terms of its wheelspin. I do have a hasty addendum to make to your post, which is to add a video of a redo of that race from a few months ago. I'm not remotely proud of the bashing that I did when first attacking the 200-point races, and I was able to do the race mostly cleanly with some practice. It's also worth noting that I used nitrous (essential for winning with such a handicapped car and setup) and a suspension settings from the forum that improved the handling quite a lot.

And I should emphasize that with a little investment of time looking for a really good lineup in the Cizeta, it should be doable for anyone, especially if you take advantage of the red tarmac to widen the track. Give it a try; it's quite a fun race. 👍

I also happen to be eating a chocolate chip cookie right now. :lol:

Last edited:
I need to buy another box of cookies... :P All gone.

Thats very impressive. It wasn't until I attempted it that I realised how difficult those races actually are.

The Cizeta can be a fun drive, but its usually too good or too bad for the opposition. But in its class, as stock it has to be said, it is one godawful car (Although I suppose this reflects the year it was produced in more than anything)

Yeah, the fact that it's now more than fifteen years old definitely shows. PD seemed to model its age not by giving it poor handling per se, but rather by limiting its grip levels as compared to modern supercars. That explains why it's easy to drive once you get used to the braking distances and the modest cornering speeds.

By the way, I did redo the two Test Course races with N1 tires. Both were laughably easy with the same other specifications as above; the only challenge was to find an appropriate lineup. The Dream Car race is a cakewalk without the Fords or the Zonda, and Like the Wind is, too, when you avoid the CLK, R390, '04 Pescarolo, R8, V12 LMR, GT-ONE, and Sauber, all of which are fast but do not pit in the NTSC game (however, the Sauber and possibly more do in PAL). However, as crazy as it sounds, you actually have to be mindful of your speed and lines! In a car apparently not styled with downforce in mind, a good draft means that you have to brake slightly for the corner, and even at normal speeds, you can't be lazy with the steering, because you'll probably bump the wall on the exit. That's why I enjoy this car: it creates challenges where none existed before. :lol:

I have a worst-car scenario. why are my slow FF Rally cars so better on handling, and trottle control?,Versus Official Rally cars?:ill:

I think you've already answered the question in another thread:
We are perhaps the best on dirt.
Clearly, you are such a genius at GT4 tuning that your FF tunes outperform cars modelled on real-life rally cars designed and made by highly-skilled and -paid professionals. And your skill at controlling trottles is surely exceptional as well.

Worst car...how about T-Fans crappy attempts at rally cars? :lol: :sly: I'm such a cruel person.

Well the way I see it is at least the awsome looking Ford Model-T does 56 miles an hour. The horseless carriages can't even do that. I hate to see them on a hill!:crazy::scared::ill:

Gotta be the two 1 horse carriages.

has anyone come up with a coclusion to which is the worst car in GT4

C'mon its those carriages. 1 horse (No horse appearing to be present, slow (Takes at least two days to get through a lap of the 'Ring (If you can get up the hills), useless crappy "cars".

Last edited:
Yeah, the Concept is pretty awful, at least in terms of its wheelspin. I do have a hasty addendum to make to your post, which is to add a video of a redo of that race from a few months ago. I'm not remotely proud of the bashing that I did when first attacking the 200-point races, and I was able to do the race mostly cleanly with some practice. It's also worth noting that I used nitrous (essential for winning with such a handicapped car and setup) and a suspension settings from the forum that improved the handling quite a lot.

I partly disagree on the Suzuki. Compared to the GSX it's not up to much, but then that's pretty obvious given that it's a FF hatchback rather than a mid-engined ultra-light sports car...

However, compare it to some of the other powerful FFs in the game and it's not too bad.

Not to mention, that in your video you showed virtually no smooth control of the throttle at all - it was either on or off. At full throttle and with some steering angle on, the front wheels are obviously going to light up.

As you mention too though, a bit of light tuning can see it become quite potent. It's certainly nowhere near the worst car in the game.

The pink 2CV. Not only is the color completely unsuitable for most of us, but my lawnmower literally has more power than that thing. Waste of a legitimate championship.

Why, are most people particularly insecure about their sexuality that anything pink is a no-no?...

All those little Kei Cars with like 63 horsepower (probably more but Japanese policymakers were very adamant about HP until a few years ago).
Everything below those little Kei Cars. It's a RACING GAME for cryin out loud! What's the point?

Variety?

From my experience racing Keis in LAN events rather than just against the AI, they can be heaps of fun. You really learn to conserve momentum when you have so little of it to start with. It certainly sharpens up your racing skills knowing you can't afford to lose even 1mph in a corner...

Last edited:
You're right that it handles pretty well for what it is, but I still believe that it suffers from more wheelspin than most FF cars of similar power and weight. The on/off throttle use, when combined with keeping the car in third gear to avoid wheelspin (the loss of traction that you can hear is from the nitrous) is actually the fastest way to drive the car, as well as most others in GT4.

In addition to the early 19th and 20th century cars, my least favourite would be the Chapparall 2J:grumpy:

Oversteer, oversteer, and more oversteer...

It is a novel car, and I like its' design, but it is a total 🤬 to handle. I recall my laps on the 'ring with it. I always end up with white-knuckles! Very easy to lose control on the Flugplatz, Bergwerk and other fast corners:banghead:

Give me my 1200000 credits back!:mad:

Dude, i think that car was meant for b-spec only. I know it's a horrible little racecar to drive, but put it in bobs hands and he can and will destroy cars as fast as a 787-b.

So, uhhh.... how about that volvo estate:dopey:

Citroen Xsara WRC anyone? Wayyyy too beefy for a light weight FF, i thought all WRC cars were meant to be AWD.

On dirt its decent, but on tarmac fuhggedabaddit.

Big disappointment, how am i spose to get my Loeb on now?

Sorry to double post but:

Wake up you people! The carriages suck! 1 horse (none that I noticed), can't climb a hill, can't use them in simulation mode races, and there are two. They can be sold, but can't be sold for any money. They need 3 or more minutes to get though just a lap of Beginner Course. They're crappier than 10 unflushed toilets. They're cool but now I wanna sell the Motor Carriage I have in my garage and not bother getting one again. Just my two cents (and two posts).

Why exactly, is it a waste of cash?

The 2D is a waste cause you can move up to the way more powerful 2J for only an extra 100,000.

Last edited:
QUOTE=chepe371;3879925]Citroen Xsara WRC anyone? Wayyyy too beefy for a light weight FF, i thought all WRC cars were meant to be AWD.

Big disappointment, how am i spose to get my Loeb on now?[/QUOTE]

That's because the Xsara is not a wrc-car. It's a s2000/kit-car kind of a deal. You may also have noticed that a turbopressure-dial is missing.

In France the rallying is mostly on tarmac, and that is where Loeb cut his teeth in rally-racing. And if I'm not mistaken this is his car from that time.
I guess you'll have to get your Loeb on FF style.:lol:

Citroen Xsara WRC anyone? Wayyyy too beefy for a light weight FF, i thought all WRC cars were meant to be AWD.

Big disappointment, how am i spose to get my Loeb on now?

It's awesome on Tarmac! On S1 tyres and reduced downforce (13/14 F/R) it's possible to beat El Capitan 200 miles Endurance race for 200 A-spec points.
(I've done it myself!)

Wake up you people! The carriages suck! 1 horse (none that I noticed), can't climb a hill, can't use them in simulation mode races, and there are two.

Heard you the first time. Just because you post it twice doesn't make it more true, it just makes more
spammy.gif

Sorry to double post but:

Wake up you people! The carriages suck! 1 horse (none that I noticed), can't climb a hill, can't use them in simulation mode races, and there are two. They can be sold, but can't be sold for any money. They need 3 or more minutes to get though just a lap of Beginner Course. They're crappier than 10 unflushed toilets. They're cool but now I wanna sell the Motor Carriage I have in my garage and not bother getting one again. Just my two cents (and two posts).

You forgot...

...they were some of the first motorized, gasoline-powered vehicles...

...if nobody had been clever and ambitious enough to create them, we'd all still be riding horses or possibly driving inefficient, dirty, steam-powered cars...

....therefore Gran Turismo would perhaps be a horse-racing game, or a game full of cars which would need coal and water loaded into them...

....a little respect to the automobiles that started it all...and the people who invented them...

Chaparral 2D. A waste of cash.

Why exactly, is it a waste of cash?

2D isn't a waste! It's pretty cool to just let spin a round in the dealership.
And the 2J looks like it's rocket-powered (I actually thought this when I first got the game.

I'll second the Daimler Motor Carriage. It would be reasonable as an antique if they would enable at least some weight reduction, lol! I can't climb hills with the archaic 1hp engine for god's sake!

It is just just a bit cheaper then the 2J, and a lot worser.

Worser isn't a word. You guys make it sound as if the 2D can't win any races at all, which it certainly can.

I'll second the Daimler Motor Carriage. It would be reasonable as an antique if they would enable at least some weight reduction, lol! I can't climb hills with the archaic 1hp engine for god's sake!

Right, because it was one of the first gasoline-powered vehicles ever (some say the first), which makes it totally unfair to compare it against modern vehicles with multi-cylinder engines. That would be like comparing an toddler who can barely walk to a full-grown athelete.

It's like you guys expect the very first car ever built to have everything a modern car does, including a modern-car's power. You know nothing about history or what it was like to live back in the late-1800s before cars were invented.

Last edited:
Chaparral 2D. A waste of cash.

Hi there. i disagree with you for a number of reasons:

1; I don't see how it's a waste of money if it can be obtained as a prize car.

2; It whoops cars that are almost 40 years newer AND does it while having less tire wear than it's competitors.

3; It's very very easy to drive fast, unlike the godly 2J.

4; It can obtain 300mph with a stage 4 turbo and not too much tuning.

I guess what many people fail to realize is that this game isn't about winning races... It's about the driving experience. I actually find the 2D to be a lot of fun.

But, if we're going to base the worst cars argument on what can win the most races with the least amount of money, then all of the cars except the PD Formula GT are the worst because most cars cost more and they all generally get worse lap times. :sly:

I think I posted in here once saying that the Ford GT sucked, but really it just takes a different driver. After messing with it for a while, I managed to start getting nice lap times.

Really, there isn't a worst car, seeing as the game is about driving and having fun doing so (for me anyways). Yeah, there's cars that aren't fun to drive, but they can be if you want them to.

For some reason, the Nissan GTR LM has a very weird gearbox. Not that i hate the car, but it's pretty easy to make a mistake, especially the upshifts.

Btw, i just bought the Peugeot LMP car. Fun to drive, but the turbo lag is massive.

Back