TheCardboardBox | 峠Touge | 湾岸Wangan | GT6 Tuning - VGT's and more!

It's a good switch, It takes time to get used too, i'm still learning to control the car once it starts to break loose...

the increased level of precision and control that a wheel offers is ideal for playing Gran Turismo. O wouldn't have it any other way!
Welcome to the club, Slender.

View attachment 100863
Boxer Lightweight
Based on:
Subaru BRZ S '12

Tale of the Tape:
  • 500PP
  • 315hp/7800rpm | 219ft-lb/7300rpm
  • 1116KG
  • Model: Premium
  • Type: Track
  • Mileage: 63.3
  • GT Auto: Front B, Flat Floor, Custom Wing B

PARTS
Tuning Shop
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable L.S.D
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Intake Manifold
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Sports Hard Tyres

SETUP
Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 - 8

Ballast
Amount: 22kg
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 98.2%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, Each individual ratio then Final Gear.)
1st:
2nd:-- 2.090
3rd:-- 1.550
4th:-- 1.200
5th:-- 0.980
6th:-- 0.830
Final: 4.350
Max Speed: 174 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential
0 – 9
0 – 13
0 - 10

Suspension
Ride Height: 77mm/78mm
Spring Rate: 7.50/7.12
Compression: 4/3
Extension:-- 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 1.4/1.3
Toe:-------- -0.07/0.16

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
A small lightweight car that packs a punch around the track, This BRZ can certainly hang with the big boy's...

In love with this set up.
Thanks for sharing.

going from a ds3 to a wheel was the best investment i ever made. although you do have to retrain yourself completely. it adds so much more control over the ds3. you will notice that your tires will last long and your gas lasts just a lil bit longer. the ability to precisely throttle control and turn makes a huge difference. and it allows you to feel the road and the car ALOT better. so in the long run it helps you perfect your tuning. the only issue with a wheel is that it is alot harder to save the simple mistakes due to the counter steering speed of the wheel vs a ds3. the ds3 can go from full lock to full lock almost 4 times faster than a wheel. but on a wheel you rarely get into a situation where you need a serious correction unless someone gets into you during a turn. i have noticed that in gt6, if you make a tune on a wheel it carries over very well to the ds3. unlike on gt5 where you needed to make a tune for both the wheel and ds3 separately. but in all honesty dfgt is good but if you can go for a g25/g27. it'll add so much more realism into your driving techniques due to the use of a clutch and 6 speed shifter and paddles for those other cars.. along with the amount of customizing available for the g25/g27 platform. but i can definitely say i have never heard anyone say they prefer a ds3 over a wheel... once you get a wheel it'll NEVER be the same :) if you ever need help modding a wheel of making a tune for one let me know... i have had a g27 for a little over 2 years now and a dfgt for a year before that. here are a few pics of my setup. kind of old pics but you get the idea. i added a pic of my 240sx interior just to show that i use the same wheel in real life as i do for my gaming so all the realism is there...and as for the dog...well i thought it was funny had to share it..:lol:
GOPR2121.JPG
GOPR2143.JPG
GOPR2268.JPG
GOPR2357.JPG

going from a ds3 to a wheel was the best investment i ever made. although you do have to retrain yourself completely. it adds so much more control over the ds3. you will notice that your tires will last long and your gas lasts just a lil bit longer. the ability to precisely throttle control and turn makes a huge difference. and it allows you to feel the road and the car ALOT better. so in the long run it helps you perfect your tuning. the only issue with a wheel is that it is alot harder to save the simple mistakes due to the counter steering speed of the wheel vs a ds3. the ds3 can go from full lock to full lock almost 4 times faster than a wheel. but on a wheel you rarely get into a situation where you need a serious correction unless someone gets into you during a turn. i have noticed that in gt6, if you make a tune on a wheel it carries over very well to the ds3. unlike on gt5 where you needed to make a tune for both the wheel and ds3 separately. but in all honesty dfgt is good but if you can go for a g25/g27. it'll add so much more realism into your driving techniques due to the use of a clutch and 6 speed shifter and paddles for those other cars.. along with the amount of customizing available for the g25/g27 platform. but i can definitely say i have never heard anyone say they prefer a ds3 over a wheel... once you get a wheel it'll NEVER be the same :) if you ever need help modding a wheel of making a tune for one let me know... i have had a g27 for a little over 2 years now and a dfgt for a year before that. here are a few pics of my setup. kind of old pics but you get the idea. i added a pic of my 240sx interior just to show that i use the same wheel in real life as i do for my gaming so all the realism is there...and as for the dog...well i thought it was funny had to share it..:lol:View attachment 104088 View attachment 104089 View attachment 104090 View attachment 104091

In GT5, after switching from DS3 to controller, I noticed my tuned were quite stiff and sensitive. And after tuning for the wheel and going back to DS3 (wheel issues) I noticed the tunes were now too lose and soft.

On GT6, though, I retained my wheel tuning techniques and they work great on the controller. I can't wait to fix my wheel or buy a new one altogether to see how my DS3 setups transfer over to the wheel.

I have a DFGT too what's broken ?

Mine is the one that's a little wacky.

Here are the two issues that make it unusable for me:

1. The brakes are always on. Even when my foot isn't on the pedal, the sensor is still pressed. In GT, it would show as if I'm using 5-10% brake force even when I'm off the pedal.

2. At times, when steering angle is 45 degrees or more on either direction, the wheel would press buttons on its own. Usually during strong force feedback or when the wheel is returning to center. It would press the side-view buttons or flash lights, which isn't an issue... But what makes me want to pull my hair out (what little I have left) is when it presses the START button on its own. So you can imagine, auto pilot would make me lose seconds off my lap times. And when in the heat of battle, all hope is lost :lol:

I was thinking of just opening the whole thing up and see what I find physically wrong with the blasted thing.

Any help or advice you can offer I will be truly grateful for.

Mine is the one that's a little wacky.

Here are the two issues that make it unusable for me:

1. The brakes are always on. Even when my foot isn't on the pedal, the sensor is still pressed. In GT, it would show as if I'm using 5-10% brake force even when I'm off the pedal.

2. At times, when steering angle is 45 degrees or more on either direction, the wheel would press buttons on its own. Usually during strong force feedback or when the wheel is returning to center. It would press the side-view buttons or flash lights, which isn't an issue... But what makes me want to pull my hair out (what little I have left) is when it presses the START button on its own. So you can imagine, auto pilot would make me lose seconds off my lap times. And when in the heat of battle, all hope is lost :lol:

I was thinking of just opening the whole thing up and see what I find physically wrong with the blasted thing.

Any help or advice you can offer I will be truly grateful for.

I can help with the peddle issue u are having... im assuming it started spiking occasionally before it finally stuck. I gotta redo mine anyways so when I fix mine ill show u in a vc wat to do.

Snake Update I

I just completed the Red Bull challenges and bought a bunch of cars with the reward money. So I got a bunch of goo project cars for the upcoming LOTS season. Classes S, A, B, and C will all be represented.

[quote"SolidSnake7735, post: 9263149, member: 149998"]Snake Update I

I just completed the Red Bull challenges and bought a bunch of cars with the reward money. So I got a bunch of goo project cars for the upcoming LOTS season. Classes S, A, B, and C will all be represented.[/quote]

When Is the next LOTS season coming up?

[quote"SolidSnake7735, post: 9263149, member: 149998"]Snake Update I

I just completed the Red Bull challenges and bought a bunch of cars with the reward money. So I got a bunch of goo project cars for the upcoming LOTS season. Classes S, A, B, and C will all be represented.

When Is the next LOTS season coming up?[/quote]

sooner than later is all I can say lol.

we're highly anticipating the course creator so we can have our hands at it making custom courses to run on.

After the recently revealed footage from the Gran Turismo live stream, that day may soon be upon us.

I have a tune for project missle. I just adjusted the suspension LSD and transmission

Six speed transmission

Suspension
Ride height: 90f 100r
Spring rate: 7.80f 7.50r
Dampers(c): 4f 4r
Dampers(e): 5f 5r
Anti roll bars: 4f 4r
Camber: 0.7f 1.5r
Toe angle: -35f -20r

Brakes: 7f 8r

LSD: 50,60,39
That's my tune n changes I made from the project missle tune u posted snake

O
I have a tune for project missle. I just adjusted the suspension LSD and transmission

Six speed transmission

Suspension

It can get evil on u snake so please be gentle lol

Snake Update I

So I just bought myself a brand new Fanatec GT3RS V2 with CSR Elite Pedals and CSR Shifter set.

I'll do an update post with pics of the contraption once it arrives.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

Hey guys I was wondering if there were any plans for a HP/engine displacement series similar to the GT5 hot version thread?

Found a fun classic that would be great fun in a 200HP under 2 litre class that didn't have a PP restriction.:crazy::cheers:

Hey guys I was wondering if there were any plans for a HP/engine displacement series similar to the GT5 hot version thread?

Found a fun classic that would be great fun in a 200HP under 2 litre class that didn't have a PP restriction.:crazy::cheers:

that sure sounds like fun. I'll guess that you found the Renault R8 Gordini '66... But I have been wrong before :lol:

@XDesperado67 which car would it be?

Last edited:

Six speed transmission

Suspension

I just gave these settings a go on Setting Sheet B. It works well but is unforgiving.

This isn't a review, so don't count these comments as end-all, be-all. I asked for help tuning this car, so I will take any and all input into consideration.

I like the suspension, though the Toe angles felt odd to me. Maybe it's because I'm on the wheel and you're on the controller. Which sensitivity settings do you use for the controller?

The dampers and anti-roll bars work well to reduce mid-corner understeer, that bit i like a lot. But I think a milder LSD would work better. With LSD setup, I feel tons of grip but that takes away from the "missile" aspect of the car. I want it to be able to drift on command and regain traction and control just as easily.

On my Setting Sheet A, I have ride height at 95/100 and springs at 8.0/6.0... I think I'll implement your height settings and the rear spring rate to see how that works. I'm using a basic LSD setup of 5-20-10. Give taht a try with your settings and get back to me on how that feels to you on the controller.

I like the dampers on the front but the rear, even though it willingly follows the front's path willingly, doesn't behave like a missile car... more like a track car. Which is good, don't get me wrong, but not the feel I'm going for.

Keep up the good work, bro. I'll be online all day today. Atlanta is completely frozen over so I ain't leaving the house at all :lol:

I was looking at the map of the new track that they revealed days ago, and could not help but notice a particular section that would be amazing for touge battles! (Section: CA-5311) It has all the quintessential characteristics of an ideal touge course... at least on paper! :lol: Wide and tight corners, and it also comes with a straight! I'm really looking forward to this DLC.

I took the liberty to mark the start and finish!

I was looking at the map of the new track that they revealed days ago, and could not help but notice a particular section that would be amazing for touge battles! (Section: CA-5311) It has all the quintessential characteristics of an ideal touge course... at least on paper! :lol: Wide and tight corners, and it also comes with a straight! I'm really looking forward to this DLC.

I took the liberty to mark the start and finish!

wow, that looks great! I don't see why we wouldn't use all of it haha!

Back