they nerf cars on here

• Thread starter kc76
  • 20 comments
not quite nerfing, which I've never read on here about gt7, but also haven;t read anything that goes on like the weird dynamics in Fifa Soccer, where at certain points certain teams/players get boosted nerfed if certain metrics have been met during game.there is a name for it in fifa, and people convinced some weird stuff goes on... which I agree with. ie defenders suddenly much weaker, slowe, sloppier... attacking team cuts through you. don;t believe similar happens in GT7, apart from the boost which is set each race...

Does the cars get nerfed in gt7...im sure they can adjust them if THEY think you op.
PD is changing balance for BoP events regularly, which can result in some cars losing performance while at the same time others may see an improvement.
Also they change PP on some cars on a lesser frequency, which also can go both directions.
And lastly, there may always be a change of physics. This then affects all cars to the same extend per change, but the factor can still be different depending on the cars handling characteristics.

So in short: yes, PD does apply nerfs to find a better balance (as every gaming company does).

Yes. These are my personal favorite nerf liveries on here. IMG_5685.jpegIMG_5686.png

Title: They nerf cars on here
yea

PD is changing balance for BoP events regularly, which can result in some cars losing performance while at the same time others may see an improvement.
Also they change PP on some cars on a lesser frequency, which also can go both directions.
And lastly, there may always be a change of physics. This then affects all cars to the same extend per change, but the factor can still be different depending on the cars handling characteristics.

So in short: yes, PD does apply nerfs to find a better balance (as every gaming company does).
That is true cause blizz made d4 not fun to play with the nerfs

i asked do thwy turn the cars down........nerf like blizz did d4.
You are not constrained by a character limit. Please type in full sentences (so that everyone can understand exactly what it is you are asking. If you'd done so in your first post there wouldn't be people asking what you mean, and you still haven't actually explained it to any obvious meaning.

Cars are "nerfed" (or "boosted") by a standard Balance of Performance calculation that applies to everything within a given class. This is occasionally changed after game updates, but generally applies over a period of months.

However individual players are not "nerfed" because "THEY think you op".

Also stop double-posting. There's a Multiquote feature for quoting several people at once, and an Edit button.

Out of all the examples, you pick Blizzard and their games, which have zero correlation.

Truly a quality post. Vague and making irrelevant comparisons.

Because they balanced/nerf classes and other stuff and reason i asked the question on here i noticed changes in how my car was driving ect.No harm meant was just a simple question.

i noticed changes in how my car was driving ect.
From when to when? There hasn't been a change in the Balance of Performance since update 1.36 on August 7.

Because they balanced/nerf classes and other stuff and reason i asked the question on here i noticed changes in how my car was driving ect.No harm meant was just a simple question.
Do you understand how BOP (Balance of Performance) works now?

And what does this mean?
im sure they can adjust them if THEY think you op.

To the OP:

It's important to understand that the car in your garage isn't nerfed.

It's weight and power are adjusted temporarily when you enter an event that employs the BOP system. This is used for events where you're allowed to pick any car from a specified category (Group 3, Group 2 or whatever). When the event is over and you check the car's spec's in your garage, they'll be exactly what they were originally.

If BOP wasn't used this way to more-or-less equalise performance across the field, you'd have a serious OP problem on your hands.

Last edited:
Outside of BOP, cars can and do get nerfed even in singleplayer when they overperform.

In a way, the comparison to Diablo is somewhat apt as cars tunes are basically just character builds. Certain tunes in GT7 have been nerfed into the ground with PP and physics updates (and rightly so) as well as across the board changes that affect how different tuneable parameters perform (the effect of aero and ride height for instance).

OP, have you done any maintenance to the cars? Or put a high amount of miles on them? The cars in game do have a wear cycle. I have noticed that sometimes you need to tweak the tune as cars get miles on them. Just my 2 cents.

Back