Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments
Ah, resuming a nice dream after waking up in the middle of the night for it to be disrupted by a bathroom break.

Tea out of a tempered glass cup. It tastes so much better. In fact, every drink ever tastes best in a glass cup.

I think the science behind it is that since glass is, uh... pH neutral it doesn't react to any liquids in the cup so you get a 'purer' taste as opposed to plastic or ceramics.

Tea out of a tempered glass cup. It tastes so much better. In fact, every drink ever tastes best in a glass cup.

I think the science behind it is that since glass is, uh... pH neutral it doesn't react to any liquids in the cup so you get a 'purer' taste as opposed to plastic or ceramics.

I’d been using tempered glass pots and cups to make tea for a while but recently got a nice bone china set and have been using that. I really can’t taste any difference in the flavour but the glass certainly kept the tea hotter for longer than the china.

I really love the current very sunny, dry and warm (relative because it is still winter) weather. It puts a huge smile on my face.

The feel of tightening a bottle cap so tight that it strips it and no longer works properly. Not because it makes me feel strong or anything, I like the feel of the bump when jumping the last thread in the cap.

When I'm watching Netflix and I remember to manually start the third episode before it auto plays so the fourth episode doesn't ask me if I'm still watching. :D

Nutella, I really love nutella. I put it on my Ice Cream often. Yum!

EDIT:
I thought of other things.
- French Toast, especially Cracker Barrel's french toast
- Waffles
- Pancakes
- Getting the corner piece on a cake.
- Day-dreaming while listening to music.

Last edited:
- Getting the corner piece on a cake.

I was going to say that conventional cakes are round and lack corners but then I remembered that many cakes are square.

Today I really loved chilling out and playing one of my homemade games with my colleague. It's been such a long time since the 2 of us just had a laugh and took it easy together without work getting in the way or the reason we're together being work related. It was just simple fun with somebody who I really enjoy the company of.

I love it when I am able to talk to people who are just as happy to converse about a relatable subject. To the point where you feel like you could talk for hours.

A bit of a story...

Took a small vacation to western New York during President's Day weekend, mostly for my brother to visit his old college. Not a interesting area, but we figured we'd find something to do. I could only think of trying to find a hobby store with diecast cars and with a quick google search, took a gamble to check out one half an hour's drive from where we were.

Shop ended up being an interesting place, but for me, the best part was talking to the owner. We ended up talking for 3 hours (2 hours after his store was supposed close!) about motorsports, car culture, diecast cars, and the auto industry. He seemed so happy to talk to someone who wasn't (as he claimed) a redneck who only cared about classic muscle cars.

There's just something enjoyable when you find yourself talking to someone you just met for hours.

The various versions of "Lucky Man" by Montgomery Gentry.
At the beginning of the song when they say "Last Sunday when the _____ lost", the blank is either filled in with various team names like "Bengals", "Tar Heels" or possibly many other team names you can think of. I haven't heard it in years, but I think it all varies depending on where you live and what radio station you listen to. While the song is pretty okay at best and the changes may be subtle, I do I like how you can hear so many different versions of it. Even though it may not be much, you never really know what they're going to say and it makes me curious every time I hear it come on and it gives me more incentive to listen to it.

I just realized I really love wasting time on GTPlabet.. I think it's best forum/site on web for me.. Need to get shirt and gtpedia..

Other than that I really love pizza, I love italian cars, latin and mediteranian girls and dogs.. And I don't think I lovr anything else haha

I love adrenaline.. But now always

I just realized I really love wasting time on GTPlabet..
tenor.gif

:)

The various versions of "Lucky Man" by Montgomery Gentry.
At the beginning of the song when they say "Last Sunday when the _____ lost", the blank is either filled in with various team names like "Bengals", "Tar Heels" or possibly many other team names you can think of. I haven't heard it in years, but I think it all varies depending on where you live and what radio station you listen to. While the song is pretty okay at best and the changes may be subtle, I do I like how you can hear so many different versions of it. Even though it may not be much, you never really know what they're going to say and it makes me curious every time I hear it come on and it gives me more incentive to listen to it.
I too love this. Although I can't attest to hearing anything other than the Bengal version.

I believe a Toby Kieth song (can't remember the name) is like this too. Also, Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band does this when they say "turn the _____ on up" in either a verse or chorus I can't remember. For one of the country stations over hear it says the name of the station in the blank instead of "radio".

I too love this. Although I can't attest to hearing anything other than the Bengal version.
The Bengals version is pretty much the original version of the song and it's what you can expect to hear if you buy one of their albums. I think the radio is about the only way you can expect to hear any other versions of it. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Fun Fact: They recorded over 80 different versions of the song. Imagine having all of them in your music library. :lol:
I believe a Toby Kieth song (can't remember the name) is like this too.
Seems like I recall hearing one song from him like this, but I cannot seem to remember it either. :indiff:
Also, Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band does this when they say "turn the _____ on up" in either a verse or chorus I can't remember. For one of the country stations over hear it says the name of the station in the blank instead of "radio".

For me, they replace "the radio" with the name of the station and I am kind of mad I forgot about it because it was on just yesterday. :mad:

Some other examples I know of:

Small Town USA by Justin Moore - Somewhere in the song he will say the name of the station before "and a six pack of lights". (I ain't heard it in so long, I don't remember where)
Country Must Be Country Wide by Brantley Gilbert - Between the part where he says "come on" and "Ya'll better crank this up!", he will mention the name of the station, at least on one of my local stations. Not all of them seem to do this though.
Little Bit of Life by Craig Morgan - Radio is replaced with the name of the station.
Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift - Same as above.
Smoke A Little Smoke by Eric Church - When he says "Turn the quiet up", the word quiet is replaced with the name of the station.
Make Me Wanna by Thomas Rhett - At the very end of the song, FM is replaced with the name of the station.

And that's all I can think of.

Last edited:
The Bengals version is pretty much the original version of the song and it's what you can expect to hear if you buy one of their albums. I think the radio is about the only way you can expect to hear any other versions of it. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Fun Fact: They recorded over 80 different versions of the song. Imagine having all of them in your music library. :lol:
Seems like I recall hearing one song from him like this, but I cannot seem to remember it either. :indiff:
For me, they replace "the radio" with the name of the station and I am kind of mad I forgot about it because it was on just yesterday. :mad:

Some other examples I know of:

Small Town USA by Justin Moore - Somewhere in the song he will say the name of the station before "and a six pack of lights". (I ain't heard it in so long, I don't remember where)
Country Must Be Country Wide by Brantley Gilbert - Between the part where he says "come on" and "Ya'll better crank this up!", he will mention the name of the station, at least on one of my local stations. Not all of them seem to do this though.
Little Bit of Life by Craig Morgan - Radio is replaced with the name of the station.
Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift - Same as above.
Smoke A Little Smoke by Eric Church - When he says "Turn the quiet up", the word quiet is replaced with the name of the station.
Make Me Wanna by Thomas Rhett - At the very end of the song, FM is replaced with the name of the station.

And that's all I can think of.
You know a few there. I should have known the Small Town USA one and Tim McGraw one.

I believe a Toby Kieth song (can't remember the name) is like this too.

I recall that as well and I want to say it was "How Do You Like Me Now?!". Specifically the line "But I always dreamed about living in your radio" replaced with "But I always dreamed about living on *station name*".

I could certainly be wrong, but running the modified line through my head gives me a sense of nostalgia so I feel good about that guess. :lol:

The *snap* of the skin when biting into a red potato, that it inexplicably still possesses even three days after the original boiling. I mean...come on. What sorcery is this?

My new dishwasher.

I know I know, how can you love a dishwasher. Well, first you have to understand how many dishes I do, in a house of 5, with little girls that will demand a new cup after they threw one in the sink just because their sister has a new cup and now they want one too. Man those kids can go through dishes. And it's all plastic crap that won't fit anywhere and just spins and flops around collecting water and staying wet while the dishwasher is running.

My new dishwasher (Bosch 300), actually gets food off the dishes. I've never had a dishwasher that would reliably do it... I cannot fully explain how much I am enjoying the freedom. Oh and the third rack... I could go on for a solid 20 minutes on the third rack alone. So magnificent.

Admittedly I don't have the same kind of dish turnaround, but I actually enjoy doing the dishes by hand. I find it so relaxing that I tend to not even listen to music while washing them. We have a weekly dinner rotation with neighbors that usually quadruples the place settings, and it's rare that I'll use the dishwasher for anything other than a drying rack because the countertop ensemble just isn't big enough.

The only things I don't enjoy washing by hand are vented pot lids, food processor/juicer parts, sieves and champagne flutes. I think.

I actually enjoy doing the dishes by hand.
I couldn't agree more! I've had a dishwasher in every household I've ever stayed in and I couldn't even tell you how to properly use one.

People at work made fun of me when I told them I didn't know how to use the dishwasher and asked if I had ever done a chore in my life... uh yes, i wash them by hand???

Back