Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 373 comments
(This text is coloured in a light shade, so if you are reading this, then good job! You have found a free compliment without a nasty undertone. You are looking great today! Keep on being awesome!)

If this thread is anything to go by, thinking about things you love should be done more often, and by sharing it, some people can be inspired to think about things they love, maybe it will make them feel better after an awful day working somewhere like a meat processing plant, or in psychiatric ward for people who go mental upon hearing the word "door." The world isn't nice, but some things in it are, and they're worth sticking around for, for example:

• When the right song comes on at the right time.

For a moment you just get to forget about the rat race and enjoy the music. For example, I'd just finished a 12 hour day working in central Wellington, which is awful when you do physical work. As I got out of the city and headed along the side of the harbour the sun was setting, a beautiful sunset behind me, and then "Peaceful Harbor" comes on by Flying Colors. A serene song that fit the scene as I started the long drive home. For that moment I felt truly involved in the moment, and was able to just ignore the stresses of the day and enjoy being alive.

• Family.

Even if you are an under achiever like me, you try and try but you never quite live up to the standards of those around you, family still have your back. And that is truly important, and you must never take it for granted.

• The sense of pride when you finish creating something and look/listen back on it.

Maybe you've made a shed in your back yard; skin for a game; a song, or maybe a coffee that tastes just right. Feeling like you've achieved something at no detriment to something/someone else is great, and people seem to miss out on that because in many cases it serves no financial benefit, or meaning to those around them.

• Making someone's day better by simply having a nice vehicle.

For example, sometimes when I'm riding my motorbike I get kids that see the bike and find that exciting. They wave and jump around, and I give them a wave back and rev the bike up, it makes them happy. And it's nice to know that in making myself happy, I can make other people happy too, that said children are quite easy to please.

Positivity is fun, even if it makes you look silly. I said for example a lot in this post.

The thing I love is probably Pokemon, although stuff has come close, nothing has so far topped this franchise :P

I love the feeling of cooking my own meal. My mom makes some good fried rice, but would never really let me try and help her or show me how. After moving out into my own apartment, I decided to try and make it...without a recipe. Just "guesses" on what she used to make her fried rice and attempt to recreate it on my own. Something about experimenting in the kitchen is surprisingly fun.
24958812_10215438015802952_3965045755879512196_o.jpg

As a result, it was pretty close to what she made. I just didn't add quite enough soy sauce to the mix.

As someone who never really thought he'd be able to cook very well, I found it quite enjoyable to do so without really knowing what I was doing. :lol: Of course, I'm sure fried rice isn't too hard to make. But I look forward to trying to make more of my own meals.

- Hot showers
- My family of course. Always there to be supportive of my decisions and be encouraging when I take on new challenges.
- Cars, I just really love cars.
- Video games, primarily racing games and platformers.
- Hotlapping cars in racing games around tracks, just being able to test how a car drivers gives me joy.
- Opening a package or a present, the idea of opening something where you don't know what it is.
- Cheeseburgers
- Pizza

- Hot showers
In a "hot showers are so soothing" sort of way, or particularly hot showers? I ask because I genuinely enjoy a shower that's as hot as I can stand it. I don't think it's a masochistic thing, nor do I think it's a compulsion because, while I value hygiene, it's not as though I feel compelled to bathe excessively. There may be an element of "I'm only doing this because it feels so good when I stop," though, as it raises my body temperature and makes ambient air temperature feel cooler than it is. Anyway...just curious.

:lol:

I really get into those 5 subject A4 books.

I like using them for drawing as it organizes it nicely into 5 :)

I’ve really found a love for pipe smoking over the last week. Cigarettes suck but I enjoy tobacco so switched to a more primitive style of smoke.

Filling up a bowl in a ritual manor and finding somewhere comfy to sit or a nice place to walk while having a burn hits me as one of the simple pleasures in life.

So settling down and spending 30 minutes watching the planes fly overhead with a pot of tea and a pipe of mild tobacco, that’s a thing I love.

Yay! So I'm not bat crap crazy...or I have company.

:lol:
Can I join the club? ;)
I love hotter than necessary showers.

I don't know what it is, the hot water is just sort of soothing. It's funny though, because I always forget about how hot it actually is so when my other half jumps in she ends up getting burnt and mad :lol:

Can I join the club? ;)
Club? Yes. Shower? No.

I don't know what it is, the hot water is just sort of soothing. It's funny though, because I always forget about how hot it actually is so when my other half jumps in she ends up getting burnt and mad :lol:
I'm most inclined to link it to body temperature as I previously indicated.

The shower in our master bedroom has a digital readout and controls, and resets to average body temperature (I presume; down one from default is 98° and up one is 99°) when it's been shut off. Not only that, but there's also a recirculator that allows the water to be heated before it even comes out of the head or wand, with about three seconds of delay. It was a major selling point for my better half and I've come to appreciate it.

I won't say what temperature I eventually work up to other than that it's limited by the heater (duh) and the readout turns from green to orange at 105° and then to red at 110°.

I used to catch crap from her about shower temps but not even once in the twelve years we've been in this house.

Club? Yes. Shower? No.
Well darn, the opposite outcome of what I was thinking! :lol:

I'm most inclined to link it to body temperature as I previously indicated.

The shower in our master bedroom has a digital readout and controls, and resets to average body temperature (I presume; down one from default is 98° and up one is 99°) when it's been shut off. Not only that, but there's also a recirculator that allows the water to be heated before it even comes out of the head or wand, with about three seconds of delay. It was a major selling point for my better half and I've come to appreciate it.
The weird thing though is that I also don't mind hot showers on hot days either. Well, unless I'm already sweating my ass off, but other than that, it's hot showers 365 days a year.

That recirculator sounds nice, to be honest. All to often I'm standing outside of my shower for a good 30-60 seconds at 4A.M., freezing my ass off, waiting for the thing to warm up. It feels like forever some days. Hot showers on these cold days really are the best though, because not only does it feel good, but the steam also warms up the restroom as well so I don't immediately freeze as I'm drying off!

I won't say what temperature I eventually work up to other than that it's limited by the heater (duh) and the readout turns from green to orange at 105° and then to red at 110°.
I would imagine in the red :lol:

The weird thing though is that I also don't mind hot showers on hot days either.
That's actually what I was alluding to.

Now I'm no expert, so grain of salt and all that jazz, but I'm given to understand that the effects of a hot shower when it's hot out are three-fold: As your core temperature rises, blood flow is directed to the periphery in an attempt to dump some of that heat before it returns to the core with a reduced temperature (like a car radiator), as the temperature of your dermal layer rises, the temperature differential between it and that of fluid (liquid and gaseous) in contact with it decreases, tricking your brain into thinking the temperature you feel is lower (this is why you can gradually increase water temperature comfortably but a sudden increase is painful, but this can make it dangerous like the proverbial frog that boils to death), and this sensation lasts until the temperature of your dermal layer decreases, but then there's the pain aspect ("I'm only doing this because it feels so good when I stop.") and the body's response to pain and its efforts to suppress it (increased heart rate which leads to more blood flow to the skin, and increased respiratory rate and associated euphoria) that extend to general discomfort from those high ambient temperatures.

Of course there are risks involved, not only that of rosacea from the cleansing of beneficial oils in the skin and of course scalding, but increasing your core temperature too much and the negative implications associated with the aforementioned increased heart and respiratory rates, so I tend to limit the duration of those higher temperatures to the time it takes to wash my hands, after which the risks outweigh the rewards.

Another trick to enduring high ambient temperatures with less discomfort is consumption of hot beverages to increase your core temperature for the same blood flow response.

Is this for big things or small things? I guess I'll name one of each for now.

Small: Instant karma or justice, like when someone blows a stop sign or red light only to be pulled over seconds later.

Big: Its hard to pick only one so I guess I'll go with northeast big block modified racing. It's my 2nd favorite form of racing behind sprint cars in general. They sound great, look great, the action is a lot fun to watch and there's been some great drivers in them over the years. My local track even races them weekly.

• Girls
  • Cars
  • When I'm appreciated friend/others
  • When someone is interested in my opinion or asks me for advice and help.

• Slow motion footage
  • Space
  • Motorsport
  • Thunderstorms
  • Oreos
  • Video games
  • Sci-Fi
  • Robotics
  • Physics
  • Porsche flat-six engine note

Last edited:
Sweet heat--which is to say savory foods prepared with additives (rubs, glazes, sauces, etc) that provide heat and mild sweetness, such as honey-chipotle, mango-habanero or maple-cayenne.

- Frosting, which is why I usually go for the corner piece on a cake.
- Cookies, especially with milk.
- Speaking of, I do love milk. I either drink it on its own or mix it in with my coffee.

• Cake
  • Coffee
  • Fresh clothes
  • Dark chocolate
  • Comfy footwear
  • Alternative music
  • Being unconscious
  • Good science fiction
  • Seriously hot women
  • Cross country MTB rides
  • Having a 🤬, shower & shave

I let rip a huge bottom burp during the night and my guts were so relieved. I certainly love that feeling of relief.

• My daughter running to greet me with a cuddle when I get home from work.
  • The feeling of relief when there's only half an hour to go towards the end of my shift know that whatever goes wrong now doesn't really matter.
  • The feeling of relief driving home at the end of my 4 12 hour shifts ready for 4 days off.
  • The smell of loose tea brewing, specifically Lapsang Souchong.
  • The first sip of a beer.
  • The worn out feeling after a hard bike ride.
  • Playing any car games.
  • Watching any WRC round.
  • Watching any V8 supercar round.

Back