Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Not to be too crude or anything, but I find it annoying when people try to talk to me through the bathroom door when I'm inside. I mean, it won't take me very long to use it even if I'm just shaving my goatface of a mug, so unless it's something seriously important don't talk to me. It can most likely wait especially if I'm going to be home all day long, and especially if it's related to food. The last thing I want to talk about while in the bathroom is food.

Not to be too crude or anything, but I find it annoying when people try to talk to me through the bathroom door when I'm inside. I mean, it won't take me very long to use it even if I'm just shaving my goatface of a mug, so unless it's something seriously important don't talk to me. It can most likely wait especially if I'm going to be home all day long, and especially if it's related to food. The last thing I want to talk about while in the bathroom is food.

I feel ya. I was very sick feeling a couple months back and moved the rug away from the throne to prepare for the worst. In my time of agony, my mom decided to ask "so do you think we should get rid of that rug?" Yes mom, that's what's on my mind right now. Interior furnishing is very important at this moment.

I don’t know how you find Scottish accents easier than cockney but I do understand that cockney is hard to follow and is, like many regional dialects, quite different from ‘regular’ (not RP) English.

That’s perhaps the reason that I’ve lost my cockney accent over the last 10 years and now speak more like a news announcer than Derrick Trotter.

Oh, this reminds me of something:

I'm pretty sure a few people are gonna agree with me on this one.... Concert post spams on Snapchat stories. I think enough has been said already. :ill:

One thing that really annoys me is when actors/actresses portray people with alzheimers/dementia as obviously having some kind of thing not quite right with them. This isn't the case and annoys me. I appreciate it's acting, but bad acting.

This one might be exclusive to me but I'm often not very good at explaining things, which is annoying in itself, but it's worse if it's in an extremely important or tense situation. I tend to fumble over my words and mispronounce or misuse them, and a lot of times in doing so it results in mistakes being made by the other person which of course doesn't end very well for either of us. And even if I be as careful as possible to get things right it rarely if ever actually does go right.

Last edited:
Something at always annoys (and also scares) me in parking lots, General Motors cars that have that ridiculous parking light that comes on when a car is locked/unlocked. For those who don't know, the GM parking light is the reverse light coming on. Always makes me afraid the driver is about to back up (especially when you see the reverse lights on without the brake lights). What a terrible design that always freaks me out when driving or walking through a parking lot.
hw3559_4.2647.jpg

Why are politicians (I mean this in the broadest sense, as it seems to occur anytime someone needs to win over support to raise their station) pathologically incapable of answering questions as they're asked?

Question: "What do you plan to do about the flying purple elephant problem?"

Answer: "Flying purple elephants are the greatest threat to our way of life. Next question."

Why are politicians (I mean this in the broadest sense, as it seems to occur anytime someone needs to win over support to raise their station) pathologically incapable of answering questions as they're asked?

Question: "What do you plan to do about the flying purple elephant problem?"

Answer: "Flying purple elephants are the greatest threat to our way of life. Next question."

Can someone explain to me the trend of leaving names uncapitalized?
Is this is any situation you are talking about?

Let me explain a little.

I don't understand when people do not capitalize Proper names. Jordan Greer would not look right as jordan greer because we always see it properly capitalized. And I suppose when it is not capitalized it is because a lack of care or laziness. I went to school with a guy who never capitalized his name on his papers even through high school. Super annoying to me, but he literally did not care. The capitalized letter in front didn't make it signifigant to him.

The other situation I see lowercase letter are in usernames (such as my own). The reason I have mine lowercase is because I like the it looks. And if I'm being honest, I would like for it to stay in it's original form even when being referred to. If I was given photo credit in a GTP article, I would not like it to be incorrectly capitalized even though it is proper.

That's just my two cents. :D :lol:

If I was given photo credit in a GTP article, I would not like it to be incorrectly capitalized even though it is proper.
Not sure if this part of the quote covers this or not, but what if someone started a sentence with your name?

Not sure if this part of the quote covers this or not, but what if someone started a sentence with your name?
I would still like for it to be lowercase. Well, really I am kind of unsure. You got me. :lol:

If I had to choose, I would probably go with capitalize it for less confusion.

Is this is any situation you are talking about?
I don't expect capitalization of usernames since they are typically void of any spelling or grammatical conventions in the first place, but names for cars for example, annoy me probably more than it should.

I don't expect capitalization of usernames since they are typically void of any spelling or grammatical conventions in the first place, but names for cars for example, annoy me probably more than it should.
I do not know anything about that car. But if the official name of it had a lowercase letter in front of it would you still be bothered?

Uh, yes? Isn't that what I've been saying.
No you have not, you have stated proper nouns. Specifically involving car names. I was genuinely asking, not being sarcastic.

It tends to set me off rather quickly when people think they can tell me how to spend my money without me asking for their thoughts. It's my own money from my own bank account, and more times than not it's my own saved money if it's not given as a gift or reward for helping with something. Half the time I can understand where they're coming from, but if it's 100% my own money then they have no right to try to control me like a puppet about what I do with it if I don't ask for advice. Which I rarely if ever need to do.

No you have not, you have stated proper nouns. Specifically involving car names. I was genuinely asking, not being sarcastic.
What's the difference between an "official name" and a "proper noun"? I honestly can't follow what you're trying to ask.

It tends to set me off rather quickly when people think they can tell me how to spend my money without me asking for their thoughts. It's my own money from my own bank account, and more times than not it's my own saved money if it's not given as a gift or reward for helping with something. Half the time I can understand where they're coming from, but if it's 100% my own money then they have no right to try to control me like a puppet about what I do with it if I don't ask for advice. Which I rarely if ever need to do.

So -- you don't like advertising, then?

(for the record, neither do I)

Last edited:

Does it annoy you as much when you see words all in caps too?

What's the difference between an "official name" and a "proper noun"? I honestly can't follow what you're trying to ask.
Their is band named blink-182. Since they are a band, that makes their band name a proper noun. However, the band's name is not capitalized. That is how the official band name is. That's all I am getting at.
Official name = trade mark?
Maybe? Something like that.

So -- you don't like advertising, then?

(for the record, neither do I)
I wasn't referring to advertising although it definitely can be annoying, especially around this time of the year. What I was referring to was how some people I know tell me what to buy and what not to buy or I should save it or spend it after I've already decided myself like I need input. If I needed input I'd ask. :)

Back