Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
How gas can be $3.39 at one place yet 2 miles down there's one for $2.79
Or how they can be 2.59 Monday but 2.39 today :irked: I swear the prices go up every time I need to refill
The amount of effort that goes into pricing fuel boggles the mind. Price difference between locations that don't seem like they ought to be different locations, even when the stations have the same name, is largely dictated by traffic flow and interstate access. Price change over a seemingly inconsequential period of time is dictated by current events, weather, fuel prices (yeah...it's a vicious cycle) and speculation over what the barrel price might be because of all of these factors. It's nuts.

Flat-earthers. Not the belief that the earth is flat, but why talk about it has ramped up dramatically over the past couple years. Did I miss something?

Please don't frame the entire culture on what one person thinks, remember this is the unpopular opinion thread.

I'm not much of a anime watcher and even when I am it is mostly shonen anime or anime that is mostly inspired by the shonen style of writing, I hardly interact with the "girl anime". People can like what they like and not like what they not like. People shouldn't group anyone based on what they like or dislike.
I'm talking generally about how anime seems to be elsewhere on the world and on the Internet where it's vastly different from what I'm used to locally. The post that you quoted me is one of things that I never saw or heard before until I started going to foregin sites and communities.
I'm not trying to hate anyone who watches anime or read manga...etc, I just find things to be a bit weird for me and sometimes I don't understand the appeal of certain stuff. Mind you I have similar thoughts regarding stuff like an average western animation, some video game genre and their popularity, various cars among car enthusiasts, the way they treat certain topics...etc.

When you try to inform a group of hyped up fans that something isn't real and show them actual sources. Only to have them respond "Why can't you just be positive about it?" Be positive about what? Something that hasn't been officially announced yet or a render that is obviously fake? It's not worth "staying positive" to simply hope that what you want will become true.

The majority of my social media "friends" are in the drifting community (real life drifting) and they almost always fall for "the all new 2019 Nissan Silvia S16!" or "The new Forza Horizon 4 will let you drift the official Initial D AE86 around Mt. Akina!" I try to inform them and they just keep telling me to stop being so negative....

When people call crossovers or SUV's “trucks”. I own a Buick Rendezvous and I've come across many people that refer to any similar sized vehicle as a truck. I think of a truck as either a pickup truck or a semi truck (lorry).

When you try to inform a group of hyped up fans that something isn't real and show them actual sources. Only to have them respond "Why can't you just be positive about it?" Be positive about what? Something that hasn't been officially announced yet or a render that is obviously fake? It's not worth "staying positive" to simply hope that what you want will become true.

The majority of my social media "friends" are in the drifting community (real life drifting) and they almost always fall for "the all new 2019 Nissan Silvia S16!" or "The new Forza Horizon 4 will let you drift the official Initial D AE86 around Mt. Akina!" I try to inform them and they just keep telling me to stop being so negative....
I've always hated this too. It's such an easy defense against opposing ideas that in the end makes it look like you live in your own bubble.

This actually reminds me of something I have a peeve about. People who avoid negativity like the plague. I'm not saying being negative constantly is a good thing but negativity can be a good thing when used as a reflection to improve on something or when it is the truth that you have to come to. Then you have people who will constantly patrionize and go over any negative thought whatsoever just to try to make the mood as "positive" as possible.

This actually reminds me of something I have a peeve about. People who avoid negativity like the plague. I'm not saying being negative constantly is a good thing but negativity can be a good thing when used as a reflection to improve on something or when it is the truth that you have to come to. Then you have people who will constantly patrionize and go over any negative thought whatsoever just to try to make the mood as "positive" as possible.
I can relate to this so much. There is someone in my graphic design class who never ever says anything is wrong when we do critique. Constantly using "I love this" and "Really good" but hardly backing up those statements with why. Never actually "critiquing" the work.

The recent trend of tv and movies having to have this 1 part that sole purpose is to send a political message.

If the whole product was made with the message in mind then it can be great but recently, movies and tv that have 🤬 all do with politics will include 1 character or plot point that serves no purpose to the product and there to send a political message. Political pandering is even lower than nostalgia pandering, at least nostalgia pandering fits into the themes of the product.

When the person you're following decides to take a turn off the main road, and thinks that everyone around them is psychic.

8399877.jpg

When the person you're following decides to take a turn off the main road, and thinks that everyone around them is psychic.

8399877.jpg

Further to that... cars that turn the white light off to switch the indicator on. It's a growing trend with LED equipped vehicles and it boils my piss.

Still, at least they're indicating :)

My brain working faster than my hands. >>> When typing a post, I often forget to type words making my sentences difficult to understand.

Further to that... cars that turn the white light off to switch the indicator on. It's a growing trend with LED equipped vehicles and it boils my piss.

Still, at least they're indicating :)
I think that's because of federal regulations, at least in the United States, that is. Pretty sure it's about turn signals being a certain distance from DRLs. Either way, it doesn't make it okay.

When people continually eat food that they know full well makes them sick. I don't care how much you like whatever food it is, if it makes you sick every single time without fail then don't eat it. Especially if I have to hear someone being sick in the bathroom right next to my room when I'm trying to enjoy my free time let alone when I'm trying to sleep.

I do not get the rampaging impatience nowadays. Everything has to happen right freaking NOW no matter the cost, and if it does not then RAGE.

It really is the mindset of most people today. Example: There is a game in development which I have been following closely since its beginning, and recently the developers announced that they need more time ( + 6 months) to work out some issues at the same time promising that the game will also receive some polish and additional features. My reaction: oh bummer, but if it means the game will be less buggy and more polished I'm fine with it, I can wait a little longer.''.
The reaction of the majority of fans: (§#(&$%§"! Release it now or I will cancel my preorder! This is UNACCEPTABLE! Also death threats, lots of whining, rage-quits, spamming, people wanting to sue the company, everything spinning completely out of control. Its really crazy and quite shocking. Is it that hard to wait another 6 months for a better game? Sometimes it feels like people only have a couple months to life.

I do not get the rampaging impatience nowadays. Everything has to happen right freaking NOW no matter the cost, and if it does not then RAGE.

It really is the mindset of most people today. Example: There is a game in development which I have been following closely since its beginning, and recently the developers announced that they need more time ( + 6 months) to work out some issues at the same time promising that the game will also receive some polish and additional features. My reaction: oh bummer, but if it means the game will be less buggy and more polished I'm fine with it, I can wait a little longer.''.
The reaction of the majority of fans: (§#(&$%§"! Release it now or I will cancel my preorder! This is UNACCEPTABLE! Also death threats, lots of whining, rage-quits, spamming, people wanting to sue the company, everything spinning completely out of control. Its really crazy and quite shocking. Is it that hard to wait another 6 months for a better game? Sometimes it feels like people only have a couple months to life.
So true... I remember seeing that GTS has been delayed and I just smiled and then laughed. And then I looked at the comments which were as toxic as YouTube comments.

You have to bear in mind that some of those people don't mean it. They just say these things because they want to be/feel important. Most of them don't even mean what they say, they are "followers/hangers-on".

With colder weather, comes more people who are "too cold" to walk from the parking lot to the entrance of the store. Can't count how many times within the past couple weeks where people stop on the crosswalk, sidewalk, in the middle of the road, or even on the handicap ramp to let their passengers out near the entrance. (Or wait to pickup their passengers) The worst is when they do it right at the entrance of the parking lot, holding up people and causing traffic to stop.

Had this happen some time ago and caught it on the dashcam. At least she apologized....

It's fine if they're handicap or susceptible to the cold weather, but it's downright annoying when these able body people could just walk.

I also find this act quite annoying. Especially when the passageway for the cars is very narrow, making passing the stopped vehicle an unnecessary hassle.

The "don't knock it, unless you try it" argument.

It seems sound a little too much of a discussion killer for when you can't make any real arguments but still sound, with the only problem being that it contradicts the also existing "if you don't like don't _____"

My real issue is how common this is used and in much more annoying contexts. Where you can't even say you're not even interested in it.

I was talking about video games with this one person when another joined and randomly made a comment about Paper Mario: Sticker Star and other comments about Mario RPGs. I told him, I'm not interested in Mario RPGs and rather play others so I went to excuse myself since I couldn't add anything to the discussion, he then immediately went "have you played a Mario RPG before?" and leading up to the "don't knock it, unless you try it" I'm just like WHAT?! When did not interested in it become I hate it? I never said I hate the RPGs, just I don't have any interest in the games to play them.

and then again today, there is this event happening at a Nightclub in the city. I didn't want to go because again, it isn't something I have in interest in trying and the same comment was applied again "have you ever been to a Nightclub" and went down the same route with "don't knock it, unless you try it", and then went virtue signalling about he was doing it because he wanted to try it.

Now I can see why some people like have discussions with people online, sure there are more morons and the occasional troll but at the same time you can find some more intellectual people who have completely different experiences to have discussion about various topics without using cheap tactics to get out of them.

Cockney accent confuses and annoys me. As a non-native English speaker I have a lot of trouble to understand what people with this accent are saying. When they speak faster and say things like '' wa'er'', ''be'er' or '' 'eat'' instead of water, better and heat things get quickly confusing.

I have no troubles understanding the Scots, the Irish, the Aussies (they are the hardest of the bunch besides the Cockney accent), the NZ's, southern US rednecks etc. but oh boy, once I come across the cockney accent I'm quickly lost. :scared:

Cockney accent confuses and annoys me. As a non-native English speaker I have a lot of trouble to understand what people with this accent are saying. When they speak faster and say things like '' wa'er'', ''be'er' or '' 'eat'' instead of water, better and heat things get quickly confusing.

I have no troubles understanding the Scots, the Irish, the Aussies (they are the hardest of the bunch besides the Cockney accent), the NZ's, southern US rednecks etc. but oh boy, once I come across the cockney accent I'm quickly lost. :scared:

I don’t know how you find Scottish accents easier than cockney but I do understand that cockney is hard to follow and is, like many regional dialects, quite different from ‘regular’ (not RP) English.

That’s perhaps the reason that I’ve lost my cockney accent over the last 10 years and now speak more like a news announcer than Derrick Trotter.

I'm confused rather than annoyed about how selfish people can be.

About one hour ago, a woman got stuck with her Audi A3 on the ramp of a bridge. Her car was standing in the middle of the (lane) road with the hazard lights turned on. Every car driving on the same lane had problems getting on the ramp as well because they had to go around her car.

Nobody, not even one person stopped to ask if she needed help, so I dediced to stop and see if I could help her. She had no winter tires, only summer tires and it was like driving on ice with all the snow we are having the last two days. When I got there, she asked if I wanted to try to drive the car uphill. I asked if she was sure, because it is not my car. Got in, put the car in second gear, tried not to rev the motor too much, let go of the clutch very carefully and behold, it worked. Got the car on top of the bridge. When I got out, she came running towards her car, clapping her hands and yelling (kind of) how happy she was. Before she got in her car, I told her "put the car in second gear and not to rev the engine too much". I believe she didn't listen because when she wanted to continue her way, to car started pulling to the, I believe it was the left hand side, towards the other lane.

Strangest thing, when I was running (literally running) towards her, a car coming towards me almost stopped and the driver asked if I needed help. I said, "no, but she does" and he said something like "Okay" and drove off. It felt good that he wanted to help me.

Photos from my dashcam..

audi brug 1.jpg

audi brug 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back