Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
How gas can be $3.39 at one place yet 2 miles down there's one for $2.79

Maybe I'm missing the logistics but that doesn't make any sense :lol:
Or how they can be 2.59 Monday but 2.39 today :irked: I swear the prices go up every time I need to refill

Might be a weird comparison but it sounds a lot like the yugioh secondary market. Where the price is never stock and varies based on person who'll often decide by supply and demand.

Apart from on that occasion you described when there was a 20 cent reduction?
Yes, the prices fluctuate quite a bit here. Two weeks ago we were at 2.29ish for gas, which bounced up to somewhere in the 2.40s and back down to 2.39.

People that give you that awkward stare when they are suspicious you did something and then assume you're guilty because your smiling.
This has annoyed me since I was a child and it still annoys me to this day. I could name a lot of situations. For example, I can remember my cousin did this to me once long ago after one of his old cap guns went off due to vibrations despite no one pulling the trigger. He did that stare and then assumed I had pulled the trigger simply because I smiled, when in reality I never did.... :rolleyes:

Seriously, stop this crap! :grumpy: It's really not a good way to know if someone is guilty of something or not. How do you know if they are not just easy to amuse?! The thing about me is I am an easy person to amuse and guilty or not I still smile if someone looks at me that way no matter what. Heck, you could just walk into a room and stare at me like that without saying a word and i'll still do it. Again, it's really not a good way to know if someone is guilty of something or not....

Last edited:
I find it annoying when waiters at restaurants don't take your deadly food allergies seriously.

I find it annoying when waiters at restaurants don't take your deadly food allergies seriously.

I know that feeling all too much. I'm not allergic myself, but my brother is to shellfish. Really doesn't help that we're Vietnamese, but live in Maine. (Living in a state known for lobster and having family who loves seafood) Almost any family gathering will involve shellfish, and the worst part is that they don't consider him and use the shellfish contaminated utensils on the food without shellfish. Rendering almost anything unedible.

I'm annoyed by people who disrespect property that isn't theirs.
(Definitely private property, but for this, I'm talking about rentals) Who then go online to brag about it and tell those who don't like it, that the people who have to clean up after them that it's "their job."

Been seeing a post circulating Facebook where someone's bragging about taking a rental truck "mudding." Then laughing it off and saying it's not their problem. Seeing people comment things like "Pffft, it's their job to clean it!" or "You crybabies who work for the rental company should be happy to get more work!"

Try being the person who has to clean up after you.... Respect the property, even if it's "just a rental." Even if you don't like the company you're dealing with, because it's not the executives having to clean up after your mess. It's the hard working employee who gets kicked around by the executives. I've learned that myself after working in the detailing department at a dealership and it annoys me how people think it's okay to make someone else's life a living hell. They don't have to clean just the one car you destroyed, but everyone else who thought the same as you. Try telling that to the janitor of the public restroom you made a mess of... I can only assume you're the :censored:head who has everyone clean up after you.

I've used a rental car once. A crappy Hyundai Accent, but I still treated it like it was my own.... It's not hard to be respectful.

Last edited:
Dear co-worker,

Don't send me a Skype message asking me if I saw the email you sent 3 minutes ago. It's kind of hard to miss seeing as I always have Outlook open on one monitor and there's a pop-up whenever a new email shows up. Obviously I just haven't had a chance to send a reply yet but due to your impatience, I'm going to wait another *insert arbitrary amount time here* before I reply.

Only to have them walk into my office asking about it.

IT'S NOT THAT DAMN IMPORTANT.

Thank you,

TB

TB
Dear co-worker,

Don't send me a Skype message asking me if I saw the email you sent 3 minutes ago. It's kind of hard to miss seeing as I always have Outlook open on one monitor and there's a pop-up whenever a new email shows up. Obviously I just haven't had a chance to send a reply yet but due to your impatience, I'm going to wait another *insert arbitrary amount time here* before I reply.

Only to have them walk into my office asking about it.

IT'S NOT THAT DAMN IMPORTANT.

Thank you,

TB
That's just crazy. One of my co-workers will come to my desk to ask me if I had received the email she just sent every single time she sends an email. Like, lady, set a read receipt or give me reasonable time to reply.

Annoying = honey. :ouch:

The food, not a girl friend.

When using honey, I'm always having honey all over my fingers. And this sticky stuff gets everywhere while I'm eating. I'm having that sticky problem right now (having some honey in my mixture of nuts, seeds, almond milk, cacao powder, raisings) and that's the reason for this post.

Immature or suggestive humor....when used almost constantly. It's annoying as 🤬 when you're just trying to say something and the other person's response is to snicker or laugh at something that isn't that funny. Like saying "The legs on the tripod I'm looking at are pretty long" and all they do is go "PFFFFFTTT!! You said long!! HAHAHAHA!" (Not a great example)

Yes, immature humor can be funny. But when almost anything said is considered "suggestive" they find it hilarious, it's downright tiring.

The use of commas and periods in decimal separators or thousand separators has always been confusing in some cases.

People on Youtube that don't upload the correct versions of songs from video games.
I admit, I am a bit anal about this. I used to search for songs from games all the time and I like to have the exact versions of songs used in a game. Finding them however can be a pain sometimes. Like for example if you search "Need for Speed Underground Get Low", most of them are the explicit version of the song, which is NOT what is used in the game. Another example is NFS2015SoundtrackBackup doesn't even have a console or PC to run the game (He told me), yet has the whole soundtrack to the game on his channel and some of the songs are either explicit or simply not the correct version used in the game. If any of them are correct that's only because they didn't change anything about the song when adding it to the game.

How I feel about it is if you're going to upload songs from a game and call it something like "NFS Underground OST" or "NFS Underground Official Soundtrack" and then not even upload what is used in the game, then don't bother. If I didn't have the game, couldn't rip the songs from the game or couldn't record them, what would I do? I. Just. Don't. Do. It! :grumpy:

People who pronounce "Mk" as "M-K" instead of "Mark". I'm guessing it's simply out of ignorance but it still annoys me.

People who pronounce "Mk" as "M-K" instead of "Mark". I'm guessing it's simply out of ignorance but it still annoys me.
I use both, but "Mark" is the right one.

Mark-14, MK-14. Not too picky though.

Sorry Anime fans, but I have to say this:

I understand that you love Animes. I quite like some of it too. But living with them and don't care about the world is just simply wrong.
My friend loves animes, and he doesn't want a girlfriend, because:
"Why? I have a waifu!"

Come on man, it's not the liking of the Disney movies what makes you childish, it's that animes suck you in and you don't care about EXISTING GIRLS.

This is what really annoys me.

People who feel the need to touch anything they walk by. The types who run their hands down a wall, shelf, row of plants, etc. Like walking through a store and hitting every single wind chime.... Or running their hand along other people's cars while walking through a parking lot.

People who feel the need to touch anything they walk by. The types who run their hands down a wall, shelf, row of plants, etc. Like walking through a store and hitting every single wind chime.... Or running their hand along other people's cars while walking through a parking lot.
So you're telling me that it's completely unusual to taste-test all of the sweets I like the look of inside the store? Well, colour me something-or-anothered.

So you're telling me that it's completely unusual to taste-test all of the sweets I like the look of inside the store? Well, colour me something-or-anothered.

I wasn't talking about taste.... I was talking about people who run their hands along a wall, fence, bars, or a shelf of items. (Especially to just make noise)

Something like this...but instead wind chimes in a store.
4.jpg

I wasn't talking about taste.... I was talking about people who run their hands along a wall, fence, bars, or a shelf of items. (Especially to just make noise)

Something like this...but instead wind chimes in a store.
4.jpg
Yeah - that's annoying. That and kids playing about.

Oh, in that case neuro-typicals annoy the hell out of me :)

Sometimes when I in a waiting room and I'm tired, I can't stand that people make annoying noises or talking to eachother really loud, just like everybody has to hear what they have to say or a little child running around yelling, laughing. A crying baby.

Only when I'm tired and have been waiting a long time (45 minutes and longer) I get fed up with these situations. It is actually more than annoyance.

People on Youtube that don't upload the correct versions of songs from video games.
I admit, I am a bit anal about this. I used to search for songs from games all the time and I like to have the exact versions of songs used in a game. Finding them however can be a pain sometimes. Like for example if you search "Need for Speed Underground Get Low", most of them are the explicit version of the song, which is NOT what is used in the game. Another example is NFS2015SoundtrackBackup doesn't even have a console or PC to run the game (He told me), yet has the whole soundtrack to the game on his channel and some of the songs are either explicit or simply not the correct version used in the game. If any of them are correct that's only because they didn't change anything about the song when adding it to the game.

How I feel about it is if you're going to upload songs from a game and call it something like "NFS Underground OST" or "NFS Underground Official Soundtrack" and then not even upload what is used in the game, then don't bother. If I didn't have the game, couldn't rip the songs from the game or couldn't record them, what would I do? I. Just. Don't. Do. It! :grumpy:
Glad I'm not the only one here.

Sorry Anime fans, but I have to say this:

I understand that you love Animes. I quite like some of it too. But living with them and don't care about the world is just simply wrong.
My friend loves animes, and he doesn't want a girlfriend, because:
"Why? I have a waifu!"

Come on man, it's not the liking of the Disney movies what makes you childish, it's that animes suck you in and you don't care about EXISTING GIRLS.

This is what really annoys me.
They can't be serious, is this how people in the west (and east?) think of when they hear the word "anime"? Like do anime just stand for "insert cute female character" in the eyes of non anime fans? It's just one of those things I can't warp my head around.

Anime/manga popularity over here in the middle east existed for couple of decades and most of us grew up with them but this is one of the stuff I barely ever see over here even by today. We have a fair share of those annoying people who often poorly quote lines in japanese and also wish if he could go to japan but we never had people going "oh this is my waifu" and "oh your girl is trash" type.

It also seems that anime is a love-hate kind of show where people ether love you or hate you for watching one, at least that's what I'm getting from the Internet. Over here, people who don't like anime are mostly those who thinks that "it's for kids" in the same way he thinks about video games.

This entire thing made me even more curious about trying to explore and find a series that's completely different from the usual mainstream action type that most people seems to watch.
Sadly I ended up falling in love with what could be described by locals as a show for young girls. It doesnt involve heavy action or way too serious story. I still somewhat regret doing that and I feel embarrassed by it. Why I'm watching a "bunch of teenage females at school that are totally not lesbians"? I'm questioning my manhood right now.

Sorry for the off topic but I'm a bit pisses off and confused right now.

They can't be serious, is this how people in the west (and east?) think of when they hear the word "anime"? Like do anime just stand for "insert cute female character" in the eyes of non anime fans? It's just one of those things I can't warp my head around.
Please don't frame the entire culture on what one person thinks, remember this is the unpopular opinion thread.

I'm not much of a anime watcher and even when I am it is mostly shonen anime or anime that is mostly inspired by the shonen style of writing, I hardly interact with the "girl anime". People can like what they like and not like what they not like. People shouldn't group anyone based on what they like or dislike.

A lot of people confuse me, I'm terrible at reading people and I just never have any idea what they really want from me at all, if they want something from me. I can't read between the lines, I tend to accidentally insult people and often cannot follow peoples thought processes and emotions, which I find quite random and absurd a lot of times.

Back