Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Their is band named blink-182. Since they are a band, that makes their band name a proper noun. However, the band's name is not capitalized. That is how the official band name is. That's all I am getting at.
Ok. So my example had a car name, "smart fortwo", and it was uncapitalized. I don't how much clearer it can get. It's a name, and it's uncapitalized.

but names for cars for example, annoy me probably more than it should.

Here's something I'm truly blown away by. If I have or want to be up at a certain time the next day, I can never fall asleep the night before. Even if there's not really anything keeping me up like my thoughts or noise or whatever. It happens every single time without fail and it seriously confuses and annoys the living 🤬 out of me.

When in the Summer (I swear this never happens when it's Cold), when you get up quickly, your brain gets too fuzzy and you have to sit down again and get up slowly.

I just want to know, why?

When in the Summer (I swear this never happens when it's Cold), when you get up quickly, your brain gets too fuzzy and you have to sit down again and get up slowly.

I just want to know, why?

Low blood pressure due to blood pooling in your lower body usually .

Oh gosh....

Those people who can't put down their phone while driving, especially posting on Snapchat. And don't even get me started on those who do it in heavy snow with every inch of the road covered or some other form of bad weather. I'm gonna stop here because I can see myself going on a pretty long rant about this.

It's annoying when someone's alarm goes off and they don't get up to shut it off.

I wake up very easily to alarms or any sort of loud noise. :grumpy:

I don't understand the mindset that lends to posting jaw-droppingly hateful things in YouTube video comment sections. To be fair, I was advised to avoid looking, but it's like seeing a button with a "Do Not Touch" sign above it--you just can't help but press it.

But back to the topic; is it simply a matter of not knowing the individual at which these remarks are directed? Is it boredom?

People on phones in public transport.

Now this isn't something I would want to stop because it would be more of a crime to stop it, but it turns my public transport into a really annoying experiences.

Not only do some people sound much more louder on their phone, but since you can't hear anything from the other end. It's just these loud outbursts of speech. "YEAH...... OH, OK YES I WILL BE GOING... HAHAHA, AH ALRIGHT.... YEAH... YEAH...". At least with loud conversations in person you can hear both so you don't get these jolts of speech.

Also when people say they're going to hang up on their phone but don't for another 30 minutes.

People on phones in public transport.

Now this isn't something I would want to stop because it would be more of a crime to stop it, but it turns my public transport into a really annoying experiences.

Not only do some people sound much more louder on their phone, but since you can't hear anything from the other end. It's just these loud outbursts of speech. "YEAH...... OH, OK YES I WILL BE GOING... HAHAHA, AH ALRIGHT.... YEAH... YEAH...". At least with loud conversations in person you can hear both so you don't get these jolts of speech.

Also when people say they're going to hang up on their phone but don't for another 30 minutes.

I would rather only hear one side of the conversation over them using the loudspeaker. I’m always tempted to just walk up to someone doing it and randomly jump into the conversation.

I would rather only hear one side of the conversation over them using the loudspeaker. I’m always tempted to just walk up to someone doing it and randomly jump into the conversation.
I'm more fine with loudspeeker, I still find it annoying but not as annoying, because the entire conversation is usually more fluid. I can't stand a cycle of noise and then silence, especially when it is inconsistent.

When somebody acts like a tough guy in a group/gang, but when you approach them face to face they`re different. Then when one of their friends appears they start showing off again, and them being immature about it in front of their friend to look "cool". Most annoying thing ever, in my opinion.

A late reply to this one, but it's not only for your own friends, but random people as well... I've grown a pure hatred for places with large crowds (mainly malls and amusement parks), because there will always be that one idiot who thinks it'll be funny to make fun of a random passerby in front of his friends. So many times I've walked through the mall and had some idiot get in my face and scream at me, then run back to his friends all giggling about it. Almost makes me wish he'd do that to someone willing enough to punch them in the face....

Same goes for "drive-by" screaming. Screaming profanities or random things to get a reaction out of someone, but of course, they're in a car, so the repercussions are easily avoidable by speeding off. Try doing that crap to someone's face, when you're not speeding off in your car with friends.

Same goes for "drive-by" screaming. Screaming profanities or random things to get a reaction out of someone, but of course, they're in a car, so the repercussions are easily avoidable by speeding off.
It's never in particularly nice cars either, is it? Just this past Wednesday I was on the bike and a guy (maybe ten years younger than me--grow up) in an unbelievably ratty--we're talking not all cylinders firing, peeling paint and black garbage bag quarter windows--Rav4 shouts "get a car." Funny thing is I was on the Colnago and wouldn't be surprised if it's worth ten times what that Toyota was. Also worth noting he couldn't actually speed away.

When a store doesn't have prices on everything so you have to ask someone for the price. I often times feel bad about asking for a price because if I have to pass on whatever product it is due to budget limitations or if it can wait until another day, I feel like I'm doing the business and whatever employee I'm talking with a big disservice. Of course this usually only happens with local and one-off businesses so you're very likely to meet the same person or people every time you're in the store which doesn't help.

People who clean snow of their car/truck, but knowingly avoid cleaning off the snow covering their license plate. Driving home tonight getting cut off and having close calls with people who are driving like 🤬, but have their plate covered enough by snow you can't see it.... (But they took the time to clean off everywhere else.)

People who clean snow of their car/truck, but knowingly avoid cleaning off the snow covering their license plate. Driving home tonight getting cut off and having close calls with people who are driving like 🤬, but have their plate covered enough by snow you can't see it.... (But they took the time to clean off everywhere else.)

I used to do the same thing with dirt on my motorcycle. Clean everything but the plate, not that it mattered much where I was living at the time.

People behind me that honk when I stop to let a pedestrian cross the road who already started crossing before I was close. Also when I'm a pedestrian and people get mad at me for not crossing when they've stopped to let me cross. One, not only is it a common courtesy to the person crossing the street, it's also a law to stop for them when they're crossing. Two, if it's not safe for me to cross in both directions I won't cross because I am absolutely not risking being in the middle of the road when there's traffic coming my way. I'd prefer not to get hit let alone get hit and killed especially with distracted drivers being so prevalent where I live.

People behind me that honk when I stop to let a pedestrian cross the road who already started crossing before I was close. Also when I'm a pedestrian and people get mad at me for not crossing when they've stopped to let me cross. One, not only is it a common courtesy to the person crossing the street, it's also a law to stop for them when they're crossing. Two, if it's not safe for me to cross in both directions I won't cross because I am absolutely not risking being in the middle of the road when there's traffic coming my way. I'd prefer not to get hit let alone get hit and killed especially with distracted drivers being so prevalent where I live.
Honking has become far too reflexive. My first two cars didn't have functional horns and not once did I feel I needed it. I'd even argue that it needs to not be quite so to hand--put it by the charging receptacle (cigarette lighter).

I'm also inclined to wave motorists by (unless there's a significant queue for a dedicated turn lane) because the average motorist can clear the way for the average pedestrian much quicker than the inverse. If I've waved a motorist by and they continue to suggest I pass first, I acknowledge the kindness with a nod and a [different] wave as I cross in front of them.

Oh gosh....

Those people who can't put down their phone while driving, especially posting on Snapchat. And don't even get me started on those who do it in heavy snow with every inch of the road covered or some other form of bad weather. I'm gonna stop here because I can see myself going on a pretty long rant about this.
I'll go one further...
Tailgaters...especially the ones I encounter here in North Carolina at 4:00 a.m when nobody else is on the road.
I guess it's just too difficult to put a turn signal on and move to the next lane.
The phone thing is especially bad here as well. No hands-free law.

When certain products become outdated or succeeded in a short span of time.
Nerf has been doing this with the Rival line lately because just when I think I got the best thing ever, they come out with something even better shortly after. Like I got the Rival Khaos for Christmas in 2016 (Which only was a few months old at the time), then I heard about the Nemesis shortly after and was kind of gutted afterwards. Then I get the Nemesis about roughly 9 months later and now they have the Prometheus coming this fall which is a lot like it, but apparently does things even better than before.

I have nothing against companies making progress, but Nerf seems to be succeeding their own products in the Rival line in just a years time which I think is a bit short. In the past, Nerf came out with the Maverick in 2005, the Recon came in 2008, the Raider came in 2009 and none of them saw true successors until at least 2013. That said, a year or less is a bit of a short time for them. I kind of have similar feelings towards the PS4 Pro as well, especially since it came out a year after I got my PS4. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else.

In the UK in 2017 there were 6,000 drivers charged with a speeding offence every day; over 2 million for the year, an increase of 30% over the last 5 years. So either we're all criminal scumbags, or something else is going on.

The speed limit has remained the same since 1965.
Think of the suspension, chassis, tyre, differential, tcs advances that have happened since then, not to mention brakes, crumple zones, crash tests, NCAP, etc; everything has improved dramatically and cars are demonstrably far safer than they were 10 years ago, let alone half a century!

We've even had government schemes to scrap older (less safe) vehicles & encourage uptake of newer models, yet we're seeing speed limits lowered, not increased...

There's no logic to it; a farm track barely wide enough for one car, zero visibility, ditches either side, not even tarmac can be legally driven at 60mph, no worries, yet increasingly temporary restrictions of 50mph are being enforced on dual carriageways & motorways... for seemingly no reason.

Speed limits both confuse and annoy the living **** out of me, but not as much as the fact that it's almost impossible to raise this taboo subject :P

There's no logic to it
Sure there is.

Speed limits are usually set to attempt to cap road traffic speed; there are several reasons for wanting to do this. It is often done with an intention to improve road traffic safety and reduce the number of road traffic casualties from traffic collisions. In their World report on road traffic injury prevention report, the World Health Organization (WHO) identify speed control as one of various interventions likely to contribute to a reduction in road casualties. (The WHO estimated that some 1.2 million people were killed and 50 million injured on the roads around the world in 2004.) Speed limits may also be set in an attempt to reduce the environmental impact of road traffic (vehicle noise, vibration, emissions) and to satisfy local community wishes for streets usable by people out of cars. Some cities have reduced limits to as little as 30 km/h (19 mph) for both safety and efficiency reasons. However, it has also been shown that in some circumstances changing a speed limit has little effect on the average speed of cars.
As stated above, it isn't solely about what vehicles are capable of doing and/or withstanding (in the event of collision).

Higher speeds reduce the available time to react to a particular situation, they require more from the powertrain as rolling and wind resistance increase due to increased velocity, resulting in reduced fuel economy and increased emissions, and the increase in resistance creates an increase in noise even if the vehicle's mechanicals don't generate more noise, say, thanks to adjusted gearing to allow for increased velocity at the same rotational speed.

Road vehicles don't operate in a figurative or literal vacuum.

Last edited:
When certain products become outdated or succeeded in a short span of time.
Nerf has been doing this with the Rival line lately because just when I think I got the best thing ever, they come out with something even better shortly after. Like I got the Rival Khaos for Christmas in 2016 (Which only was a few months old at the time), then I heard about the Nemesis shortly after and was kind of gutted afterwards. Then I get the Nemesis about roughly 9 months later and now they have the Prometheus coming this fall which is a lot like it, but apparently does things even better than before.

I have nothing against companies making progress, but Nerf seems to be succeeding their own products in the Rival line in just a years time which I think is a bit short. In the past, Nerf came out with the Maverick in 2005, the Recon came in 2008, the Raider came in 2009 and none of them saw true successors until at least 2013. That said, a year or less is a bit of a short time for them. I kind of have similar feelings towards the PS4 Pro as well, especially since it came out a year after I got my PS4. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else.

Welcome to capitalism/ consumerism at its finest.

They make, you want, you buy, rinse and repeat.

Welcome to capitalism/ consumerism at its finest.

They make, you want, you buy, rinse and repeat.
Yes and it doesn't help that these products are pretty darn expensive too. One of them is going to be $200 when it's predecessor was $100 and who knows what the next one will be after that... Considering these Rival products are intended for ages 14 and up, somehow it makes me wonder if that has something to do with it considering the other lines don't do it and they're intended for a younger audience. (I doubt it though)

Last edited:
Simply confused by stores that have sales that are seemingly pointless like these two below. If you're gonna have a sale and the sale and original prices are this close together, why even have it in the first place? :boggled:

Screenshot_20180125-231903.pngScreenshot_20180125-231847.png

Simply confused by stores that have sales that are seemingly pointless like these two below. If you're gonna have a sale and the sale and original prices are this close together, why even have it in the first place? :boggled:

View attachment 709255View attachment 709257

Maybe they can dodge tax by selling below a certain dollar point.

I heard (in Britain at least) a product of £6.99 will be taxed on the whole pounds meaning the .99 isn’t taxable. Or something like that.

- In their World report on road traffic injury prevention report, the World Health Organization (WHO) identify speed control as one of... various interventions likely to contribute to a reduction in road casualties. (The WHO estimated that some 1.2 million people were killed and 50 million injured on the roads around the world in 2004.)

That's good to know, but I was careful to make it clear I was specifically making the argument for drivers in the UK; I don't doubt that speed control would help prevent injury in Delhi or Cambodia, but they don't have the same roads as we do and nor has their government ran schemes to encourage uptake of modern cars.
Road injuries killed 1.3 million people worldwide in 2015 according to the WHO, in the UK the figure for that year was 1775. That should put your initially quoted figure into perspective.

- Speed limits may also be set in an attempt to reduce the environmental impact of road traffic.
I was mainly ranting about main roads, dual carriageway or motorway; to build either needs rigorous planning, council meetings, etc, and often these are built to help reduce emissions & traffic volume in CBD or built-up areas (ring roads, bypasses, etc) and have to be built within certain parameters already anyway (again, in the UK, at least) - so planning has already ensured traffic noise isn't an issue, and in fact Road Safety experts in the UK have advised that raising the speed limit on UK motorways to 80mph would help ease traffic without posing an increased risk to safety.

I don't buy the reaction time argument either - if you can't react in time or correctly judge another vehicle's speed, arguably you can't drive very well. Raising driving standards with a harder or tiered test wouldn't be a bad idea, were safety truly the concern.

The only logic behind it is revenue generation. You can't logically defend the fact that you can legally travel 60mph on this road and many like it:

and increasingly only 50mph on motorways such as this one:

But go ahead and defend it anyway, I'm fully aware I'm not making a popular argument :)

Despite I'm 15, I this s****y de wae/wey meme. It's just plain stupid. A couple weeks later VRchat will become boring and people who played it before will say: "That's a **** game." Same with PUBG. It will lose players soon.

Not to be too crude or anything, but I find it annoying when people try to talk to me through the bathroom door when I'm inside. I mean, it won't take me very long to use it even if I'm just shaving my goatface of a mug, so unless it's something seriously important don't talk to me. It can most likely wait especially if I'm going to be home all day long, and especially if it's related to food. The last thing I want to talk about while in the bathroom is food.
Or when they ask what you're doing in there....
I can't stand it when people ask that.

View attachment 709255View attachment 709257
I do agree, however it could be worse. I know Toys R Us has a RC Nerf tank called the Terrascout that's a $200 item, but surprise surprise they inflate the price to $250 and then put it on sale for $220. (Which again it's a $200 item) And then they wonder why they're in bankruptcy....

Back