Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Kit-Kats confuse me.

There’s a rumour (factoid, I’d guess) that the filling in Kit-Kats is crushed Kit-Kat.

Can’t be possible. Stupid thing for somebody to say.

This confuses me.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Same vendor I presume? The smaller volume beverage is more convenient, and convenience doesn't come cheap.

In the same vein as price difference between different volumes of the same product, ages ago I saw a 5-pound bag of sugar* listed as just ten cents more than a 4-bound bag of the same brand, and it was clear that some had purchased the 4-pounders because they were "cheaper." Mind you this was long before it became conventional to list price-by-volume.

*Edit: Somehow managed to spell it with an "e" rather than an "a"...good grief.

Last edited:
Buying in bulk is usually cheaper more often than not. It's why Costco has grown so much in the U.S. for non-business shopping.

So this is me trying to be a grumpy old man:
  • Xbox One can be confusing and annoying such as trying to find stuff and taking so long to do stuff.
  • iOS file structure and way it handles email attachments.
  • Android - The way it handles volume, understand it is better in Marshmallow though. Also laggy inferior feeling of OS and apps compared to say iOS and BB10.
  • BB10 lack of developer support is annoying. Finally decided to login to Facebook app for first time on phone recently and it so happens it needed an update. An update that removes all the functionality. :banghead:
  • Windows 10 update prompt.
  • People who are 🤬 to others.
  • Duck face & fish gape selfies.
  • When you can't remember what you need to remember before it's too late.
  • When on phone queue for a long time and then call disconnects. Once through being passed on department to department involving repeating yourself like a million times with nothing being resolved.
  • When sending a message, you realise a mistake but it's too late.
I was only guy in my Psychology class in college, quite amazing how much they talked bitched about men. :lol:

I'm so sick of women saying : "Where have all the good men gone?"

I hear it all the time. :confused:

Another thing I hear a lot is when you like her she says : "I want someone like you but not you and how do I find someone like you?" :confused:

She is not going to find someone like me because someone like me would spend more time on a Playstation than going out and meeting new people.

I'm so sick of women saying : "Where have all the good men gone?"

Most of them have married good women lol.

Really though, I think most women aren’t sure what they want and therefore will never find a “good” man because their standards are too high. After all, we’re just men.

I don't understand what is a good man for a woman. Girls nowadays has 10 years older boyfriends than them, and those "men" are/were totally bad (F) students.

I don't understand what is a good man for a woman. Girls nowadays has 10 years older boyfriends than them, and those "men" are/were totally bad (F) students.

I don't know but will guess a good man to a woman is a man who makes more money than her and is taller than her and reasonable looking and is considered bad but women would never say things like this instead they will ask you "What do you do for a living?" (Then she has some idea of your wage.)
Just a theory.....

(I was not saying anything wrong with been bad)

Last edited:
and those "men" are/were totally bad (F) students.

Girls love bad boys. They grow out of it once they realise that most men don’t properly mature (mentally) until much later than women.

I had a lot of girlfriends in my school days and it wasn’t because I was a handsome devil, it’s because I was a rebel and a bit wild. That excites a lot of girls but like I said, they grow up and want a sensible man once their youth wears off (usually).

Most of us still don’t properly understand women, but the closer you get to it the more you realise they are a different species from men, in the nicest way, of course. If women ruled the entire world there’d be a lot less war and a lot more handbag sales.

When you're trying to talk to someone and they start talking to someone else.
I have a friend at college and she means well, but gosh she does it so much it is hard to talk to her at times. She's not the worst though, I eventually get to say what I want say to her. My cousin on the other hand, I have known him my whole life and he does this nearly every time I try to talk to him. What's worse is sometimes because of this, I have to wait a whole week before I get to finish what I was saying to him since I usually only see him once a week.

Now if it's something important and/or the person is talking too much, I can justify that and maybe a few others, but if it's not and I have barely started talking that's when it gets annoying. Like, I'm trying to talk to you, the least you can do is shut up and listen!

Last edited:
The surprised expression when people discover a snack tastes like the flavour specified on the packaging.

Sometimes this can be coupled with the question "Ooh, what does that taste like?"

:odd:

If it says cinnamon flavour (for example), then it will taste like cinnamon. Not banana.... or BBQ rib.

The surprised expression when people discover a snack tastes like the flavour specified on the packaging.
For some snacks, that would surprise me because the flavoring is normally just a chemical taste that might vaguely call to mind the specified flavor if you're lucky. Or, in the case of sweet things, it may be more accurate to say something is "red flavored" or "blue flavored" instead of really tasting like strawberry or grape.

I can't stand flavored potato chips and it boggles me to see some of the (supposed) flavors Lay's has dusted them with.

I can't stand flavored potato chips and it boggles me to see some of the (supposed) flavors Lay's has dusted them with.
I used to go ape-🤬 over salt-and-vinegar kettle chips. Now my blood pressure spikes when I see a commercial for potato chips.

Some of the flavours they’ve had or currently have here are divine. Italian cheese, English cheddar cheese, ham and bacon (my current favourites), spicy cheese, ham cheese sandwich...I have to limit myself to a single tiny pack a day or I’d have a some serious health issues from binge eating them.

4-door coupes in a crossover format. Why on Earth is that even a real thing?
:lol:

Not only is it funny because you addressed what I'd just said (and in my color, no less), but also because...well...

*cough*

...I've been driving one (an Acura ZDX) for the last six years.

Last edited:

Not only is it funny because you addressed what I'd just said (and in my color, no less), but also because...well...

*cough*

...I've been driving one (an Acura ZDX) for the last six years.

Maybe you can help me understand the appeal of these then. I guess I've just started to notice these turn up (Toyota C-HR, Honda HR-V...) more often. It sort of annoys me that manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes use "4-door coupé" for their crossover cars that clearly have 4 doors, each with door handles; not even trying to conceal the door handles to make it pass even a little bit at being a coupé, like the ZDX and aforementioned cars do.

Maybe you can help me understand the appeal of these then.
I can't speak for anyone else, particularly in the case of the ZDX because it was never a big seller (but hey, I've never parked next to another).

As for me regarding the Acura, though, I was intrigued by the styling, and then I got to drive one at one of those autoshow-on-wheels deals. Cozy (not to be confused with "cramped") on the inside like a medium-sized sedan but with a commanding view of the road. Plus the handling is better than it has any right being.

not even trying to conceal the door handles to make it pass even a little bit at being a coupé, like the ZDX and aforementioned cars do.
That's actually one thing that I don't like, but there's a kink in the body crease at the haunches that would likely foul a handle, so in the quarter window area is a logical place for it. I'd be bothered having it blocking my view to the side in the backseat, but the low ceiling is the greater concern.

I can't stand when people say Ferrari 458 like it's one number. Four-fifty eight. No! It's Four. Five. Eight. Get it right.

Back