Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
You know, I came to this thread because I thought someone annoyed me, but then I realised I don't actually care. I was annoyed about a guy who's property I'm working on at the moment because he was being genuinely unreasonable. But, really I have no reason to get annoyed about it. There's no point getting caught up by someone who is unreasonable, and unwilling to find out why.

That is the development of wisdom. Props to you for not sweating the small things.

Small talk. Especially about the weather.

Without weather small talk half of Britain wouldn’t be able to start a conversation.

I never understood people who make the absolute biggest deal out of the absolute smallest things. I was at the racetrack last night with family and we all had reserved seating and tickets. A group of people that had general admission tickets and therefore general admission seating took some of our seats despite signs being posted everywhere among the grandstands indicating the difference (which is seat color). We had to move their blanket that they laid down and not long after, the other group showed up and instantly got angry. After everyone I was with had to show them our tickets to prove to them that the seats were rightfully ours, they sat down not too far from us and started complaining loud enough for us to hear. 15 minutes later they were still complaining but decide to move and continue to act like idiots toward us on their way by. If it wasn't for the fact that I had a video camera in my hand (but not recording) and my 10 year old nephew sitting beside me the other group probably would've been a lot less civil than they were considering the amount of anger they had. Then a minute or two later I happened to look over and see one of them talking to a security officer and pointing right at us. The officer then had the whole group show him their tickets and sure enough, they all had a general admission ticket which looks completely different from the reserved tickets, and of course there was nothing that the officer could do about the seating and tickets.

I mean seriously. The general and reserved tickets look completely different and the seats for each are two completely different colors, there are signs posted everywhere in the stands and under them in the walkways that tell you which is which, and on top of that there are hundreds borderline thousands of other seats throughout the grandstands that you can sit in, perhaps with a better view than you already had. Don't get mad at and put the blame on us when it's your fault and your fault only that you lost your seats because you didn't read the signs. :rolleyes:

Now that's just confusing :confused:. I can understand if you both had general admission and you just took their spot with no reason, but it's a battle that you already lost when you try arguing to someone about losing seats that were reserved for someone else with proof.

Maybe it's just me but why is it that literally every single car vlog has to have the generic, NoCopyrightSounds-esque background music and pretty out of place cuts? Like... every car vlog uses the same editing style.

Like I'm just trying to figure out how to install a lip, why do you gloss over it like it's no big deal when your video title is literally some click bait "How to install..." :grumpy:

When a good friend suddenly blocks or deletes you on Facebook without warning or explanation.
Being close to someone, then suddenly being blocked or unfriended by them without any idea as to why, well it just sucks. This is not only confusing at times, but it's hurtful and unfortunately it's become more common to me in the past 2 years for some reason. I just don't understand these people sometimes, I imagine they may have reasons for it, but without knowing what it is, you don't learn much from it and that can lead to some unpredictable results if you meet them in person again. Now, I have had suspicions before that it could have been they got hacked or it could have been a Facebook glitch, both of which have happened before, but when I find out they ignored my friend request, I strongly feel like it was deliberate and more often than not, that's been the case for me. I could say more, but this is all I can think of for now.

(Just FYI, this isn't related to my recent post in the "How was your day?" thread)

It's not really confusing, just simply annoying, but recently I've had two people tell me that I'm not a true professional photographer because of the camera I use and the fact that I don't sell prints. First of all, not everyone can afford a $500 or more camera like the one that both of these people happened to have. The one I have now is perfectly okay for me and that's what matters. Second, I never claimed to be professional photographer or even an amateur photographer; I just simply take the photos and post them on Instagram for others to enjoy even if I do use a watermark. Third, there's no law or rulebook to photography anywhere that specifically says I have to sell prints of my photos. Sure, I might print out a lot of my photos but these are solely for my own personal photo album that I allow others to look at, and it's always been like that. And even if I did choose to sell prints, I wouldn't be able to anyway since the only payment method I can accept is cash.

EDIT: The camera I have if anyone is curious is a Canon PowerShot SX400 IS.

When you make plans with someone days in advance, but when the day to actually do the thing comes around, they suddenly cant do the thing.

Its completely understandable if something else more important comes up of course, but why back out all of the sudden for seemingly no reason?

Why do people do this?

It's not really confusing, just simply annoying, but recently I've had two people tell me that I'm not a true professional photographer because of the camera I use and the fact that I don't sell prints. First of all, not everyone can afford a $500 or more camera like the one that both of these people happened to have. The one I have now is perfectly okay for me and that's what matters. Second, I never claimed to be professional photographer or even an amateur photographer; I just simply take the photos and post them on Instagram for others to enjoy even if I do use a watermark. Third, there's no law or rulebook to photography anywhere that specifically says I have to sell prints of my photos. Sure, I might print out a lot of my photos but these are solely for my own personal photo album that I allow others to look at, and it's always been like that. And even if I did choose to sell prints, I wouldn't be able to anyway since the only payment method I can accept is cash.

EDIT: The camera I have if anyone is curious is a Canon PowerShot SX400 IS.

By definition if photography isn't your profession (i.e. the thing that pays your wage) then you're not a professional photographer. I agree with the rest of it though - I've seen plenty of professional-standard photographers who don't sell a thing and use the kind of equipment that would make a purist vomit their kidneys.

Careful how you publish though - publishing to Instagram or Facebook can allow other people to sell your work professionally ;)

Undermining people's opinion as "being outdated" or "this is <insert year>".

It just gives me 2 thoughts the moments these are used:

1. The person thinks it is ok to act like that back then, meaning that person is a massive hypocrite and are just doing what's popular

2. The person can't engage in a proper discussion and exchange of ideas.

I normally don't agree with people's who get called out for being "outdated"s opinion as I usually don't agree with their domino effect logic, but when people can't even use logic or reason to fight back and have to pull this card out as a quick escape route while shaming the opposition, I can't do anything but sympathize with the very people I disagree with.

Should note this was straight after watching the news and this somehow really got to me.

Using English on a daily basis makes me forget certain Dutch words. A few minutes ago, I was writing an email in Dutch and I couldn't remember what the Dutch word is for confession. I had to use an online translator to translate confession into biecht, bekentenis etc ... . :ouch:

This is not the first time I had to translate from English to Dutch and it really confuses me!

:grumpy:

Firefighters that think blasting their sirens during a parade is a good idea.
I like firefighters, but I was at one of my local parades a few weeks ago, the firefighters was in the parade (which is fine) and they of course blasted the sirens not too far away from where I was. Of course I was annoyed by it being so close to it and I really wish they wouldn't do this during parades. It scares the kids, it annoys the adults and it makes everyone's ears hurt! I don't know anyone that actually wants to hear them. Saying "because it sounds cool" or "to show off" isn't a good excuse either.

Now to be fair I can imagine it's different being inside the truck and I imagine they're used to the sound, but a little consideration to those around you would go a long way.

TB
The Doors' Light my Fire and Jimi Hendrix's Fire (let me stand next to your fire) didn't go over well, either.
I'd make another fire pun but I fear we'll get burnt out.

I'd make another fire pun but I fear we'll get burnt out.

Agreed. Better people didn't make ashes of themselves. Pun sessions are just a smokescreen to avoid real content anyway.

Daylight Savings.

Nothing makes me more mad (ok now that's hyperbole :lol:) than that time of the 6 months where my sleeping schedule gets messed up.

People that don't know or care to know what kind of car they own. I understand not everyone's a car person like I am, but if the title is in your name you should probably know what kind it is. You'll probably need that info for service, insurance, in case it gets stolen, etc. If your response is "I don't know" when asked what kind of car you have then its probably just gonna make things a little more difficult.

People that don't know or care to know what kind of car they own. I understand not everyone's a car person like I am, but if the title is in your name you should probably know what kind it is. You'll probably need that info for service, insurance, in case it gets stolen, etc. If your response is "I don't know" when asked what kind of car you have then its probably just gonna make things a little more difficult.

Yet they cared enough to learn how to drive. Go figure.

Yet they cared enough to learn how to drive. Go figure.

I dont think so:
If steering your car aimlessly without knowing your surrounding, or even being aware that your high beam are on, or blaming fast drivers of being dangerous while you (not you personally) monopolize the left lane at speed limit when the right lanes are totally empty, then i dont think they fully grasp that driving is a privilege.

When I say "cared enough", I mean right up until the moment the licence is issued. After that, all bets are off.

I wanted to see the GTS Interlagos trailer. Those videos on the right are simply disgusting. 🤬 clickbaits everywhere. Nothing related to that video what are you watching. Youtube turned into... can I say this? P...

Daylight Savings.

Nothing makes me more mad (ok now that's hyperbole :lol:) than that time of the 6 months where my sleeping schedule gets messed up.

Daylight saving time is absolutely horrible. I hate it*. There is evidence that it actually harms your health too.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/03/09/spring-forward-daylight-saving-time-eastern-standard-time-michigan-nebraska-colorado-/98860344/
everything from more traffic accidents, more on-the-job injuries, more seizures, heart attacks and strokes, as well as drowsy schoolkids, upset dairy cows and now — according to a new study at Boston University Medical Center — higher miscarriage rates among women undergoing in vitro fertilization.

There was an article that I'm struggling to find with a passionate plea by someone who suffers seizures following each one. It is beyond ridiculous. Might even be worse than leap seconds, which are an absolute abomination.

*Actually I quite like daylight time as compared to standard time. It's the switch that I hate. I'd take either one over switching, but my preference would be daylight time over standard time.

Last edited:
I wanted to see the GTS Interlagos trailer. Those videos on the right are simply disgusting. 🤬 clickbaits everywhere. Nothing related to that video what are you watching. Youtube turned into... can I say this? P...

I would assume you're talking about trailer reactions and what not. Those have certainly flooded Youtube.... Just as much as those horrible thumbnails. Why do I need to see the presenter's face in a thumbnail when the video's titled "History of the Mustang." Followed Donut Media for their videos with Ryan Tuerck. But now they do these "History of _____ car" videos with (what I'm guessing) a presenters face....
22221505_10214867852109216_2041465943030551963_n.jpg

I would assume you're talking about trailer reactions and what not. Those have certainly flooded Youtube.... Just as much as those horrible thumbnails. Why do I need to see the presenter's face in a thumbnail when the video's titled "History of the Mustang." Followed Donut Media for their videos with Ryan Tuerck. But now they do these "History of _____ car" videos with (what I'm guessing) a presenters face....
22221505_10214867852109216_2041465943030551963_n.jpg
No no no no. I'm speaking about NSFW things. I use Youtube to watch gameplays. Cars. Or listen to music. And it recommends me a lot of disgusting things.

Latest Posts

Back