Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
People that repeatedly send me game invites/game requests on Facebook despite me already declining them time and time again.
I had one friend years ago that kept resending invites to me to play a game despite me turning it down many times. I have another that used to send requests for Criminal Case almost daily even though I never accept them and have no interest in the game itself. I got so tired of people sending these to me, I started blocking some games that people frequently sent me stuff for and I still have no regrets! :D I don't "allow" games on Facebook unless I actually intend on playing them, which I haven't played a game on Facebook in years and don't really have any desire to.

If I didn't accept the invite the first time, sending me 25 others isn't going to make me change my mind. :rolleyes:

Pedestrians who cross the road around 20 yards (or less) away from one of these:

nowabbey.jpg

People that repeatedly send me game invites/game requests on Facebook despite me already declining them time and time again.
I had one friend years ago that kept resending invites to me to play a game despite me turning it down many times. I have another that used to send requests for Criminal Case almost daily even though I never accept them and have no interest in the game itself. I got so tired of people sending these to me, I started blocking some games that people frequently sent me stuff for and I still have no regrets! :D I don't "allow" games on Facebook unless I actually intend on playing them, which I haven't played a game on Facebook in years and don't really have any desire to.

If I didn't accept the invite the first time, sending me 25 others isn't going to make me change my mind. :rolleyes:

I'd highly recommend using FB Purity. (At least, if you're on the desktop layout) Helps block out a bunch of stuff on Facebook.

No no no no. I'm speaking about NSFW things. I use Youtube to watch gameplays. Cars. Or listen to music. And it recommends me a lot of disgusting things.

Odd. I haven't seen that low of a suggestion on my side bar yet. But it doesn't surprise me that kind of stuff would pop up.

People on phone conversations who almost shout when they're on it in public transport.

I might be alone on this one but wen I'm on public transport, I just here people on phones shouting.

I understad that it is loud area and you need to speak up but not to the point that you beat me on my 3DS at max volume.

It's especially annoying as you only hear 1 side of the conversation so all you get "Yeah... Hahahaha... ok... I'll be there" etc. The pauses inbetween make it so much worse.

Liers, cheaters, obnoxious, arrogant selfish self centered people without any empathy.

:D

Pedestrians who cross the road around 20 yards (or less) away from one of these:

nowabbey.jpg
Even worse. Cyclists whom don't use the cycling track
Ripped jeans especially with large holes, they look ridiculous.

I do that. :D
I have them but without the larges holes. In my defence though, it is out of necessity because my jeans are worn out (very old) and I don't have any new pants.

Last edited:

Who use the footpath or the road?

There’s no excuse for riding on the footpath but a lot of cycle lanes I’ve experienced are more dangerous than the roads so I know why they aren’t always used.

Who use the footpath or the road?

There’s no excuse for riding on the footpath but a lot of cycle lanes I’ve experienced are more dangerous than the roads so I know why they aren’t always used.
No not the foothpath but the cycling track/bike path/bike way. Many cyclist ignore this sign and ride on the road creating dangerous situations.

Traffic sign D7: mandatory for cyclist and moped class A (25km/h)

D7.jpg

There is also a combined foothpath/bike path which cyclists/moped class A and pedastrians have to share. Traffic sign D9.

Iconen%20D9.jpg

And D10 for pedestrians and cyclist but no mopeds.

D10.jpg

Last edited:
Precisely why I would choose the road over the cycle path. Sharing the path with peds is much more dangerous than sharing the road with cars, and here’s why:

On the road I can maintain traffic speed while travelling the same direction as traffic effectively becoming part of the traffic. If I was to use the shared path I’d be doing 30kph to a pedestrian’s 3kph and there’s always a chance they might decided to walk in a direction other than that in which they should be travelling i.e across the bike path.

On a shared path I’m also required to ride at a safe speed for the reason mentioned just previously (wayward peds) which really makes cycling (for the reasons I cycle - to go fast and get fit over long distances) pointless and it’s not worth cycling unless you’re popping to the shop for a pint of milk. My commute into Central London was 13miles (20km), anything less than 25kph (throwing in plenty of stops at traffic lights) and I’m no faster than if I was taking the train.

Add to those problems the fact that a cyclist is largely liable for any incident with a pedestrian because the bike is a vehicle, whereas at least if I’m tagged by a bad driver (as in not my fault making contact) and take a spill I’m not instantly to blame whether the fault was mine or not.

In the Infield I’ve just ranted about this exact problem here in Japanese cities where cycle and walking paths are shared. In fact it’s the only complaint I have about Japan.

I’m saying this before I mention (again) the cycle superhighway I used to commute on that runs the lane behind a bus stop on the footpath:
images

images

How many times do you think I’ve had to shout “BIKE!” at pre-coffee commuters disembarking those busses directly into my path at 6:30am? It’s safer, not to mention faster, for me to be on the road in these situations.

I like that these lanes exist because it allows people to ride who might otherwise be scared if they had to use the road but they should not be mandatory for cyclists such as myself and the millions like me who can maintain traffic speed (or faster usually) and have been completely competent road users for all of our adult lives.

I ride on foothpath/ bike path all the time and there is no danger whatsoever. I just use my bicycle bell, the pedestrians turn around and when they see me comming, they make room.

Riding on the road is much more dangerous. Cyclist get hit by cars from behind because the road is not wide enough for cyclist and traffic in general (both directions). The speed of cars is much higher than of pedestrians :D

Foothpath/bike paths are not that common. Bike paths on the other hand are very common.

BTW, I'm not a cyclist and my average speed is only 15km/h when I ride my bike to shop for milk. :lol:

Which is the most dangerous:

* This

Naamloos 2.jpg

Bike path is part of the road which is the same as riding on the road.

Or

* This

Naamloos.jpg

I prefer bike path number two where it's seperated from the road.

People who call any black station wagons/estates a "hearse." I get it.... Just as annoying as everyone calling a panel/work van a "pedophile van." If they're trying to make jokes. It's old.

Almost anytime I post up something about a black wagon, there's always one person who has to go "That looks like a hearse!"

This morning, I was making soup and wanted to add garlic.

The annoyance; trying to peel the garlic cloves and not being able to get the skin of the cloves easily.

Place flat side of knife over clove, smash from the top with palm, peal with ease. ;)
Now I'm confused >>>>> my peel and your peal.

Unless your peal is a loud burst of noise in this context and I'm the one making that loud burst of noise because of the nife, smashing from the top ......

Now I'm confused >>>>> my peel and your peal.

Unless your peal is a loud burst of noise in this context and I'm the one making that loud burst of noise because of the nife, smashing from the top ......

Try composing corrrct sentences after 7 beers and you know where I’m coming from.

If there’s a need to be pedantic it isn’t now.

Enjoy you’re garlic, pealed or peeled.

Try composing corrrct sentences after 7 beers and you know where I’m coming from.

If there’s a need to be pedantic it isn’t now.

Enjoy you’re garlic, pealed or peeled.
I am not pedantic. There were three reasons I was considering why you wrote pealed:
  1. too much alcohol thus wrong spelling
  2. wrong spelling because of the alcohol
  3. what I wrote in my previous post. This is what I chose.

:D

Cheers :cheers:

Last edited:
I've never understood those political ads that ended in something like "Call this number and stop whatever." I mean, how is blowing up somebody's phone going to help solve an issue?

When people make claims like "you're beautiful" when they say it to everyone, "you're perfect as you are" and "everyone is beautiful".

Not only is it an empty compliment if you say it to everyone but as a more personal thing, as someone who likes to always improve myself and tries to see flaws and how to correct them, getting told I'm already fine is something I don't want to hear.

I know we went through this a while back but I just found I’m not the only one who has the issue with this and this guy has videoed a part of the London cycle “super highway” that I used to commute on every day:

This is why I used the road and that that silly cycle lane.

What I find very annoying has also to do with speed. Every tuesday, at the weekly market, people are always blocking my way with their carry on etc ... and are strolling, stopping right in front of me. I don't even have to be there but I have to go through the market to get from point A to B.
:mad:
I know we went through this a while back but I just found I’m not the only one who has the issue with this and this guy has videoed a part of the London cycle “super highway” that I used to commute on every day:

This is why I used the road and that that silly cycle lane.

• Different country.
  • City. I don't live in a city.
  • Biker is riding way too fast in the city! He creates his own dangerous situation. He has to be able to stop safely and within a short distance and avoid any obstacle. This is surely not the case with this speedster.
  • Belgian pedestrians are very, very disciplined. :D

Last edited:
  • Belgian pedestrians are very, very disciplined. :D

That could be a big factor. People in London can be a bit scatty.

Also, he is going to fast for the lane, by you see, if it was mandatory to use the lane and not the road, he might have to halve his speed making an hours journey home into 2 hours. I, personally, used the road for that section and the next few km after.

"Don't say/do that".

An expression normally directed towards someone after they've said/done something.

Why tell them not to do it when they've already done it?

How gas can be $3.39 at one place yet 2 miles down there's one for $2.79

Maybe I'm missing the logistics but that doesn't make any sense :lol:

Back