Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Earth, Jul 31, 2012.

1. C5-R_Racer_84

C5-R_Racer_84

Ability to perform drivetrain swaps, a livery editor, aspiration conversions, engine swaps, ability to adjust both front and rear tire width independently, a track editor/track creator, improved damage models in terms of both visible and mechanical damage, all vehicles with detailed interiors, and a MUCH more realistic physics engine.
    In real races, your vehicle, even if it's a race car, CAN flip/roll over, and it's especially true if you're driving a truck or SUV aka a Stupid Ugly Vehicle.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Harsk100 and FosterG like this.
  2. FosterG

FosterG

That is one of the pluses in Forza, multiple tire widths.

3. saveimageas

saveimageas

I'd like to see not EVERYTIME there's an update that it doesn't #### everything up.......

Haven't even completed ONE race since latest update.
    Truly FARCICAL this game

Harsk100 likes this.
  4. 05XR8

05XR8

That's not good. Maybe it is good that I can't hook up my PS3 at the moment.

5. FosterG

FosterG

If they are in this, a LOT!

[​IMG]

:dopey:

Would be nice to see this in gt6, I have in Horizon2 and Forza5, it is a force!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Harsk100 and Shahar like this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

A rethink in offering "Racing Suspension" is in order. Whether a "soft" option or "hard" option, the ride height should still be adjustable.

This should also coincide with Rally suspension in the form of Touring Car suspension and Drift Suspension.

Example of Touring Car suspension for Vintage race cars:
    Depending on car, this set up defaults a wide small diameter wheel and tyre set up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super Touring Car:
    Set up taken from this era of cars. Ultra low ride heights, large diameter wheel, extreme camber angles for near full throttle cornering
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are endless setups for various racing. PD have KW that have experience in many racing categories. They need to utilize it more than what we have now.

Harsk100, Streeto, FosterG and 2 others like this.
  7. MockngBrd

MockngBrd

The real race queen simulator

[​IMG]

8. wvmgmidget

wvmgmidget Premium

The small things:
    •Be able to have multi colored gauges
    •Racing Numbers on the Nismo GTR (and all cars that are overtaken in the challenge as well) as well as 15th anniversary cars.
    •Be able to paint stock wheels (except for 15th anniversary, chrome line, stealth, etc.)
    •Be able to paint all VGT's
    •The 15th anniversary paint chip needs to have the marks on it like the cars do.
    •Use the same racing gear in arcade mode as you use in career.
    •Have all the specs shown in Imperial as well instead of just metric.
    •Colored Numbers/number backgrounds.

Harsk100 and ProjectF like this.
  9. SJC ALPHA

SJC ALPHA

I use in car view without the Hud and have been caught out sometimes by running out of fuel or tyres going off, so I would like to be able to employ the tyre wear feature and fuel without having the entire Hud display

Harsk100 likes this.
  10. pokemonfan58

pokemonfan58

I kinda want to do a thread that is like this except in that thread, it would be used for coming up with ridiculous, weird, and crazy ideas that would never make it to GT6 or any future GT installment. What do you guys think? Would open to some silly creative ideas.

Harsk100, JKgo and CowboyAce57 like this.
  11. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

I'd like to be able to change the rims on dirt/snow tires, like you could back in gt4.

12. FosterG

FosterG

Free paint.

13. pokemonfan58

pokemonfan58

Agree, I hate those ugly rims that is put on when you change to snow or dirt tires. I believe they were in GT5 as well.

Harsk100 and C5-R_Racer_84 like this.
  14. wvmgmidget

wvmgmidget Premium

Read some of my older posts in this thread...

15. cyberfella

cyberfella

Pretty stoked that the game sound options now allows you to change the viewpoint, so you can experience the clearer, more detailed bonnet view sounds when driving in normal (dials) view. Thanks PD!

Harsk100 and Sonygamer455 like this.
  16. PJTierney

PJTierney

I'd like to have live & detailed telemetry, like what Forza Motorsport has been doing for the past 4-5 years:

Harsk100 likes this.
  17. AITB

AITB

You lost me at "Remove B-Spec"...

Harsk100 likes this.
  18. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

aside from cars and tracks...

I'd like them to allow wheel customization on ALL the 15th anniversary cars. It's possible on the Viper and Pagani, but nothing else. I'd also like the ability to scale the tires. I don't car if it affects pp or handling, but my preference is that it does.

As for adding cars and tracks, I think this is the biggest bone of contention between GT6 and GT5. GT6 NEEDS to have some updated tracks in the game to feel new, like the new Indy road course. Not just 2014 version of tracks where I have to find a guide to tell me what the changes are. Not to mention, we are still missing features such as b-spec and the track generator.

Give up on the push to sell credits. Credits are sold at 10X too much real value. A 20 million credit car should not cost $200 real dollars. Sure, the whales might pay that, but it alienates and erodes the true fan base. I would totally toss $2-$5 of real money at buying new DLC cars. This credit fiasco is why B-spec is on hold. I am sure they are trying to find a way to make it compelling without it being a credit generator. I say, let it be a credit generator and give me back the ability to drive along side my b-spec team as it was in GT4.

Track generator??? Hopefully that happens soon along with the ability to share the track.

Don't get me wrong, I MUCH prefer GT6 to GT5, but there are still some glaring errors and omissions that need to be addressed in order to get people back on board before GT7 comes out. These are the folks that will drive the sales.

OH OH OH AND>>>>> A FILTER FOR NORMAL CARS IN THE ONLINE LOBBY SETUP!! FFS, how hard can it be?? ESPECIALLY, given that so many open lobbies have to explicitly sate "Street Legal"

Also, a power to weight ratio limitation ability rather than max power or min weight. Setting a room to a PP limit and a minimum power to weight ratio would be INFINITELY more useful than the max power/min weight limits we have now.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Harsk100 likes this.
  19. SoCal Senator

SoCal Senator

Probably already mentioned somewhere in these 5K responses:
    1) Turning off the auto-replay after every single race, event, test, etc. If you want to see/save a replay, use the button already provided on the post-race screen!
    2) Ability to return to PSN from the game using controllers that don't have a PS button (i.e., nice wheel sets like the G25/27).

HBR-Roadhog, Harsk100 and Stumps_GTI like this.
  20. MRTeam

MRTeam

For those of us like me. Never out front or in second place.

Would it be a benefit or nuisance to have the time gap to the car you are chasing?

I know I can't catch the guy in first, but I would like to know if I'm making progress on the guy I'm chasing.

Of course the next question would be. Do we want to know the time to the driver behind us?

Maybe too much for GT6.

Harsk100 and raven214 like this.
  21. SteveCC

SteveCC

For sure, I just can't bring myself to take pictures of American cars in European settings. Yes, they are gorgeous. But having to do a practice run and replay to get a proper picture of an American car in an American setting is a pain in the neck. Plus, no options for lights, second car, driver, or wheel angle.

Harsk100 likes this.
  22. Flying Kiwi

Flying Kiwi

An Easter egg added every week....

Harsk100 likes this.
  23. PJTierney

PJTierney

I'd like to be able to gift photos and replays to other users.

I'd also like to be able to share and download setups and cars.

Finally, I'd like it if clubs could have multiple owners.

These are things that Forza Motorsport has been doing for years.

C5-R_Racer_84 and Harsk100 like this.
  24. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

Interior lighting. Can't express this enough.

It's daytime yet I can't see jack when I want to see my gauges.

25. FosterG

FosterG

I want a game that reflects the quality and completeness that years of development by PD should bring, not a warmed over version like GT6.

26. Streeto

Streeto

I don't know, the rest of the features they told us to expect back in 2013, that would be a start.

27. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm playing NFS Shift again. The livery thing is a must. It does wonders for the racing. If AI cars could mimic PP, set up and liveries for comparable cars to the player's car, it would be a win for everyone.

Look at the red bull cars. Kart liveries. Plus the contributors/sponsors/licences in the credits. Even liveries that look like the race suits for each manufacturer would be a start.

Retro Racer, Harsk100 and iCyCo like this.
  28. R5

R5 (Banned)

I want a helmet editor, just because.

Harsk100 likes this.
  29. coldlm

coldlm

I want the car sounds to be recreated from scratch , don't give me the same engine muffled that you always had

30. Nexus

Nexus

Automatically saving replays would be useful.

Harsk100 likes this.