Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I think it would be cool if you could pick real car features. For example you buy a base model Camaro and then they give you a choice of the packages that are offered like the SS, RS, ZL1, and so on, and other cosmetic features that they offer for each one.
Great idea. Package/Trim choice is the place which the duplicates should be. 👍

Scanned through the updated OP and didn't see this, but it occurred to me tonight - ability to change cars while at a track in test drive mode, rather than having to back out to the garage, change cars, then go back to the same track. (if one must "RP" it, it's reasonable to assume one with as many cars as we each have, would have a car hauler and drag a few down to the track for messing around and tuning)

Something that came to me after some tuning this week, there's no easy way to test the launch capabilities of a car. SSRX is good for top speed but the sectors splits are too far apart to analyse performance off the line.

Forza Motorsport 4 and other games had a range of drag strips (1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, full mile) which served this purpose nicely, but I haven't found a first sector in GT6 yet that can match these and let me do launch testing with as little variance as possible.

Something that came to me after some tuning this week, there's no easy way to test the launch capabilities of a car. SSRX is good for top speed but the sectors splits are too far apart to analyse performance off the line.

Forza Motorsport 4 and other games had a range of drag strips (1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, full mile) which served this purpose nicely, but I haven't found a first sector in GT6 yet that can match these and let me do launch testing with as little variance as possible.

We had this ability in gt5 , very handy by tuning a car or choose the right car within the specs of online event regulations. I hope this feature will come back in the March update !

Something I realized by posting in another thread;

You can't turn your lights off during night time, your lights are always on. It's too dangerous to test your nighthawk-eyes out in the real world. Probably you will see some shapes and can drive a track when your eyes are used to the new situation, the biggest 'Don't try this at home' reason is that other participants won't see you and you will be killed or you kill someone else.

To see the effects off this real time disbehavior, isn't a good thing to get offline driver tests & races without any lights. And besides day/night time, this would be also a great idea if they make 'Fog' & snow as a new type of weather.

2 things:
-a REALISTIC option for every car (like: if the car had no power steering or was only in manual, no ESP, ABS, etc... ). It's ridiculous to have 60's cars having traction control and ABS by default! And the gears ratios, dampers, etc...should lso be REALISTIC on default. When you pick a car without touching the setup, it should behave like the real one. Basically: just look at Assetto corsa and do the same.

- the force feedback used to be the best...but now that Assetto corsa is here, I can't believe how outdated FFB is in GT6. The rumbles when the cars brakes is fantastic in AC... and seems so obvious when you drive. GT lacks so much in that regards (braking feeling...) They need to scrap the whole thing from zero.

Agreed. It's weird that traction control is on by default in cars that are over 30 years old. The default driving settings for each car should be close to the car's actual capabilities.

I'm also unsure if the game simulates whatever differences each car had when it comes to the electronic aids systems (I suspect it does not). I don't know for sure, but I suspect that electronic aids systems have evolved significantly over the past 20 years.

• More realistic gear changes (In GT5 it's almost instantaneous, whereas in real life, it would be at least a 2 second gap between gear changes due to having to depress the clutch, place the stick/shifter in the correct gear, and then releasing the clutch and gradually increasing the throttle. Now if the car has DSG or paddle shift, or CVT, etc. I can understand quick gear changes. [or none at all if it's CVT] All I'm saying is, make the gear changes and sounds more realistic.)
  • I cannot emphasize enough how badly I DO NOT WANT THIS!
A two second gear change is done only by a terrible driver, and oh my, how I would like to insult their horrible, horrible, clumsy oh so clumsy hands and feet.
Learn how to drive dude.

If PD reads this, hopefully it's someone who can actually drive well enough to know it's an incredibly inaccurate depiction of reality.
GT doesn't shift quite quickly enough, let alone delaying it more, to a two second gap.

Probably already mentioned somewhere in these 5K responses:
1) Turning off the auto-replay after every single race, event, test, etc. If you want to see/save a replay, use the button already provided on the post-race screen!
2) Ability to return to PSN from the game using controllers that don't have a PS button (i.e., nice wheel sets like the G25/27).
Yes would be great to have a global option to show or not show the auto replay. It is so annoying having to wait for the replay to start and then cancel it after every race.

Is also very annoying to have to wake up my DS3 and hit the PS button as I use a CSR Elite for the game.

Automatically saving replays would be useful.
It would be a very bad thing. bad enough that it always wants to play the replay and you have to wait for it to load and then cancel it. Would be much worse if it tried to auto save it.

Of course if it was optional and off by default then no problem

• I cannot emphasize enough how badly I DO NOT WANT THIS!
A two second gear change is done only by a terrible driver, and oh my, how I would like to insult their horrible, horrible, clumsy oh so clumsy hands and feet.
Learn how to drive dude.

If PD reads this, hopefully it's someone who can actually drive well enough to know it's an incredibly inaccurate depiction of reality.
GT doesn't shift quite quickly enough, let alone delaying it more, to a two second gap.
Like I said, I've been driving for less than half a year and I already shift faster than that.

New Rims, Does anybody use those 50 GT rims in the middle of the list?? I know I don't and How about racing stripes? Not for every car,but it would be nice to have the option to put them on.

FordGT2016-014.jpg

How did you do that?
At the home page of career mode, select a track category (world circuits for example) and select a course, and you will get four options. Practice, track meet, photo drive, and the family cup. The track meets were not available on off road courses and city tracks unfortunately.

At the home page of career mode, select a track category (world circuits for example) and select a course, and you will get four options. Practice, track meet, photo drive, and the family cup. The track meets were not available on off road courses and city tracks unfortunately.

I never even knew that this option existed. Shows you how observant I am! :lol:

-take all the options that are already in the game and make them available in arcade mode (mechanical damage, tire wear, penalties, standing starts, 16-car grid, one-make races, adjustable AI pace).
-being able to access all my garage cars in arcade mode, as well as the option to sort cars in garage & favorites list while in arcade mode.
-friend invite system, like every other online game has, ditch the stupid lobby number system.

What I would most like to see are the Vision GT races to win the car being removed from the Seasonals. I would like to see a race for each car in the Vision GT section (still with a buy option if you want more than one), so that people who have missed out on the VGT cars due to not having the game (or whatever) can still get them without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money for them.

GAMEPLAY - Online Rules, Restrictions and Control
Additional information provided in Open Lobby to reflect room settings (fuel/tire consumption, grip surface, damage, time lapse, etc) and filter options for additional room settings.

Don't know if this was mentioned already, but it would be cool to have a D1 drift competition special event for all those drifters out there.

Latest Posts

Back