Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Real time telemetry display.
Like this:
Hmm, cant figure out how to get the YouTube video embedded on the forums.
Could anyone let me know what part of the URL I'm supposed to put in between the tags?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5NgP6pjqy4
Couldn't find any good ones of FM2. I couldn't find any at all of FM3, but for those of you who haven't tried it this is about what I would want in the game.

I've suggested some things already in the last years and I am happy to see some of them seem to be implemented in GT5....

One of them was the idea to give the "anonymous cars" some driver names and also some other ideas...

So either PD adopted my suggestions or they simply had the same ideas, I dont know.

Anyway... here's another one (for GT6 though as I hope GT5 releases soon):

GRAN TURISMO online Championships

They should work like this:

Online events are set up (by PD) for "qualifying" with a timeframe of 4 weeks.
(These events take place at a specified track, with specified cars etc.)

When the 4 weeks are over these "qualifying events" are closed.

The following day a "race-event" takes place for the fastest 16 drivers of the "qualifying" leaderbords. (To a specified time, specifie number of laps and with the same cars used in qualifying of course)

The drivers receive points corresponding to their finishing-position. (According to Formula 1 championship i.e.)

The next qualifying event takes place on a different track...
(4 weeks qualifying, 1 race)

and so on....

Each championship consists of i.e. 12 (complete) Events lasting one year. (one season)

There should be several championships such as "national", "continental" and "world" - championship. There should be issued a timetable (schedule) at the beginning of each season and there should be "championship" lederboards.

The winner obtains a prize....

-------------------------------------------

All of this can be done by PD's multiplayer code as ssen in GT5 Prologue already. It should be no problem to restrict races to nationalty (as seen in the TT-Demo already) and to set up these events on a regulary basis.

It could become a new way of serious sports online if carried out with responsibility

Last edited:
Race queens!

malaysia-super-gt-059.jpg

I'm down for Asian women just about 95% of the time but that's just not a good selection lol. I guess I'd take the far right (model?) for my "race queen" though as she looks alot like my close friend Julie.

Have any of u noticed that there aint no PIT-button where u manage B-spec driver??? my driver just went to pit (accident ofcourse) wich had me thinkin of what if i really needed to pit??

B-Spec mode with the top gear test track, where you can either have your drivers, or the stig take a car out and put a lap down with a leader board so you can see how your cars rank against eachother.

B-Spec mode with the top gear test track, where you can either have your drivers, or the stig take a car out and put a lap down with a leader board so you can see how your cars rank against eachother.

That would be cool to have a completely subjective way of judging them. I find that I tend to be better at certain drivetrain layouts than others, but if :bowdown:The Stig were testing them, he would be able to show the car's true abilities rather than how it filters through my imperfect technique.

The depth of the simuation is so high that when you hit the boundries of it, it's far too obvious. e.g. bouncing off a thin line of tape at 150MPH, when you clearly should have mowed down those brain dead looking pedestrians.

I know it's not Carmageddon, but a bit more fuzzyness on the edges of the simulation would be nice.

All of my whinging is about the interface.

1) Please let me sort cars by Power-to-Weight ratio.

2) Just have a single list of cars instead of separate Premium and Standard lists. I don't care if there's an interior, I just want to easily pick the best car for the event.

3) The Circle on the controller means "Go back" not go to the icon to go back. Why does it work this way on some screens and not on others? Consistency PLEASE.

4) Lastly, and the one that gives me the ****s the most, don't display a button on a requestor until the button is CLICKABLE. How many times have I bought a tuning item and pressed the X button only to have to press it again because I was too quick. Usability FAIL.

Heres my 2 cents, fix the premium cars i.e why does my audi r8 say it's done 134,728 kms on the clock from the moment i got it and now with 1,300 real k's on the clock it still reads the same. Bring back the odometer it will help with oil change for those who do it on mileage based reading not every race, whats the point of having mileage if you can't see it while driving if you want to. Add Bathurst, Pukekohe and Manfield all from V8 supercars but damn good tracks and more Falcons and Commodores.

A few ideas that I can remember right now....

No HUD option is insanely awesome but please show my split time, lap time, lap number and race position when I finish a sector/lap. I don't want it on the screen all the time but I would like to know just as a real driver would even if it's just once per lap.

While we're on the topic, if I remove the on screen data in B-Spec then leave it for five seconds then remove all the info and just leave it as a TV presentation style race. If I move the cursor then show me my options.

The ability to de-tune cars would be nice.

The option to wind the window down so I can hear the V12 growl like it should, even if I'm in car view.

The test track from the old GT games and also a drag strip.

Ummm there was more stuff but that's all I can remember.

Real world weather like in FS2004 would be nice. Also the Mount Panorama track where they run the Bathurst 1000 race in Australia.

Back