Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Most road cars can shift into N from any gear.
Maybe a combination of buttons could be used to engage neutral?
For example Shift UP+Shift Down?

Excuse me if I'm wrong but with a pad if you press triangle on manual then isn't it clutch+gear?

Im asking because when Im in clutch mode with my wheel, when I press O (circle) it does the same job as the clutch.

I would love to see a track day feature in GT5. For people who don't want to race for money or rankings, just be able to learn a track with other people around them. Therefore learning x track without the pressure from more experienced drivers. At the same time if your learning about your new car with its certain modifications or tune set-up it would be the ideal place to do so. My experience from Forza 3 is that pounding round a track countless times trying to extract the most from x car is boring I believe that this would at least make it a little more entertaining. Also there'd be less pressure to have the fastest car for the track in question, you'd be picking the car you enjoyed rather than a 'leader board' car. Imagine the verity single seaters, 2 seater sports cars, track cars, supercars, LMP1 etc. Anyway that’s my thoughts on what would be a great feature to the GT series. Hopefully something like this could be added on in a DLC or in GT6. 👍

We do have a track day option in the game, this was announced last year, or even the year before, and I believe it is on the main screen option as 'Open Lobby'.

We do have a track day option in the game, this was announced last year, or even the year before, and I believe it is on the main screen option as 'Open Lobby'.[/QUOTE

Thats great, do you know weather or not its an infinite amount of laps and weather all classes can take part? 👍

btw do you have a link to this information?

As previously mentioned, the ability to create some sort of garage.

What would really would be great is a "walk" mode for this garage. Anyone know this from the PGR games? With GT5 visuals, some amazing locations could be used to house the best looking cars of any console game. :)

As previously mentioned, the ability to create some sort of garage.

What would really would be great is a "walk" mode for this garage. Anyone know this from the PGR games? With GT5 visuals, some amazing locations could be used to house the best looking cars of any console game. :)

Don't hold me to this, but I think I saw something similiar in one of the trailers. It was basically a warehouse/hanger, with about 5 cars (a lancer, a ferrari, a lambo and 2 other cars) basically lined up for display. Looked really sweet. Could be this feature:dopey:

We do have a track day option in the game, this was announced last year, or even the year before, and I believe it is on the main screen option as 'Open Lobby'.

Thats great, do you know weather or not its an infinite amount of laps and weather all classes can take part? 👍

btw do you have a link to this information?

It was some time ago, I'll see if I can find it quickly.... Unfortunately not to hand atm.

I do know it was only mentioned very briefly, with not many further details about it. We can presume that it will be open to all cars and classes, will have infinite laps, and should have weather (bear in mind it was announced before weather was confirmed). I would have thought there should be perhaps two levels of track days, one level open to all classes, and another level restricted to power outputs or performance points.

Here's an idea I have since GT1: the ability to temporarily "dispose" of excessive credits.
Ever wanted to start the game again and feel the thrill of limited funds without actually clearing everything over (records, acquired cars, licences, unlockable features, etc.)?

A "bank" could be added so that the player could deposit credits to artificially limit their immediately available amount. No "interest rate" or any fancy things would be performed. Just depositing (and eventually withdrawing) credits.

Or, because I know someone will say this, might as well be me, give funds to a friend. Maybe they're just starting or something. You cn give them a bit of a boost and you could also get a challenge as well. Or maybe ( I swear I can't believe I'm saying this) have something similar to Prestige mode from COD. Its just a toss of ideas. But figured why not.

Here's an idea I have since GT1: the ability to temporarily "dispose" of excessive credits.
Ever wanted to start the game again and feel the thrill of limited funds without actually clearing everything over (records, acquired cars, licences, unlockable features, etc.)?

A "bank" could be added so that the player could deposit credits to artificially limit their immediately available amount. No "interest rate" or any fancy things would be performed. Just depositing (and eventually withdrawing) credits.

Seems kind of a waste to me. Just learn to conserve your spending.

Or, because I know someone will say this, might as well be me, give funds to a friend. Maybe they're just starting or something. You cn give them a bit of a boost and you could also get a challenge as well. Or maybe ( I swear I can't believe I'm saying this) have something similar to Prestige mode from COD. Its just a toss of ideas. But figured why not.

Well we can already gift cars, so we can also probably gift credits.

So in one 200-page thread there's people talking about hundreds of ideas for the game...and then in another 200-page thread there are people talking about the delayed/slow release of the game. looolol

Don't hold me to this, but I think I saw something similiar in one of the trailers. It was basically a warehouse/hanger, with about 5 cars (a lancer, a ferrari, a lambo and 2 other cars) basically lined up for display. Looked really sweet. Could be this feature:dopey:

Well we can still hope :dopey:

Pretty cool idea, even it would be cool to download a race line from the best driver.
But that would make the game bit easier.

That's cheating :lol:

But not all cars can follow an ideal line for the quickest time especially on a non race track. In theory there are many lines for a driver to take so it would be helpful if one could establish these lines like a magic marker on a track during a time trial. That was more or less my idea.

Well we can already gift cars, so we can also probably gift credits.

haha, maybe. Hey, you can gift credits cool, and no one can say it gives people an unfair advantage. I have friends that would love that feature, and I could gift them millions. Doesn't mean they can handle the cars they spend all that money on.

I don't like the whole gifting feature, I would rather buy the car's from other users but I guess if we truly can gift credits it will be ok. Offer to pay a certain amount for certain car. They gift car, you gift money. I will stick to the old fashioned GT approach win races, win car's and credits, buy more car's, test tune settings, repeat.

I don't like the whole gifting feature, I would rather buy the car's from other users but I guess if we truly can gift credits it will be ok. Offer to pay a certain amount for certain car. They gift car, you gift money. I will stick to the old fashioned GT approach win races, win car's and credits, buy more car's, test tune settings, repeat.

That would be a fabulous idea. It would be like have a car auction where you could buy the car cheaper than the dealer would sell it for.💡

Yeah... I was proposing a way to make the gifting feature to be more like a non cheating way to buy car's between friends you may have missed in the constantly changing used car's lot.

Cheaters will be cheaters right? Just like people will bored at night will sit up and attempt to nick-pick at peoples posts. :sly:

YES!

Its confirmed a Walk mode but in Photomode.

I hope one of the Photomodes include your personal garage

Would be cool to have your own personal garage with the cars you've selected as your favourites appearing. Maybe you could have the option of purchasing bigger garages and customising them.

There should DEFINITELY be a permanent damage option/mode to encourage people to drive more cautiously (realistically), so that if you damage your car, you either have to get it repaired OR if the damage is beyond repair then the only option is to buy a new one.

In the track creator it would be cool if it in the future, would be possible to genereate a track, using google earth to choose a piece of road from the real world.
Then the track creator could see all turns and what was around the track, like trees and buildings ect.
I think it would be fun to transform my local roads into race/rally tracks:)

And if they had that option you could race any track in the world :). No more licensing needed for all tracks, just punch in the coordinates and bam your racing on Flemington racecourse in Australia or maybe even a stretch of your favorite part of that winding road that's always swarming with police.

Any info for multiple car in Photmode? I know you can have photomode after you save a Race Replay, but its with AI, I hope you can set up up to 16 or more cars yourself to take a photo, and online photo mode!

Back