Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Here's another idea that I think was already partially implemented in Enthusia if I remember correctly (my PS2 broke down so I can't check).

Let user choose different global default values for driving assists.
In GT4 driving assist were always ON as default. This was rather annoying especially if one wanted to quickly try out several cars not driven before.

In my system there would be three options for default values:
[All ON] - Always enables all driving assists as default (as in public demos)
[All OFF] - Always disables all driving assists as default. This excludes Tire and AT/MT selection
[Manufacturer] - Selects the most appropriate driving assists and assist settings for the selected car, basing on real life car capabilities.

^ I drive with no tractin control only and with ABS set to lvl 1, i think no stability managment is too hard to keep control (unless anyone has suggestions)! but more on-topic, I would like to have the ability to zoom on guage when in Dashboard view so i can clearly read what they say.

Last edited:
I would like to see real fuel tank capacities being showed, not only "80 liters" for all cars.
Good suggestion.
I would also add an option to select exactly how much fuel to put in the tank. This is essential for open wheels race cars especially.
Enabling tire wear and fuel consumption for all races would be great too.
In GT4 fuel consumption was always on, but tire wear wasn't for some reason.
If tire wear this time will be more realistic, there wouldn't be many reasons to NOT enable it at all times.

To me, better tire wear includes flats. Flat tires are one of the the most common problems in racing. A bad "rub" against another car could cause this. Or just not pitting soon enough. Instead of just sliding all over the place when the tread gets low, you should get a blowout.

I was driving a convertible car in chase cam in gt4 the other day, I look behind me to see if I cleared the car i had just tried to pass. I noticed that around hard corners the drivers hands cross when making sharp turns with cars that have 900* steering. I want that in the game for the in car view in gt5. If you watch most racing drivers they also cross their hands while making sharp turns.

In the GT4 (on open cars), GTHD and GT5Prologue Spec I (if I remember correctly) drivers did cross hands on sharp turns. I don't know why PD removed this by limiting visual steering to +/- 90 degrees.

Even tire wear in 4wd's, No matter where the engine is, the front wheels always wear out faster. I'd like to see more realistic tire wear on that aspect of it.

^ I drive with no tractin control only and with ABS set to lvl 1, i think no stability managment is too hard to keep control (unless anyone has suggestions)! but more on-topic, I would like to have the ability to zoom on guage when in Dashboard view so i can clearly read what they say.

This is strange to me; at least in GT4, any ASM, even a value of 1, causes cars to bleed off MPH in turns. The best example is the 3-lap Driving Mission with the Amuse S2000. I couldn't stand it, and all my cars are always set with ASM off. TCS usually isn't needed on most street cars, though it does help with high-powered ones. That and prototype race cars, for me, anyways. ASM's always been way too aggressive for my tastes.

Really like Shirakawa's suggestion; it was incredibly annoying that driving aids defaulted to ON in GT4's Sim mode. There should at least be an overriding on/off switch in the options menu that only affects new purchases.

I think a car's colour options should affect the price ;)

I would love some type of telemetry data. Something that gives me my tire temps, front temps, rear temps, and middle, inside and outside of each. Also separate right and left side tire temps if we can independently adjust air pressure, and spring rates for each tire.

And maybe some suspension data so I can know for a fact if my car is bottoming out. Mainly the tire data, I used to play a sim racer that gave me all the tire information one could ask for, and I loved tuning the car just right to make my tires grip perfect.

Someone's probably mentioned this but it'd be cool if there was a safety car when there were big accidents on track. Add to that pit lane closing after the safety car has been deployed, just like in F1. Would be pretty cool, even if the deployment hindered your race.

I am not sure, but in Tourist Trophy (probably an updated GT4 engine) you could fastforward replays.

You could also FF GT4 replays...

Yeah, a decent replayer would be good. Maybe even incorporate a small movie maker.

I wish there was weather effects and night racing.
I wish there were skid marks and tiresmoke.
I wish that you could damage a car this time.
I wish you could play online with 16 people.
I wish the graphics will be really nice.
I wish you could generate tracks.
I wish you could choose different driving challenges.
I wish there was a B spec mode
I wish you could upgrade and tune cars

I wish that it will be released soon.

Wishful thinking?

Let's see, so if I can post anything I really wish... GT6; I want down shift to N and R. That would be a dream

5-4-3-2-1-N-R !!!!!!!!
Most road cars can shift into N from any gear.
Maybe a combination of buttons could be used to engage neutral?
For example Shift UP+Shift Down?

You could also FF GT4 replays...

Yeah, a decent replayer would be good. Maybe even incorporate a small movie maker.
A .mp4 video export feature to USB for replays (saved or not) would be very useful.
After all photos from the Photo Mode can already be exported in .jpg format to USB, right? The same could be done for videos and would expand possibilities without much work by PD as even a simple video editor would require quite a deal of work to be made.

Here's an idea I have since GT1: the ability to temporarily "dispose" of excessive credits.
Ever wanted to start the game again and feel the thrill of limited funds without actually clearing everything over (records, acquired cars, licences, unlockable features, etc.)?

A "bank" could be added so that the player could deposit credits to artificially limit their immediately available amount. No "interest rate" or any fancy things would be performed. Just depositing (and eventually withdrawing) credits.

That multi-story car park seen in Prologue (on the "My Page") to be a playable level.

First to bottom, or visa versa would be epic, especially if it was pretty dark like the one mentioned :)

I would like to hear the crowd cheering for the drivers, in GT5: Prologue the race was too silent it looked deserted

A button to switch it on/off while the track is loading would be useful.
Personally, when I'm testing my car I find the cheering crowds (and the crowds themselves) out of place.

Walk around your own garage and pit stop. maybe design your own garage layout and racing suit colours.

YES!

Its confirmed a Walk mode but in Photomode.

I hope one of the Photomodes include your personal garage

An online car market for users to buy and sell cars. An auction house like in Forza would be cool to. A cars value would be determined by it's racing history on and offline. Say, a car that has won the 24hrs. of Le Mans may be more valuable than one that has one a 15 lap race at Nurburgring. And cars should decrease in value the more miles are put on them. So, if you see a car in the used car dealer for 7,000 credits, than if you take a look online, you may find the same car for around 6,500 credits, just some extra miles. This doesn't seem like it would be a hard addition to the game, just add something on My Home or whatever for listings of cars for sale. And as an addition to "Gran Turismo Anywhere," make users able to manage sales and buy cars from there computer or web browsing device.

I love the idea you have Lotus496. Having Race History with each car sounds great.

Also Orignal Owners's name of the car should be in.

Imagine if Kaz himself raced a 24 hour race with Audi Le Mans car, then sold it online at the auction! The lucky person who won the auction would have Mr. Kaz's car in his collection!!!

Best idea ever Lotus!!!!

Back