Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
XCNuse
.... this isnt NFSU.....
motorcyles will never be part of GT4, so forget it, if you knew anything about programming you would understand....

thanks for answering for me, i nearly died when i read that. (speedometer gages!!) and how the heck are you supposed to see those, and screw bodykits, this is a s.i.m.u.l.a.t.i.o.n, not you average retarded NFSU

body kits could be acceptable but only if they were used as a racing modifcation. Like you JGTC cars that are like widebodys. Ne body have suggestions to my track list? i tried to think of the most i could off the top of my my head. As for the gauges come on. As for the humor with the chicks why bout the car wash LOL. If i could pick one thing to have over all for GT5 would be a PC version of the game. Could u image the mod community juese you couldn't go to one mod site without seeing like 50 cars for the game.

-i want you to be only one guy, you can make your own suits/helmets and choose which one you want to use in the race,
-hood view
and some other things that were refered in here like day to night, more cars on the track, etc, etc.

Most of the posts so far have been spot on but i don't like the idea of too many glitzy add-ons and custom mods ala NFSU - we don't want to lose the esence of GT.

I think the most important changes for GT5 would include:

1. In game saves - 24 hrs in one go is a health hazard - and being a light sleeper, the fan in the back of my ps2 keeps me awake when i leave it on in the middle of a race.

2. variable track, weather conditions + day-night-day transitions. imagine being on slicks half way around the ring when a massive downpour hits!

3. Better AI - collision avoidance, defensive techniques, aggressive overtaking moves etc.

4. Larger grids with proper qualifying - A grid of 40 or 50 cars at Le Mans would be awesome.

5. Full grids of similar cars (eg DTM or JTGC) for longer championships - maybe over 16 or so races.

6. Damage representation - with retirements from major shunts. also include here mechanical retirements - for both human and AI racers. I wouldn't mind retiring with a blown engine on lap 99 of a 100 lap race if it was fair, random and happened to AI cars too ocassionally.

7. Better statistics and information about races - maybe pit summaries, major overtaking moves, off circuit excursions, lap times....

8. The ability to edit replays and output to DVD for TV style presentations.

9. Stricter race requirements and rules for better competition - why don't they incorporate a qualifying system where based on your lap times over say 2 or 3 hot laps, you are placed in a field of similar cars.

10. No stupid concept cars you can't sell for money, or special cars you can't race, or bland tracks. i would rather a reduction in tracks if it meant that only good tracks got in - I think there are enough real tracks available to get rid of made up tracks - maybe keep the city based courses though - i quite like some of them.

That's about it. :)

I fill that the hp increasing needs a big step up i mean some cars that u no can go to 1000hp only go to like 700 or some thing.

Also the only way thay can put more then 6 cars on the track is if thay better the AI cause at the moment it is even hard to reach 1st place with out hiting any cars , let alone 20 od cars.

webber555
10. No stupid concept cars you can't sell for money, or special cars you can't race, or bland tracks. i would rather a reduction in tracks if it meant that only good tracks got in - I think there are enough real tracks available to get rid of made up tracks - maybe keep the city based courses though - i quite like some of them.
that is really stupid. you should sell concept cars for millions... :crazy:

Most everything that I want has already been mentioned. Here's what's left of what I want;

1. Bring back the detailed histories on the cars like in GT2 & 3.

2. Engine & interior shots.

3. Exhaust tips. I know for a fact that putting a racing exhaust on car requires you to get rid of the stock tip. Not eveyone uses the in-car view. I always use the behind the car view.

4. No more special cars you cannot race. Most annoying feature in GT4. I was soo pissed you can't do anything with the Prowler...

I guess that's it.

it would be nice if the muscle cars could do wheelies(super soft tires of course) like in real life instead of burning out up to sixth gear.....oh and wheelie bars too :D

and burning out in 4th or 5th gear when you press nos is really pissing me off :banghead:

yessss the exaust tips too

tyzone_gt1
I fill that the hp increasing needs a big step up i mean some cars that u no can go to 1000hp only go to like 700 or some thing.

If I understood you right, you suggest that all cars should be able to reach 1000hp. in alot of cars, this is physically impossible. a 1500cc honda engine puts out 100 to 150hp stock, and even in real life settings, a highly tuned Honda Civic will never reach 1000hp unless you cut out the engine well, and slap in a bigger motor. And if you do something like that, you seriously risk over torque and sitting in one spot melting your tires.

I wouldn't mind if it would be possible to design your own paint schemes on PC to import them from an USB stick and fit them on your car. This would be possible if you could get a fold-out version of the car skin, and then being able to re-edit the colors in it in photoshop. I wouldn't mind decals either. Sure it isn't really necessary for racing, but it would be interesting just to have a personalized car. I mean, the Option Z has got it, so why not on one of your own cars?

-remove the stupid 5 seconds penalty and make AI in rally (and the whole game) smarter and tougher
-When I buy a car, there should be an information screen telling me what races that car can join.
-more races and put them all in one place, I am sick looking for races in Gt4
- option to import all licenses from GT4
- KY, you have a little something something going on with those skykines, don't you? get rid some of them, will ya?
- enable people to save in the middle of a championship race without having to exit like in GT3
- get rid some of slow calssic cars
- BRING BACK THE LOAD GAME OPTION

Some people are forgetting this is gran turismo not gran tuRICEmo. i agree with SCCA and other like kind "race"mod ala gt2. also i hate having to take of my rockin' stock wing (wrx c-spec, evo mr, ect.) and replacing it with a RICE-A-WRONGY wing. should be able to keep said wing and still adjust downforce. plus all the other sweet ideas you guys had.

I don't see whats wrong with the NFSU options like body kits etc. As long as they keep the physics real it would be nice to customize your car for ONLINE races.

Because the Cars in GT4 are suppposed to look "professional", not to look "cool" and noisy like in NFSU, GT4 should never has that " I am dring a noisy car with a big fat muffler, I am so cool" thing.

I'd like to see what real race car drivers see. The view through their helmets. The bumps and gs pulling you forward and pushing you to the side. Physics for your head I guess you could call it. I would make it an option to have and there would be different views from the several different helmet manufacturers. Of course you'd see the drivers hands moving and such, shifting when you shift, moving the wheel when you move it.

It's not a big feature or anothing, but it would be cool to see realistically what the driver is going through. What with GT4 having the car physics down already, maybe this would be an interesting next step?

I don't know, after gt4 my focus starts to become more centered on wanting to drive just race cars rather than another gt game. Something with a script of learning and moving up through the ranks earning your way to race f1 or something would be nice. Start with karts, earn your sponsers and gear, win races and progress up through the ranks.

PrecisionD

1. real night driving - as in the headlights on your car are the ones actually illuminating your path.

2. cockpit view - be able to see the dash, windshield, and maybe the top part of the steering wheel.

3. active wipers - when it rains, watermarks should appear on the windshield. hence the wipers.

Hmmm. I wouldn't mind bodykits in GT4...on the following conditions:

- Ugly, over the top Rice kits like veilside actually ADD weight to your car so it performs worse

- Kits are functional - Improve downforce, Allow better intercooler flow, cool the brakes etc

- Some kits were lighter than stock, as a way of reducing weight.

out

i forgot..

4. free roaming camera in photomode - this would allow for more precise positioning of the camera. unlike in gt4 where camera positions are predefined.

1. No damage
2. More race cars
3. More tracks
4. Online
5. More tracks
6. Better A.I.
7. More ajustability when tuning( tire pressure, ect...)
8. More up to date cars(example: Sauber C9 why diden't they use the C11?)
More to come

Make it harder to earn cash.
Have hardcore unforgiving damage model so you really got to take care of your car.
Much much smarter AI.
Train BSpec avatar and have the ability to go 1v1 against him.

Fat Mike
Hmmm. I wouldn't mind bodykits in GT4...on the following conditions:

- Ugly, over the top Rice kits like veilside actually ADD weight to your car so it performs worse

- Kits are functional - Improve downforce, Allow better intercooler flow, cool the brakes etc

- Some kits were lighter than stock, as a way of reducing weight.

out

What are you talking bout veilside body kits are some of the best bodyktis out there. All of them serve some purpose in creating downforce,better air flow half of there kits were made for in part race time. The new EVO 8 body kit was partially devloped by Mistu for a possible racing team in the future. these shogun,dragon,and all these other ****ed up bodykits are the ones that mostley have no purpose. As for there reducing weight yes most should.Also about the more indept tuning i want to be able on my turbos to say 20 psi in stead of just having stage 4.

Inkil
If I understood you right, you suggest that all cars should be able to reach 1000hp. in alot of cars, this is physically impossible. a 1500cc honda engine puts out 100 to 150hp stock, and even in real life settings, a highly tuned Honda Civic will never reach 1000hp unless you cut out the engine well, and slap in a bigger motor. And if you do something like that, you seriously risk over torque and sitting in one spot melting your tires.
I think he’s talking about cars like the GN-X and Eclipse GT (really a GS-T) that in real life can easily be tuned to double the HP they can be tuned to in the game.
quan lot khe do boi nam ca tinh xe day loai khac chan vay cong so nu thoi trang cong so nu cho thue trang phuc bieu dien
Edit
Anyway, back on topic, I would like to see better AI (I’m not sure if what we have is AI, but I think once I seen a car in the rearview slow down to not hit me, but he might have been just slowing down for the turn we were entering), and more real tracks.

Last edited:
[QUOTE='85fierogt]Some people are forgetting this is gran turismo not gran tuRICEmo. i agree with SCCA and other like kind "race"mod ala gt2. also i hate having to take of my rockin' stock wing (wrx c-spec, evo mr, ect.) and replacing it with a RICE-A-WRONGY wing. should be able to keep said wing and still adjust downforce. plus all the other sweet ideas you guys had.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree...if ANY more rice gets inserted into anymore GT games I will refuse to play them. To me all this emphasis towards "rice" parts for kiddies' cars is not only hideous to look at but things such as body kits actually hinder performance. I'm sorry, riced-out cars do NOT look cool and are NOT fast. My completely bone stock SE-R eats ricers on a continual basis.

My suggestions on GT5 that weren't suggested on the first 4 pages (too lazy to read the last one):

1) Templates for what mods to add--example Stage 1-4 tuning which would include the group of parts that would fit into the stage you choose...like a Stage 1 Turbo+Sports Intake+Semi-Racing Transmission+Small non-rice wing. Etc...
2) More real companies in the "Tuner Village" that would accomidate non-Japanese makers...example Edelbrock, Borla, etc etc.
3) Preset settings for Acceleration, Max Speed, and Rally PRE-selectable in the tuning menu.
4) Customizable soundtrack, using the USB Memory Stick put mp3, ogg, wma on it for your radio.
5) Reduce the number of Japanese car duplicates at least by half...sorry the unbelievable number of Skylines and NSX's and etc is just stupid if you don't include the equal amount of EURO and NA cars.
6) Driver teams as well as pit crew skill increase, just like in NASCAR your pit crew can improve and get more skillful. Make it so you have a driving "team" for your B-spec and they're skill is more realistic and has many different things to improve upon besides the 3 we have now "Machine" "Course" "Battle".
7) More realistic cost for vehicles new and used as well as concept and racing. I'm sorry but the cost for some cars and thier resale value is just ludacris. If you buy a used '96 Nissan 240SX which would cost about $6-8k where I live and you add $100k worth of parts the car should sell for a scaled depreciation value + 33% of the part's value. Example: 240SX had 75k miles when you bought it, you put 5k on it the car would depreciate a set % based on mileage--so for grins let's say it depreciated $3k and the $100k in parts would mean $3,000 + $33,000 (round to an even value) would mean you would get $36,000 for the car.
8) More concept cars and the ability NOT to upgrade them, I want the original '51 Le Sabre concept...what a beast! http://speed.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=1&fID=2&tID=21150
9) Season mode, if you want to enter into championships how about a season mode to work yourself upto the championship?
10) Endurance races are rather stupid if you can't switch drivers to save your session...which would fast-forward the time while that driver drives the car. Have a cycle of drivers for those races like the other multi-lap courses with more than 10 laps.

Just a few of my misc. ideas...too bad PD won't ever pay attention to it's users and take any suggestions. And the Japanese bias will continue you can bet.

I agree with most of the above. Maybe a solution to the lack of competion in some races (due to excessive horespower) is to make the prize money in-line with the A-spec points rewarded ie. a particular race will have prize money of between $1,000 and $10,000 for 1st place, dependant on the A-spec points rewarded. It seems all to easy to tune your car to the hilt then go racing and win by half a lap of just just 3 laps. Not realistic.

Need damage - like in Colin McCrae Rallly 05 etc. They also seem to have great in-car views. If you drive with a difficult view such as in-car, or even more realistically in-helmet then you get more points therefore more cash.

Weather, skid marks, smoke would be very nice.

I would love a script such as a career in racing (eg. Race Driver). Get a manager who can advise you, take them car shopping because they would know everything about the cars, help you with tuning when you are new, organise sponsorship deals when you are kicking arse. Choose your nationality is always good for health on-line competion. You would have to start off by karting in your country, win some national camps, then move into the big league and fly around in your private jet and get all the hot pit babes (ie Ferrari F1).

With online gaming definetly coming into the GT series, i think GT5 needs to be much more driver oriented, rather than car focused. I would much rather see how it really is like to walk inside my garage or the pit lane than having 700+ cars. The PS3 will definetly allow this. I would like to have the ability to personalize my driver - sometimes i don't wanna be wearing an ancient helmet and funky glasses just because i'm driving a chaparral 2J. I want to choose my helmet, maybe from various pre-loaded designs or, like someone suggested, transfer them from USB flash memory (although I think PD will reject this). Maybe even put some stickers in it.

When I say they should improve the driver aspect, I really mean it - you should literally see your character everywhere, and control him (or her). When you sign up for a race, you should be able to walk into the pit and enter your car, watch the pit crew do their job and start the race when everything is ready. And don't forget to include photomode with that. Most people will say that this will make the game more complicated and so less accessible, but I think this is the kind of atmosphere the GT series is lacking. You may also say that this kind of process will be tedious for 2/3 lap races. Well I think that kind of races should be abolished. The game should be harder and longer. It is not, in my opinion, just a driving game that kids can play. In real life 2 lap races don't really happen on a daily basis.

Online races should be more of a social event, where you first meet the other drivers, not the other cars, and then race.

I think a very nice addition would be something like what was on the original Perfect Dark game on the N64 - you could take a picture of your face and put yourself in the game. This will be perfectly possible with some sort of EyeToy device or by transferring from USB memory.

Another cool addon would be headset support. Not only for online races, but for talking to the pit crew during actual races in GT mode. With some kind of voice recognition, you should be able to ask what lap you are currently in, how far behind you are, etc. Besides being cool, this could simplify the HUD without making you unaware of what's going on. It would also be an excellent way to control B-spec if the driver could talk back. And before you say this is impossible, I assure you it isn't. If I remember correctly, SOCOM has this.

And if the "driver element" thing is going to be for real, we're gonna need an in-cockpit view. With the interior completely modeled, even if it means sacrificing some cars (Skylines...).

I would also like to see garage cars in LAN / Online races, and the ability to use 3 screens for GT mode, and with only one PlayStation (I guess that depends on Sony and how "revolutionary" they want the PS3 to be 👍 ).

A clutch pedal is something I have also been waiting for. The next DFP should have this, and the pedals should be way more resistant. The shifter could also use some improvement..

I also share some of the opinions already posted, as I would like to see weather and day/night changes, faster tuning, much better AI, and I agree that damage should not be included.
And just because I didn't give much attention to the AI in this post, doesn't mean I don't hate it as it currently is. :ouch:

Oh.. and I would also like to see karts in the game... Please...

EDIT: I forgot to mention how IMPORTANT it would be to have at least 12 cars on track... That would make the whole atmosphere thing much better and realistic, and the game would be more interesting, especially during long races. 👍

EDIT 2: Two more things: exotic cars (we all know what we're talking about - historic ones too) and something someone has yet to mention: 3D RIMS during races!

Back