Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Here's what I was thinking they could do for GT5:

1) This is sort of like the night - day racing, except that the time of day you race would determine the race (i.e. Race at 10 p.m., it'd be night time, or race at 10 a.m., and it would be day time). If freaking Pokemon could do it, I'm sure GT5 could have it.

2) Real-time weather conditions. Say you go to a race, and it's cloudy with a 50% chance of rain. Well, there'd be a 50% chance of it raining during the race. I think it'd be kinda cool to be racing, then have it start raining, forcing you to change your way of driving on the fly.

3) Going along with the first two, they would have to incorporate real working headlights and windshield wipers. Like for them 24 hour races, when it starts getting a bit dark, you turn on your headlights, and when it starts raining, turn on your windshield wipers.

4) Region oriented tracks. For example, you would travel to different countries racing their tracks. Like if you traveled to America, there'd be two types of races, Circuit, and Street (like Laguna, and New York, respectively). Travel to Japan and it'd be the same thing, Circuit and Street, and maybe Mountain (like Suzuka, Hong Kong, and Akagi, respectively). So it'd sorta be like traveling around the world competing in all sorts of races.

5) Not damage per se, but something along the lines of a damage meter would be fine. Like how much the damage meter has on it would indicate how much you spend, or if you max it out before the race is done, then you'd be done for that race. Sure, it'd be a pain in the butt, but it'd separate the men from the boys :sly: .

6) Racing grids that closely match your PWR, and no car restrictions. That way you can take your favorite car and enter it in all the races, instead of having to buy one car to enter only one race.

That would be my ideal GT5. Now if it actually happens, I could only hope for...

ya i forgot a few things...drifting/d1gp events which i thought were supposed to be in gt4 already in some form or another. it would be awesome to drift against AI or do 2 player drift contests and also to battle others online.

another thing was the drag racing. i thought this also was going to be in gt4, but of course it is not. doing this online and bet money or whatever would be fun, as well as doing 2 player drag racing perhaps.

Wow, GT4 is so flawed and there's so many things I hate about it... yet I've been addicted ever since I first touched Prologue. There are a few things I could live without if they got other things right, like skidmarks.
I think the biggest thing that needs to be fixed is the AI/collision physics. I'm tired of always dodging the other drivers. I don't know about you other guys, but I like for my replays to look good :) I could live without actual modeled damage, but it'd be nice to see cars roll, spin, do donuts, and have pile ups on the track. Like instead of seeing the damage, the cars could just lose functionality in certain parts. Like in the Codemasters racing games (TOCA, Colin McRae) you could lose certain gears in your transmission or even have the engine completely go out. But seeing the kind of fanbase that the GT series has to cater to, I doubt we'll see anything like that. Speaking of transmission, I'd like to have a neutral gear as well as being able to shift into reverse. A gated shifter and clutch pedel support would also be nice, but KY says he doesn't want to implement that until they can get the perfect steering wheel system for it, such as like force feedback/cable driven pedals.
Sound for the most part is pretty nicely done in GT4, I think. Well besides the fact that there's like absolutely NO deep bass. I know the sounds are there though. If you take any muscle car, mute the music and sit the car in any open area without the crowd and turn up the volume quite a ways, you can hear all the V8 power that lies beneath. If that sound engineer didn't cut out all the bass and low range tones, the game would sound almost perfect. Well, besides no convincing collision sounds and bottoming out noises and shifter thunk on the more tuned cars.
I'm sure there's a lot of things I'm forgetting, because I complain about 75% of the time I'm racing, but enjoy it the whole time. As for right now, I wish there was at least a online mode or at least a better implemented networking mode so that my friends and I can have a nice LAN party with all of our racing wheels. :) Oh well, here's wishing Papyrus can fulfill my pipe dreams and make a GT type game for PC. I don't know if I'd ever return to GT if that happened. :P

GT_Fan2005
the folks at the PS2 forum have a different idea

http://uk.playstation.com/user/forums.jhtml

some idiot had the idea of 48 hour endurance racing, what a prat, not real not in GT.
Pretty crazy, but an 24hr championship series seems a little less "intense"(Lemans,Spa,Nurb,Suzuka,pick another). As long as it was worth 5% of the game and awarded 5 cars and 5 million dollars with 4x B-Spec and pit in saving possible.

I would like to see more restriction to the beginner racing. Like you could own a (Im on about amateur racing here) car which could enter a Group A Cup which means you can only use original engine up to 2.0litres, and at the far end Group F Cup which is much faster cars, like Any modification allowed, V8s mainly etc.

Better sounds - this is a must for me - I dont want every car to sound peuny - In this game a muscle car sounds like.. Well like a Go Kart o_0. And old beasts of a cars, set to slightly rich. Of course I assume this maybe due to liscensing and them not wanting they're cars to sound "dirty" but "smooth and perfect".

alech
  1. There should not be only one microchip you can fit in your engine . And it should be programmable , unless it's a car with traditional carburetor , which has no electronic injection at all.

This was what I was talking about. but not just fuel rich/lean, but adjust spark timing in or out as well. This thought was based on the fact that recently I took my 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 into the shop for the 100000 mile checkup, and they had to adjust the computer chip due to wear over time. The spark was actually late, and was not buring the fuel properly. If you could adjust the settings ingame on the chip, you could manually adjust the car if you were say at Pikes Peak or Grand Canyon to run at those elevations, and change the fuel mixture and spark for something at sea level. While regular cars don't notice much difference in performance. Crew chiefs with a technophile at the helm of a laptop plugged in to their Rally or F1 will notice the difference if the race car is racing at 10 feet of elevation and at 7000+ feet elevation. but again these are only opinions on what you want to see in GT5.

Again thanks to everyone who has posted :) cept those few that think this thread suck and have made their opinion known... to you I say.. go buy nfsu2 and leave the GT to professionals. not that I am a professional...

Ink

the most important thing in my veiw is the AI. what happend to the vastly improved ai that was supposed to be in gt3 and now in gt4 they said opponents that will get you back for nudging them off the road. also what makes me the most mad is the only way to get one of the ai's cars off the road is to hit them at 100 and launch them into the wall, it would be so much better if you could actually spin out a computer racer, also they shouldnt be like bull dozers, like if you are on the inside of the line and they are on the outside they just come right in and they can hit you into the grass even if i have the wheel turned all the way in the other direction

one more thin. tcs and asm shouldnt come with every car, like a 1970 charger r/t didnt come with a traction control and active stability management. i think only you should be able to buy it for some cars and others come with it

I am kinda hit and running... Have not really looked through all of the posts...
These are mine ^^
I want to be able to at least switch factory paint. I am pissed that I am stuck with whatever colour I get.
I want reverse lights. Just a nice detail to have.
I would like exaust... I seen racecars pull hard, and they are faaaar from clean.
I would like strict regulations in some races, like power, weight...
Multiclass races... Like in Le Mans, or the JGTC.
I would like to set up my own autox. I was pissed that the only autox action was in a test.
Boost controllers.
Race Modification.
Yeah, so those are mine! Have a good one!

umm has anyone ran out of gas yet? yeah when u do u can still drive at 50mph, that needs to go.

and i haven't ran my tires this long yet in GT4 but in GT3 i rand them 10 lapes ofter they turned red (at test corse) and NO blowout!

and damage would be awesome

Definitely drag racing would be nice- even with funny cars and that if possible
Dyno tuning
Race team maging, start a career and continue it
Different tuning availabilities eg. different stages of nos and supercharging
Sponsors that give you some of their performance parts

Oh and don't get me wrong, the guys at gran turismo whatever have designed great games every time- but there's always room for more. 👍

Thing I want to see other than the better AI and damage.

-Engine replacements, I hate when my engine looses power maybe I am the only one but I should be able to buy a new engine for any car in the game. I have lost 50hp on my 4.5mil Audi R8 that took me two hours to get the money for.

-Expansion of B-Spec capabilities, I really like B-Spec. It makes me feel like a crew chief and it certainly helps out in the longer races. I would also like to see a faster speed increase option. After the 24hr or Nurburgring I was pretty much turned off with this game. It took me 9 hours to do that race. I could probably play GT4 for 9 hours straight, but not on one course. Maybe expand B-Spec to something that is akin to the franchise capabilites of Football and Baseball games. I would really like that. Of course it is always an option so those who don't like, simply don't use , problem solved.

-Supercharger choices, Come on one supercharger? At least give me three if that is at all possible. Or allow me to install new pulleys to up the boost.

-6 cars sucks except for small races, I really want to see a much larger field than 6 cars. It gets real lonely out there at the front.

-Sound, Please take actual recordings from all the cars in all rpm ranges and more recordings from modified cars. I really hate that a 700+hp vette sounds like a tin can ricer at full rpm. I was standing no less than a foot behind a C5-R when it started up and believe me, I couldn't hear for a little bit.

-Oil change and car was animation, yeah let me skip that crap because I don't care to watch ****bag magee go under my car or touch my half million dollar mclaren.

-Overview of progress, A lot of games have this. It basically is a screen that allows you to see every single race there is in the game and maybe a little placeholder next to it with the trophy that you have won at that race if you have won at it at all. A "progress tree" of sorts.

-Tuning, most of us don't know what the hell we are doing with the tuning. So as a suggestion either make it more obvious what happens when we play with the suspension or add and auto tuner (like in the transmission) or a tuning facility (like the oil change) where we take our car and spend 1,000 credits to have it tuned for a certain type of race or a certain track. Or you could implent a quick way of tuning right from the garage without loading up a track because I simply find tunes on the internet and then plug them in.

-Car sorting, for me personally I would like to be able to sort my cars in folders or something of the like. I would put all my JGTC cars in one folder, all my rally cars in one folder, all my skylines in another etc. etc.

Oil change and car was animation, yeah let me skip that crap because I don't care to watch ****bag magee go under my car or touch my half million dollar mclaren.

LOL so true

However I don't agree with your last point, I think a main purpose of GT is for you to learn how to set up the car to win.

I'd like to have check boxes in the tuning section where you can buy multiple items at once. Buying each mod at a time and having to click OK 2-3 times for each item is highly annoying.

Inkil mentioned speeding up the tuning process. This whole, save after each purchase is annoying. I have to admit, I think this is the ONLY time PD should be like nfsu2. When you setup your graphics in nfsu2, you set it up and you purchase it at the END. The entire setup that you changed, not piece by piece .

This sounds like a nice way to have the game save everytime you change your car, and yet speed up the process as well.

The only thing I'd like to see added (though I admit this would be very taxing on designers and programmers) would be body kits for some cars to make different downforce modifiers (i.e. different types of kits for different situations).

i would like a paint shop were you could put different racing colours onto any car and racing mods , also you have the option of buying every racing car in white so you could apply your own colours e.g martini racing colours on a audi r8 or a toyota gt1

i could live without damage, it would be cool but it takes so much we might lose graphical qulaities elsewhere.

I'd like to see certain mods have NO effect unless certain other mods had ben performed, ie. Better brakes having little effect unless better tires are equipped. I guess I'm really looking for some synergy between upgrades. I also think you should be able to combine NA upgrades with Turbo upgrades--you can IRL. You could find combos that give you better torque or peak hp than maxing either one out. And I think engine mods should affect gas mileage. And I'm sure someone has already mentioned including Callaway, Lingenfelter, Henessey, and Saleen as tuners, among others from places besides Japan.

One thing: change the physics engine to remove that gravitation of your car towards the track. Right now every car, even a mini, behaves like it has ground effect. They should remove this effect, then cars would behave properly over bumps and in cambered corners (I bet Nurb would become a whole lot more challenging).

Right now you can do things that in real life would have your car barrel rolling probably half a dozen times, but in GT4 you just lift 2 wheels off the ground and come back down again.

Oh yeah! I think you should be able to purchase an in-house shop. No more going to GT auto to change oil and stuff, and you can buy upgrades cheaper because you have your own mechanic. But it would have to cost big bucks, or require getting sponsored by winning mission hall or license type races where you have to really drive, not just upgrade and blow the competition away. In fact, you could get your mechanic sponsored by different companies depending on which cars you choose to use. I think that would be awesome. And while you're having an engine upgrade or lightening done, you're car will be out of use for a few days while they do the work(whether you're doing it yourself or paying full price at the tuner's shop). All making the experience more real, and letting you develop relationships with your favorite manufacturers.

DumpValve
And for me:

- Skid Marks
- Day/Night & Weather Transition (it'd be nice to get some rain).
- Reverse & Turn Signals (Not needed in racing, but it'd be nice).
- Ability to create own races, where you pick the opponent grid yourself (Arcade Mode only).
- More than 6 cars in a race, 12 would be nice but the more the better.
That and:
-Specified drift races,
-Specified F1 races,
-Properly see-through windscreens on the cars,
-More visual modification for the cars.
oh, and get rid of those time penalties on the rally and mission races, they really annoy me.

Latest Posts

Back