Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Well. mostly the same, but 3 big ones for me.

1. Better AI, goes without saying, simple avoidance routines and senory routines would be a huge help by themselves.

2. The same physics model for AI cars as for player cars. I have been turned around, pushed off and driven out of line by 900kg hand grenades while driving 1600kg muscle cars. Ludicrous.

3. Maybe just a personal gripe, but how many teams could afford to race if they had to pit every 3-10 laps???? Even b-spec on 1 needs to pit for tires and or/fuel about 2-4 times as often as a real car.

gery
junkyard which sell engines.i think it will be very cool if i buy ford ka and change the engine with v8 from gt40

except an engine that size wouldn't fit inside a Ford Ka unless you put it in the back like on the clio V6

oh and include brands hatch full and Bathurst

I'd like to see torque steer be added to the simulation. Floor the gas in any car and even if you spin the wheels, you drive perfectly straight. That's not right.

The ability to do doughnuts, and full burnouts.

I'm not a ricer or anything, but a HKS Hyper Silvia should be able to do both, easily.

Gary.

I agree with most of the above: My top 10

1. More cars on track (at least 15) With different car classes (ex. you should be able to place first in your class even if you lose to the leading car, etc.) This would be real nice for the endurance races :-)
2. Intelligent artificial intelligence
3. Damage, (flips, spins, crashes, rolls, fire, lost wheels, tree crashes (rally) engine RPM blows, etc, etc)
4. Real-time weather and daytime/nighttime changes
5. Racing schemes available for all cars
6. Announcers for more in-depth feel (seimens)
7. Authentic in-car view with driver animation (co-driver for rally)
8. Better sound, clutch engagements, transmission noise, brake noise, etc.
9. Skid marks, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on
10. I wouldn't mind having the ability to race against cars from my own garage in arcade mode.
Graphics can stay the same for all I care, there is much more to realism than eye candy. Intricate, tiny details are what impose veracity.

i agree with what everyone in this forum has mentioned
plus i would like
different music hate the rock and pop
able to switch to night mode for all tracks even the nurburgring
wouldnt mind hydrolics
and NO MORE DELAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just going to add a vote for more real life tracks ( seabring ect ) and full mod option so we dont have to buy every part each car IE. street mod gives you all the first level mods for cars with both NA and turbo have a pop up option listing the diffrences in hp and tourque. then theirs the simi racing mod all level 2 mods ect. bring back the full racing mod with the new paint and decals ect. hp limits for races this feature seemed to be more competitive than current ways of limiting the field if all the cars have roughly the same hp ect then the races should be more realistic and competitive. on F1 cars hmm im a bit mixed on this they are fun and all but they are a competely diffrent racing class than GT

The ICSCC Race Groups are:
Group 1 - A-B-C-D PROD, SPO, SPM, SPU, PRO3, Sport-BMW
Group 2 - E-F-G-H-I-J PROD, CR, Pro-7, SM
Group 3 - Club Ford, Formula Ford, Formula Libre, F2, Formula Atlantic, Formula Mazda
Group 4 - GT1-2-3, GTA, GTP, AS, ITE, RX7
Group 5 - ITA-B-C-S, GT4-5, E-F-G-H IMP PROD, RS
Group 6 - Formula Vee, F440/500, S-2, CS2, Baby Grand (GTB), A-B-C-D-E-F Sports Racing
Group 7 - Novice Closed Wheel
Group 8 - Novice Open Wheel

if your going to use F1 cars then make a F1 game for them IMO

and finaly on endurance race i personaly dont like them alot of people do however and i can accept them in the game especaly with b spec option however even in b spec a 24 hour race still takes forever and i personaly dont want to have to baby sit my ps2/3 for that long

Ild like to comment about the collision damage idea ...

First off, I dont know if it has been mentioned already, but the biggest reason why it wasnt implemented was because of licensing issues. As you must realize, a large part of why Polyphony was able to aquire the licenses for so many cars is that the the manufacturers view the game as a marketing tool, and as a matter of fact, it does that job very well. At least some of the manufacturers in the game did not want potential customers to see what their cars look like all banged up, so non-damage was in their agreement.

Second off, the current collision model for the game uses a bounding box, which is quite easy on the processor. If a realistic collision-damage system were to be implemented, at least during collision, a per-polygon collision detection system would have to be implemented. This is a much heavier load on the GPU, but that is not the extent of it. In addition, at least one set of structure model and skeleton would have to be implemented in per-car, which means another bit of processor time being taken up.

In addition to all that, there are a couple other things that would suck processor cycles, but I wont mention those.

In regard to the original topic, I would personally like to see internet-play the most in GT5.

Ahhh....And one more thing... GT5 should have some kind of technology implemented to add tracks to the existing disc. Perhaps after a particular track is completed, PD could make a CD to be downloaded and saved to your memory card (or whatever method is most efficient) for in game access. This would be a good idea for car models as well. I think GTR for PC has this feature, and to say the very least, I like it... 💡

i dont know if anyone has said these or not.

the ability to do race customization in GT2 was good but how about making your own, choosing what you put on it or even choose from a massive range of real life race car paint jobs, (falken mini anyone?) more real life race tracks (all 19 F1 circuits would be nice). Better rallying, point to point rally stages with ONLY you on the stage like real life.
Have varying grid sizes, 20 in F1, 52 in GT, and there must be 100s of cars participate in the nurb24 irl.
COCKPIT VIEW, with steering wheel and fully functional dash, also with cockpit, take off all OSD, thats what the dials are for, sat nav with a map of the track in the modern cars and in old cars it just tough luck, window wipers in the rain, maybe even multi cockpit angles, drive from the driver seat, passenger or between them (rally TV style).
Btter engine sound, much better engine sound please. 3D rotational view of car, i want to walk round the car, open the bonnet open the boot, doors etc, and the look of the engine should change as well, when you install a new exhaust shouldnt it look different?
more setting to play with, turbo pressure, tyre pressure, starting fuel.
Correct fuel properties, petrol differ to diesal, realistic MPG, dont reset fuel after every race, go to the GT auto and pay for your fuel, like the oil change, you should have to get your own fuel.
More people in the stands, there hardly any in gt4.
When you win a grand prix or endurance race or a long race in a championship, i want too see the pit crew or team on the pit wall celebrating the victory and a guy with a chequered flag too wave you home.
1st person podium celebration.
Realistic car prices according to region, TVR tuscans do not cost 90k, they cost 44k.
The ability to wlak round the race track, sounds like nothing but, so did photomode, wouldnt oyou love to walk suzuka ahead of the race? i would.
More freedom in arcade, choosing how many opponents and what the opponents are.
Real Time 24 hour race, e.g. if you start the race at 10pm, in game, it should be 10pm so you start racing in the dark and it gets light in the game as it gets light out of your window.
I want to be able to turn the headlights on and off, indicators, fog lights, hazards, window wipers, even the in car radio, TRUE smiulation.
As well as wheel rotation according to the car, if the car doesnt go 900 degree dont let it.
cruise control?
Real tyre makes, buy your tyres from michelin or pirelli rather than nismo and hks, brakes from brembo, suspension from bilstein.
Oppurtunity to open car windows while racin and have realistic wind effect and noise.
True reliability, if its not reliable in reality its not in game.
Better car options, e.g. on websites you can create your own car, take ford for example.
choose model, mondeo, choose type, st220, choose engine size, 2.0tdci, choose colour, blue, choose rims, interior options and then price the car accordingly.
Be allowed to walk around realistic car showrooms, go to BMW and be able to walk up to the car take it for a test drive in a town with trffic, try before you buy type thing.
Use car auctions, bid on the used cars.
Officialy licensed used car sections? get a better deal from auto trader than exchange and mart?

i think ive let myself go there :scared:

i hope not all of it has already been mentioned i know some of it will be but these are my ideas and would make the prefect racing game, of course with all the car weather and god knows what else along with it:P

PORSCHE PLEASE RUF SUCK

Super specials and point to point rallying.
More old style road based tracks (far more interesting than modern 'tracks') Pescara, Solitude-ring, Montjuich Park, Rouen les Essarts, the list goes on (its no coincidence that the finest F1 track, Spa, is one of the oldest).
Aerodynamic stability failures (quite like the idea of flipping a car at 200mph)...
Dynamic date related weather conditions (I'm guessing its not sunny and dry most of the time at the Nurburgring in January).
Pace cars/flags after accidents, and penalties for infringements (stop/go, points deducted etc).

i just read taki's post and that is a prime example of what i'm talking about, when i say i want better physics. I don't know if you could make a car do the "wheelie trick" in real life, but if you did a wheelie at 200mph in a race car, that car is going to take off a la CLKGTR@lemans.

And as someone else mentioned....the whole being able to do a burnout and never having to worry about losing the back end of the car becuase it decided to be in front.

There are definitely some tracks that should get in before this, but I would like to have Daytona/Talledega instead of Test Track for the Like the Wind type races.

Taki...
Super specials and point to point rallying.
More old style road based tracks (far more interesting than modern 'tracks') Pescara, Solitude-ring, Montjuich Park, Rouen les Essarts, the list goes on (its no coincidence that the finest F1 track, Spa, is one of the oldest).
Aerodynamic stability failures (quite like the idea of flipping a car at 200mph)...
Dynamic date related weather conditions (I'm guessing its not sunny and dry most of the time at the Nurburgring in January).
Pace cars/flags after accidents, and penalties for infringements (stop/go, points deducted etc).

Great post. 'Dynamic date related weather conditions' is a GREAT idea.

I would like to see point to point races, now that would be great. Need For Speed (possibly all of the series) has some good point to point races. This I think would be a great addition, although not huge, for gt5. Just race from point a to point b, no laps.

Hrm.... day/night cycle....changing weather conditions....randomly generated track that continues as long was you want or a present distance....um do race cars even have turn signals? and why do you need them on a race track, its not like youre gonna tell someone youre about to pass, and whats with reverse lights, isnt the point of racing be going forward?

Toyota Prius race where you get only one tank of gas and try to see who goes the farthest!

Hockenheim Long.

I want a paint shop, i'm tired of winning a car with a weak paint job and working again to get a better paint job, getting disappointed yet again. Maybe there can be win-exclusive paintjobs that you can't get from the shop, or you have to win extra paint jobs. I'm not asking for vynals and bodykits, just different paint jobs

also, a mileage percentage counter, that'd be cool. And a in-car camera, showing hands turning the wheel, windshield wipers, incredible details... And crash damage. We are talking PS3 here, who knows.

How about a true director mode, set cars to travel a specific line (or drive them yourself) and choose to point or move cameras around ANYWHERE the scene. There could be endless opprotunities for this, the next photomode. (being I want to be a film director, i would love this, but others might not find this as fun. *sigh*)

wasn't there previous version of Nurburg? I'm sure they've gone through some changes, I'd like to see the older ones.

How about real-time weather, like if It's rainy and night-time at nurburgring, it's rainy and night in the game. If there's a volcanic eruption in seattle, there's a volcanic eruption in seattle. if there's a tsunami at Fuji... This would require an internet connection, but who knows whet PS3 might have (built in wireless lan and internet?)

what about user-built tracks, like we did with excitebike? Man, the possibilities. I can see a true One Mile Loop like in the gorillaz video "19-2000" we couldn't do it on the PS itself, but if we made them on our computer, the PS might pick it up off the internet, or borrow it directly off the computer. Again, who knows.

How about extreamly rare cars? Hear me out, here, this one is a bit odd. What if you can earn a certian car on this disc, but not on the other? then the only way to get these rarities would be to trade for them on the internet. This would mean there would be several different versions of the game circulating at the same time, and you never know which you'll get. just a thought

I know you didn't want to hear about cars, but I have to say this: Baja Rally cars, rally trucks, dune buggies, racing trucks, and real trucks (international, mack, peterbilt...) forgive me

Well, the thousand people that have posted in this thread so far have prety much covered everything, but I guess it cant hurt to put in my two cents.

No.1) The Physics Model: The most important thing to the GT series is to have the most complex accurate physics model that the PS3 can run. More important than detailed interiors and underbodies. More important than more cars on the track, or changing weather/day and night transitions. I want to be able to know if I can do it in GT I can do it in real life and vice versa. I want real life settings to work like they do in real life. I want to be able to do a dougnut or pull a wheely, and not because of some plug-in that tells the game to do it, but because the actual physics model interprets the information put through it and responds accordingly. An all inclusive physics model that also responds acurately to contact, both with walls and other cars. Where they can spin you and you can spin them, and off center impacts dont send you bouncing strait back. I think GT has heald back on the physics for the average gamer, not wanting to make the game unaccesable. If Gt is to be a real driving simulator then the physics should Rival the acuracy of the computer sims. Cant handel it? then you have the option to turn ON asm and tcs systems to help you. not in the tune section like a part on the car, but in the options menu like the training wheels they are.

No.2) AI that recognizes your existance: Ai that will race along side you instead of pushing you down off the track if your on the inside at the apex, or shove you up into the wall if your outside on exit.

No.3) more realistic tuning: The NA tuning in GT is so redicolous. you simply cant get that much power out of an NA engine. also, you can equip turbochargers and superchargers to any car in real life. I want to in GT. and perhaps the stupidest thing about GT4, You cant equip superchargers to any car that comes with one stock. only NA cars can take Superchargers. and I have noticed Japanese cars tend to tune farther than other cars, even those that can be turbocharged.

No.4) Engine swaps: Yeah so maybe we cant expect to dup any engine into any car, but engine swaps do happen in real life. Instead of having engines from other cars to put in, what if their were a build an engine option. first you would specify the block. Inline, V, Boxer, four, six, eight, ten or twelve cylinders. then specify displacement either unlimited or through a reasonable range. you could decide weither it was an OHV or OHC. two valves per cylinder, four, six. Turbo, super, or NA. And then modify them with the parts available in the cars manufacturers tune shop. Just an idea.

Here's my GT5 requests, aside from Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, & even more licensed race cars:

- Online mode.
- Much improved & dynamic AI.
- Even more realistic graphics, more accurate engine sounds needed.
- Car Damage affecting car performance (if not total, at least crunched hoods, fenders, lights, etc.)
- Cockpit view w/accurate dash, gauges, etc.
- More Customized engine mods/functional body parts/wheel + sizing, etc. that show on car (ability to turn street cars into full race or something in between truly making cars unique). Maybe build your own wheel and body parts system!!!
- Paint shop (if not custom colors, at least any available color).
- Drag racing events added. (ability to build drag specific cars)
- Realtime weather/day effects.
- More in-depth A/B-Spec modes, make it meaningful w/rewards system.
- More cars in certain races.
- Realistic dyno for tuning would be nice.
- Get rid of autosave function, load time during mods, wash, oil change, etc. Bring back LOAD GAME option!
- Ability to setup custom races. (cars, tracks, etc.)
- Ability to choose exact prize car & color. (can't stand redoing long races until I get what I want)
- Ability to download latest car models online w/maybe an additional charge $$$ per car. PD & manufacturers might work out some kind of royalties deal to make this possible.
- Unlockable GSX-R superbike for 100% completion maybe based on Suzuki GSX-R/4. who knows maybe polyphony will use it to market their next project...
MotoGT. The Real Riding Simulator. ;)

- They could leave the damage if they did a better job at stopping wall riding and bouncing. All this talk of realism, and the first thing people do is bounce off walls and opponents
- bring back single view replay in multiplayer arcade mode!
- better AI. nuff said
- I'd also like to have the option to qualify any race
- Race tires would have been nice in all races, but I understand the lesson they're tryin to teach us ...
- AI opponents in mulitplayer arcade (provided they get more intelligent)
- More in-depth B-Spec. Like the pit-crew radio idea. And multi-dimensional instructions, not just faster/slower. How about your driver remembering instructions per track section?
- Paintshop, yes please
- real-time environment changes
- realistic costs of cars. Why should we repeat certain races a million times with our winning car just to afford that expensive one. Maybe the answer would be in resell value. 100K+ worth of changes and it still sells for 2K ???

PS: Although not realistic, I actually like that cars don't flip/roll - keeps u in the race. Most annoying in other racers when you make 1 slip after many laps, and you're out. This has been a trademark from GT1

everything that i would like to see has been pretty much covered. dyno tuning a car would be a huge plus for me, being able to add larger injectors for instance cuz ur turboed beast isnt gettin enough fuel. paintshop or something along those lines would also be great, as well as maybe bodykits (not the ones for nfsu either) i mean like top secret, signal auto and hamann bodykits for instance. also, like someone mentioned about building your own car on a manuf. website, there should be something like this in gt5. of course the weather, day-night and all that should be added as well as damage (with the ability to turn off-on).

1. Qualifying sessions
  2. Practice before and after qualifying sessions
  3. Option to SAVE a lot of settings for your car , as it was in GT1. Each car needs a different setting , but each track needs different a setting for each car : ex. Super Speedway vs Cote d'azur ...
  4. Shortcuts keys . At least , one to get straight to the main screen.
  5. Only a few version of the same car. Can you really feel the difference between each of the dozens of skyline ? But even 3 Fiat500 are too many.
  6. A decent AI. I think GT4 is even worse then GT2 as they don't try to pass you on the "final straight" but just crash into your back .
  7. A-spec points should be shown before you start the race ,maybe while you're adjusting the setting or changing the components , to make your race as challenging as you wish. By now you have to start and exit if it's too hard or too easy.
  8. There should not be only one microchip you can fit in your engine . And it should be programmable , unless it's a car with traditional carburetor , which has no electronic injection at all.

I'd like to see limits on the amount of power cars can have to enter a series - especially in places like beginners hall and the manufacturer events.

whow so much of what i had though has been covered here but there are a few additions id have to make kinda extending on some issues suggested by other members...
since we dont know nothin really about the ps3 im not gonna go to extension discs own music etc but i agree there should be more variety in the music, now:

- gt 2005s idea was great chose ur car and then go on to engine but also be able to chose a body style if u got the 330i license u got it for the convertible coupe and touring too.

-going in the same direction pleeeease give us the rims that the manufacturers provide themselves! i dont want dubs or insaine rice tuning stuff but for example an optinal amg package, m package or something like that. all genuine manufacturer parts fo aerodynamics rims engine etc.

-adjustable track and more realistic tuning!

-t-tops, targas, convertibles open and close the roof prior to the race

-give us stage tracks - to this day i loved nothin more than the coastline stages in nfs 1 (i know its arcade but that was at a time where none f1 sims pretty much didnt exist). take real life roads eg highway one or southern france's cote d'azur coastline country roads

-and what happened to the physics theyre great and i understand that stock versions maybe handle better than in life so the tuning version will be controllable but putting a stock ZR-1 aka king of the hill into a turn full throttle not having any effect on the location of the rear axle:)??!!! please! the stock GS in gt3 was a B$^%H and i loved it because mastering that WAS the juice...would love to see that come back

-loading times etc wont be an issue with 5 i dont think other than that everything i could come up with has been mentioned. great thread!
thanx for not talkin about 'i want the 1985 whatever version of my favorite car'!

i got more suggestions, but this post wont be as long so you wont be here for half an hour reading them ;)

scrap the licenses, we done them loads and they are just getting annoying and boring now.

At the start of the game, i would want to design a couple of tracks, or even have a seperate CD which allows you too create your own circuit, not a crazy *****d up one but a decent circuit using everything from the game, tarmac textures, stands, etc.
The FULL nurburgring, with the GP track.
Transparent windows, i would also want an option to choose how many people are in your car according to the car of course.
STREAKERS! running onto the track in the middle of a race!
Drifting races, like D1GP.
Physics, real physics, rally cars should feel like rally cars, F1 cars hshould feel like F1 cars.
less fictional city tracks and more real city tracks and world circuits e.g., keep monte carlo as its real but scrap hong kong, get the shanghai street track, adelaide etc.
small aesthetic tuning, not ricer, but racer, like JGTC, DTM, BTCC style body mods.

thats all

Back