Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Hello everyone, Here come the truth. I'm a new member but not new to this fourm. I have all series of GT. I have GT4 and is about 60.1% into the game. So, I'm reading alot of folks think the next Gran turismo should have Crash Dynamics. I don't really know if you guys now what your asking for. If Crashes we enabled in the game, you wouldn't win not 1 single race. There is no one who can say they played any of the GT series and say they never hit a wall. So, with that being said. Let say you start a race and hit a wall on your first corner and your car get's damaged. I mean, front axle is smashed in. How can you continue to race and expect to win. As far as Crash dynamics goes for this game or next. It's fine without it. Keep in mine you can only fix a car that has twised metal after a race. It would be unrealistic to get that fixed in a pit. On another note, It probably would be fun to see that happen, but knowing "PD" They like to make the game as realistic as possible. You will not win, ever. NO CRASHES, Besides the cars look to pretty to mess up and you what they say. Once a car been fixed, it's never the same.

What I would like to see in 5 is
1. Weather and day changes during racing.
2. Showing of soap and water while your car is getting cleaned.
3. Up to date Rims (Good lawd) There is some good ones in "Today's special", but all the dealer are from GT3. We need new one. I like dressing my cars in good looking shoes.
4. B-SPEC (There is a god, I want to thank all the haters of B-SPEC) B-SPEC IS FOR THE DRIVER WHO PUT THEY WORK IN ON 3-A SPEC. That brake is for us. If you didn't finish or don't have GT 3 - ASPEC. Get off the fourm. And now I didn't go B- SPEC CRAZY. I have 7,5442 A-spec points and only 2,423 B-SPEC points.
5. A lot more American Cars, (good one's - Not Neon's) I know we are not suppose to talk about the car, but what else is there. Then again, I'm going to answer a lot of people questions. Why is it more Japanese cars then american? Who made the game...................
6. A place where we can paint and decal our cars, Like in the first GT. I LOVED THAT OPTION.

hkstuned
when you win you should be on a stage getting the price you've won :sly: and being escorded to the ride that will be yours. that would be extremely cool :cheers:

in that case i want race girls :sly: but not on rolling starts :ouch:

Automotive
If Crashes we enabled in the game, you wouldn't win not 1 single race.
Why is that?

Automotive
There is no one who can say they played any of the GT series and say they never hit a wall.
Probably true.
quan lot nu do boi nam cao cap xe day du lich ao so mi nu thoi trang cong so chup anh nghe thuat cho be
Automotive
So, with that being said. Let say you start a race and hit a wall on your first corner and your car get's damaged. I mean, front axle is smashed in. How can you continue to race and expect to win.
Thats the point, you shouldn't be able to win races that you crash in.

Automotive
You will not win, ever.
How would damage prevent you from winning when you do not crash? The only way what you are saying makes any sense is if you crash in every race and you think everyone else does also. That is not the case, I would guess that I crash (excluding lightly brushing a wall that only cause body damage) once out of every 6 or 8 races and I am sure there are people alot better then me at this game.

Last edited:
syclone538
Why is that?

Probably true.

Thats the point, you shouldn't be able to win races that you crash in.

How would damage prevent you from winning when you do not crash? The only way what you are saying makes any sense is if you crash in every race and you think everyone else does also. That is not the case, I would guess that I crash (excluding lightly brushing a wall that only cause body damage) once out of every 6 or 8 races and I am sure there are people alot better then me at this game.

Syclone,
You mean to tell me if GT4 would of had this crash dynamic enable to where your car can get totaled in a race and you doing "Opera of Paris" in "Extrem hall"
you don't think you would loose. How could you turn a corner or the wheel at all.
It would be like you stuck in the sand. Ok, case & point, Why do you think they added the "Refreshner plan"? Have you drove a car without one, pretty crappy right. That's what it would be like damage. Drive a used car in a equal race with it supped up, but without the refresher plan. I bet you fight like hell to win. Crash Dynamics & Gran turismo don't mix like grease & water. why do you think they never made that opition available. Other racing car games have that crash dynamic, but do they add up to Gran turismo - I think not. I'm a big car fanatic and Gran turismo is the best driving series on the market. It just wouldn't work with Gran turismo style. You'll be real diappointed if the put that in there. I bet ya!

I'm an old racer who can no longer afford to go real racing. GT is a godsend for me and helps me get my ya-ya's out and keep my sanity. I love it but....

I WANT

More tracks, More tracks, More tracks.

There are plenty of cars. I want more tracks. At least the classics from each country, like:
Road America (this one especially), Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Spa, Imola, Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Interlagos, etc. They should have done Road America instead of Sears point (or whatever they call it). Road America is the best track in North America (picture a 4 mile version of the Nurburgring and you got it).

No more phony street courses! There's enough! Unless it is real, like Long Beach.

If it weren't for the addition of the Nurburgring I would be totally disappointed in GT4. Suzuka is great too but the other Japanese tracks are a bit blah.

There needs to be better competition:

Six cars would be enough if they were all competitive and capable of winning. Of the six cars in a field there are usually only one or two cars that are competitive. They need to act more normal too. They shouldn't run in a pack and fight so much with each other. Jeez.

Its too easy to win with equal cars to the AI. I realize that the six car races may be a hardware limitation of the playstation. Too graphic intensive?

In GT3 I discovered about a half dozen race track/ car combos that were really hard to win (like driving the Corvette race car against the prototypes at Midfield backward). I found myself only doing these races because nothing else was challenging enough to keep my interest.

The AI seems to be a little better. They don't rear-end you and do as much really stupid stuff, but the AI cars still do some squirrely stuff. Arrgh!

I like the idea of the AI cars treating you as you have treated them. Show some respect and they will return it. Be a slam passer and expect to be slammed back at the next corner.

Racing in real life at the top level is really, really hard. If this is to be an accurate racing simulator then you should be able to crank up the difficulty level so it is super hard to win. I need a challenge!

My step-son turned me on to the difficulty setting in the world circuits in Gran Turismo mode last night and it seemed to be better. I haven't really determined how much better it is yet. Why isn't this available in the arcade mode?

Crash damage should be optional. Seems to me you are on your honor here. If you are a slam passer then what's the point of engaging in this activity? I always try to win without even touching the other cars. Hard to do when they are so erratic and don't extend normal racing etiquette though. I berate myself mentally if I lean on the other cars.

To sum it up I want more authentic natural terrain roadracing tracks and more realistic difficulty.

I'd like to see replays able to be uploaded like photos in GT4 through and USB stick. It's a pain having to boot my Max Dive disc every time I need to get a replay.

trancer
I'm an old racer who can no longer afford to go real racing. GT is a godsend for me and helps me get my ya-ya's out and keep my sanity. I love it but....

I WANT

More tracks, More tracks, More tracks.

There are plenty of cars. I want more tracks. At least the classics from each country, like:
Road America (this one especially), Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Spa, Imola, Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Interlagos, etc. They should have done Road America instead of Sears point (or whatever they call it). Road America is the best track in North America (picture a 4 mile version of the Nurburgring and you got it).

No more phony street courses! There's enough! Unless it is real, like Long Beach.

If it weren't for the addition of the Nurburgring I would be totally disappointed in GT4. Suzuka is great too but the other Japanese tracks are a bit blah.

There needs to be better competition:

Six cars would be enough if they were all competitive and capable of winning. Of the six cars in a field there are usually only one or two cars that are competitive. They need to act more normal too. They shouldn't run in a pack and fight so much with each other. Jeez.

Its too easy to win with equal cars to the AI. I realize that the six car races may be a hardware limitation of the playstation. Too graphic intensive?

In GT3 I discovered about a half dozen race track/ car combos that were really hard to win (like driving the Corvette race car against the prototypes at Midfield backward). I found myself only doing these races because nothing else was challenging enough to keep my interest.

The AI seems to be a little better. They don't rear-end you and do as much really stupid stuff, but the AI cars still do some squirrely stuff. Arrgh!

I like the idea of the AI cars treating you as you have treated them. Show some respect and they will return it. Be a slam passer and expect to be slammed back at the next corner.

Racing in real life at the top level is really, really hard. If this is to be an accurate racing simulator then you should be able to crank up the difficulty level so it is super hard to win. I need a challenge!

My step-son turned me on to the difficulty setting in the world circuits in Gran Turismo mode last night and it seemed to be better. I haven't really determined how much better it is yet. Why isn't this available in the arcade mode?

Crash damage should be optional. Seems to me you are on your honor here. If you are a slam passer then what's the point of engaging in this activity? I always try to win without even touching the other cars. Hard to do when they are so erratic and don't extend normal racing etiquette though. I berate myself mentally if I lean on the other cars.

To sum it up I want more authentic natural terrain roadracing tracks and more realistic difficulty.

I like that Idea of having the Crash dynamics optional. It pleases everyone.

Automotive

I have not done the Opera of Paris in Extreme hall yet so I can’t comment on that.
ao chip do boi cao cap xe day doi vay lien cong so nu ban buon chup anh quang cao
Being able to damage your car will only punish people who cheat or make mistakes, I don’t see that as a bad thing, obviously you do. You say it would be like a used car without the refresher plan but it would have to be about 50 times worse then that or what’s the point?

Last edited:
NO RALLY MODE - I cant understand why they put this in, it takes a completly different skillset to race on the dirt than it does to the road, its just a pain. Why not make a gran turismo rally version and a gran turismo road version..

sandbox mode - As many of you had suggested, i want to be able to plonk whatever cars i want to race on the grid (please more than 6) and race them,

qualifing - whats the deal with no qualifing, it makes a necessity to have a overpowed car to win those short races.

Smarter AI- It's an embarrasment that the AI is this weak after the 4th installation of this franchise.

nuff said. This is GT's weakest link.

up loading pics to usb mem stick
get rid of roof cam... i thought it was going to be a bonnet cam :(
coffee
better navigation...
but I cant complain :)

Get rid of roof cam?? What's wrong with you? If you don't like it, don't use it. I think it's perfect.

I would like to see a "learn" feature, where you could do something like a time trial and "teach" your B-Spec driver some of your techniques. Might be tricky to program, but not impossible.

Tenacious D
I would like to see a "learn" feature, where you could do something like a time trial and "teach" your B-Spec driver some of your techniques. Might be tricky to program, but not impossible.
Something along the lines of that- definiteley a more advanced system to make your B-spec driver have really noticable improvements.

GtFord05
I think if you hit a wall head on at 200+ your race should end, because no car can take that, let alone a person

Great!! At 200mph you'll probably be killed!!! :crazy: Your GT Career mode would end you then you would be forced to restart a new game?........maybe thats taking it too far?

Ok I didn't read the hole thread but the Title got my attention.

I want the following:

Full working lights. Reverse, brake, fog, lights at the back and fog, normal and big lights at the front. You have to put them on/off at any time you want.

Skidmarks (and they have to stay on the track till the end);

when it raines you have to see wipers;

Cars have to get dirty when driving in snow or dirt so that car wash really makes sense;

More and realistic tire smoke when doing a burnout;

Helicopters flying in the air, traffic driving on the bridges or other roads that are not closed due the street circuit. Boats, waterscooters when you go past the sea;

No blind walls. You have to fall off at the cliff on the Grand Canyon track and have to restart the race.

I can't come up on more things anymore at the moment.

Bring back the car specific championships.. Altezza/ Type R.. Use your marketing there instead of the 'Tuner Village' which is a waste of space.

Add at least a single race that involves all the cars... A game with 700+ cars doesnt really do a good job of making me want/need to drive them. If thats just too many races to program then cut down on the cars.. Gt3 seemed to have plenty.

Paint.. Yes, please.

Ricer stuff.. No Thanks

Sponserships (i know i know this isnt NeedForSillyUpgrades) would actually serve a purpose in this game. Perhaps you were offered a shot to drive the Supra in a Rally race for a few championships that were different from the preset ones. Team Mclaren wants you to drive thier F1 for a 16 track season. If you dont want it.. Dont take it with no penalties. Theres some Nascar drivers that cross-over into open-wheel and this game strives to take racing to a grand scale. Lets round those square edges a bit.

Its not hard to create a random track list generator at all. Its basic programming. Why does everything have to be so preset. Most championships are so hum-drum after a few races. Just mixing up the track order or throwing a random one in goes a long way in replayablity... Also you could get 100% more than once and get a different experience. Id find it interesting to enter a championship and not really know what I was about to get.. of course when you can't practice and qualify on location that would get annoying..

Add a dynamic weather machine on top of this and .. yes you have a racing situation. Schummacher has been beat by rain before, I would think a racing sim could offer the same agony. Pray for rain in Brazil and hope you can outlast the competition... Rain tires anyone?

Stop being so Nissan biased.. Please. Notice the Supra was shut out of new car sales.. Even in the classics.. Whats the whole purpose of the Supra.. to compete with the 350z? 50 skylines.. See a pattern here?

Stock cars wouldnt be a bad idea. (Nascar type). Remember Andretti Racing that did both open-wheel and stock? Already have some high-speed rings and making a few oval tracks
wouldnt be that hard.

The thing that blows my mind about the AI is when you are doing lisence tests you have to push so hard to get past the Pace car. Its possible, but you gotta haul arse and you dont want to because you Fail. I guess HP capping things helps eh.. Could we not bring that back from 2 in some races?

Why does a ps1 title have so many superior features over a new technology based game like the UI in general. Click/load/click/load is just unessicary.

One small thing.. Can i please name my tuning settings when i cycle through the little tabs. Im not complaining at all about the addition of them.. Thats something I've been waiting for since 2 was announced, its just A B C doesnt always translate into SPEED, GRIP, LOOSE.. and more tabs always helps...

Id like to be able to try to cram a Hemi into a Vitz just for fun. The transmission wouldnt last half a lap, you would have to drive from the backseat, and the axle would crumble, but options when *((building))* cars would be fun.

Whats up with cars you cant drive or sell.. ? Thanks for making me run the Sunday cup 100 times to get a decent car to move on. I don't mind, but its kind of an evil trick to think I'm getting a car that I might be able to do something functional with and get some spaceship with wheels that sits in my garage and collects dust... Did Jay Leno ask for that to be implemented too?

Lots and lots of stuff I like about 4 , but i have sour grapes with a few small things. Not gunna stop me from playing it for a long time though.. We are all addicted to this driving simulator and all its counterparts and hopefully they will look back at the PS titles a bit for inspiration more in the future and see what they did right instead of trying to redesign the wheel just cause they know we will buy it...

Visible damage- you have to pay to get it fixed.

time and weather changes- you have to change tires when it starts to rain etc.

better sound effects. -about haf the cars in gt4 sound the same!

less japanese cars!!!

more american and british cars!!

no 24hours things.

better AI

in-car view (with instruments and optional furry dice or magic tree)

improve the rally races (i just keep hitting the wall but the AI can do it perfect!)

no nike or special cars!!!! WTF is the point!!!

more photo mode options (its great but add more to it, i dont know wat, JUST MORE!!)

.......and lots more i cant think of.

My above "teaching" function suggestion would work rather well, assuming it was coded properly, if it was implemented in a series of "strategy sessions," sort of like the license tests. It could be set up with a series of specific situations, like navigating chicanes, overtaking cars, things like that. If you thought your B-Spec driver lacked in a certain area, and of course he will, take him to the track.

I agree, Tenacious. I think someting along the line of getting a very little more brains for getting bronze in the license tests, a little more for getting silver, and more brains for getting gold. It would be too tedious to have to pass separate but very similar sets of license type tests--one for licenses, and one for your b-spec driver. I don't think most guys get golds on their licenses--it's way hard, and especially in GT4, the gold cars are just collector pieces, not great stuff to actually use. Silver is plenty, and gives me cars I actually want to drive. I may get all golds eventually, but I'd be a lot more motivated if it made BOTH of me a better driver.

I like that idea but as long as there are not as many, i couldn't stand doing 80 license tests for me and my B-Spec driver id go insane.

syclone538
Automotive

I have not done the Opera of Paris in Extreme hall yet so I can’t comment on that.

Being able to damage your car will only punish people who cheat or make mistakes, I don’t see that as a bad thing, obviously you do. You say it would be like a used car without the refresher plan but it would have to be about 50 times worse then that or what’s the point?

Hey Syclone, What's going on. I just read your message. Damaging your car would be punishment to the one's who cheat, your right. What I was trying to say is that I think if they added this to the game where you can't turn it off, 80 -90% of the time you will loose. People don't realize something about GT. Not only
do they have the 5 second penalty in the rally, but in tuff races like "World championship" in the professional hall on a pacific track like the "Suzuka raceway"
there's tons of dirt around the corners. When you pushing you car (don't matter which) 100's/mph and you happen to hit the dirt. You will be penalized by time. The game wouln't take nothing away from you, but this is what makes you loose.
So you see, you really need to have Crash Dynamics for cheater to get punished.
All they got to do is hit the dirt, and with a car that can be unstable during high speed with the tires going out like that (Minnolta 887) If you touch the dirt with one tire while braking, your going for a spin. So the game is already made up with penalties and punishment for fast cutters. I'm not one of them. Look around on this board and see how many people can't pass the last championship in the professional hall, way too many. I'm currently in extream hall with 3 races to go.
And the only way you get there is by beating pro hall. Plain and simple, They should make Crash Dynamics an optional thing. It pleases everyone.

running starts for the le mans tracks!! instead of count-down to start, count-down to running to car, then start (so you'd have to hold down brake if you want to get your rpm up at the start) ai runner is fine.

also, PS3 should be out by the time GT5 comes out... so it should be able to do a hell of a lot more, SO: decent online play would be cool, pit crew that gets better (faster) as b-spec points go up, and a way to set up 3 (or more) screens per PS, are there any cockpits out there that rumbles like the controller? if not that capability would be cool. and hot chicks holding trophies like in Ivan "ironman" Stewart's Off-Road (anyone remember that game?!), also implementing a navigator/wingman in rally races (this could be a buddy on online mode with a headset saying "hard left! hard left!" or it could be an AI with prerecorded phrases, custom decals and paint jobs and body kits, and ability to upload your face (like in tony hawk) and racing team logo (hey how about putting a space bar where you type in your name so you can call yourself "team slomo" for instance?), and ability to choose your team's uniform colors from a selection of different color combos, oh and the ability to switch between cars you have in your garage AT the tuning track. i figure they could have done all this with ps2 technology, but with ps3 they have no excuses on skimping out on online play, etc...

I would really really like my lap records pooled into a record book. Similar to the test run in GT3 but more global in simulation mode. I know we have time attack, but sometimes you are just 'on' and it would be nice to know which car, when , and where you got 1:20 with X car in the X championship. A top ten list would be a *great* benchmark to go around when tuning and doing other races.. after you get to the point where AI is just 'there' I end up trying to beat my times but I have to write them down in a little book.

mangadrive
Bring back the car specific championships.. Altezza/ Type R.. Use your marketing there instead of the 'Tuner Village' which is a waste of space.

Um...what? Those races already exist, as well as dozens of others of their type. Are you sure you've played this game? :dunce:

DeepPurple
...which were sorely lacking and less Japanese cars. The Skyline is a good car, but 30 examples? Why are there only 4 Aston Martins. Surely the company made more. As for Bentley, Jenson and Triumph etc; all with just one model in the game

I haven't been on this message board long, but is "Japanese" a common abbreviation for "japanese" on this board or in auto racing lingo in gerneral? seems very offensive, negative connotations....not that i think you meant anything negative by it, but it could definitely be taken the wrong way -i find that 'Japanese' and 'nip' (short of nippon) are the japanese equivalent to '******' (short for negro) -- it could really piss somebody off. i don't know, maybe it's just me.

The usual suspects...
More tracks - such as Guia in Macau
Less cars - by that I mean less variations of cars like Skyline GT-R and Evo. I love the GT-R but I don't need 20 million variations of it (hopefully that can free up disk space)
Damage - may not be visual damages, but at least some performance degregation
No rolling starts - at least no rolling starts without practice laps. 5 sec in a 2 lap race is a lot of ground to cover
Carjacking- oops, wrong game

as exciting as it is to express our desires on the next GT installment, it becomes more and more depressing because it is so futile. PD wont give a damn on what this, or any other forum thinks. Theyll keep on doing what theyre going to do. Hell, im sure they already thought of many of the great ideas here while they were making GT1, plus several even better ones. Of course they want to make the greatest simulator, there HAVE to be some sort of practical constraints that non-employees are unaware off that prevent them from incorporating certain things. Expecting too much only makes it more depressing when certain hopes are dashed once the final version comes.We should give it a rest and place our confidence in the good people of PD. :indiff:

but hey, im just a new member, so all of you can just ignore this post and keep brainstorming away!

...one thing though, the hells up with 40 of every damn japanese car(sCkOyUlGiHnSe), 30 slow ass crap-mobiles but only a handful of bimmers and rufs?:banghead: are license restrictions by the car or by the company?

Back