Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
id like them to scrap the rally sorry and leave that for colin mcrae or something like that and focus on the roads and damage.

-Improved wheel and tire customization. I think it's frustrating to have to repurchase wheels. You should be able to keep a collection in your garage that you can swap onto different cars.

-Paint. You should be able to change the color schemes of all cars, including used cars.

-Improved engine and exhaust sound. The bass needs to be increased, especially for the more powerful cars.

-A deal really needs to be worked out with manufacturers that haven't allowed PD to include their cars in the game. Ferrari and Porsche, especially, are two of the most influential forces in the history of the auto industry, and yet they're absent. It just doesn't make sense.

-Real-time weather. Someone posted earlier about an idea that incorporated the PS3 to access weather information for specific geographical areas online, and that GT would set the weather as such. I think that would be a fantastic idea, and one that PD and Sony could definitely work out. It doesn't have to be too specific, but region-wise would be adequate. So if it's raining in the western parts of Germany, then German tracks should have rain, etc. If your PS3 is hooked up to the internet, then GT could auto-check a weather site that's run by PD... one that monitors weather in the areas that the game exists in. And for those who don't have an internet connection, there could be an option to have the game computer-decisive weather. It could definitely work.

-Day-to-night changes.

-Background/history information profiles for each car.

-A more detailed process for tuning your car. Better descriptions of how each modification affects its actual performance, and not just the performance of any car in general.

-Equal representation of cars. For a Skyline enthusiast, the game is perfect. But what about someone like me, who enjoys having access to specific versions of all sorts of cars? I'd like to drive a 94-95 E-class Mercedes, but the only thing close is the 190E. And even that is strictly a race version. A better representation of more common cars--cars that regular people actually drive--would be awesome. That way we can drive and own our dream cars, but also drive and own the cars that we actually have. I'd love for my garage to have a full scale of cars, including the one I drive in real life. And for that to happen, there needs to be a trimming of the amount of models that are of more than 3 platforms.

-Improved realism of the worth of cars. Car prices should be proportionate to the mileage put on, etc. So if I buy a $24k DC5 Integra Type-R, drive it for a day and then decide to sell it, it should be worth a lot more than $5k!

-Better error/bug testing. From spelling mistakes, to practical errors like Lexus being in the "America" section, while Acura is in the "Japan" section... the game needs to be cleaner. This is a game that people spend an extreme amount of time on, which means they focus on a lot of what's presented on the screen. So simple things like spelling errors, grammar errors, technical-statistic errors, etc, should definitely be eliminated entirely.

New features I'd like to see:

Racing Line Editor: I want a way to plan out a racing line, where I can modify break points and acceleration points and see the resulting changes in time/speed for the car I've selected. I'd like to be able to give said line to my B-Spec driver as a general guideline for B-Spec races (so that B-Spec would actually require some skill and knowledge of the track), and I'd like to be able to lay the line down on the track as training on practice laps much the same way that similar lines can be laid down on the early license tests.

Arbitrary Start / End Points on Practice Laps: I'd like to be able to specify where I want to start and end a practice lap. Ideally I could specify anywhere on the track to start and stop, but at the very least, I'd like to break it down to a specific split. It is a pain to have to spend several minutes getting to a point where you can practice the final turn on a circuit like Sarthe and Nurburgring, and when you finally do get there, chances are you're too far away from your last ghost to really be able to get useful information.

There`s one thing I`d definately NOT like to be in it: Those GOOFY-ASS RALLY RACES!! They also can leave out worthless junk like the `79 Autobianchi Abarth & 1864 Conestoga wagon. I could come up with a list of at least 200 other piles of crap that shouldn`t be in it, but probably will be. Sucks.

GrandpaLonghair
There`s one thing I`d definately NOT like to be in it: Those GOOFY-ASS RALLY RACES!! They also can leave out worthless junk like the `79 Autobianchi Abarth & 1864 Conestoga wagon. I could come up with a list of at least 200 other piles of crap that shouldn`t be in it, but probably will be. Sucks.

1864?

Attachments

• caution.jpg
    caution.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 35
A real world, where you go to the dealerships, go to tuning shops, go change to the maintenance shop, and you go on the highway everything, like Forza, you would select a region NA, EUROPE, ASIA and if you have a race on a outside of your region track you'd ship your car, it'd cost money, etc.

What would really be cool is when your car flies up in the air instead of doing a wheelie and coming back down it actually flips over and when it does a whole emergency crew comes out and gets you out of the car and puts the flames out if there are any and takes you away on a stretcher if your hurt. That would probably be kinda pointless to put that in the game but it would make it realistic.

And also maybe add some announcers to.

I would rather see a lot less cars and more details specific to each car. I still believe that it shouldn't be too difficult to have 5 or 6 different generic dashboard styles for certain types of car. For example dashboard, dials etc. for each of the following; road car, classic 70's, touring, rally and LMP cars.

I've been playing in photoshop and created a few very rough alternatives 💡

Attachments

• Dials 1.jpg
    Dials 1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Dials 2.jpg
    Dials 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Dials 3.jpg
    Dials 3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Dials 4.jpg
    Dials 4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 89
davidg1230
I would rather see a lot less cars and more details specific to each car. I still believe that it shouldn't be too difficult to have 5 or 6 different generic dashboard styles for certain types of car. For example dashboard, dials etc. for each of the following; road car, classic 70's, touring, rally and LMP cars.

I've been playing in photoshop and created a few very rough alternatives 💡
Creating own cars, like o i need to have a little fin over there, and that you really can feel and notice the difference(just like your a F1 Team)

I would love to see actual streets with moving cars, and working stop-lights and stop-signs. That would rule.

DumpValve
It wouldn't be Gran Turismo then...

And for me:

- Skid Marks
- Day/Night & Weather Transition (it'd be nice to get some rain).
- Reverse & Turn Signals (Not needed in racing, but it'd be nice).
- Ability to create own races, where you pick the opponent grid yourself (Arcade Mode only).
- More than 6 cars in a race, 12 would be nice but the more the better.
Definately Skid marks 👍 Why didnt they include the easiest thing in the game to make and animate?? :crazy:

I'd like to see a new statistic: Number of times you would have flown off a cliff to a fiery death but our invisible walls saved you and let you win that race.

I’m not saying that all this list should be in GT5 but almost half of it can be done.

01- Faster on the curbs and smarter AI;
02- Day -> Night transitions and Weather effects like rain, blizzard, etc;
03- All famous real circuits and city courses (F1, DTM, Endurance, Drag Strips, etc.);
04- No more special cars!;
05- More detailed physics (tire pressure and temperature, brake temperature, etc.);
06- Damage system (not visual, just like the one in Sport Car GT, just a degradation in performance), and pay to fix the mess you did;
07- More information of the car like the use of replays to create graphs of the lap that shows tire pressure (inside, middle, outside), Suspension travel, fuel consumption, etc;
08- Damage of parts of the car due to wrong settings (a car too low can damage the bottom of the car and the tires because of bumps in the track);
09- Races with full grid just like in real life;
10- A better field of cars to race against, more limits to the cars that can enter in the race, HP, Tire, etc. but specify this limits, not just sport tires but N1..N3, S1..S3, etc;
11- A Calendar based set of races were the races have a date in the year to appear;
12- A time and usage scale to the parts of the car, like blowing a engine for overheating or over revving or mileage, buy tires regularly because of wear (no more infinite tires), replace the suspension, form time to time, etc.
13- I'd like to see more F1 models old and new, Indy, Nascar, drag, etc;
14- A minimum of 10 Laps in big circuits, 15..20 in small ones and 2 or 3 in Nurburgring (no more 2 lap races!);
15- Customizable difficulty settings for AI speed, aggressiveness, etc. (like in the Nascar games);
16- Determinate the fuel load before the race;
17- The use of real units in the car setting;
18- Use of a real fuel unit and each car having its tank capacity
19- A real working dyno (like the one in NFSU2);
20- External modifications depending to the parts that you add, like half of big twin turbos coming out of the hood, or the big blowers of a supercharged engine;
21- Adjust the dimensions of the wheels of the car independently (Front/Rear), I’d like to put smaller wheels in the front of a old muscle car;
22- See the adjustments in real time and the function to simulate bumps to test the suspension travel like in LFS;
23- A wheel that not only have 900o of rotation but a clutch and a shifter (like the act-labs RS shifter);
24- Be able to repaint the car after you buy the car;
25- Cockpit view with Dials, gauges, lights, windshields that get dirty and switches to turn on/off the external lights;
26- Car detailed information and history;
27- Rally courses not circuits and rally courses should be more open;
28- Back with the wheel collection from GT3;
29- Dynamic track temperature during the day and/or night racing;
30- More control over the replays, fast forward, rewind, stop, slow motion. Just use the soccer games replays as a example;
31- Full screen replays in the 2 player battles and the choice to add as many AI cars as you can.
32- Skid marks and leave some of the colorful paint of your car in the walls and other protections on the track;
33- In arcade a option to create a race where you chose the cars you’re going to race, the track, the weather and if its day or night.
34- Every race in GT mode, single or championship, should have a practice option and a qualify option.
35- Qualify and practice should be limited based on time or laps <- better;
36- The option in GT mode to choose your car from a list before you enter in that race;
37- Sponsors in GT Mode to help you out with the expenses, and add the logos in your car.
38- The ability to save in the middle of the race, for the endurance races;
39- The cars should have different needs and costs, like the time to change the oil and the price;
40- More aerodynamic enhancements and the ability to customize them. Change the height of the rear spoilers and visual aerodynamic enhancements in the front of the car;
41- A more complete physics engine where the car can flip and do burnouts and doughnuts.

and

blu3s™
Better Sell Values

- If you sell a car with so many miles on it you get less/more cash than the same car with more/less miles. Or you could get more for selling cars with upgrades.

Enhanced Lightweight/Aerodynamic Modifications.

- The ability to pick what lightweight mods you do. Carbon Fibre bonnets, boot lids, ect... as well as professional aero kits. Im not talking like.. the Steet Fighter custom kit for yer honda civic, im talking real race worthy C-west™ and the likes brand aero kits. You know the ones that provide an actual purpose.

Geez after spending the last half hour reading through this thread I can't really say anything that hasn't been siad before but for my two cents I would like to see:
Better AI - even NFSU has decent AI
bring back the hp readings at the beginning of the race so youcan match up accordingly
more real life tracks (sebring, etc...)
I am kind of on the fence about damage maybe they make where you can turn it off if you want to.
engine swaps
bring the race mods from GT1 & GT2
random weather,
better variety of cars a gazillion skylines aren't needed.
paint jobs
Maybe they could do gran turismo mode as more of a career mode where ala TOCA

Home: When you choose 'Aspiration' from the menu in the garage it shows one type - either NA or Turbo. Should say both for cars that are both and just the one for cars that cant have Turbo or NA. (i know that most cars that are NA are turbo etc but some arent).

Tuning: Gear ratios; Although there are auto set-ups, in GT2 pressing one of the shouler buttons sped up the slow process.
The descriptions that scroll along the bottom of the part that you are tuning are far too long winded and could have easily been added somewhere on screen as a paragraph.

On shortcuts: a shortcut to the manufacturer from Home would be nice. As well as all the shortcuts that were in GT2.
If someone didnt know to press 'start' while on the home menu (it doesnt say it anywhere) to access the car tuning section then you would have to enter a race section each time, and without the shortcuts its quite annoying.

Racing views: In GT1&2 there were 2 out-of-car views; one close the other a bit further back. I like it close but when you in a car that has a HUGE spoiler i.e. the Escudo you cant see around it properly!

Seen some other suggestions above and i like the idea of skid marks and unpredictable weather (maybe just in endurance races) and bring on that optional car damage!!!!!!!!!

The 10 things that would be great in GT5 are:

1. NASCAR Trucks
2. More Tracks (including Daytona 500)
3. NASCAR Race Cars
4. Motorcycles
5. Car Damage
6. More Parts for cars
7. More money/race
8. At least 8 cars in regular modes
9. 40 cars on NASCAR tracks (Real world)
10. Smarter AI Drivers

Additional:
1. More cars
Sony should include trucks, vans, sedans, coupes, etc.
in Gran Turismo 5!!!

I agree with Hitandrun about the outside car views. The further away car view from GT2 was & still is my favorite. I also agree with Hitman`s last post. I`d like to see the ability to buy huge displacement ups at least for the American cars. For instance, be able to have a 540, 572, or even 632 cubic inch torque monster big block in the Chevelles, Camaros,etc. And where was the big block`Vette this time around? :confused: How about some manufacturer showroom races for Ford? 💡 They have heard of Ford, right? HELLO? :boggled:

Back