This game has become a joke

• Thread starter dave2319
  • 35 comments
United States
United States
dave2319
And forcing all complaints into one post is lame.

Online play is abysmal at best, hopefully it's greatly improved for ps4 but I doubt it. GT online has been quirky for two years now

Online play is abysmal at best, hopefully it's greatly improved for ps4 but I doubt it. GT online has been quirky for two years now

So is that how you view games? Only by the online? Like theres nothing else in GT? Okay.

The online may not be the best but for someone like me who doesn't even have good internet it goes pretty well, open lobby wise so what if the issues are partially your fault and partially GT's servers fault?

The online rooms frequently kick players for now apparent reason. Frequently you can't see every player in the online races. One person sees 4 cars on track someone else sees 9. Lots of issues with intermittent mics that I never see on ps4.

Biggest issue is invisible opponents and rooms kicking players or everyone at random. Mostly happens during high traffic times.

I thought this was common knowledge to online races, lobbies frequently have all kinds of issues.

As far as offline the current lack of updates and previously announced gt vision cars never getting patched in is concerning.

The online lobby issues have been going on for months and months

In my experience something happened about four weeks ago resulting in racing on a Sunday becoming virtually impossible. For me 99% of the enjoyment from GT6 comes from online. I have hosted a series of online championships every Sunday for nearly five years and never had to cancel a meeting until four weeks ago. This problem has affected all the members of my race room for the last four weeks regardless of country or broadband speed so I am convinced that the current network problems are the responsibility of Sony / PD.

This is a very poor service and I will not be buying a PS4 and paying for the monthly PSN fee unless people report a dramatic improvement.

In my experience something happened about four weeks ago resulting in racing on a Sunday becoming virtually impossible. For me 99% of the enjoyment from GT6 comes from online. I have hosted a series of online championships every Sunday for nearly five years and never had to cancel a meeting until four weeks ago. This problem has affected all the members of my race room for the last four weeks regardless of country or broadband speed so I am convinced that the current network problems are the responsibility of Sony / PD.

This is a very poor service and I will not be buying a PS4 and paying for the monthly PSN fee unless people report a dramatic improvement.
It's also affected Saturday races as well, we've experienced 4 postponements in the last 5 weeks just because of network issues. Even the GTPSS Bathurst 12H had to be moved because they were also hit by network instability, which is really telling since a lot of people watch the live streams of those races.

As far as offline the current lack of updates and previously announced gt vision cars never getting patched in is concerning.

I agree with you on this. I have a peeve about all those empty slots with long gone promises to be filled.

As for the game itself I love it and have become addicted to it also.
I also like the regular Seasonals PD gives. Keeps things interesting and something to look forward to.

GT6 is a joke online is utterly unplayable pd are completely neglecting there loyal customers and havent fixed any of the continual problems, and I wont be getting gt7 if they carnt maintain gt6 I am utterly disgusted by the glitch riddled and incompetent joke that I have found myself the butt of! I am not there cash cow! ive bought every gt game since day one but I will BOUYCOT GT7

Just be thankful that you can actually play it!!!! I have been unable to play it ever since update 1.12/13, the 2155mb one, I get continual fails on the install part.

Needs some more in depth explanation of how it could be better, otherwise this is just nothing but bashing on the game.
hes not just bashing the game! have you tried to play it on line ... week after week moth after month year after year my nights have been ruined .. its a joke poor beyond belief that such a massive company can be so poor and fix nothing ist an insult not guna buy gt7 because of it.....boycott gt7

If you played the game you wold know exactly what he talking about

If you read more carefully you would know that it has got nothing to do with this. Creating a whining thread just to say that it would be lame to fill it with something is a bad practice, especially when there are already a handful of other threads dealing with general whining, the server problems or online problems in general.

^ Not sure what the main thread is for this but -> dave i've been having issues for ages and so have most people I know. All the problems you mentioned. And you can't blame anyone for making such threads as it's a pervasive & extremely frustrating problem affecting a lot of people for a long time

BUT...and i know i'm just 1 person...it seems it may also be tied to your ps3's performance! I used to have the old fat ps3 for a few years, bought 2nd hand. Long story short I got a 2nd hand slim one from cex once overheating issues meant i couldn't run it for even an hour, and HOLY ****. i thought no this must be a coincidence, must be a good day, and again i am only 1 person it may have just been luck online BUT since I've had it on from last Fri, it has only disconnected ONCE from a room, and that was a room with no signal bars that was booting everyone. Every other room (!!) i've been able to see everyone (and keep seeing everyone, didn't ever have to rejoin) and not had lag issues! I also used to get disconnected from psn every so often but that doesn't happen anymore either.

It's not a fix in the true sense of the word cos an old ps3 should not lead to this situation (and so many people are affected by this issue it seems as the ps3s are mostly quite old now) and afaik other games haven't "detrimented" this much on old ps3s but if you're able to, get a new used ps3, ideally one from a retailer so for example CEX sell them for about £75, including trade-in of your old, you're looking at a slim or superslim ps3 with a 6 month to 2 year warranty for about the price of a new game. Don't do what i did initially though and get a 12gb (since i only play this game, figured surely enough for that) you won't have space for all the updates!! It's not conclusive but feedback from others who have recently upgraded or refurbished ps3s would be interesting!

Recently we stopped racing online on Sunday's because of network instability problems / constant disconnections. Since switching our online racing to weekdays we have had no problems - our online experience has been faultless so far.

BUT...and i know i'm just 1 person...it seems it may also be tied to your ps3's performance! I used to have the old fat ps3 for a few years, bought 2nd hand. Long story short I got a 2nd hand slim one from cex once overheating issues meant i couldn't run it for even an hour, and HOLY ****. i thought no this must be a coincidence, must be a good day, and again i am only 1 person it may have just been luck online BUT since I've had it on from last Fri, it has only disconnected ONCE

I'm person number 2 it seems. GT6 was almost unplayable. I tried everything I could find online short of opening up the PS3 and nothing worked. A brand new 500gb slim and 45mbps internet have resolved my issues.

I'm person number 2 it seems. GT6 was almost unplayable. I tried everything I could find online short of opening up the PS3 and nothing worked. A brand new 500gb slim and 45mbps internet have resolved my issues.
My internet's the same, not fiber optic, on network connection test i get download 3.6mbps upload 691kbps is this bad or average? Am curious what speeds others are getting

My internet's the same, not fiber optic, on network connection test i get download 3.6mbps upload 691kbps is this bad or average? Am curious what speeds others are getting

That's not good. I'm on fiber optic now and get around 12mbps, and close to 22mbps using an Ethernet cable. Upload averages 4 to 5 mbps. Although my game was fubared offline too, online was a misery.

Not so long ago I remember reading about how improved and more advanced photography mode was going to be in GT7. Really? That's great for the photography fans, but this is a racing game. The new consoles are becoming old consoles and their still is nothing for ps4. Who knows when gt7 will be released, has GT Sport delayed GT7?

It's crazy there is no game for the ps4 yet, and it the new game comes with 800 cars with absolutely no interior except black nothing, well that's weird. I don't think I've seen a ps4 game with cars yet that didn't have some kind of interior. The creators seem out of touch, or riding on the coat tails of the franchise.

Or Grab Turismo fans are so loyal they are wearing blinders. I really don't mean to offend anyone with that comment, as I've been wearing the GT blinders for years.

If you are having problems with disconnects while trying to play online, blame your Internet service provider(ISP), not PSN, or the GT6 servers.

There was a problem late last year with PSN. The symptoms were: getting disconnected from the game and logged out of PSN at the same time. That could happen to anyone, no matter how solid their Internet connection was. That has been fixed.

I have been hosting a nightly room since shortly after the the terrorist group Anonymous caused The Great PSN Blackout of 2011.

It is always the same people that I see getting disconnected over and over again. It is not some PSN or GT6 server problem.

I have had the same disconnection problem a couple of times over the past several years, but it was always my ISPs fault. Once, after many complaints, I saw a Comcast guy working on a cable line on a telephone pole down the street. After that my problem was fixed.

My best advice for those of you getting disconnected would be call your ISP right away after being disconnected and have them ping your modem and do a "packet loss test". That will tell, both them, and you, if there is a problem with your connection.

Get your own house in order before you blame Sony.

Exept for
If you are having problems with disconnects while trying to play online, blame your Internet service provider(ISP), not PSN, or the GT6 servers.

There was a problem late last year with PSN. The symptoms were: getting disconnected from the game and logged out of PSN at the same time. That could happen to anyone, no matter how solid their Internet connection was. That has been fixed.

I have been hosting a nightly room since shortly after the the terrorist group Anonymous caused The Great PSN Blackout of 2011.

It is always the same people that I see getting disconnected over and over again. It is not some PSN or GT6 server problem.

I have had the same disconnection problem a couple of times over the past several years, but it was always my ISPs fault. Once, after many complaints, I saw a Comcast guy working on a cable line on a telephone pole down the street. After that my problem was fixed.

My best advice for those of you getting disconnected would be call your ISP right away after being disconnected and have them ping your modem and do a "packet loss test". That will tell, both them, and you, if there is a problem with your connection.

Exept for fact that my 2 smart TV's, PC, Samsung tab, ipad, 2 Samsung mobiles, 1 laptop & a Tivo box never lose connection :)
Yeh.... ok it's my service providers fault.
Also this never happened to me on GT5 & has only started happening on GT6 within the last 6 months. So yeh it's their problem.

Edit: before anyone says ("that's why you're getting disconnected, because you've got to much on your network") when I play GT6 everyone else is asleep so the only thing on is my PS3 & TV I'm using to play it.

Last edited:

Do you have problems if you host on a Saturday or Sunday evening? I'm curious because we found that racing on Sundays became virtually impossible a few months ago. After reading that PSN admitted that they have a capacity problem at peak times we gave up championship racing on sundays and switched to week nights which don't have a problem.

For those who frequent online gaming on both PS3 & PS4, are the PS4 servers poor too?

Wondering if this isn't a PS3 'slow death' type of thing.

For those who frequent online gaming on both PS3 & PS4, are the PS4 servers poor too?

Wondering if this isn't a PS3 'slow death' type of thing.

Supposedly, word is the PS3 servers will be shut off in 2018.

Supposedly, word is the PS3 servers will be shut off in 2018.

That should be fine because by then most of us by then would be on the new version of GT anyhow and by extension PS4. 2018 is still a good while away.

Exept for
Exept for fact that my 2 smart TV's, PC, Samsung tab, ipad, 2 Samsung mobiles, 1 laptop & a Tivo box never lose connection :)
Yeh.... ok it's my service providers fault.
Also this never happened to me on GT5 & has only started happening on GT6 within the last 6 months. So yeh it's their problem.

Edit: before anyone says ("that's why you're getting disconnected, because you've got to much on your network") when I play GT6 everyone else is asleep so the only thing on is my PS3 & TV I'm using to play it.
You are not likely to notice tiny disconnects from any of those devices.

Streaming videos buffer before they start playing. Web pages may load a little slower.

Keep in mind, when you are in a full room racing, your PS3 is sending and receiving data to 15 other PS3s.

Sony servers (PSN and/or GT6) are also in constant communication with your PS3. I am sure there must be some time threshold of being disconnected from the Internet that causes you to be disconnected from the Lobby Server.

My advice to anyone having constant disconnects, is to call you ISP right away, right after you were disconnected, and have them run diagnostics on your modem. That is what I did when I was having problems. They told me I was experiencing packet loss and began investigating. It took nearly a week but they found and fixed the problem.

My trouble was weather related. On cold nights I had trouble, but on warm nights everything worked fine. I never called to find out exactly what was causing the problem, but like I said, I saw them working up on a pole one day and never had a problem after that. My best guess is that the cold was causing something to contract and lose connection.

Do you have problems if you host on a Saturday or Sunday evening? I'm curious because we found that racing on Sundays became virtually impossible a few months ago. After reading that PSN admitted that they have a capacity problem at peak times we gave up championship racing on sundays and switched to week nights which don't have a problem.

I have not had any trouble in several months. The room was completely full this past Sunday night and I think it filled up the previous Sunday also.

There is the occasional room explosion (maybe once a week or so), where nearly everyone gets kicked after a race or after changing tracks, but you can see that coming as everyone will be loading for an excessive amount of time. When that happens, I leave the broken room and start a new one and everyone simply rejoins the new room.

Back