This July, the Super FR Saloon Championship becomes the TRIPLE-S CHAMPIONSHIP

  • Thread starter Thread starter designate-19L
  • 214 comments
  • 12,411 views

At 520PP, which tyre compound regulation would you prefer?

  • Sports Soft

    Votes: 31 62.0%
  • Sports Medium

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Sports Hard

    Votes: 11 22.0%

  • Total voters
    50
Right, next season, Skylines are in. In testing, my 300C was quicker than my R34, would you believe. The GT-R is OUT - set the quickest time on the bloody out lap...****er practically drives itself...

Hurry up Sony.
 
Right, next season, Skylines are in. In testing, my 300C was quicker than my R34, would you believe. The GT-R is OUT - set the quickest time on the bloody out lap...****er practically drives itself...

Hurry up Sony.

Done any tests with the Audi's? I believe the only ones that would fall into spec are the S4 '03 & S4 '98. Seem like they could be a little underpowered like the BMW 330i however I cannot be too sure.

Also, anyone found an Aston V8 Vantage '99? I'd love to give one them a go however they're a little on the sporty side - Still kinda look like a saloon (just about). Guess its comparable to the Mustang SVT cobra. Up to you 19L if you would allow it.
 
Done any tests with the Audi's? I believe the only ones that would fall into spec are the S4 '03 & S4 '98. Seem like they could be a little underpowered like the BMW 330i however I cannot be too sure.

Also, anyone found an Aston V8 Vantage '99? I'd love to give one them a go however they're a little on the sporty side - Still kinda look like a saloon (just about). Guess its comparable to the Mustang SVT cobra. Up to you 19L if you would allow it.

Haven't tested any Audis yet. There are also the RS4 and RS6 - they should be comparable to M3/M5.

The Aston, I'm afraid, wouldn't be allowed, since it is a grand tourer rather than a saloon, boxy though it may look (I say this, however if you really really wanted to run it, I might concede). The Mustang SVT is in the same class as the M3.

Meanwhile, thanks hackers, for being such party-pooping, rotten little c***s, ruining things for everybody. You're no better than ****ing Al Qaeda. Make yourself properly useful and just attack the cult of Scientology.
 
Haven't tested any Audis yet. There are also the RS4 and RS6 - they should be comparable to M3/M5.

The Aston, I'm afraid, wouldn't be allowed, since it is a grand tourer rather than a saloon, boxy though it may look (I say this, however if you really really wanted to run it, I might concede). The Mustang SVT is in the same class as the M3.

Meanwhile, thanks hackers, for being such party-pooping, rotten little c***s, ruining things for everybody. You're no better than ****ing Al Qaeda. Make yourself properly useful and just attack the cult of Scientology.

Aren't the RS# Audi's estates? Or have I just seen the wrong ones on the UCD? Ah I guess, I just look a look at it's boxy body and figured but looking again it does resemble a DB7/9 with a few less curves.

True that, bloody hackers ruining everything for everyone.
 
Estates can run, just as hatchbacks can.
 
News from Sony: when PSN is back up you MUST change your password.
 
Estates can run, just as hatchbacks can.

Oh damn, nice. Didn't realise you were allowing them. Will the series name change then? From FR saloon to something different?
 
Oh damn, nice. Didn't realise you were allowing them. Will the series name change then? From FR saloon to something different?

Super Sport Saloons - Triple-S.
 
Would be nice to participate. I want to race, race, race! Hurry up Sony :)
 
Any ideas for the reschedule? This Tuesday or just straight to Friday (obviously pending the day it's back)
 
Word is we could be back online Wednesday; in that case, we'll crack on Friday.
 
RIGHT! Come on Sony, I'm going cold turkey...ah juss need one moar het!!! *BMW M3 drives along ceiling, bonnet flings open, before the engine drops on top of me* AAAAARGHHHH!!!!

MONZA FRIDAY 6TH MAY.

I'm gonna do some running, and post my best time. You should all do the same!
 
I'll try and get on tomorrow evening to run a few laps, need to get the car set up for Monza anyway.

I'm going to have a shop about for a nice 4wd for next season, I'll run it by you beforehand if it's anything a little different from the norm.
 
I'm going to have a shop about for a nice 4wd for next season, I'll run it by you beforehand if it's anything a little different from the norm.

Think carefully about whether you want a 4WD, they're generally underpowered in a PP-limiter...

I ran Monza in the M3, did a 1.57.3something.
 
Man, this PSN being down is really getting on my nerves. I'm just about to test my C63 AMG so I'll post up my times soon.
 
I'm going to have a shop about for a nice 4wd for next season, I'll run it by you beforehand if it's anything a little different from the norm.

If you fancy a standard R34 or Evo X, I'll give you one. I'm thinking of running a Jag S-Type...

Also, what do people think of increasing the PP limit as well? Say, to 530 or so?
 
Beg pardon, the R34's a premium Nür.

"Oh just be patient, it'll come back when it comes back."

Well, that was my attitude TWO WEEKS AGO. Now this is taking the p155.

For God's sake Sony. You're on track to losing a faithful customer. Come on, you bucking fastards...
 
This is really becoming a p:censored:take. Come on Sony we are really getting irritated. I rarely get the time to play my ps3 because of exams but when I do I want to play online.
 
This is getting annoying now, hopefully it'll be up early next week. 19L can we change car before the Monza event or stick with the same?

I got a 1:59.58 with my 135i on Monza. I bought an Audi S4 & RS6 and got a 1:59.90 in the latter. Will we be able to use the 4wd/estate/hatchbacks for the Monza event or are we waiting until next season?

I was originally going to use the S type but I couldn't find one in the UCD, how does it perform compared to the M3? Now you mention it I might try out the other Jag (can't remember the name, you win it from the last top gear special event).

edit: 530pp would be good for the 4wds pretty much gives them equal performance to the 520pp FR cars. Although I only compared the RS6 and my 135i which is a pretty big difference between the cars stock.
 
You can change cars mid-season, but you forfeit all previous championship points, and start again from zero. This is still the SFRS - only next season (Triple-S) will there be 4WD. Also, I may yet even allow aero mods also, but see what we all think about that first.

My S-Type was a little slower than the M3, by about a second or so around Trial, and with comparable tuning/mod levels (ie. semi-racing). The other eligible Jag is the XFR (this, however, is a slightly heavier car, bear in mind).

Monza is postponed until the following Tuesday/Friday after the network is back online (...IF it ever returns...)
 

My S-Type was a little slower than the M3, by about a second or so around Trial, and with comparable tuning/mod levels (ie. semi-racing). The other eligible Jag is the XFR (this, however, is a slightly heavier car, bear in mind).

True, I might give it a try however I'm not too sure yet. At the moment I love the 135i still. It needs a few tweaks but it should be able to almost keep up with the M3.

I really want an S-type but the UCD isn't being my friend at the moment, whats the performance like on it? Compared to say, the M3.
 
Hi all, i recently changed my workplace and won't have time to participate i the championship. So with this post i want to be signed out of the championship. Ty hf racing.
 
Hi all, i recently changed my workplace and won't have time to participate i the championship. So with this post i want to be signed out of the championship. Ty hf racing.

Sorry to hear that, man. Perhaps see you again! Multumesc!
 
First is good news, PSN is on! hooray!
Second is - i've been started my work last week, and a work hour ends at 8:00PM UK time, so i can race only at 9PM :( i don't know if that okay with you, if not just tell me and i need to retire from this event.
 
I'm interested in trying this series racing.

But I'm pretty new to all this, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips about what cars I should consider - as a not great driver. haha. What I mean is I'll take stability over speed at this point. I'm not too concerned about winning because that's likely not to happen anyway. I'd like to pick a car though that won't be completely out of my depth. :dopey: So that I'm not a complete annoyance. ;)

For example, I love the Jaguars - lots of fun... but in the end, I'm absolutely terrible driving them! And I've not had much luck tuning a Skyline properly. haha.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips? Thanks! :)
 
I'm interested in trying this series racing.

But I'm pretty new to all this, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips about what cars I should consider - as a not great driver. haha. What I mean is I'll take stability over speed at this point. I'm not too concerned about winning because that's likely not to happen anyway. I'd like to pick a car though that won't be completely out of my depth. :dopey: So that I'm not a complete annoyance. ;)

For example, I love the Jaguars - lots of fun... but in the end, I'm absolutely terrible driving them! And I've not had much luck tuning a Skyline properly. haha.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips? Thanks! :)

I'm in a similar boat, I've only had the game about a month and a bit so I'm relatively new to all the tuning aspects. A nice car to have a try in is the BMW 135i, it's got the power but it's not too over the top. It's a little tail happy but with a half decent suspension setting it's no problem. It's not going to beat an M3 without some really good driving but I'll keep up. I managed to hold onto middle ground for 10 or so laps on the last event until my tires gave up on me and I fell back.

Finally we've got a race date, I've been waiting so long to continue with this. I take it we're still doing Monza and such?
 
Good to finally be back online. However, my oneninelima account has a problem, and PSN is supposed to send me an email about changing the password, but haven't got it yet, blah, blah. So from now on my username is S-987. Look out for PSN friend-requests from that name.

Watermelonpunch - I'd recommend either the 135, or the M3. Both are extremely well made chassis, with great stability and balance. Of course the little-trained driver will lose the back end sometimes, but that'll happen with any rear-drive car. You're more than welcome to enter the championship! Please take a moment to read through the original post for all the info.

Meanwhile, how do we all feel about racing at Monza tomorrow (Tuesday)? If we like, I could push it back to Friday, and we could just practice until then. Also, are we all okay with racing at 9 instead of 8?
 
Last edited:
Tuesday is good for me.
 
I'm good with today for either practice or the race, I'm in the same boat as you waiting for the email to come through so I can sign in. Just hoping they get it sent by tomorrow evening!
 
Thanks for help. I'm going to try the 135...

I will try to add new acct as friend.
Good luck getting e-mail. Did you get it yet? Took hours for me to get mine, and still haven't been able to change the password on my cat's acct yet. Got the e-mail, but then the link hasn't worked. Grrr. Takes time I suppose.
 
Back