Those Cars That Nobody Ever Cares About...

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 376 comments

Which type of car do you like the most?

• Premium Cars, always used online

Votes: 42 25.5%
  • Standard Cars, never really seen online

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • All cars, I like a little bit of both

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • I don't like any car in GT6 that much

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don't really care, as long as the car looks and sounds good.

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Poll

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys, please stop arguing over the Taurus. It won't be long before you guys get warning points, and an administrator may lock this thread.

Guys, please stop arguing over the Taurus. It won't be long before you guys get warning points, and an administrator may lock this thread.
It wasn't an argument.

Word in that sentence being "wasnt". The past tense, as used for events that were in the past

I used to own a 2003 1.6 Ka and now I'm driving a 207 RC and a 2008 Megane RS, all three cars are present in the game (GT5) but I've driven them like twice in all these years despite loving them in real life. Specially the Ka, mine had just over 90 hp and it was so much more fun to drive than the much faster yet sluggish Peugeot. The Megane is something else though.

Anyway, I probably never used them in the game because

a) The Ka isn't the exact version and it's one of the ugliest standard cars

b) The Peugeot's interior view is atrocious, the POV and FOV is all wrong and some of the textures look unfinished, plus the awful sound. And, the drivetrain and gear ratios are just too good in the game, they are crap in real life and driving it in the game just adds insult to injury.

c) The Megane isn't the exact version since mine is the 2 door version, the sound again is mediocre, the gear ratios are wrong. Good interior view though.

I own one in game.

Made it look like a police car (black with black hubcap wheels) and haven't done much to it. Wanted to keep the police (read: cheap) vibe when driving the thing.

Thats actualy a good idea!! I own one in gt6 aswell, i think im going to copy your idea :D

I think one candidate would be the SRT SRT4. It's a 4-door FF car, fully upgraded and it gets 560hp. Crazy for an FF car. It's not the most powerful compared to the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 which tops at 587hp, but it's a lot more easier to drive. It doesn't need to be fine-tuned extensively and yet it has amazing performance. Turn-in is very sharp, the brakes are excellent since the car can be lightened to 1150kg, and the torque is a lot more manageable compared to the Eclipse.

I think one candidate would be the SRT SRT4. It's a 4-door FF car, fully upgraded and it gets 560hp. Crazy for an FF car. It's not the most powerful compared to the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 which tops at 587hp, but it's a lot more easier to drive. It doesn't need to be fine-tuned extensively and yet it has amazing performance. Turn-in is very sharp, the brakes are excellent since the car can be lightened to 1150kg, and the torque is a lot more manageable compared to the Eclipse.
In GT5, I saw this car in 500pp races and Low HP drag races a decent number of times. But in GT6, it is rarely ever used online, and I don't know why.

In GT5, I saw this car in 500pp races and Low HP drag races a decent number of times. But in GT6, it is rarely ever used online, and I don't know why.

Maybe because it has lower hp in GT6. Back in GT5 I know for sure that crazy FF car can reach past 600hp, but now it stops at 560hp. But still, even with that much power, I was surprised it could handle that power and the turbo lag very well. And because of that car, I went looking for FF cars that have insane amounts of horsepower when fully upgraded.

Maybe because it has lower hp in GT6. Back in GT5 I know for sure that crazy FF car can reach past 600hp, but now it stops at 560hp. But still, even with that much power, I was surprised it could handle that power and the turbo lag very well. And because of that car, I went looking for FF cars that have insane amounts of horsepower when fully upgraded.
I wonder why the horsepower was reduced in GT6. Do you know if other cars horsepowers have been reduced?

I used to own a 2003 1.6 Ka and now I'm driving a 207 RC and a 2008 Megane RS, all three cars are present in the game (GT5) but I've driven them like twice in all these years despite loving them in real life. Specially the Ka, mine had just over 90 hp and it was so much more fun to drive than the much faster yet sluggish Peugeot. The Megane is something else though.

Anyway, I probably never used them in the game because

a) The Ka isn't the exact version and it's one of the ugliest standard cars

b) The Peugeot's interior view is atrocious, the POV and FOV is all wrong and some of the textures look unfinished, plus the awful sound. And, the drivetrain and gear ratios are just too good in the game, they are crap in real life and driving it in the game just adds insult to injury.

c) The Megane isn't the exact version since mine is the 2 door version, the sound again is mediocre, the gear ratios are wrong. Good interior view though.
What Peugeot are you talking about?

I wonder why the horsepower was reduced in GT6. Do you know if other cars horsepowers have been reduced?

Maybe because having 600hp in a FWD car is absurd? :P but yeah, I was looking forward to seeing what FWD cars in GT6 would get past 600hp.

One more car to add in here, the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06. Has a fabulous amount of power (587hp) but the torque figure is too crazy for an FF car (around 520ft.lb, I think). The wheelspin is just too much of a handful, even with a clever diff and transmission tuning. The supercharger isn't really helping if you wanted to tune a fully upgraded Eclipse. I honestly think a hi-RPM turbo is better in that car, if ever possible. What the Eclipse needs is more power and a lot less torque.

Maybe because having 600hp in a FWD car is absurd? :P but yeah, I was looking forward to seeing what FWD cars in GT6 would get past 600hp.

One more car to add in here, the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06. Has a fabulous amount of power (587hp) but the torque figure is too crazy for an FF car (around 520ft.lb, I think). The wheelspin is just too much of a handful, even with a clever diff and transmission tuning. The supercharger isn't really helping if you wanted to tune a fully upgraded Eclipse. I honestly think a hi-RPM turbo is better in that car, if ever possible. What the Eclipse needs is more power and a lot less torque.
Whoa! So much torque and horsepower in FF car. In real life, just imagine how bad the drivability would be.

Whoa! So much torque and horsepower in FF car. In real life, just imagine how bad the drivability would be.

IKR... that's why I prefer the SRT4. It has less power and less torque but it's so much more manageable. And lighter as well. And since it comes equipped with a turbo instead of a supercharger, it's pretty amazing in high-speed and top speed runs. Great car if you want to recreate some Need For Speed arcade-y fun. :D

IKR... that's why I prefer the SRT4. It has less power and less torque but it's so much more manageable. And lighter as well. And since it comes equipped with a turbo instead of a supercharger, it's pretty amazing in high-speed and top speed runs. Great car if you want to recreate some Need For Speed arcade-y fun. :D[/QUOTE
What is the top speed of the SRT4 fully tuned? I imagine it can do over 200 mph.

I never got why the hate for the PT Cruiser.

I don't like it but I also don't hate it. But I will never ever understand why my father likes it.

Even Walter White Junior didn't like it.
And he grew up with an Aztek as the family car.

Last edited:
The only 207 I see is the 207 GTi '07 and is it just me or are there no Peugeots from 2008 in the dealership?

207 GTi/207 RC are the same thing, here in South America, it's called RC and the RC actually started being sold here in 2008. The reason was because Peugeot first started selling the 207 GT or THP which had the same engine but only produced 150 hp. That version was a flop since it was too expensive and it was close to the real GTi performance wise but far from it's competitors. So when Peugeot finally brought the 175 hp version which is the GTi, the other one, the GT or THP was never sold again. So it's called the RC here.

2007 through 2010, the 207 GTi/RC didn't change at all, it is, in essence, identical to the car in Gran Turismo 5/6, the last versions of the 207 I believe were fitted with 6 speed gear boxes.

Here's one I haven't seen in ages.

amuse_carbon_r__r34___04_by_gt6_garage-d7envap.jpg

Thought about buying this, but I want to know how this car is before I drop $250,000 on it.

Very nice car, I found it to do everything asked of it.....however.....it has no headlights and is therefore useless on any of the night races except for Apricot Hill.

What is the top speed of the SRT4 fully tuned? I imagine it can do over 200mph

yes indeed. it can reach past 200mph, around 210mph if you set up the tranny right and if you have no wing.

For no other reason than andre_pt's post I decided to try the PT Cruiser out. It needed a decent amount of tuning, but its actually pretty good. 400pp is all it needs to take on the latest seasonal at London. It has a bit too much torque steer for me at 450pp, but I can live with it.

Latest Posts

Back