Those Cars That Nobody Ever Cares About...

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 376 comments

Which type of car do you like the most?

• Premium Cars, always used online

Votes: 42 25.5%
  • Standard Cars, never really seen online

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • All cars, I like a little bit of both

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • I don't like any car in GT6 that much

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don't really care, as long as the car looks and sounds good.

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Poll

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys,

I would like to revive this thread. I am sorry for abandoning it, and for double posting.

Anyways, here is a car I found that gets no love at all. I do not own it, so it would be great if you can provide some feedback about it.
View attachment 338529
Here this the Volvo S60 T-5. Like all Volvos in GT6, this car is terribly underrated and never seen it used online. The specs seem promising, and the design isn't too shabby. I will try this car whenever I get a chance, and maybe even post a tune for it.

I have an 2005 S60 D5 (163 hp Diesel) since about 3 month for real and i absolutely love it. Great quality interior, good power, very good balanced suspension and a great sound (from the interior) for a diesel!

It's an automatic and does 0-100 km/h in just 8,5 seconds (9,2 seconds without being on the brakes from the start) :)

I find the GT6 version very good handling for an FWD but for sure it isnt the fastest probably because its pretty heavy.

I have an 2005 S60 D5 (163 hp Diesel) since about 3 month for real and i absolutely love it. Great quality interior, good power, very good balanced suspension and a great sound (from the interior) for a diesel!

It's an automatic and does 0-100 km/h in just 8,5 (self measured) seconds (9,2 seconds without being on the brakes and revving (?!) to 1500rpm from the start) :)

I find the GT6 version very good handling for an FWD but for sure it isnt the fastest in that hp section - probably because its pretty heavy.

Ouch, quoted myself instead of editing:ouch::scared:

Sorry for thar double post :nervous:

Just quickly going through my garage, here's a list of cars which I rarely see online. Not sure if any of these count as "fast"....but if they can be made to be, I would love to hear about it...I'm always on the lookout for somethings different.

•300SL Coupe '54 - have mine tuned to 400pp. Used it for a few races at Sierra, and was pleasently surprised.

•Lancer Evo III GSR - been sitting in my garage forever...was thinking of tuning it to 450pp. Is it worthwhile to invest the time in?

•NISMO 270R - have seen my fair share of S-Chassis at 400pp-500pp, but can't recall ever seeing a 270R. Never tried it myself.

•Silvia K's Dia Selection - like I said, Ive seen lots of S-Chassis, but I hardly ever see the premium one. Is there a reason for this? I have one tuned to 400pp, and it was doing quite decent in Sierra races a while back...although, it didn't stand a chance against the fastest in the pp range.

•Bluebird Hardtop (910) '79 - see the 510 at 400pp quite often, but don't think I've seen a 910 in a race lobby. Makes a great little drift car though.

Another series of car i dont see online hardly ever is the older skylines like the R30 and R31 and also the Vintage skylines as well like the 62, 67 and the 70.
It's funny how there can be such a difference from Race lobbies to Drift Lobbies to Drag lobbies.

In drifting lobbies, all of those old skylines are pretty common. Not seen every day like an S-chassis or Supra, but the older Slylines get used a lot in low HP/missile/classics drift lobbies.

To this day, the R31 is my favorite drift missile. It is very smooth, gets great angle, and can be made to be quite fast, despite the turbo lag and weight.

Just quickly going through my garage, here's a list of cars which I rarely see online. Not sure if any of these count as "fast"....but if they can be made to be, I would love to hear about it...I'm always on the lookout for somethings different.

•300SL Coupe '54 - have mine tuned to 400pp. Used it for a few races at Sierra, and was pleasently surprised.

•Lancer Evo III GSR - been sitting in my garage forever...was thinking of tuning it to 450pp. Is it worthwhile to invest the time in?

•NISMO 270R - have seen my fair share of S-Chassis at 400pp-500pp, but can't recall ever seeing a 270R. Never tried it myself.

•Silvia K's Dia Selection - like I said, Ive seen lots of S-Chassis, but I hardly ever see the premium one. Is there a reason for this? I have one tuned to 400pp, and it was doing quite decent in Sierra races a while back...although, it didn't stand a chance against the fastest in the pp range.

•Bluebird Hardtop (910) '79 - see the 510 at 400pp quite often, but don't think I've seen a 910 in a race lobby. Makes a great little drift car though.

It's funny how there can be such a difference from Race lobbies to Drift Lobbies to Drag lobbies.

In drifting lobbies, all of those old skylines are pretty common. Not seen every day like an S-chassis or Supra, but the older Slylines get used a lot in low HP/missile/classics drift lobbies.

To this day, the R31 is my favorite drift missile. It is very smooth, gets great angle, and can be made to be quite fast, despite the turbo lag and weight.
Thanks for this list!

Thankfully, all the cars you posted are great performers.

I have the 300SL, it is a fun old classic to drive around in, especially on the Nurb. Surprisingly good handling for what it is, even on comfort tires.

Have the Lancer lll. Only raced it online twice. It won both races. Entered it into a car show with an EVO vs STI cat, and it won. I think it is worth it to invest time in this Lancer

Had the 270R in GT5. A pleasure to race and drift in.

Surprised you mentioned the Silvia K's Dia Selection. Although it may not be used that much in online races, it is one of the most common cars in a drift lobby.

Also have the Bluebird Hardtop. When I first got it, I noticed the car had pretty bad understeer. So, I spent lots of time tuning it to handle better. My go-to car for online 400-450pp races. Usually does quite well. Sometimes I will stance it and bring in into a JDM cruise lobby.

I do not have an R31, but I do have the classic 1973 Skyline GTR. Such a beast a drifting with the right setup. Gets close to 20K points on Tsukuba.

One car I can recommend is the 1991 GS300/Aristo for drifting. Hands down best drift car I have ever driven. Gets close to 23K points at Tsukuba, usually the second or first highest in an online lobby.

Thanks for this list!

Thankfully, all the cars you posted are great performers.

I have the 300SL, it is a fun old classic to drive around in, especially on the Nurb. Surprisingly good handling for what it is, even on comfort tires.

Have the Lancer lll. Only raced it online twice. It won both races. Entered it into a car show with an EVO vs STI cat, and it won. I think it is worth it to invest time in this Lancer

Had the 270R in GT5. A pleasure to race and drift in.

Surprised you mentioned the Silvia K's Dia Selection. Although it may not be used that much in online races, it is one of the most common cars in a drift lobby.

Also have the Bluebird Hardtop. When I first got it, I noticed the car had pretty bad understeer. So, I spent lots of time tuning it to handle better. My go-to car for online 400-450pp races. Usually does quite well. Sometimes I will stance it and bring in into a JDM cruise lobby.

I do not have an R31, but I do have the classic 1973 Skyline GTR. Such a beast a drifting with the right setup. Gets close to 20K points on Tsukuba.

One car I can recommend is the 1991 GS300/Aristo for drifting. Hands down best drift car I have ever driven. Gets close to 23K points at Tsukuba, usually the second or first highest in an online lobby.

Glad to hear the Evo III is worth it :). Going to have to start tinkering with it.

As far as the S13 in drift lobbies go, I know all about that...:). If I include GT5 as well, I easily have over 10,000 miles drifting Silvias alone :lol: I don't think you can enter a drift lobby without seeing a Silvia of some kind.

I was saying that I don't see the Premium S13 specifically in Race lobbies.

I would say the same about the Aristo as well. All of the Toyota 4-door chassis are amazing drift cars (mostly due to the awesomeness of the 1J and 2J). But you don't see them in Race lobbies very much (or on race track IRL for that matter!)

Don't forget the useless 2CV and Midget!

Seriously you have no idea mate. The Midget is one of the best drifters, haha.

In one Seasonal Event I ranked about place 320. I even have a video of that Seasonal. You really miss out if you don't try it.

Why doesn't GT6 include the Ginetta, Jenson Interceptor and this smooth looking Daihatsu 3-wheeler? It can't be licencing, could it?
On another note: It's really sad that the Jay Leno Toronado gets no love/interest at all. I think with the right tune it could have a lot of potential. Only the weird sound bugs me. They should have made a brutal V8 sound...

I just had to restart GT4 - And the VW Lupo Prize car was oldest unused car - It was the second car in my garage in terms of age after the LanEvo2GSR- And I didn't feel like giving it a go for old times sake (2004?)
I didn't use it GT5 or GT6 either.

Ryk
I just had to restart GT4 - And the VW Lupo Prize car was oldest unused car - It was the second car in my garage in terms of age after the LanEvo2GSR- And I didn't feel like giving it a go for old times sake (2004?)
I didn't use it GT5 or GT6 either.
Which Lupo are you talking about?

One car in GT6 that definitely gets no love is the 2005 Mazda MX Crossport Concept (couldn't find a picture). Saw it online for the first time ever, and I was really surprised to see it. I am debating whether I should buy it or not (right now, I don't have enough credits to buy it). Can anyone tell me how it is?

Which Lupo are you talking about?

I guess it was the prize you got for passing the B Licence right at the start of the game?
I remember buying the Lancer and being pretty happy with it but the VW Lupo prize just underwhelmed me... So much so I never drove it at all in GT4 - and I drove a lot of miles in GT4
I don't recall driving a Lupo in GT5
And I am very sure I never drove a Lupo in GT6.
It was the basic road car version - not the cup car versions ...

Mazda Crossport - I remember it being quit good off road, big lumbering hector of a car. An Alternative to the "Footballer's wife" Range Rover

Ryk
I guess it was the prize you got for passing the B Licence right at the start of the game?
I remember buying the Lancer and being pretty happy with it but the VW Lupo prize just underwhelmed me... So much so I never drove it at all in GT4 - and I drove a lot of miles in GT4
I don't recall driving a Lupo in GT5
And I am very sure I never drove a Lupo in GT6.
It was the basic road car version - not the cup car versions ...

Mazda Crossport - I remember it being quit good off road, big lumbering hector of a car. An Alternative to the "Footballer's wife" Range Rover
Maybe the car will perform better if I reduce its weight. Glad to know it does well offroad.

One car in GT6 that definitely gets no love is the 2005 Mazda MX Crossport Concept (couldn't find a picture). Saw it online for the first time ever, and I was really surprised to see it. I am debating whether I should buy it or not (right now, I don't have enough credits to buy it). Can anyone tell me how it is?
That Mazda is pretty quick, but I think the Infiniti SUV is faster, at least for me. I've only seen a hand full of people drive the Infiniti, and I rarely get beat at Bathurst and the Nordschleife at 550pp in it.

I used to own the crossport as a drift car. It did good, but I can't remember why I sold it.Meanwhile, anyone forget about the '98 Audi S4? Been thinking about buying it on my birthday as a present to myself (weird I know), but does anyone know how it performs?

Last edited:
That Mazda is pretty quick, but I think the Infiniti SUV is faster, at least for me. I've only seen a hand full of people drive the Infiniti, and I rarely get beat at Bathurst and the Nordschleife at 550pp in it.
Glad to know that the Mazda is quick. I had the Infiniti SUV in GT5. For a heavy SUV, it accelerates and handles pretty well. The think I don't like about the Infiniti is that you can't visually customize it (rims, paint, spoiler, etc). I've seen about five online in GT6 and they all had stock exteriors.

I used to own the crossport as a drift car. It did good, but I can't remember why I sold it.Meanwhile, anyone forget about the '98 Audi S4? Been thinking about buying it on my birthday as a present to myself (weird I know), but does anyone know how it performs?
Had the S4 '98 in GT5, but kept it stock. Reason I bought it was to complete the Schwarzwald series and it was at a low price in the UCD. It won the series. Quick acceleration, but I wish there was a bit less understeer. If you get it, maybe you can reduce the weight. Otherwise, its a pretty decent German coupe.

Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71. It's ridiculously fast and nimble, and I have yet to see someone driving it online.

Last edited:
Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71. It's ridiculously fast and nimble, and yet I have yet to see someone driving it online.
This car is one of those semi-premiums (premium exterior but no interior). In all the GT games I've played, I never owned one. Only seen it online once, which was at a drift lobby. Maybe this car will be on my list of what to buy...

My 240ZG is tuned for 425pp and 450pp, it is fun at both. I think it is more competitive at 450pp though. Oh, this is using RS tires.

That GT40 in your profile pic also deserves some recognition.
I have it, I can say it's 20 million kinda well spent. It sounds GREAT, but the handling isn't that great unless you have a good setup. But once you have the setup it's pretty fast.

I have it, I can say it's 20 million kinda well spent. It sounds GREAT, but the handling isn't that great unless you have a good setup. But once you have the setup it's pretty fast.
What's really a shame is that not only the GT40 is underrated, but it's standard. I would like to see the interior of something like this.

I know I'm late to answer this question but if you remember the PP patch that PD made for GT5 later in its life cycle, you would remember that the Silvia S13 premium is severely overrated with the PP it currently has (392 IIRC). When they lowered the stock PP, it became an absolute monster when tuned in 500 PP lobbies and seasonals though :P

But they didn't keep those ratings because some users experienced crashes upon starting the game when the patch was released. Too bad, I actually like it a lot because it fixed a lot of lower-PP cars.

I know I'm late to answer this question but if you remember the PP patch that PD made for GT5 later in its life cycle, you would remember that the Silvia S13 premium is severely overrated with the PP it currently has (392 IIRC). When they lowered the stock PP, it became an absolute monster when tuned in 500 PP lobbies and seasonals though :P

But they didn't keep those ratings because some users experienced crashes upon starting the game when the patch was released. Too bad, I actually like it a lot because it fixed a lot of lower-PP cars.
I remember way back when in GT5 when PP was lower than it is in GT6 for a period of time. And like you said, that Silvia was all you would see in a 450-500pp lobby. I never owned one in GT5, so I usually got around last place in 450-500pp online races. Now, this car is practically absent from those lobbies, but is a big hit in drift lobbies, especially ones at Tsukuba Circuit.

I remember way back when in GT5 when PP was lower than it is in GT6 for a period of time. And like you said, that Silvia was all you would see in a 450-500pp lobby. I never owned one in GT5, so I usually got around last place in 450-500pp online races. Now, this car is practically absent from those lobbies, but is a big hit in drift lobbies, especially ones at Tsukuba Circuit.
The Silvia destroyed the meta-game, if you will :P

I haven't played GT6 for about a year now, but I didn't think that the S13 would be popular due to it's relatively low power compared to the Supra or TOM'S Chaser.

Great. Now I have an even better reason to save up for it :P

I would like to see the interior of something like this.

ford-gt40-race-car-interior_2.jpg

Back