Thoughts on the new Sardegna track(s)?

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 63 comments
My personal opinion is that the new layouts are anonymous and boring, the only interesting thing is the view of the panorama, for the rest they look like tracks out of the GT6 track editor.
I've been saying this for a long time now there's just something off about fictional tracks in GTSport. If that's how track editor would look like in future GT game it would be cool though because it's still looks good.

I've been saying this for a long time now there's just something off about fictional tracks in GTSport. If that's how track editor would look like in future GT game it would be cool though because it's still looks good.

I'd agree, but Lago Maggiore and Dragon Trail Seaside are both amazing circuits in their own right, surroundings and all IMO.

I raced Sardegna and I could honestly take it or leave it. It wasn't bad but I didn't find myself keen to put in lap after lap after lap.

B is my new favourite track. Particularly fun in Red Bull Junior. I've been drawn to using it for my daily workout every day with a custom race. Last I did was Honda Project 2+4 one make - absolute blast. Every straight and corner feels just right on this track. Enjoying the others too, particularly the high speed sections of A.

Much like St. Croix, the B layout is the best iteration of the track thus far. C is pretty good too. I don't know how I feel about A yet.

The Gr. 1 event in Professional League made me appreciate the A configuration. It brings out the best in prototype downforce. B configuration doesn't grab me so far, but the C layout is pretty nice.

Only slight downside is the background scenery. While it looks great in its own right, something just begins to feel generic with all these mountainous and Mediterranean locations in the game. The original circuits in older GT titles had much more unique atmosphere between them.

The Gr. 1 event in Professional League made me appreciate the A configuration. It brings out the best in prototype downforce. B configuration doesn't grab me so far, but the C layout is pretty nice.

Only slight downside is the background scenery. While it looks great in its own right, something just begins to feel generic with all these mountainous and Mediterranean locations in the game. The original circuits in older GT titles had much more unique atmosphere between them.

Aside from the windmills, it looks a lot like a mashup of Dragon Trail and St. Croix.

I did a lap when it came out, & found it to be a bit of a yawn-fest...

It became my personal favorite track.. well the B layout at least, A is pretty good too, not that excited about C.. I’ve never really been a fan of reverse layouts so I’m not touching those...

The pit building is really awesome though, it has a cool vibe to it, the design looks a bit Scandinavian though for some reason.

Also the Piaggio Ape’s at turn 3-4 are awesome! I’m personally hoping PD will add those to the game at some point :rolleyes: Probably will never happen but still...

Sardegna B is very well designed, A being a little fun too.
For such a small circuit, B seems to offer everything. It flows, punishes you and offers plenty of opportunities to overtake.
Whoever designs these circuits has a real talent for it. I don't miss the former GT circuits that much because the majority of the new circuits are close to perfection.

I like the scenery and layouts but haven't driven them enough to either get any firm favourites or bored of any.

Where is the rally circuit located in the fictional world with regards to these circuits? Is it nestled around or next to any of these tracks or is it in another part of Sardegna that also happens to have windmills?

Too many walls and the scenery looks mismatched somehow, as if the proportions are wrong. The layouts are fine, nothing special, but all the walls, right on the track edges ruin it.

I have only briefly tried the layout for race c, but I’m liking it so far. I just wish they would add it to circuit experience right away so it’s easier to learn it.

I really like how B is the modern cut down version of A, which has the feel of a 50's rural F1 circuit (Spa old and new anyone?). C is great fun, especially in reverse with road cars on sports tires.
That's what I said about A. Classic road circuit indeed.

I did a run at StCroix C(I prefer B II), right after Sardegna A. They're both awesome.

Sardegna A is just great in anything. The DB3, Alfa TZ2, 997, 996, A90 Supra, 448 GT3, '84 GTO, '74 and '88 Countach, the Pony cars, the Sports 800, 787B, W08 and SF19.

B and C are like standard circuits. They go around and round.
I've read some saying B looks like Catalunya. Driving it, I feel its character is more like the Nord. It plummets you down to the bottom and then you drive back uphill for the long straight at the end.

In the other thread, C still feels like a club circuit. A nice quick hit in N300 - under cars. The abrupt end of the ride at the final hairpin. The track should keep going straight ahead over that crest and into a tunnel in the mountain or through a town, like the Isle of Man.

It feels like Ste-Croix and Alsace had a baby. I’m not a fan of it. Parts of it feel like country roads instead of being a purpose built race track like other original circuits. They almost made something great.

It feels like Ste-Croix and Alsace had a baby. I’m not a fan of it. Parts of it feel like country roads instead of being a purpose built race track like other original circuits. They almost made something great.
That's the point of it. It's a "temporary" circuit. However, B & C definitely feel like permanent circuits. A does feel like the country road it's it's based on.

I really enjoy the Sardegna Road Tracks with A and B II being the highlights. The Professional Gr. 1 event at A was a nice race.
I tried B and B II with the Dallara SF19 Toyota and loved it. Blasting through the dip was terrific.

C I wasn't pushed on. I tried that with the new cars which I had no interest in either. I must have another go with some Gr.4 or the KTM X-Bow.

Overall Sardegna was a very nice addition to the roster. Thank you and God job PD.

8368265353961144320_0.jpg

Last edited:
Back