Thoughts on the new Sardegna track(s)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTFan24
  • 63 comments
  • 5,562 views
I wish there were less barriers and more run-off areas. Makes it feel all a bit too hemmed in.
 
Sardegna A is an under appreciated gem. It's a ton of fun in prototypes, and it has a Nurburgring-esque, timeless feel that fits both 80's group C car and modern GT3 cars alike.

Under-appreciated? It's only just been released, how can it be under-appreciated? :P
 
True, except it's another Tokyo experience. Perhaps PD counted on that and that's why the cars ghost in the braking zone? Very odd in the red bull race this week.

My personal opinion: I think cars with that much HP shouldn't be on Layout A. It's a mismatch. But that's just me.
 
The version in the Beginners League is lovely, the version in the Gr1 Professional league is a nightmare (but I say that about most tracks until I get used to them!)
 
I am a fan, i don't like overly fiddly tracks. Enjoying the layout in Race C even if the cars make it tough to race.
 
I'm in the "no big deal" camp. I haven't done the C configuration yet, but A and B don't seem very special or technical.
 
I wonder if they could combine the dirt and a road track to make a rally cross stage?
 
Only done Layout A so far, but I wish the barriers weren't so close to the track. You can't see what's coming around any corners, feels very claustrophobic.
 
I'm an autodrome enthusiast. I loved layouts A and B.

About layout C, particularly, I found visually ugly and generic. I found it unnecessary to put that visual road and some curves that break the visual identity and the track.

So, I believe it would be much more attractive and fun to put the C layout a larger version of the B layout, with the same identity of curves and appearance.
 
Reminds me of Sierra from gt6 which is absolutely a good thing, prolly my favorite track on the game
 
I've tried a couple of combinations and they're OK so far. Some interesting corners. The stop/start of some others is a bit underwhelming. I think I need to put a lot more laps in before I decide whether I like these new tracks or not.
 
Aesthetically an upgrade over the St Croix layouts although I'm longing for a more city like track that isn't Tokyo. A's layout works okay but it is somewhat generic save for one section in the reverse direction. B is likely my favorite with the elevation changes and mix of corners. C's hairpin is going to be incident city. Wish it was done differently.
 
Only done Layout A so far, but I wish the barriers weren't so close to the track. You can't see what's coming around any corners, feels very claustrophobic.
You might want to hope Macau doesn't make it in the game.
 
I think that's part of the thrill.

What you call “thrill” I call “5 second penalty”

I also call this track will be widely unused in Sport Mode.
 
Layout A is a little simplistic for my tastes, however, layouts B & C are pretty fun to drive around.
 
While on Layout A, I noticed Stop signs around the roads with stone curb. And learned Stop signs are the same in Italy.

Also think I saw these (?), high cross wind signs but could be wrong.

800px-Italian_traffic_signs_-_forte_vento_laterale.svg.png
 
Pretty much another "let's crank the track editor up to 11 and see what comes out" set. No idea what's happened to the track design team, did they all get fired after Kyoto and Maggiore had been created? Those two at least feel like proper tracks instead of a large scenery with some random roads drawn on.

Having said that, my favourite Sardegna version this far is A (including reverse) as it at least has some kind of a plausible real life feel to it. It would be even better without the generic stadium area, consisting solely of the roads in a Reims/Rouen/old Spa fashion. The other two feel like they're technical for the sake of being technical, studies to find out how many off cambered, blind behind a crest corners can be crammed together.
 
I'm very pleased with the new Sardegna tracks and they have become my favorite original courses out of all the GT titles.
I think it's an instant hit among the vast majority of players.
 
Yes, we all have different tastes, but it find it funny that I love DTG sand Sardegna A and many players don't like those tracks. DTG is so oddball to many. Such as the first chicane and the Four Brothers right-handers(which, remind me of the same corners at COTA, another track many don't like) at the latter part of the circuit. Then, reading Sardegna is too simple for some and it's too stop and go.

it was the same with Madrid. Not a popular circuit, but I loved it. Love street circuits as they have that real world feel like Macau and Long Beach, I actually prefer these tracks over Monaco.
 
I don't see anything wrong with it. The track has some genuine character which is sorely lacking in many real-world tracks. The B layout is one of the best tracks in the game with some fun elevation changes. Makes St Croix look a bit sterile in comparison.
 
After "many" laps, B forwards is nice and enjoyable there are multiple overtaking spots so the racing feels generally good. Reverse looks the complete opposite.

A and C... dunno yet.
 
The “bring classic tracks back” moaners are quietly eating humble pie.

PD give us more of these new fantasy tracks. The guy/s designing these tracks needs to be given Tilke’s job.

Love to have a go at Gr. 2 around the B layout.
 
Back