Thoughts on the Red Bull X1...in GT6?

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 134 comments

Do You Think That The Red Bull X1 Will Be In GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 104 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 28.6%
  • Maybe/Indifferent

Votes: 48 22.5%

• Total voters
X2010 you have to for 100% completion of GT5 :banghead:
PD won't refuse to sell you the game if you don't 100%.

Well seeing as you refuse to accept the X1 is a special car like the Nike One and Motor Triathlon car I'll say this;
How are any of those special? When did I say that they weren't? And why does their being special, if they are, matter?

Get rid of the X1 because it is the most mentioned car in "five cars you don't want in GT6 thread", if this were an accurate representation of a larger population it would be safe to say the majority would not want to see it in the Gran Turismo series again.

Doesn't matter, their reasoning makes no sense. They don't have to use it, some people like it, so the car should stay. If the people who don't want the X1 should ask for anything it's more lobby options to control their online rooms. Removing a car is just dumb. Let's just get rid of Racing Soft tires because I don't like racing on them. A brilliant idea. That way people who enjoy them are out of luck. Putting a tire filter in the online lobby search would give everyone an option, but it makes too much sense to be put into the game.

The Red Bull X cars may be the most mentioned car in the other thread but in this thread those who really don't want it are minority. So the fact it's the most mentioned there does not mean most people want them out.
And I agree with Exorcet. Online filters would solve most problems people have with the car. And I find the X1 cooler than the Nike One or Motor Thriatlon so I rather have the X1 than the other two.
Before the game was out everyone was fascinated by the numbers PD released about the car. There was a lot of excitement. How could all of this turn into so much hate? I really don't understand.

I just want to know how this was created in 2011...
Anyway, I hope that the X series will remain in GT for a long while, but as a virtually unobtainable car. Maybe as a reward for getting the "Gold Standard" trophy.

notStig
The Red Bull X cars may be the most mentioned car in the other thread but in this thread those who really don't want it are minority. So the fact it's the most mentioned there does not mean most people want them out.
And I agree with Exorcet. Online filters would solve most problems people have with the car. And I find the X1 cooler than the Nike One or Motor Thriatlon so I rather have the X1 than the other two.
Before the game was out everyone was fascinated by the numbers PD released about the car. There was a lot of excitement. How could all of this turn into so much hate? I really don't understand.

Its mainly turned into hate because people breakout the car in online lobbys and is virtually unbeatable by anything else.

Its mainly turned into hate because people breakout the car in online lobbys and is virtually unbeatable by anything else.

Just like the FGT if the X1 wasn't there. Just like the LMP's if the FGT wasn't there. Just like...

There's no issue. If the X1 is winning races, the host is bad because there are plenty of ways to control what people can drive, or people not driving the X1 picked the wrong car because the rules allow the X1.

I think the RBX-10 is an absolutely magnificent piece of machinery. It uses technology and design ideas that exist in the real world but pushes them to the limit. While it is a fantasy car, it's also very much a realistic fantasy car. Obviously, allowing the cars to infest online racing was a mistake but thats no reason to hate the car itself. I think the X1 project was really cool and I've had lots of fun with the cars.

I must admit I don't race online and I didn't have much trouble with the Vettel Challenge so I don't have any reason to be annoyed with the cars.

No. I myself don't find any use to it.

But it doesn't really matter to me. The car is already done, so I don't see why not adding it. It would be nice if they made some sort of event for this car instead of just a time trail, for people who like the car and know how to drive it.

It would be nice if they made some sort of event for this car instead of just a time trail, for people who like the car and know how to drive it.

There is, online, and I'd image the same will be true in GT6. There's even arcade mode. Though I guess a championship could be nice if the AI is competitive.

I actually just realized that I haven't raced X1's except online so I wonder what the AI is even capable of in the car.

There is, online, and I'd image the same will be true in GT6. There's even arcade mode. Though I guess a championship could be nice if the AI is competitive.

I actually just realized that I haven't raced X1's except online so I wonder what the AI is even capable of in the car.

They are pretty god mode, do an arcade race in one, just park and then watch them on replay

Yes it should be because I like overpowering the competition when I'm rich enough to buy expensive cars :D (offline of course). But for online play, I really don't really see the X1 to be a big problem unless the room has no rules and limits.

But that's the problem, the X1 is all the technology. I suppose you could find subtle differences in the theoretical ultimate car if you ask one engineer over another, but that person would then still need to actually come up with a car.

Perhaps you know about programming and the sort of development that goes into a car like the X1. Other than what's commonly available via PD's promos, etc., I don't. However, there are some freely available high-tech aspects that could be adopted into other X cars. I'm thinking electronic motors, regenerative braking, regenerative anything, movable fairing, solar powered boosts ... and that's before we get into the fantasy stuff like nanotech tyre technology and hydrogen fuels.

I know that the X1 is supposed to be based on "currently available" technology, and so perhaps fantasy stuff shouldn't come into the next iteration, but there's nothing stopping other manufacturers varying the same technology for different purposes (off-road, drag ...), or looking at other technology that's been excluded from F1 like massive turbos, w16 engines, computer controlled aero, automatic gearing, and so on.

NO real cars only!
this means:
NO X2010, X2011, Formula Gran Turismo, FTO LM edition all those fake touringcars etc etc.

Last edited:
However, there are some freely available high-tech aspects that could be adopted into other X cars. I'm thinking electronic motors, regenerative braking, regenerative anything, movable fairing, solar powered boosts ... and that's before we get into the fantasy stuff like nanotech tyre technology and hydrogen fuels.
There probably is more, but the challenge is doing enough research and design to make the car realistic. Just coming up with a ridiculous car and tossing it in the game would defeat the point I think.

I know that the X1 is supposed to be based on "currently available" technology, and so perhaps fantasy stuff shouldn't come into the next iteration, but there's nothing stopping other manufacturers varying the same technology for different purposes (off-road, drag ...)

Well, if they were made for different types of racing, they probably wouldn't be competitive with each other. The only reason why the Escudo is even close to LMP's in GT5 is inaccuracy.

computer controlled aero

I think you just made the X2012. I can't believe I never thought of that as an improvement when it's so obvious.

I think you just made the X2012. I can't believe I never thought of that as an improvement when it's so obvious.

That, and if you look at other stuff we have right now. Active ride height that changes based on your speed, and don't forget F-Ducts.

There probably is more, but the challenge is doing enough research and design to make the car realistic. Just coming up with a ridiculous car and tossing it in the game would defeat the point I think.

And yet, if Red Bull did it, what's to stop someone else from "doing enough research and design"? I mean ... they built a digital car here; it's not like they sent a small car to Mars.

Well, if they were made for different types of racing, they probably wouldn't be competitive with each other. The only reason why the Escudo is even close to LMP's in GT5 is inaccuracy.

No, of course it wouldn't be competitive in the same light, but that's the whole reason to choose another mode of car racing: Perhaps Y Company doesn't want to be involved in a direct competition (as I think you suggested); perhaps they want their own "stand-out" car in their own field.

The point I was making here is that (aside from "I really don't want a repeat of the single X car") there are other ways to introduce high tech monsters into the game. If no-one wants to compete directly with Red Bull, they can go other ways.

And it's as easy as looking through the F1 regulations and ... breaking them :)

And yet, if Red Bull did it, what's to stop someone else from "doing enough research and design"? I mean ... they built a digital car here; it's not like they sent a small car to Mars.

Well, the thing is, I don't know how many companies would be willing to go through with it in the first place. I also don't know exactly what level of accuracy Red Bull aimed for and how long it took them. Also, one company doing a single car is less complex than many companies doing many cars. Since only RB made X1 class cars, their assumptions and methods were acceptable by default. If other manufactures start to come up with ideas, the field could get lopsided if they use different assumptions, for example choosing between cutting edge existing technology and theoretical technology.

The depth of GT6's physics also come into play. The less detailed the physics, the less subtle differences matter, but the harder it is to realistically differentiate the cars. More detailed physics makes it easy to differentiate, but it takes more work to come up with a detailed car model.

No, of course it wouldn't be competitive in the same light, but that's the whole reason to choose another mode of car racing
If that's the goal, I guess there isn't a problem.

I'm probably blowing up the severity of these issue a little bit, a field of different X1's is a possibility and I would like to see it happen. Whether it will happen or not isn't something I'm sure of.

The AI is VERY slow with the X1. It's not very entertaining to race against them.

If you take a Red Bull X2011 into arcade, you will find yourself 15 X2010s.
Not quite a fair fight.

It would only be for marketing like the Nike 2020 concept car in gt4. Let's see a Apple iRacer. Oh wait, too close to Iracing :r

It would only be for marketing like the Nike 2020 concept car in gt4.

You think the Nike ONE '22 was for marketing? Just like the X series, that was to show what the limits of modern technology are. Nike is developing a suit that could in theory power the ONE '22.

gamerdog6482
You think the Nike ONE '22 was for marketing? Just like the X series, that was to show what the limits of modern technology are. Nike is developing a suit that could in theory power the ONE '22.

I do actually. Did it need to be Nike or red bull? Exactly.

Edit: Just realised. Never mind, statement withdrawn. Sorry Doggy :3

I do actually. Did it need to be Nike or red bull?

As a matter of fact, yes. The Nike ONE is a theoretical car powered by the [WIKIPEDIA]Spark Suit[/WIKIPEDIA] which is a completely real technology.

As for the X series, Red Bull won Formula One multiple times very recently, so PD wanted that expertise in true racing. RBR had a lot of know-how when it came to track racing, and that is why PD wanted RBR to create the X series.

As said. Statement withdrawn. I realised RBs designer Adrian Newey designed the x1 and nine provided the fictional technology.

As said. Statement withdrawn. I realised RBs designer Adrian Newey designed the x1 and nine provided the fictional technology.

Again, there is no technology in the X series that is fictional. Every last bit of tech in the car has been seen in the real world.

Latest Posts

Back