Thoughts on the Red Bull X1...in GT6?

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 134 comments

Do You Think That The Red Bull X1 Will Be In GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 104 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 28.6%
  • Maybe/Indifferent

Votes: 48 22.5%

• Total voters
No, it has only been created about 1-4 days ago from what I can recall. But all the posts in the Gran Turismo 5 forums have been moved to the new GT6 forum for convenience and to avoid the GT5 forums going off-topic.

That Joke
--------->
Your Head

jagdrag77
A good point, but I really hope not. After the Vettel Challenge, it took me full week to drive basic cars normally again. It's hard to explain, but the Red Bull stuffs up my driving skills hugely.

Because your used to super super sharp handling, i have the same problem, even from FGT to a Commodore

ferrari-race-concept-for-le-mans.jpg

I immediately thought of this.
If that happened (manufacturer X2010/11's), it could actually change the way we think of the RB X2010/11 currently.

I want to drive that car. I hope it's in GT6.

I haven't driven the one I got for reaching level 35 or the one that came with the DLC pack, so I can say with confidence that I'm indifferent to its inclusion in GT6. A variety of manufacturers' x13s, as suggested by others, would be more interesting though.

Personally, I would like to see an 'entry level' version. With no 'fan' element and a power limit of about 700bhp, and a bit more weight, so it can compete with LMPs and Group Cs.

A variety of manufacturers' x13s, as suggested by others, would be more interesting though.
This will probably just end up being a superficial difference. It would be the same as X1 one make racing, except the visuals. Making a ultimate race car can be hard enough, but then trying to make a dozen that are all different but equal would be even harder.

And what is so bad about one make racing anyway? Yes the X1 can only be beat by another X1, but that is still racing. Dodge, Ferrari, Toyota, whoever all have one make races in reality, why can't the X1?

Personally, I would like to see an 'entry level' version. With no 'fan' element and a power limit of about 700bhp, and a bit more weight, so it can compete with LMPs and Group Cs.

That would give you a F1 killer, not a LMP competitor. Without the fan, the X1 still have wings that are better than F1 cars and a full ground effect underbody. You can't make the X1 as slow as LMP's unless it's towing a dump truck.

However, with weight and power adjustments in GT5, you can turn the X1 into a completely different car. It's fun to drive in unrestricted and restricted form.

I hope the Red Bull X cars never return in a Gran Turismo title ever again. The inclusion of such an abomination ruined Gran Turismo 5 for me, online and offline.

It should return but should be better implemented. In GT5 it felt like the car does not have a purpose outside Vettel challenge. It should have it's own championship like the FGT does. And as the AI is so bad at driving formula cars (and the X1) it should be improved too. I would like to see the X cars in GT6 more than the Ferrari F1's.

It should return but should be better implemented. In GT5 it felt like the car does not have a purpose outside Vettel challenge. It should have it's own championship like the FGT does. And as the AI is so bad at driving formula cars (and the X1) it should be improved too. I would like to see the X cars in GT6 more than the Ferrari F1's.

This.

I don't think I'd ever say to remove content from the game. The X2010 and X2011 can stay. They do need a place in the game if they're going to stay, though.

A championship would be a good idea. If there was a way to get another design or two meant to compete with the X2010 and X2011, that would make it pretty neat.

That said, they aren't really my thing and I wouldn't complain if adding more normal cars took some priority over them.

Leave it out, I get irritated just thinking about the amount of code PD used to implement, that...that...thing.

If it makes the cut( gulp) ban it from online lobbies, or designate it to it can only be used with other X1s online like the F1 Ferraris

Either get rid of it, or make it nearly impossible to get, and even harder to use online. I'm sorry but the Red Bull X cars have annoyed many a player like me, I for one would celebrate its' omission from Gran Turismo 6.

JBanton
Either get rid of it, or make it nearly impossible to get, and even harder to use online. I'm sorry but the Red Bull X cars have annoyed many a player like me, I for one would celebrate its' omission from Gran Turismo 6.

Get rid of it and another car that annoys might take its place i remember in tdu2 the veyron was the car that annoys people.

My thought is its not the car that annoys its the people who choose them.

No, the X1 did nothing. Bad players did, and they would do the same no matter what's in the game. Removing a perfectly good car because of overblown reactions is silly.

Get rid of it and another car that annoys might take its place i remember in tdu2 the veyron was the car that annoys people.

Exactly. And the people who are annoyed have little excuse since the X1 is easy to keep out of online rooms, as it should be for any well designed game.

thelvynau

you can defend youself against a veyron, a red bull can't be beaten unless you take yours out, plus, remember that the x1 does not exist, it shouldn't have a place in a game that pretends to be a simulator

mikecustom
you can defend youself against a veyron, a red bull can't be beaten unless you take yours out, plus, remember that the x1 does not exist, it shouldn't have a place in a game that pretends to be a simulator

it wasnt thrown together for the hell of it the program was to see what could be produced without regulations how is that not realistic to try and produce something that changes our perception of racing.

Again its not the cars fault its the people who use them its like a gun its not dangerous on its own but put the wrong person behind it and it is.

I think that it's a possibility. I would prefer it to be in GT6 because it really helps my in-game driving skills. This thread is mostly opinionated. They should make it more challenging to get. I wouldn't mind if they put another prototype in a DLC pack. The Seb. Vettle challenge was a bit on the easy side for me. I think they should just limit the use for the X1's online.

The Elite Guy
I think that it's a possibility. I would prefer it to be in GT6 because it really helps my in-game driving skills. This thread is mostly opinionated. They should make it more challenging to get. I wouldn't mind if they put another prototype in a DLC pack. The Seb. Vettle challenge was a bit on the easy side for me. I think they should just limit the use for the X1's online.

Exactly there are other ways around the problems with people pulling it out in an online lobby.

Just because people pull it out online doesnt mean it should be left out.

Random ideas for it.

Make it's own class get other manufactures involved for example mclaren, lotus etc and make it a futuristic formula 1 class.

Restrict it to its own class even if it's a one make. Or even similar restrictions to the Ferrari cars

Minus about 500hp from the car

remember that the x1 does not exist

That's one reason to have it in the sim.

Yes it is fun to drive but it annoys me online. So make a Red Bull solo race. Like they did to f2007's and f10's.

No car should be solo race only, it's completely ridiculous.

You can already keep it out of races online. Further improvements to lobby making should be the goal.

What I want to see is the Red Bull X2016 (or whatever year it is when GT6 comes out) as a gift for completing all the races in A-Spec mode. That way, B-Spec becomes easier (although I did finish B-Spec before I started A-Spec).

This will probably just end up being a superficial difference. It would be the same as X1 one make racing, except the visuals. Making a ultimate race car can be hard enough, but then trying to make a dozen that are all different but equal would be even harder.

And what is so bad about one make racing anyway? Yes the X1 can only be beat by another X1, but that is still racing. Dodge, Ferrari, Toyota, whoever all have one make races in reality, why can't the X1?

That would give you a F1 killer, not a LMP competitor. Without the fan, the X1 still have wings that are better than F1 cars and a full ground effect underbody. You can't make the X1 as slow as LMP's unless it's towing a dump truck.

However, with weight and power adjustments in GT5, you can turn the X1 into a completely different car. It's fun to drive in unrestricted and restricted form.

It needn't be "a dozen" cars, but--as for the F1s that are currently Ferrari only--I would much prefer a class of cars that offers comparison between different technologies and styles: cars. The "classic quartette" is a good example, as is the GT500 cars. Nothing demands that every car be equal, and one having advantages over another diminishes the fun in driving them all in no way at all.

And what is so bad about one make racing anyway?

I didn't exactly claim it to be the worst of all worlds, but a variety in one class is unarguably better than one. And if one-make racing was the standard to aspire to, we'd have one LM car, one GT500, and so on. I think that throwing the x-cars open to any manufacturer who was interested in offering up a car would be quite an improvement, and--assuming some were interested in the advertising value of the concept--it really can't be inferior to one, single, solitary option.

VTiRoj
I think PD would most likely add all 4 X1's (S.Vettel, Prototype, Coloured and X2011) to GT6. Premiums are basically future-proof, so I don't see any reason (excluding licensing) why any premium from GT5 wouldn't be in GT6.

Perhaps since there's 4 of them, a decent championship can be made for them and possibly a future X2012/3/4/etc could be added too. I know everyone hates how it drives, but some people already hate the FGT and there's a championship just for it. :P

The formula gt is a pain of a butt to drive around a track even with a wheel.same story when you try to tune it around a oval

Last edited:
They should get rid of it; if the motor triathlon car and the Nike One weren't deemed good enough or whatever reason they weren't in GT5, the Red Bull X cars shouldn't be carried to GT6 either.

It needn't be "a dozen" cars, but--as for the F1s that are currently Ferrari only--I would much prefer a class of cars that offers comparison between different technologies and styles: cars. The "classic quartette" is a good example, as is the GT500 cars. Nothing demands that every car be equal, and one having advantages over another diminishes the fun in driving them all in no way at all.
But that's the problem, the X1 is all the technology. I suppose you could find subtle differences in the theoretical ultimate car if you ask one engineer over another, but that person would then still need to actually come up with a car. Also, when you have more than one car, everyone needs to be on the same page when it comes to setting the performance limits. Will materials be the cutting edge of what is currently available, or soon to arrive future technology that isn't quite done being researched yet? Would the engine be a perfect design limited only by thermodynamics or will it take limitations of current engine design into account, etc.

Producing X1's or similar car is probably harder than making other cars, at least if you aim for realism which I think should be the goal, because it's hard to base the design on existing cars. If PD could do it, I would be all for it. A class of X1 racers would be a good addition, but I don't think the differences would be huge, and I don't know if Red Bull would be interested in making a bunch of designs or if PD would find other manufacturers willing to contribute their own X1.

But who knows, maybe it will happen and GT6 will have a X1 championship like GT3's Formula GT final race. And I could be very wrong, the X1 field could end up looking like the unlimited Can Am racing that gave the world the 2J.

I didn't exactly claim it to be the worst of all worlds, but a variety in one class is unarguably better than one. And if one-make racing was the standard to aspire to, we'd have one LM car, one GT500, and so on. I think that throwing the x-cars open to any manufacturer who was interested in offering up a car would be quite an improvement, and--assuming some were interested in the advertising value of the concept--it really can't be inferior to one, single, solitary option.

One make racing isn't the standard to aspire to, it's just one form of racing. The X1 is effectively limited to one make races for serious competition, but that doesn't really discredit it.

I do agree that seeing more X1 cars would be good.

They should get rid of it; if the motor triathlon car and the Nike One weren't deemed good enough or whatever reason they weren't in GT5, the Red Bull X cars shouldn't be carried to GT6 either.

That makes no sense at all.

You obviously didn't make sense of it then :sly:

Motor Triathlon car and Nike One 2022 were cooler and much less annoying. If they couldn't be carried neither should the Red Bull X cars, simple as.

You obviously didn't make sense of it then :sly:

Motor Triathlon car and Nike One 2022 were cooler and much less annoying. If they couldn't be carried neither should the Red Bull X cars, simple as.

What's cooler is opinion. None of these cars are annoying since you don't have to interact with them, the GT4 cars would have been fine in GT5/6, and whatever it is the kept them out of future games is unrelated to the X1.

What's cooler is opinion. None of these cars are annoying since you don't have to interact with them, the GT4 cars would have been fine in GT5/6, and whatever it is the kept them out of future games is unrelated to the X1.

X2010 you have to for 100% completion of GT5 :banghead:

Well seeing as you refuse to accept the X1 is a special car like the Nike One and Motor Triathlon car I'll say this;

Get rid of the X1 because it is the most mentioned car in "five cars you don't want in GT6 thread", if this were an accurate representation of a larger population it would be safe to say the majority would not want to see it in the Gran Turismo series again.

[/Thread]

Back