Thoughts on the Red Bull X1...in GT6?

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 134 comments

Do You Think That The Red Bull X1 Will Be In GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 104 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 28.6%
  • Maybe/Indifferent

Votes: 48 22.5%

• Total voters

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
Simple Question. I think not because of PD's track record with self designed cars (cough...NIKE One 2022 cough...)

I personally think it won't be, because of the online misuse and the fact that it is a featured car of GT5. It is too fast to be useful in anything but a one make series (S. Vettel challenge, for example).

I sincerly hope not. IMO, it's ruined GT5 to an extent, but this is just my opinion.

If it did, it could be limited like the Ferrari F1's. Then it can only be used in rooms made specifically for it.

If it did, it could be limited like the Ferrari F1's. Then it can only be used in rooms made specifically for it.

A good point, but I really hope not. After the Vettel Challenge, it took me full week to drive basic cars normally again. It's hard to explain, but the Red Bull stuffs up my driving skills hugely.

Last edited:
I think it will be. They seem to have a good relationship with Red Bull and Adrian Newey. I'm sure it took a good chunk of time to pen up all the design. Then then went and did it again with the 2011. Unlike the NIKE One 2022 the X1 has multiple model's and has evolved over time.

Look at the FGT, in gt4, you couldn't add tires to it, so it was excluded from a LOT of events... And there was even an event that the FGT can't win! (Like the Wind)

I'd be surprised if it isn't, a lot of time, work and presumably money has been put into the project, and it's evolving. We've had the X2010 and the X2011 so far, let's say purely for the sake of this post GT6 is released in 2012, I imagine they'd put in an updated model called the X2012, or something. It just seems like a lot of effort to use in just one game, who knows? Maybe PD may even work with another F1 team to create a similar car.

I think PD would most likely add all 4 X1's (S.Vettel, Prototype, Coloured and X2011) to GT6. Premiums are basically future-proof, so I don't see any reason (excluding licensing) why any premium from GT5 wouldn't be in GT6.

Perhaps since there's 4 of them, a decent championship can be made for them and possibly a future X2012/3/4/etc could be added too. I know everyone hates how it drives, but some people already hate the FGT and there's a championship just for it. :P

The X1 prototype is a great vehicle to drive; it really shows who has the grits when put into the right hands. This car can separate the men from the boys. Problem is, there's driving assists that make driving this car easy. I like the fact that the Red Bull X1 Challenge is actually difficult, and, besides obtaining the "Gold Standard" trophy, is the most challenging aspect of this game.

I'd welcome another Red Bull prototype into the next entry of the GT series; yet, I ask why my opinion matters anyway...

elston87
The X1 prototype is a great vehicle to drive; it really shows who has the grits when put into the right hands. This car can separate the men from the boys. Problem is, there's driving assists that make driving this car easy. I like the fact that the Red Bull X1 Challenge is actually difficult, and, besides obtaining the "Gold Standard" trophy, is the most challenging aspect of this game.

I'd welcome another Red Bull prototype into the next entry of the GT series; yet, I ask why my opinion matters anyway...

I'd like to see similar concepts, such as Lamborghini's concept that is almost exactly like the x1

Hmmm The designers from all F1 teams creating their own unlimited X cars.

Imagine that

McLaren X2011
Ferrari X2011
Sauber X2011
Williams X2011

Problem is, they'd have to be made similar by some rules and regulations. Which goes against what the X1 was originally designed as, a racing car with no regulations.

Maybe they could just be made to perform similar speeds and lap times, but through the use of different technology. Would be awesome. Anyway I'm losing myself in my own thoughts here

Imagine that

McLaren X2011
Ferrari X2011
Sauber X2011
Williams X2011

Problem is, they'd have to be made similar by some rules and regulations. Which goes against what the X1 was originally designed as, a racing car with no regulations.

Maybe they could just be made to perform similar speeds and lap times, but through the use of different technology. Would be awesome. Anyway I'm losing myself in my own thoughts here

ferrari-race-concept-for-le-mans.jpg

I immediately thought of this.
If that happened (manufacturer X2010/11's), it could actually change the way we think of the RB X2010/11 currently.

slzk
If that happened (manufacturer X2010/11's), it could actually change the way we think of the RB X2010/11 currently.

A long time ago, I had a thread on a Lamborghini equivalent... Think, Ferrari vs. Lamborghini in insanity car series

Sure. On the condition that the subtitle of the game gets changed to "the 'kinda-sorta-not really' real driving simulator"

Heck, put some nitrous on it while you're at it. Go nuts.

I can already see this thread tiring into a "is it real or not thread".

I personally think it would be in gt6, as I see no reason as to why they'd throw it away.

And there was even an event that the FGT can't win! (Like the Wind)

I won that once in an FGT.

Anyway, chances are, it won't be the X2010 in the game. It'll either be X-whatever they develop it up to over the years, or just a new contraption.

It's quite possibly the worst car I ever seen in any racing/car game. It's leagues out of place in Gran Turismo, couldn't care less about the rationale behind it.

But most likely it will return for GT6 :/ I hope to god we don't see other versions of it branded by actual car companies. That would then be too much emphasis on such a fantasy portion of a game that was built and famed off realism.

Based off the development of GT5 after its release, we can pretty much count on GT6 being the perfect Gran Turismo game by about 99.9%. That odd 1% is reserved for stupid additions like the X1.

ferrari-race-concept-for-le-mans.jpg

That looks so cool. I wonder how it would go with 1500hp and ground effect?

I reckon it will be in some form anyway (be it X2012,2013 etc), it's kinda unique to the GT franchise and in some ways an asset.

i think we haven't seen the last of any of the red bulls. gt5 was like a trial run of the next generation game, giving them time to make future-proof models that will run smoothly on a more powerful console. that is probably their game plan now because sony pushed them to finish gt5 quickly and didnt allow them to finish the game properly.

Yes, i think there will be and see no reason why there shouldn't. Its just another case of pseudo-purists insisting their definition of racing on the rest of us. I use it when i feel like it, or not when i don't, i suppose the strive for gold in the vettel challenges does something to a players appreciation of it. If not the same car there will certainly be something of the same school of thought in future editions.

But wheel users cant use it because of garbage FFB that destroys our wheels :(

JTV- Its not a ground effects car.... Its a sucker car. Ground effects is a shaped instead of a flat bottom.
Examples- Ground effects
ground-effects-in-formula-1-6717_4.jpg

Sucker-see the big fan?
bt-46b-1.jpg

Back