Thread closed

I got blue screened twice reinstalling game agin. It happen to me this morning in middle of race. Almost done reinstalling rest mode is a race saver I hope.

My mic is not working - boo... and I can't type in chat box because my wheel won't let me - boo...

Well, my front left keeps overheating no matter how I am racing. I really wish there was an option to go into settings between races. :-(

There's a chat box?!?!
The lower left of the screen in the big box there looks to be a place to highlight and type. At least that is what it looks like. That is on the screen where we all waited and hit the vote to start box.

On another note sorry about that hit Lessen, I carried a lot of speed into turn 3 and got an angle on you but lost traction plowing me into your side :-(

My mic is not working - boo... and I can't type in chat box because my wheel won't let me - boo...

Well, my front left keeps overheating no matter how I am racing. I really wish there was an option to go into settings between races. :-(
That is actually good feedback. Going forward I will have a practice session set up between races so folks can make adjustments. Once everyone is ready, I'll manually start the races.

Also, since not everyone has mics, I as the host will call out "green green green" for races 2 and 3.

17784162994_a47393b057_c.jpg

Thanks to everyone that came out tonight. All in all, I think the night went smooth and the racing was a blast. Looked to be some great battles throughout the field I will make some minor changes to the schedule/process and will update the regulations later this week.

Below are the results from tonight's races at Silverstone International

The top 10 from tonight will be locked into the provisional grid to start the season. All others will need to go through KOQ next week.

Unofficial Results

Current Individual Standings

18408456091_616013f652_c.jpg

18219533170_312847763a_c.jpg

Nurburgring Sprint

Race Length - 15 Laps

Per the above post - Below are the top 10 drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Nurburgring Sprint by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week or Confirmed). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. flatspunout
  2. austindecker - Confirmed
  3. dpinho1975
  4. GrimGrnninGhost - Confirmed
  5. Waldron95
  6. serge_1919
  7. Mightymopar - Confirmed
  8. Lessenjr
  9. Somebodyshootme
  10. Wardenclyffe
All other series drivers not list as confirmed above will need to qualify for the race via the Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure

Last edited:
The lower left of the screen in the big box there looks to be a place to highlight and type. At least that is what it looks like. That is on the screen where we all waited and hit the vote to start box.

On another note sorry about that hit Lessen, I carried a lot of speed into turn 3 and got an angle on you but lost traction plowing me into your side :-(

It's cool man. I think it will take a bit of time to get acclimated to this game. I know I made the same type of mistake myself on Serge at one point (got a good run and didn't back up breaking point). It's cool though, I think the racing will continue to get better by all as we continue to learn

Sad I had to run off after only one race as it was looking like I would be able to skip KOQ next week. Oh wells, nothing wrong with a few extra laps. I love qualifying anyway. Cheers guys great race last night, was an awesome battle for P2-P5 for basically the entire race

17911408428_6e35f2f0c5_c.jpg

As previously mentioned, last night allowed us to run through a full race night to fine tune any issues/changes before we kick off the official season. Based on last nights race, the following changes are put into place

• Since the KOQ session as been reduced to 30 mins, the following schedule will be in place going forward
    • KOQ lobby opens at 8:00pm
      • KOQ session will start @ 8:10 and will run for 30 mins in practice mode
        • This will allow time for the host to send out invitations and allow time for KOQ drivers to get in the lobby and ready for the start of KOQ
  • A practice session will be set up between each race so as to allow drivers to quickly get on track so they can make adjustments to their tunes between races
    • At the end of the 5-10 minute break and when directed by the host, all drivers are to head onto the track and meet up in turn 1. This is to let the host know everyone is ready to race.
  • Since not everyone in the lobby has mics,
    • As the field is getting lined up for the start of race 2 and 3, the host will call out "GREEN GREEN GREEN" to start the race as the field is coming to the start/finish line.
    • Remember, no passing until after the start/finish line
I think that was it from last night. It seemed to go pretty well for our first time out however we will continue to refine the regulations as we work through this process. Thanks for your patience and flexibility during this time

Additionally, we do have a couple more spots open so if you know of any clean and respectful drivers that is looking for a series to race in, please send them over.

If you have any questions, please let me know

Regards, Grim

Also, Grim what happened to you in last nights first race? You were chasing me down for P4 for like two laps gaining ground steadily, and then I looked in my rearview and it was like you had vanished in to thin air?

Also, Grim what happened to you in last nights first race? You were chasing me down for P4 for like two laps gaining ground steadily, and then I looked in my rearview and it was like you had vanished in to thin air?

It was good times indeed until then. I got on the gas just a bit too much coming out of the final corner leading to the front stretch with the front wheels turned just a bit too much and looped it. That actually happened two or three times last night and something I need to work on. Just a bit to anxious to get back on the gas at times.

I tell you one thing though, I had a great time last night as there was some really good battles with several folks and we should have a great first season

I surprised myself. I ran quite a few 1:09s last night. I didn't think I would have that pace. I love how you can continually see the current gap to the car for and aft of your position. This game is so awesome!

Had fun last night guys, I really like the format and am looking forward to the rest of the season. Grim will we be running full damage for the official races going forward?

Had fun last night guys, I really like the format and am looking forward to the rest of the season. Grim will we be running full damage for the official races going forward?
Not this season. I wanted to start off basic and then add features in follow-on seasons. Being that this is a new game for all of us, wanted to take baby steps while we got used to it.

I made some last minute adjustments to the Beemer last night prior to the race and will use this as the base tune going into this week at Nurburgring Sprint

The main adjustments is I added rear downforce, changed the Limited Slip Deceleration Lock to 80 and soften the rear sway bar a bit more. The full tune is listed below. I plan to run some tests this weekend and will adjust as needed

18241355309_6b34c8a34f_o.png

Interesting...80 on the LSD-D and a softer rear bar seems like it would make the schoolbus-like turn in of the BMW into something resembling a snowplow :D

lol - I never claim to be a tuner however this helped me. Im sure there are better options but have not played around enough with it yet

Interesting...80 on the LSD-D and a softer rear bar seems like it would make the schoolbus-like turn in of the BMW into something resembling a snowplow :D

lol - I never claim to be a tuner however this helped me. Im sure there are better options but have not played around enough with it yet

I thought the same thing flat, and his setup already seems tight to me. But tuning is just as much about personal preference as it is finding speed I think. I like my setup, but it has it's drawbacks and they seemed quite evident last night. Nurb short might highlight my setup's shortcoming even more with that long fall away right turn. I think I need more overall roll stiffness, but laterally, not longitudinally.

Oh yeah... who else is racing on the sticks?

I continue to be astounded at the loss of what feels to me like basic functionality from the PS3 to the PS4. Last night I tried googling a fix for the mic volume issue after the first race - how the mic chat is at least 6 db louder (more than twice as loud) as the game sound if I don't have the mic/earbud connected, causing all but my center channel speaker to clip. Unfortunately, nothing can be done short of muting everyone. I hate that my Bluetooth devices are not and will not be supported, forcing me into using Sony's puzzling choice of restricting it to technology that's quite a bit older than current HS graduates. And I also hate that it failed to deliver any of Grim's invites after I was disconnected on the first "real" lap of race 2, despite having no illusions I'd be battling anyone in that race.

My personal PCars fun/frustration ratio is tipping too far in the wrong direction. Not just my personal preference issues - things like the inability to make global or persistent changes to your HUD (who thought having your speedo in the bottom right corner was the best place for it?) or how "saved" tuning settings change from session to session and/or day to day. But mainly with how each car feels almost identical, though scaled in response, to every other car in the game and how it generally feels more like steering a boat than driving a car. But that's always been my perception of the Madness engine, the same engine the Shift series used (also developed by SMS). So, shame on me for thinking this would be any different with no empirical evidence to prove otherwise. Though to be fair, PCars is nowhere near the boat sim that either of the Shift titles were.

I'm going to keep trying for now and hope for a breakthrough.

I'm sure there will be patches for the obvious issues in time.

FYI guys: if you've bern invited to a session once, you do not need another invite should you leave it get DC'd. Find the host in your friends list, when you select you'll be able to see that person is currently in an online lobby. As long as you've already been invited, the box will read "join". Just select that box and you'll be taken directly to the lobby.

I'm sure there will be patches for the obvious issues in time.

FYI guys: if you've bern invited to a session once, you do not need another invite should you leave it get DC'd. Find the host in your friends list, when you select you'll be able to see that person is currently in an online lobby. As long as you've already been invited, the box will read "join". Just select that box and you'll be taken directly to the lobby.
Thank you! I'll give that a shot next time.
There is another way to get in again.
Go to: Notifications > Invitations.
That definitely doesn't work for me. Once accepted, my Notifications section clears past alerts that have been acted upon.

That definitely doesn't work for me. Once accepted, my Notifications section clears past alerts that have been acted upon.
Brother, you talking about the following menu: Notifications > Notifications. Indeed, they do clear itself after reading.
What I was talking is about: Notifications > Invitations. They remain there. Check it out.

Back