Thread closed

I'm setting up a 30 minute practice session at Silverstone International now...send me a message on PSN with WRRC in it and I will shoot an invite your way

17579978163_d4647dbee3_c.jpg

Silverstone International (Pre-Season)

Race Length - 21 Laps

Per the above post - Below are the top 10 drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Silverstone International by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week or Confirmed). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. GrimGrnninGhost - Confirmed
  2. Wardenclyffe - Confirmed
  3. zii1993 - Confirmed
  4. Lessenjr - Confirmed
  5. BigMoMo101 - Confrimed
  6. PICHON617 - Confirmed
  7. cudirage13 - Confrimed
  8. jlbowler - Unable to race this week
  9. PropaneCrazy
  10. dpinho1975 - Confrimed
All other series drivers not list as confirmed above will need to qualify for the race via the "Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure"

Any1 want to share their tune?

Dang, I just got offline too. Heh.

Anyways, mine is pretty much stock except for a simple tranny adjustment.
  1. 2.33
  2. 1.68
  3. 1.35
  4. 1.14
  5. 1.00
  6. Rear End: 4.15
Steering Ratio 14.6. That's really just personal preference though. I just did about 20 laps and my best is now 1:10.402. I don't know how competitive that is though since everybody's so quiet :D Everything else is still stock.

The learning curve in this game seems to be different than GT6, at least for me. Today was the first time I've had the game on since probably Thursday and I initially struggled to find the same pace I had last week, but it quickly came to me then I was suddenly running significantly quicker times than I had previously. That just seems odd to me because in GT6 I would have plateaued by now.

My 2nd 10-lap session uploading now...

In the spirit of sharing information to help others, here is what I plan to run with this week. Was able to run 1:09.3. Watch the left front as it will get hot if you push really hard. Blank cells indicate stock setting

18332239335_e32e2e7862_o.png

Hope it helps

@Zii1993 I'm not sure, I assume that any excessive sliding will deteriorate grip quicker, but as far as the unbalance effect, I'm not sure. I have noticed that putting a tire off will temporarily reduce grip at that tire until it is cleaned, even though it's temperature may not be effected.

Not a particularly good looking lap here, but it's my quickest thus far...

That sounds so good. When the G29 hits the shelves I've got to buy PCARS just for that ;)

Interesting setup @GGGMotorsport. I gave that a try, but it's not to my liking. It's a bit tight for my driving style. I did some tinkering and I've got my front springs down to 80, rears at 40 and rear bar up to 40. Front slow rebounds down to 9000, rears up to 8200.

PB 1:09.692

For me, this setup is more stable so I can push it a little harder. Mostly I can be more aggressive with kerbs vs. the stock setup. I can also stand on it if necessary over the crest at T3 without spinning the rears. Our races aren't super long, so hopefully the softer car won't murder tires too quickly. Anyways, I think that's what I'm gonna run tomorrow. I've had my fill of self-teaching for the day :) Looking forward to tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
18343712696_f0c05fb102_c.jpg

Silverstone International (Pre-Season)

Race Length - 21 Laps

Lobby will open for Knock Out Qualification participants ONLY at 8:00pm Eastern. Send me a PM when you are ready to join KOQ and I'll send you an invite
Main Event lobby will then be open to all Main Event participants @8:45pm Eastern. Below are the drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Silverstone International by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. GrimGrnninGhost - Confirmed
  2. Wardenclyffe - Confirmed
  3. zii1993 - Unable to race this week
  4. Lessenjr - Confirmed
  5. BigMoMo101 - Confirmed
  6. PICHON617 - Confirmed
  7. cudirage13 - Unable to race in this series
  8. jlbowler - Unable to race this week
  9. PropaneCrazy
  10. dpinho1975 - Confirmed
All other series drivers not list as confirmed above will need to qualify for the race via the "Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure"

Last edited:
Tonight should be blast and hope most of you can make it to the track.

One thing I would like to ask though. Everyone make sure you know how to mute your mics during the races as I do require them to be muted.

Thanks.

Alright guys. Just got news that I will need to attend family supper. Might be running late for the race. :(

It's with deep regret that I unfortunately have to retire from this season before we even begin. Due to an unforeseen turn of events I will not be able to make the race times since Tuesdays are no longer good for me. It was fun driving in you guys' company while I had the chance. Plenty of good drivers in this community.

I'll be on tonight, I'll unfortunately be late to the knock qualify at 8pm est if I read things correctly.

It's with deep regret that I unfortunately have to retire from this season before we even begin. Due to an unforeseen turn of events I will not be able to make the race times since Tuesdays are no longer good for me. It was fun driving in you guys' company while I had the chance. Plenty of good drivers in this community.
Thanks for letting me know. Hope to see you on the track some other time. It was fun racing with you

Good news is that KOQ will not be needed this week as we will have plenty of space for everyone to race. I would still like to have people show up for KOQ if they can (even if they are in the top 10) so we can fully run through the process for next week when we officially kick off the sereis.

Thanks

Latest Posts

Back