Thread of moderate smugness and self congratulation

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 266 comments
I’m trying to use a 919 Porsche instead of the Bugatti. It’s been a nice day. I was able to put a 1:17.9 with it, get 2 second places, 3 poles and and 3 wins. But the differences between Asian/European times to American times is strange. Sometimes I think that maybe their testing different parameters for physics in sport mode depending on the region? Does it sound right?
They have their own strengths, which is nice to see :)
Before that happened I had a Porsche 919 battle me for the win the whole race (his qualifying was less than 1/10th of a second away from mine)

Oh this was way beyond prime time, I was pretty much seal clubbing. 1:17s are common here, and the upper half of the Top 10 is 1:16. Or maybe those times are different from American times as well?

I didn't win, but today I went from 10th to 3rd with a clean race bonus! On the manufacturers race. I've only won 3 races (all Race A), so this felt like my best race yet. I have a tough time finishing top 5 in the long races. I'm a drB/srS
I don't know if it was you but i saw something similar to this on a ps4 community post,anyways congratulations

Was at 3am in the morning
The last alien finally went to sleep
I don't think this is "moderate" smugness

Ha, the man qualifies at 1:17 and doesn't think himself an alien. :lol:

I've had a good weekend. 2 fast laps at Tokyo both with a 2nd place finish and clean race bonus. I got 2 seconds and a third at Blue Moon mainly on fuel strategy. The highlight was winning at Blue Moon in an NSX and getting fast lap. All my work paid off as my SR went from low B on friday to S late last night.

Now things get back to normal chasing all those aliens.

Ha, the man qualifies at 1:17 and doesn't think himself an alien. :lol:

I've had a good weekend. 2 fast laps at Tokyo both with a 2nd place finish and clean race bonus. I got 2 seconds and a third at Blue Moon mainly on fuel strategy. The highlight was winning at Blue Moon in an NSX and getting fast lap. All my work paid off as my SR went from low B on friday to S late last night.

Now things get back to normal chasing all those aliens.
unnamed.gif

Haha, I like to think of myself as a cut above the rest, but definitely not an alien. Just here in GTP you can already see a whole different breed of racers :lol:

Last edited:
View attachment 715399
Haha, I like to think of myself as a cut above the rest, but definitely not an alien. Just here in GTP you can already a whole different breed of racers :lol:

I’d call myself an astronaut. I want to be with the aliens... but I have to narrow down the scope, so I can be right bellow them. I don’t play cars or tracks that I don’t like. It would be too frustrating. I’m already at the limit of time I can dedicate to this...

I’d call myself an astronaut. I want to be with the aliens... but I have to narrow down the scope, so I can be right bellow them. I don’t play cars or tracks that I don’t like. It would be too frustrating. I’m already at the limit of time I can dedicate to this...
I feel you man. I can only play competitively on select tracks and classes. Anything else and I'm just as good as a B rank driver
Astronaut sounds likea good term :D Mind if I call myself one? I did this 5 minutes ago if you want some proof :P
IMG_20180219_135421.jpg

I feel you man. I can only play competitively on select tracks and classes. Anything else and I'm just as good as a B rank driver
Astronaut sounds likea good term :D Mind if I call myself one? I did this 5 minutes ago if you want some proof :P
View attachment 715403

Sure!

Nice! Last Gr. Race at Nurb GP I got 7th in leaderboard by the end of the day. It was awesome! I posted the lap and a race here somewhere. Maybe 2 pages back.

Sure!

Nice! Last Gr. Race at Nurb GP I got 7th in leaderboard by the end of the day. It was awesome! I posted the lap and a race here somewhere. Maybe 2 pages back.
Gettng a Top 10 time during the first 5 hours is one thing, but getting into the Top 10 by the end of the day is exhilarating!
I think I saw that post as well, pretty darn fast I must say!

Trying to get the clean race bonus and I'm at SRb did the one make race, didn't qualify to try and start at rear. First corner people are driving so slow, make a pass and the dude is trying to push me off track just like AI does. I was worried he ruined my clean race but he didn't! Ended up going from 12th to 4th place and almost got the fastest lap but I was being careful in passing slower people slowing my pace. Just want to get this challenge done and it's nerve racking depending on others for clean driving.

Ugh, I was one race away from it and a Brazilian with poop connection quality bumped me, it wasn't intentional but ugh! What a bummer.

Ugh, I was one race away from it and a Brazilian with poop connection quality bumped me, it wasn't intentional but ugh! What a bummer.
I didn't even bother with that anymore, since I figured my DR would take a big hit if I accomplished that. Kudos to your dedication :cheers:

I've won 9 races in GTS, but I think my best ever race happened last night with the Bugatti Gr4 nations race, and I didn't even win

Started 18th out of 18 and I finished 5th. 13 positions gained!

I passed 4 cars in the second turn on the first lap :lol: it was crazy haha

Last edited:
Iv only raced 10 races in the past two weeks, I've won 8/10 . B/B ranking. I haven't touched my S/A account in a few weeks though.

I finally made it to DR:A a couple of days a go. Been on the brink for about two months, so pleased to finally get across the line.

Hogged as many top 10 times as I can on the new Monza circuit experience :D
They're probably long gone by now though :(
FB_IMG_1519878507549.jpg
FB_IMG_1519878515624.jpg

Sorry Sofia Speed :P
FB_IMG_1519878513053.jpg
FB_IMG_1519878510074.jpg

I had my toughest victory yet, a hard fought battle for first place, a real nail biter
xbHc.jpg

Clean race bonus as well, I think I cracked the new penalty system!
ybHc.jpg

For some reason my DR remained unchanged after the race :P
I'm so confused. Were you the only one in that race?

As already stated in another thread, I've opened up 2 other accounts to play in other regions.
Managed a 2:00.3xx qualifying on the Canadian id @Alsace. Granted, I'm E/A but was pitted against mainly B's, a few A's and the token S guy.
Pole, fastest lap and win.
Smug mode enabled! :D

Top days racing! 3 poles on race B Nurburgring, 4 wins and 4 fastest laps! Then started 4th in the Manufacturers race and got fastest lap and a win by 12 seconds!

Back