Thrustmaster Reveals PS4-Only BT LED Display Unit

Assetto Corsa not supported:
Dirt Rally never getting supported:
GT Sport not supported:
No mount:
No Charging cable:
No Sale !.

Think I’ll wait to see what updates bring.

I have a t300 rs ferrari gte edition.

Would I able to mount this on my steering?

Im right now 50/50 about getting this product.

Assetto Corsa not supported:
Dirt Rally never getting supported:
GT Sport not supported:
No mount:
No Charging cable:
No Sale !.

Think I’ll wait to see what updates bring.

Mounting this is my only concern, it doesn’t appear it will mount easily onto the wheel base, and I’m definitely not attaching it to the rim because I need full rotation (hand over hand) in rally titles. Likely will mount it below the TV monitor.

No cable? No problem. Mini USB cables abound in my world. :)

Mounting this is my only concern, it doesn’t appear it will mount easily onto the wheel base, and I’m definitely not attaching it to the rim because I need full rotation (hand over hand) in rally titles. Likely will mount it below the TV monitor.

No cable? No problem. Mini USB cables abound in my world. :)

Yeah I was just having a rant mentioning the cable , but for the price of the unit you would expect one.
You’d have thought they would’ve designed it around all the wheels in the eco system especially as it’s PS4 specific.
I have a rig so I do have a few options for mounting due to the frame and option to adjust tv height. I’ve used phone apps before for F1 and project cars and use phone of tablet mounts.
I’ll add a few photos maybe they could be of help.
I personally won’t buy this until it works on assetto corsa and GTSport unfortunately codemasters say they have no intention of supporting it for Dirt Rally .
Maybe the phone holder with flexible arm could be used to put the New BT display in and use it just behind the rim as I do with the iPhone.

Attachments

• BABFC078-0366-4E6F-A152-E969E1C15904.jpeg
    BABFC078-0366-4E6F-A152-E969E1C15904.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 2B5C5F54-820A-44FD-BCED-851998F2F8E4.jpeg
    2B5C5F54-820A-44FD-BCED-851998F2F8E4.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 437299A1-0FE3-4E51-A03C-AA7C935B9CFA.jpeg
    437299A1-0FE3-4E51-A03C-AA7C935B9CFA.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Well for anyone interested, I am going to remove the BT led from my rim. It's not the best place for having it there.

It's too close to my eyes.

If I forget to unplug the power cable whiles booting the ps4, the full 900 degrees calibration routine is not a pleasant thing to witness.

I will make an aluminium frame for it this week.

Whohaa @stevefoz , nice kit there!!!!!!

Yeah I was just having a rant mentioning the cable , but for the price of the unit you would expect one.
You’d have thought they would’ve designed it around all the wheels in the eco system especially as it’s PS4 specific.
I have a rig so I do have a few options for mounting due to the frame and option to adjust tv height. I’ve used phone apps before for F1 and project cars and use phone of tablet mounts.
I’ll add a few photos maybe they could be of help.
I personally won’t buy this until it works on assetto corsa and GTSport unfortunately codemasters say they have no intention of supporting it for Dirt Rally .

Well for anyone interested, I am going to remove the BT led from my rim. It's not the best place for having it there.

If I forget to unplug the power cable whiles booting the ps4, the full 900 degrees calibration routine is not a pleasant thing to witness.

Placing it on the base is my prefered location. I guess the best location is about in the middle between your eyes and the screen.
On the TS-PC racer rim it is also fairly to the eyes, but after a while you do get used to it.

I had the Same problem when I mounted the iPhone on the F1 rim, even tho it’s smaller than the BT display it was way too close ... also made the mistake of switching on my PS4 whilst I had the cable plugged in charging .
If you look on my photo behind the rim on top of the base I used an iPhone there and it worked for me.
I haven’t tried it there with the 599xx rim tho, I’m presuming that the BT display is to big to be mounted just above the rim ?

haha, not elegant indeed, but much better.

Oh and the inside of real race cars isn't that elegant either. It does the job.

This way the BTled is at decent distance from my eye.

I wish the BTled would remember the light strength so that I would not have to set it each time I boot.

haha, not elegant indeed, but much better.

Oh and the inside of real race cars isn't that elegant either. It does the job.

This way the BTled is at decent distance from my eye.

I wish the BTled would remember the light strength so that I would not have to set it each time I boot.

Too bad for the holes in your nice leather G25 rim. Still a nice diy low budget setup!

Saw rumors PD is adding support for the Fanatec CSLE in content update tomorrow... Perhaps the BT LED support will be added too?

Last edited:
Those aluminimum tubes are not cheap. But I guess you refer to the level op unpolishness. True, but solid as rock. Not like those playseat things.

Those aluminimum tubes are not cheap. But I guess you refer to the level op unpolishness. True, but solid as rock. Not like those playseat things.
Sorry didnt mean to call your rig "cheap". I am happy with my playseat Challenge though, The only choice that includes a wheel and seat mounting solution, that is also collapsable.

I dont like those playseat evolution/revolutions though. I have been researching future upgrade options and actually the Sensation Pro is actually a solid rig (but expensive) up high on my shortlist. But thats a story for another day.

Dont count on AC support. They already anounced they stopped development for it. GTsport should be coming... i'm hoping for the march update tomorrow!

I did get a tweet from Thrustmaster saying that AC and GTS was being worked on and one from Codemaster
Saying that they weren’t planning to support it at the moment which is a shame considering they supported Dirt 4 and F1 2017.

Attachments

• 24A4A10D-B226-45A3-97DE-F9DFE43A4E59.jpeg
    24A4A10D-B226-45A3-97DE-F9DFE43A4E59.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 47
Is anyone able to take a picture of the back side of this device? Preferably a close up, but not TOO close. :)

Side view @cjr3559 , the aluminium rod is 20x20 mm

You can see the power connector and the bulge that contains the battery

Attachments

• 8D420CBC-6F3B-472C-A136-9A7AE4DA652C.jpeg
    8D420CBC-6F3B-472C-A136-9A7AE4DA652C.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 76
Sorry didnt mean to call your rig "cheap". I am happy with my playseat Challenge though, The only choice that includes a wheel and seat mounting solution, that is also collapsable.

I dont like those playseat evolution/revolutions though. I have been researching future upgrade options and actually the Sensation Pro is actually a solid rig (but expensive) up high on my shortlist. But thats a story for another day.

I am 1.96 and 105 kg. That would put the playseat challenge to a real challenge :). I never figured what folks like about the PS evolution models. With the beam between you legs, it's leans to motorbike experience, rather than a car.

I did get a tweet from Thrustmaster saying that AC and GTS was being worked on and one from Codemaster
Saying that they weren’t planning to support it at the moment which is a shame considering they supported Dirt 4 and F1 2017.

Both Dirt and AC are not being worked on any longer. Accept that changes are zero that either game will support BT Led.

I am 1.96 and 105 kg. That would put the playseat challenge to a real challenge :). I never figured what folks like about the PS evolution models. With the beam between you legs, it's leans to motorbike experience, rather than a car.
OT: I agree. Have a look at RSeat https://www.rseat-europe.com. I have an RS1 and it's awesome. I've had some guests of your size and they have had no problem fitting in the seat :)

Prices are heavy too!

I'll stick with my 14 year old home brewn rig. I guess it will last me another 14.

In those days, PlaySeat wasn't even born.

Prices are heavy too!

I'll stick with my 14 year old home brewn rig. I guess it will last me another 14.

In those days, PlaySeat wasn't even born.

If it ain’t broke.. why should you! I guess the drivehub came out at a good time for you. Since using the display, I have been eying a Momo mod 27c, which basically is a d shaped wheel with the top cut of. That way I can mount the display at the exact position I want. However... this will cost me some serious €€. Buying it from ricmotech or trying to build it myself does not make a lot of difference in the end (€ 400-€ 500) I will still need to outsource the drilling. For that price I can buy a whole new setup... Anyone know a good dares who sells or builds this for a fair price?
813C3E06-D198-40BA-91B8-3937492A1AFC.jpeg

Last edited:
I am returning it to the shop. Not entirely satisfied with it. AC and Dirt will never gonna be supported and those are games a do play.

I read that also, but my interpretation is that is totally not confirmed in any way. And we know AC is finished, let alone some bugs to sort out. Adding new functionality in this stage is something I do not expect to happen.

I read that also, but my interpretation is that is totally not confirmed in any way. And we know AC is finished, let alone some bugs to sort out. Adding new functionality in this stage is something I do not expect to happen.
I thinks so too. But unlike you I much prefer PCars2. Without the mods the PC version has, The ps4 version of AC is just not that good.

Does anyone have any updates on this device? Release date was May 15. Amazon doesn’t have much info, and Newegg says release date is May 31.

I had it 2 months ago already and returned it due too the poor software support.

I actually came close to buying this. With its limited support just did not feel the need to shell out 280 dollars.

I do wish it worked on all racing games I have but it does not :(

Back