Thrustmaster T-GT II Leaks Ahead of June 23 Reveal

Or BackIICompete could mean that Thrustmaster wants to compete again with other wheel manufacturers but on a higher level.

Never mind, it doesn't make any sense what I wrote.

Last edited:
For comparaison the DD1 power supply output 480w with 20nm max torque at the wheel.
This new wheel with a 400w power supply should in theroy be able to handle 15nm more or less...

So can we guess the price with the wheel base Alone between 599€/$ and Maybe 799€/$ ?

Since the new CSL DD with 8nm/180w at 479€
The Podium DD1 with 20nm/480w at 1199€

Considering Thrustmaster uses a lot more plastic part than Fanatec, this new wheel with +/-15nm and 400w can be placed around 600 or 800€.

what do you Think and would you buy it at that price wheel base only ?

Last edited:
For comparaison the DD1 power supply output 480w with 20nm max torque at the wheel.
This new wheel with a 400w power supply should in theroy be able to handle 15nm more or less...

So can we guess the price with the wheel base Alone between 599€/$ and Maybe 799€/$ ?

Since the new CSL DD with 8nm/180w at 479€
The Podium DD1 with 20nm/480w at 1199€

Considering Thrustmaster uses a lot more plastic part than Fanatec, this new wheel with +/-15nm and 400w can be placed around 600 or 800€.

what do you Think and would you buy it at that price wheel base only ?

T-GT and TS-PC also using 400W PSU , guess it's just a T-GT 2nd gen

Last edited:
If their pedals aren't sub-par again, this could be a great option. But I suspect the same ol' T3PA Pro pedals will be included since there's only a mention of the wheel to generate buzz.

Jerome

If it is not a direct drive wheel I will be very disappointed. Thrustmaster had plenty of time to work on one. Look at the reviews of the fanatec csl dd, it is very impressive especially for the price point. Fanatec is already onto second generation direct drive here, thrustmaster hasn’t even got its first gen ready, if they don’t come up with one soon they are just not competitive and lose its market share.

imo it's T-GT7 for GT7 - name spells cute and everybody will see that this bundle is a follower of T-GT.
this name looks like 2nd iteration/chapter of T-GT, that's why we see "BackIICompete" with "2" and not with "To".
BackIICompete in the new game, not (or and) to compete with Fanatec or Logi.
DCC is wheelbase, RTF is rim, Turbo is power supply, next thursday we'll see pedals, and 23/06 we'll see bundle

Last edited:
Only having a modded to the moon set of Logi's, how do the TP3As compare? (I alway assumed they'd at least be a step up from the ones I got.)
I have not had anything thrustmaster in a while, in part because their pedal choices. They seem to make decent bases but I went fanatec and stuck with them.

TGT 2?

Attachments

• 94i8cl2c9z471.png
    94i8cl2c9z471.png
    107 KB · Views: 126
  • njlcpk2c9z471.png
    njlcpk2c9z471.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 87
  • cle1sl2c9z471.png
    cle1sl2c9z471.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 121
So no DD wheel. Thrustmaster will never learn. A simple new wheel like that isn't big news anymore, and Thrustmaster is so mysterious about this new wheel that it's like they invented fire all over again.

Honestly it looks like a recycled TGT.
While it may prove to be genuine, it looks like a Reddit post from a chap with a week-old account who's not provided a URL for anyone else to go and check the cached version for verification.

While it may prove to be genuine, it looks like a Reddit post from a chap with a week-old account who's not provided a URL for anyone else to go and check the cached version for verification.
As with all rumors, take it with a grain of salt, until final proof can be delivered.

That being said, it seems weird to fake the new product as something so mundane and disappointing. Why not mock up a photo of a direct drive wheel base with a Thrustmaster logo on it, or something more to generate more attention and hype? This just seems like a fart in church.

Unless, the "leaker" is working for Fanatec or something and wants to steal some of TM's thunder prior to launch.... I don't know, just too many questions... So much doesn't make sense if this turns out to be true or not. If it is true, Thrustmaster's got some problems. Announcing a re-hashed 5 year old belt wheel for $750, right after Fanatec launches a DD Base for $350?

Just hurts my head to think about.

Only having a modded to the moon set of Logi's, how do the TP3As compare? (I alway assumed they'd at least be a step up from the ones I got.)
t3pa & t3pa pro are pure trash with horrible not adjustable deadzones, too soft springs and stupid calibration system
I used logitech earlier and to be honest I liked their pedals more
but thrustmaster now have t-lcm with loadcell and hall sensors in their lineup and they are pretty great for the price

Last edited:
After going to a DD1 I can never go back. Thrustmaster looks and feels like a cheap toy once you've gone that route.

t3pa & t3pa pro are pure trash with horrible not adjustable deadzones, too soft springs and stupid calibration system
I used logitech earlier and to be honest I liked their pedals more
but thrustmaster now have t-lcm with loadcell and hall sensors in their lineup and they are pretty great for the price
So, if I want to upgrade, then I should look to the new Fanatec set, (Which is supposed to be a load cell kit for under $200) is what you're saying.

So, if I want to upgrade, then I should look to the new Fanatec set, (Which is supposed to be a load cell kit for under $200) is what you're saying.
have you read last part of that message?

t-lcm are fine, even great for their price (loadcell + hall sensors)
I have them now and really can't say any bad words about them beside throttle spring was little bit too soft for me but I swapped it in like 2-3 mins for that one from clutch and now it's perfect - I did same thing in logitech pedal set too when I used them

but you should avoid other thrustmaster pedals like t3pa or t3pa pro for sure

and I think if you want fanatec you need go for v3 pedals
problem with csl elite + loadcell kit is that they still have potentiometers inside so I wouldn't recommend them never because potentiometers usually causing some problems after some time

Last edited:

Hmmm for 750€,i hope its a decent upgrade over TGT. By the pictures it seems its almost the same.At least they could bundle it with Tlcm pedals.

I mean for 350eur you get 5nm DD (TGT is 6nm,so not really much of difference) +200€ rim+80€ pedals. That's 630eur and you can even upgrade to loadcell. Total cost about 750€ same as TGT 2.

Only thing i would think if you play mostly GT sport, maybe TGT 2 has features that are really worth it in that game.

I mean for 350eur you get 5nm DD (TGT is 6nm,so not really much of difference) +200€ rim+80€ pedals. That's 630eur and you can even upgrade to loadcell. Total cost about 750€ same as TGT 2
DD is 350 + new CSL LC is 200 + Rim is 200 + chip/thing for PS5 compatibility and Sony's licensing is 50 = 800 and it's far better than 750's simple plastic pedals with belt-driven base. 50 additional euros worth it...even 100.

Latest Posts

Back