Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So there it is, NO DD wheel. Not a big suprise..
I wonder if Kazunori Yamauchi knows what is Direct Drive wheel.
kaz.png

699 GBP, 799 USD, 799 Euro.
Pretty expensive for a non-DD Wheel, isnt it?
Okay, pedals are included but lets take the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 racing wheel with their CSL Elite pedals (available as a set for 520 Euro) and add the LC, which adds another 140 Euro. Thats a total of 660 Euro against the new TM package at 800 Euro.. For the US Thomas mentioned that he is positive to get a deal with Sony after E3 - the price in the US would be even less because the Tax would be withdrawn so thats maybe 600 USD vs 800 USD..

Dont know the specs of the wheel yet (they only claim 40 Watt servo motor but whats that in NM for example?) but I dont know if that price difference is worth it...

The pedal faces have always been metal on the T3PA, it just has plastic pedal arms below.

Check out the T300GT package, which includes what looks to be the same custom pedal faces on the T3PA pedal set.

So Thrustmaster is selling us something which surely must have a different motor from the TS-PC Racer (despite both listing 40W), otherwise the pricing doesn't add up. €100 pedal set, €500-550 wheelbase, maybe another €50 on top for the special GT rim. Only gets me to €700, but the MSRP of this new wheel is €800.... Zoiks.

What a load of guff that press release is. Have you ever read anything more ridiculous in your life?
Exactly what I was thinking, Thrustmaster do love random marketing fluff though that doesn't actually say anything, the ridiculous trademarked names are always a highlight.

Will have to wait for some hands on impressions.

Too be honest It's what I was expecting. Not disappointed in the slightest really. However I will await the Reviews first before I look to purchase. Is there a Date for the Wheel or is that going to be Released with GT Sport?

With a price of something like 400-500€ maybe this could have been an interesting package. 800€ seems like a joke. The special Force Feedback features for gran turismo seem very gimmicky, pedals are not that great and if the internals are really the same as TS-PC, I don't see any way this can compete with the Csl elite ps4 wheel. After all you can get the Fanatec wheel with great load cell pedals for a much lower price and quite possibly the ffb will also be better..

Last edited:
Compare this picture to the internals of the TS-PC Racer from that youtube video posted in the last page:

TS-PC Racer internals.JPG

Very similar, although the rear exit fan is a lot bigger on the T-GT. Motor and belts look the same.

And later on in the video you can just glimpse the second belt (highlighted by me badly in red):
TS-PC Racer belts.JPG

Last edited:
Concerned that it doesn't seem to support PC or PS3.

I'm intrigued by the T-DFB (Will it make GTS FFB go from meh to potentially genre leading?), wonder if other wheels could get firmware updates to support it in the future...

Hopefully GTS build at E3 doesn't have any countersteering aids, also will be good if it has weather effects, night races, damage, improved graphics and more tracks available (I also want the Moon back, that might be unlikely but racing on there would be so much fun!).

Looking forward to reading @Jordan impressions with the wheel.

Can't believe the price. This is surely down to the ridiculous GTS only feature and assuming every GT hardcore fan will rush out and buy it? Don't know, maybe it's just me, but if i buy a wheel and one of its selling features only works with one game then i wouldn't be happy knowing that, especially if i had no intention of buying that game.

The wheel looks like a toy too.

I know. But the T3PGT pedal set arm also is it looks like metal! Look at it well.
Well if you compare it to this: http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/peripherals/t300rsgt/ there is indeed a kind of seam on the front of the pedal arms on the plastic T300GT set, which is familiar from my own T3PAs. So you might be right that they have put metal pedal arms in to the T3PA base. But it could also just be a concept art photo with a brushed look. The T500/T3PA-Pro metal pedal arms are shiny not brushed, so it would have to be a different design to them.

I'm reserving judgement for now :)
Where do you see exit fan on T-GT?
Yeah, I was assuming a big fan filling that vent at the back (which is a different shape to the TS-PC), but you're right that it was just a guess for now.

Yeah, I was assuming a big fan filling that vent at the back (which is a different shape to the TS-PC), but you're right that it was just a guess for now.
I think this is the same(I do not know how you call it in English)

Н.png

ВЕНТИЛАТОР.png

Well if you compare it to this: http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/peripherals/t300rsgt/ there is indeed a kind of seam on the front of the pedal arms on the plastic T300GT set, which is familiar from my own T3PAs. So you might be right that they have put metal pedal arms in to the T3PA base. But it could also just be a concept art photo with a brushed look. The T500/T3PA-Pro metal pedal arms are shiny not brushed, so it would have to be a different design to them.

I'm reserving judgement for now :)
From the new website.

T3PGT_zpst09trckt.jpg

Yeah, the people who will buy this expensive peripheral wont be able to use this for PS5, just a fewer years later.

Latest Posts

Back