Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition

So I got the Alcantara rim for my T300 RS. Feels fantastic, and the larger diameter is perhaps even better than I expected. Again, as always with the Thrustmaster products I buy, I have to return my first unit. The left paddle shifter 'activates' earlier than the right one, and also has much more silent click. I've read somewhere that tightening the screws at the back of the rim helps, but it only does for a few presses here. My T300 RS rim is fine. Very dissapointed again in Thrustmasters quality control.

Got this beauty in the week. No problem with paddles and I'm 5'5".

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got this beauty in the week. No problem with paddles and I'm 5'5".

Dig that wheel! Still on the fence about this because I already have a G27 for GT6 and the TX for FZ6. But the Alcantara wheel + modding my G27 pedals for Thrustmaster is nearly half way to the T300 package...

Last edited:
So, I finally got that wheel (T300 alcantara with T3PA pedals), and Im stuck with a problem already... PS3 and GT6, can you play that game with that setup? because my pedals are set wrong, left is right and right is left (I mean clutch and accelerator switched places) and no chance to change it in the Options menu because it has buttons only for wheel! On PS4 same stuff but I was able to assign buttons in Project Cars so it worked there, but what about PS3 and GT6, did anyone figure that out? or the wheel is broken? or I cant find obvious thing? :) I start to hate these wheels......

Last edited:
Did some searching and found this reference to the "mode" switch. Not sure if this is your issue since I don't have this setup, but I've have been following this thread and waiting for Amazon to get them in stock.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22502-Thrustmaster-T3PA-Pedals-Throttle-amp-Clutch-swapped-!-(and-some-other-questions)

well thanks alot for fast reply! As always GTplanet forums helps!

I just came back here to say that I solved my problem! It was that mode button, you see on PS4 it was green when working fine, (swiched to mode PS3) and when It was green on PS3 I was thinking it mus work, but no I had to push it for 3 seconds (turned red) and then worked.... nice that everything is working fine now! Thanks! Loving GT6 with this new wheel, much stronger force feedback than G27, (still loved G27, it is very close to this one!). And Project cars now after all updates is a nice surprise! Cant wait for that GT sport and GT7!

Hey Tvensky - how would you compare the G27 pedal set with the T2PA set. I am interested in knowing if the T3PA pedal base is wider then the G27 pedal base.

Hey Tvensky - how would you compare the G27 pedal set with the T2PA set. I am interested in knowing if the T3PA pedal base is wider then the G27 pedal base.

its just about 1cm wider, not mutch really (the shape for T3PA is more square, than G27 pedals). and T3PA is higher (maybe 4cm more) and longer, with break mod they are very similar in the feeling.

Best thing about T300 is that now I can assign my mechanical handbrake to Base with R3 button. (g29 dont have buttons on the base or on the "gear switch" so there is no way to assign mechanical handbrake (like I did on G27, and now on T300). (the handbrake is really a mechanical hand made wooden stuff(long to explain)works and feels perfect! Everyone should make one! ;)).

Did some testing with PS3 GT6, I strongly suggest this wheel for people who likes rally (dirt/snow tracks), it was 2 times better than G27 (no clunky noise, no feedback lost) those belts are quiet and feedback is always there!

On tarmac tracks they are similar! Maybe for drifting G27 is better, maybe im not used to T300... very close!

Anyway! my last wish is to play GT sport ASAP! and also hope that T300 will be supported in the future, future, future, future and so on!

Have been using G27 for a couple years. Easy setup, no problems. Purchased TS300. Quality not good with one thread (to attach to platform) obviously cut incorrectly. No optional screws to attach and not stated in any promotional material other than manual, which by then is too late because it is sitting in the middle of the living room. But the reason I returned it was that it would not calibrate with PS3. Wasted hours with setup and troubleshooting. Anyway, returned immediately and will continue to use G27 until I need G29 for PS4. Will not trust another Trustmaster at any price.

Centering problems that started in Driveclub. Received my shiny new T300 Ferrari Alcantara and a week went by before I set it up. Got it going and spent 3 hours in GT6, working great, no problems. Then I switched to PS4 mode and Driveclub PS Plus Edition and started having problems with the wheel not returning to center.

Researched, updated firmware, and performed the centering sequence, full left, full right, and three button press. Couldn't get the LED to flash. By chance I released the three buttons in reverse order, Radio, Paddle, and Mode last and it worked. Tested in Driveclub and centering problem went away (for now?).

Is this common, or is this a "sign" of more problems ahead?

Sorry but no replies so I re-posted as new topic, my window to return is closing.

Update 2/4 - Amazon.com makes it so easy, requested a replacement and returning this one.

Last edited:
You may have seen some earlier posts here of me, researching then purchasing said wheel.

This is what I bought and built to compliment it.

'Rari'! Wheel? To me that meant 'Rari' themed sim rig. Enjoy. Apologies for size and amount of pics.

View attachment 519710 View attachment 519711 View attachment 519712 View attachment 519714 View attachment 519715 View attachment 519716 View attachment 519717 View attachment 519718 View attachment 519720 View attachment 519722

View attachment 519723

Let me guess, You're A Ferrari fan??? :lol:
That Set Up Is BOSS!!! Even with all the ferrari badging.👍👍👍

Not really, the wheel sort of sets you off on that direction no?

If it had been the Fanatec BMW GT wheel, well 3 colours to play with.

How could one add bigger paddles to this? Or even some sort of fancy 3D printed carbon slip ons?

Any other technique to silence the spring clicks?

aspnv-ferrari-599-xx-evo-for-sale_04.jpg

I'm in love again (hope my wife won't read that :) ). I used G27 3 years and it was good wheel, but this one is amazing: smooth, great FFB, SILENT, nice feel on alcantara. Also I like buttons.
But, G27 pedals with GTeye springs were much better. T3pa is very soft. Dead zone of brake pedal also get me nervous - if I want to brake a bit, I dont brake at all or brake to much. Hope I get used to them after more practice. T300 alcantara wheel and G27 pedals witg GT eye springs would be my dream-team :)
Anyway - I am very happy with new wheel.

Last edited:
I'm in love again (hope my wife won't read that :) ). I used G27 3 years and it was good wheel, but this one is amazing: smooth, great FFB, SILENT, nice feel on alcantara. Also I like buttons.
But, G27 pedals with GTeye springs were much better. T3pa is very soft. Dead zone of brake pedal also get me nervous - if I want to brake a bit, I doesnt brake at all or brake to much. Hope I get used to them after more practice. T300 alcantara wheel and G27 pedals witg GT eye springs would be my dream-team :)
Adjusted brake gamma to make it linear and used conical mod both helped me solve issues I had with t3pa.

But, G27 pedals with GTeye springs were much better. T3pa is very soft. Dead zone of brake pedal also get me nervous - if I want to brake a bit, I doesnt brake at all or brake to much. Hope I get used to them after more practice. T300 alcantara wheel and G27 pedals witg GT eye springs would be my dream-team :)

http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm

I have this and use my G29 pedals with my T300RS F1 rim. Also works with G27 pedals.

Back