Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition

Hey guys. Recently came across both the gt version and alcantara version of the t300 rs for the same price. Is it solely Gona come down to personal preference on the choice. Didn't think it would be such a hard choice to make once price wasn't an issue. Any tips/info? Long term usage input?
Cheers guys.

I play only GT6 and have few questions:

1. Time to time wheel calibrates, egz. when loading room or returning to main screen (not always). Is it normal?

2. Time to time I also have black screen, TV shows message "video format is not supported". Thought it is a TV problem (when I restart TV everything is fine), but when black screen starts, wheel starts calibrating (G27 never calibrated in these situations). With G27 black screen lasted from part of a second, up to about 2 seconds, but with T300 it lasts until I restart TV. With G27 I had black screen while driving, with T300 I have black screen only when not driving. I dont know - is it a TV, PS3 problem and how wheel can affect that (I am about different black screen experience with G27 and T300)?

2. When I'm in game, but not drive (egz., in pits) after enter message meniu, wheel starts vibrates a bit - look like motor "don't know" what direction to chose. this vibration stops when I exit message meniu. Is it normal?

Does not work properly with GT Sport. The function buttons simply don't match up with the configuration (Controler) utility in GT Sport.
The original T300RS wheel most likely works fine. But anyone who got the Ferrari Alcantara edition wheel is basically screwed.
When you look at the GT Sport wheel roster, I think there are a lot of unhappy folks out there. Will PD/Sony actually update the wheels?
Stay tuned! :boggled:

Does not work properly with GT Sport. The function buttons simply don't match up with the configuration (Controler) utility in GT Sport.
The original T300RS wheel most likely works fine. But anyone who got the Ferrari Alcantara edition wheel is basically screwed.
When you look at the GT Sport wheel roster, I think there are a lot of unhappy folks out there. Will PD/Sony actually update the wheels?
Stay tuned! :boggled:

Have a read of the manual. The button mappings are fully functional, just maybe in a different place than you expect.

Have a read of the manual. The button mappings are fully functional, just maybe in a different place than you expect.

Thank you PASM. I've had the manual out since Pcars 1 and Assetto Corsa.
I sat and mapped each button in GT Sport. When in game, the mappings do not hold up. If you know of something I may be doing wrong, I'll be happy to have your advice. My ts300 alcantara works fine on PC and PS4 except for GT Sport.

I was really hoping pc2 would recognise this add on for the Tx base, the game just thinks its the 458 italia wheel. No option to change it. Does anybody have any good tips for button mapping it ? Not enough buttons on the wheel to cover all i use, what button mapping are people running? Is this where i need a button box ?

Thank you PASM. I've had the manual out since Pcars 1 and Assetto Corsa.
I sat and mapped each button in GT Sport. When in game, the mappings do not hold up. If you know of something I may be doing wrong, I'll be happy to have your advice. My ts300 alcantara works fine on PC and PS4 except for GT Sport.

In rare cases (a bug in GT Sport) the buttons on the wheel will not register in the game. Especially when just getting out of the pits. Pressing start on the wheel or controller can solve that I have found.

I was really hoping pc2 would recognise this add on for the Tx base, the game just thinks its the 458 italia wheel. No option to change it. Does anybody have any good tips for button mapping it ? Not enough buttons on the wheel to cover all i use, what button mapping are people running? Is this where i need a button box ?

Sounds like you might need to update the firmware on the TX base, see if that solves it.

In rare cases (a bug in GT Sport) the buttons on the wheel will not register in the game. Especially when just getting out of the pits. Pressing start on the wheel or controller can solve that I have found.

Sounds like you might need to update the firmware on the TX base, see if that solves it.
I updated the firmware 2 weeks ago on the base, pc2 still recognises it as the 458 italia (which it was until i added the alacantra).Not sure if other alacantra wheel users are having this issue ?

Hi, yesterday I bought thrustmaster t300 ferrari integral alcantara edition and I connected everything right, but the light on the base does not shine, can someone help me. The computer does not recognize it

Hello Folks, today I bought the T300 t3pa Alcantara Edition for 230€.
To make it a Shoe, I also bought the black Playseat Challenge for 180€.
I guess it will be delivered until Wednesday, so my journey in GTS which stopped last year will finally be continued.
I‘m looking forward to drive with you Guys again.
But meanwhile i‘d just like to know if there still are some of the issues mentioned in this thread regarding the Wheel?
I just came across it, and i‘m a bit unsure if I made the right choice.
I hope some of you who have the Wheel in use can give me some feedback.

I considered buying as my first wheel (in order) the G29, T150 Pro, T300 GT Edition and finally settled on T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara Edition. :cheers:

It's the superior of the four surely but I wonder if the beefier T3PA-GT Edition pedal faces are that much better. Sim Racing Garage commented favorably for those compared to the standard T3PA.

How much did you pay for yours? Or are willing to pay if you are waiting for a deal?
It's currently selling for like €415 (tax+shipping included) here in Greece. Here's to hoping it goes below €350 as we approach black friday. :bowdown:

And what's that "Integral" word referring to? I was confused at first, and maybe I am not alone, that it was a Ferrari model. :odd:

Last edited:
Guys help, I found a used wheel and in the comments although it says "good condition" it also says "motor creaks when calibrating"

Should I be worried?

And what's that "Integral" word referring to? I was confused at first, and maybe I am not alone, that it was a Ferrari model. :odd:

It means that the alcantara wheel rim itself is directly included in the kit. That alcantara wheel is an "integral" part of the kit.

Instead of it coming with a T300 wheel and wheel rim and the alcantara "add-on" wheel rim.

Guys help, I found a used wheel and in the comments although it says "good condition" it also says "motor creaks when calibrating"

Should I be worried?

I don't know how that would impact the wheel performance. I wouldn't buy second hand wheels without trying them out in person. However in these covid times that might not be the best thing to do.

I considered buying as my first wheel (in order) the G29, T150 Pro, T300 GT Edition and finally settled on T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara Edition. :cheers:

It's the superior of the four surely but I wonder if the beefier T3PA-GT Edition pedal faces are that much better. Sim Racing Garage commented favorably for those compared to the standard T3PA.

How much did you pay for yours? Or are willing to pay if you are waiting for a deal?
It's currently selling for like €415 (tax+shipping included) here in Greece. Here's to hoping it goes below €350 as we approach black friday. :bowdown:

The GT pedals are exactly the same as std T3PA but with a slightly different looking pedal plate. I doubt it'll make much difference.
As above, integral because its the ferrari rim that comes with the wheel base, you don't buy it separately

Guys I did a calculation:
Screenshot_20201115-172710.png

This is the magic number for this wheel.
It's 1.65% of a circle's degree, that's the error factor when turning the wheel, a miniscule amount, which is super, who needs more accuracy?

Since i just ordered a CSL Elite PS wheel I'll be selling my T300RS Alcantara.

It definitely served me well until the power supply died.

But i made my own with a laptop power supply that has more amps so the wheel actually works better than before, which is hilarious.

I'll miss the Alcantara wheel though! It feels so good, even with gloves on.

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM, im in Kansas.

Hey guys. Recently came across both the gt version and alcantara version of the t300 rs for the same price. Is it solely Gona come down to personal preference on the choice. Didn't think it would be such a hard choice to make once price wasn't an issue. Any tips/info? Long term usage input?
Cheers guys.
The GT bundle has nicer pedal faces than the Alcantara bundle but overall I'd go with the Alcantara bundle - the wheel is much more premium feeling and has a larger diameter (28cm vs 30cm) which adds to the feeling of quality.

The only downside is the lovely Alcantara trim does need a little care and attention. If you don't wear gloves when you race then you will need to clean the rim every couple of months in order to restore the cloth to its original glory.

Back