Thrustmaster T3PA Pro & T3PA Wide Pedal Set Thread

Which one to get?

• Total voters
Did you check that the rubber pads under the pedals are correctly positioned?

My T3PA set had some kind of melted glue, and two of the three rubber pads under the pedals were loose in the box. After cleaning it all up and getting them stuck in the correct position, everything is now fine. Feels like they are either using the wrong glue or something in their production process doesn't get it to set properly, or maybe even worse the temperatures in transit are too high?

Feels like they are either using the wrong glue or something in their production process doesn't get it to set properly, or maybe even worse the temperatures in transit are too high?
I was thinking something along these lines too. Maybe environment made an impact since it's the same for both pedal sets. I'll try checking on what you suggested but it really feels like a lubrication type error.

Got my set and gt style with rubber mod installs and attached to rig..clutch feels way way loose, anything to be done for this? Gas feels good...brake, well that will get some getting used too. Overall pretty pleased with set so far
I used a racquetball behind the clutch pedal but in F1 mode, may work GT style.

For anybody interested, I am proud to present some images of the worlds-first T3PA (non-Pro) pedal set with a functional load cell -- the BLC-T3PA Load Cell Mod from Bodin Solutions:

Blc-t3pa-1-sm_zpsjuszzsvi.jpg

Blc-t3pa-4-sm_zpsdoddp2sl.jpg

Blc-t3pa-2-sm_zpsui37vnpw.jpg

:cool:

Testing has gone very well, and I'm quite pleased with the end result -- the BLC-T3PA Load Cell Mod performs much like the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod, which was my goal.

The main difference I noticed is that I use my T500 pedals in the "inverted" ("GT" or "hanging") position, but since you have to use the T3PA pedals in "F1" (or bottom-hinged) mode, that makes for a slight difference in how my feet hit the pedals in my rig. Not a huge thing, but it accounts for some variation. I also noticed that the spring on the clutch pedal on the T3PA pedals seems slightly stiffer than the clutch pedal spring on my T500 pedals. Again, not a big thing, but just something I noticed.

Doing laps in the Solstice at Lime Rock Park in iRacing I was able to get within about 5 tenths of my personal best there, which was great. The pedals obviously felt VERY much like my BLC-T500-equipped T500 pedals, but the brake felt especially familiar, which was good since the load cell there was the critical element I was concerned about.

I have done some time in the Skip Barber Forumula 2000 in iRacing on the Daytona Moto (Bike) Road Course layout -- I had been testing there last night just to see how suitable this layout would be for a car like the Skip using my T500 pedals, so this was a good comparison.

Here again, I was able to get within about 5 tenths of a second of my previous personal best, which is pretty decent for me. I also had iSpeed running, so I thought I'd toss up a screen shot of that -- if you look at the graphs at the bottom of the screen, you can see the brake inputs: The BLC-T500 trace is the light blue, and the BLC-T3PA trace is the darker blue. That should give you some idea of how responsive the T3PA load cell input is going to be:

BLC-T3PABLC-T500_Comparison_zpsigdafgyn.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with how things work, and I am going to go ahead and produce a couple more production prototypes for beta testers (and one for Darin Gangi at Inside Sim Racing).

Retail price for the BLC-T3PA will be $99.99, plus shipping, and I hope to have some available for sale within the next month or so, pending feedback from Darin and my other beta testers. The BLC-T3PA will be fully compatible with the T3PA (non-Pro) pedals when used with the T500, TX, T300, and T150 wheel bases, and it will offer full PC and console compatibility depending on each wheel base's console compatibility.

For those of you with T500 or T3PA-Pro pedals, I just received a new shipment of 35kg load cells for the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod, so I should have more of those available very soon (check the Bodin Solution website for availability).

:cheers:

Last edited:
The Ricmotech load cell is a very trick design, but as Darin mentioned, installing it will involve disassembling your pedals, and it WILL void your warranty. The BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod for the T500RS and T3PA-Pro pedals, on the other hand, requires no disassembly (easy, bolt-in installation), and it will NOT void your warranty:

Just got my T3PA (NON pro) load cell last night and was quite pleased with the ease of installation. Took less than 5 minutes to uninstall my conical mod and install the load cell. Installed on my TX. All I had to do is remove a screw(holding conical bracket) and reinstall the screw for conical mod and one more screw for load cell bracket and plug in the cables. So far I have only tested this on the console with Project Cars, Forza 6 and F1 2015. Quickly tried it on Project Cars and Forza 6 just to be able to test all three and found myself LOVING the feel, especially on F1 2015. Gonna go back and do the first two again tonight, but so far so good!! I have the CSP V1 pedals and this to me feels better than the load cell in it.

Just got my T3PA (NON pro) load cell last night and was quite pleased with the ease of installation. Took less than 5 minutes to uninstall my conical mod and install the load cell. Installed on my TX. All I had to do is remove a screw(holding conical bracket) and reinstall the screw for conical mod and one more screw for load cell bracket and plug in the cables. So far I have only tested this on the console with Project Cars, Forza 6 and F1 2015. Quickly tried it on Project Cars and Forza 6 just to be able to test all three and found myself LOVING the feel, especially on F1 2015. Gonna go back and do the first two again tonight, but so far so good!! I have the CSP V1 pedals and this to me feels better than the load cell in it.

Thanks for the feedback, Bundy06 -- much appreciated, and thanks for volunteering as a beta tester! :)

FWIW, I am still awaiting feedback from my other testers, but things sound VERY positive so far, and I don't anticipate any changes to my final design at this point.

I'm hoping to have the first production batch ready for sale by the end of this month (November). I also sent a production prototype to Darin Gangi and John Sabol with InsideSimRacing, so hopefully they'll be able to do a "first-look" preview at the very least before the retail units are ready for sale.

:)

They will sell for $99.99 plus shipping. That will give you performance very similar to what you get with my BLC-T500 Load Cell mod at a significant discount, and it should help make the T3PA pedals a much more popular option for sim racers.

Do you have an estimate on when the BLC-T500 Load Cell might be back in stock?

Do you have an estimate on when the BLC-T500 Load Cell might be back in stock?

I hate to just say "soon" with no target date, but that's about as good of an estimate as I can give. I now have all the stock I need to build up a couple of production runs, so now I just need to find the time to get everything assembled. It's not difficult, just time-consuming and tedious, so it's been hard for me to find time to actually get it done.

My goal, though, is to have more stock available by the middle to end of the month, so . . . "soon."

;)

I hate to just say "soon" with no target date, but that's about as good of an estimate as I can give. I now have all the stock I need to build up a couple of production runs, so now I just need to find the time to get everything assembled. It's not difficult, just time-consuming and tedious, so it's been hard for me to find time to actually get it done.

My goal, though, is to have more stock available by the middle to end of the month, so . . . "soon."

;)
Hey, soon is good.

I'll be a customer soon enough. :cheers:

;)

Do your load cells have wear parts? - Meaning do the load cells themselves wear out and need to be replaced (like Fanatec's for example)

Darin from ISR just did the unboxing of the Bodin T3PA load cell on today's live show and said he should start testing it soon. If the reviews are very positive I definitely will consider it. 👍

Do your load cells have wear parts? - Meaning do the load cells themselves wear out and need to be replaced (like Fanatec's for example)

IMO, the beam-type load cell that I use is more durable (so better from a longevity standpoint) and it's also more precise because it is more of a heavy-duty precision instrument than the pressure-sensitive half-bridge sensor used by Fanatec.

From a longevity standpoint, I almost hate to type these words for fear of cursing myself, but to date I have not experienced a single load cell failure with any of my BLC-T500 Load Cell Mods, including those that were sold back in 2012 when they first became available. I did have one of my initial beta testers actually bend the bracket while attempting to do some destructive testing (
385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif
), but despite having a slight bend in the bracket, everything continued to function normally, with no damage to the load cell itself (which is still in use to this day, as far as I know . . . though the bracket was replaced).

The rubber bushings I use to transfer pedal travel to the load cell are heavy-duty rubber bushings, and to date, I've not experienced any failures with the bushings used in the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mods, and I anticipate that the bushing I'm using for the BLC-T3PA unit should offer similar longevity.

The load cell I'm using in the new BLC-T3PA Load Cell mod is a different model than the one used in the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod, but it's still a beam-type load cell, and it should offer the same sort of reliability.

So, short answer, no, there are no limited lifespan "wear"-type components in either of my load cell mods.

@JohnBodin - Cool thank you for the info. I may upgrade my T3PA-Pros some day just curious if there was any maintenance. Sounds like I would be replacing clutch & gas pedal springs and dampening foam before anything else.

Just a quick update: I haven't gotten any feedback yet from Darin and John at Inside Sim Racing yet (they are testing the BLC-T3PA Load Cell Mod and will be doing a video review for ISRTV), but my feedback from other testers has been completely positive, and unless there's a mind-blowing show-stopper from the ISRTV folks, it looks like the final production units will be identical to the preproduction prototypes.

So far all my testers agree that installation is incredibly simple, which is great, and installation will NOT void your T3PA warranty because it can be removed in minutes to convert your T3PA pedals back to stock, which is an added bonus.

Performance-wise, all the testers seem very satisfied, and at least one other tester than Bundy06 has indicated that they prefer the T3PA brake pedal feel with the load cell mod over their Fanatec V1 pedals, which is great to hear IMO.

Looking forward to hearing Darin's and John's thoughts!

What about the US?

You want that in UK £'s or in US dollars? :lol:

Serious answer: Shipping in the continental US typically runs less than $9 (a little higher for Alaska and Hawaii). I think it cost around $6.02 to send the test unit to Darin at InsideSimRacing in Spokane, WA.

The BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod is back in stock on the Bodin Solutions Website -- this will work with the T500RS and the T3PA-Pro pedals. Note that this mod is NOT compatible with the non-Pro T3PA pedals.

Check the Bodin Solutions Website if you're interested.

Can the t3pa wheel be used with a fanatec wheel ?

On the ps4 and pc? I just want the pedals. I already have the fanatec wheel.

I saw some reviews and it uses a proprietary connection it seems. Anyone can confirm ?

Can the t3pa wheel be used with a fanatec wheel ?

On the ps4 and pc? I just want the pedals. I already have the fanatec wheel.

I saw some reviews and it uses a proprietary connection it seems. Anyone can confirm ?

They wouldn't be directly compatible. I believe someone made a TM Pedals to USB adapter for PC use, but on PS4 you would need a direct to the wheel solution.

Back