Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Racing Wheel for PC

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 127 comments
The base looks larger than the new TS PC. However, think about it... That wheel cannot be direct drive. No way Sony and Thrustmaster would release a direct drive wheel for a console. It would cost too much.

For PC yes. For console... No.

The base looks larger than the new TS PC. However, think about it... That wheel cannot be direct drive. No way Sony and Thrustmaster would release a direct drive wheel for a console. It would cost too much.

Why would it cost to much? A direct ffb wheel is simpler then a cog/belt driven wheel.

Everything is expensive when not mass produce that applies to direct drive motors as well.

Everything is expensive when not mass produce that applies to direct drive motors as well.

If the manufacturer decides to design/produce a ffb wheel and if they go with a direct drive ffb wheel instead of a belt driven one, then it will be a mass produced product. And with less parts it would be far cheaper than a belt driven counterpart.

Last edited:
I understand that. But by how much cheaper. Even if the price comes down to 600. That is still alot to most people.

600? more like to how big the marginals/profit they want. If they want they can sell a direct drive ffb wheel for as little as a normal tx/g920 wheel if they want. But you would probably pay for the hype as well if the wheel in question was a direct drive ffb wheel.

600? more like to how big the marginals/profit they want. If they want they can sell a direct drive ffb wheel for as little as a normal tx/g920 wheel if they want. But you would probably pay for the hype as well if the wheel in question was a direct drive ffb wheel.

I guess that would depend on the strength of the motor they intended to use. If it is to be the same strength motors used in current commercial wheels possibly, but if they are going to use motors similar to what current DD wheels use there would be no way. The bare motor alone exceeds that price and this market isn't big enough to drive that price in any direction but up because of taking more of the current supply.

I guess that would depend on the strength of the motor they intended to use. If it is to be the same strength motors used in current commercial wheels possibly, but if they are going to use motors similar to what current DD wheels use there would be no way. The bare motor alone exceeds that price and this market isn't big enough to drive that price in any direction but up because of taking more of the current supply.

Even if the motor was an industrial one, if thrustmaster or logitec would make a mass produced direct ffb wheel it would be cheap. The motors in the direct drive ffb wheels are expensive because the the companies that make those wheels are not buying them in thousands. Small batches are expensive. Sure a small motor in a crappy logitech or thrustmaster is super cheap compared to a stronger one in a direct drive wheel but all in all it does not need to bee a 600+ bucks for a finished product.

Why would it cost to much? A direct ffb wheel is simpler then a cog/belt driven wheel.

I understand that. But by how much cheaper. Even if the price comes down to 600. That is still alot to most people.

I would like to see 3/4Nm mass produced direct drive wheel for no more than 400 euro.

Didn't T500RS cost just as much when it first launched?

<tasty spinning wheel video>
I was watching that video and had to keep reminding myself that I already own the T300/500 and if I buy a new one it will be the GT Sport wheel not this one.

It does look to have enough power to make drifting about the car control and not about manhandling the wheel into position, doesn't it?

Yes, not the level of information we'd hoped for.

My cynical side is telling me they might have been requested (by TM?) to leave off the comparisons to other vendors for a specific period. Hence the promised Fanatec compare at an unspecified later date.

Then again, it could just be due to the ISR guys themselves having become frustrated at negative or unpleasant feedback from their audience after the CSL Elite versus T300/CSWv2 comparison video... Or yet another option could be that they are saving the comparison for their promised PC 2017 wheel buyers guide?

What was so bad about that comparison review vid. I never saw it?

And this is the problem with clearly being sponsored by a vendor. You can never really take the review seriously.

Yep, it felt very pro back in the days. Like a real show. Now it feels more just as a Youtube podcast, which in itself is not bad, but the difference is there for sure.

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube from guys with the wheel. I didn't bother watching any except for GamerMuscle, so not sure how many bought it and how many got a review version ( I think GM bought his, so probably only places like ISR and maybe vvv got review kit)

WHEEL OSP WS1
OSPWS1.jpg

• 330m red/yellow racing wheel (matching details).
  • Magnetic cams with Cherry switches of high quality and durability, milled aluminum magnetic paddle shifter.
  • High-strength 3D vinyl-laminated carbon-printed housing.
  • Easy, fast and customizable emblems (2 included) and stickers exchange system.
  • 4 rotary encoders + button: 2 frontend + 2 sideways to ensure an easier experience during the race.
  • 8 buttons including security-safer one to avoid mistakes when pressing the buttons.
  • Compatible with the following bases: Open Sim Wheel, Thrustmaster and Logitech. USB spiral cable.
QR THRUSTMASTER
qr-thrustmaster.jpg

• Adapter for 70mm real steering wheel or panel.
  • Printed with high quality PLA 3D.
  • Compatible with the following Thrustmaster bases: T300, T500, TX, TS-PC.

The wheel must be connected via USB directly into the PC.

http://onesimpro.com/en/home/

Unfortunately the review is only in Spanish:

Last edited:
Back