Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Racing Wheel for PC

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 127 comments
The base of the Fanatec CSL seems alot cheaper than the Thrustmaster but Fanatec have alot more high quality rims to choose from

I've yet to decide what to do.... I'm tempted by the TM wheel as I already have a set of pedals (currently own the T500).

If I opt for the Fanatec option. I'll have to spend money on the base, wheel, pedals and possibly a shifter. That'll be well over 1000 pounds.

I've yet to decide what to do.... I'm tempted by the TM wheel as I already have a set of pedals (currently own the T500).

If I opt for the Fanatec option. I'll have to spend money on the base, wheel, pedals and possibly a shifter. That'll be well over 1000 pounds.
Wait to see their new wheel maybe?

Now when Fanatec have dropped the price from 750€ to 550€ because of their upcoming DD wheel I see few reasons to buy this wheel instead of the CSW V2. I don´t know what the price difference is in other countries but here in Sweden the price difference of a TS-PC racer and a CSW V2 base + F1 rim is 147€

Now when Fanatec have dropped the price from 750€ to 550€ because of their upcoming DD wheel I see few reasons to buy this wheel instead of the CSW V2. I don´t know what the price difference is in other countries but here in Sweden the price difference of a TS-PC racer and a CSW V2 base + F1 rim is 147€

The EU-wide pricing from Fanatec for the CSWv2 base is €550 and the Formula black rim is €220, which makes €770. The TS-PC Racer is €549 MSRP and I've seen it at that price in normal webshops. So that's €220 difference to me, not €147.....

But even if the difference was smaller, the reason for someone to buy Thrustmaster is ecosystem.

Taking me as an example: Right now I have Thrustmaster pedals, shifter and various rims in addition to my T300 and T500. I also have Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals upstairs in a box somewhere unused. Buying Thrustmaster would be the easier experience because I could just plug in my current T500 pedals and TH8A shifter. And use any of my current rims.

Of course, I could easily switch despite this. but I would still end up needing a new set of rims to purchase and that would take the costs up towards €1000 effortlessly. Heck, just the cheapest GT rim (BMW) on top of CSWv2 base is €850, and that would definitely be needed if you want to do any road cars or drifting. Formula Black as well and you are up to €1080. And you'd regret not spending the extra on the awesome Porsche rim.
This all compared with €550+€170=€720 for the TS-PC plus 599 Evo Alcantara rim.

So yes, the CSWv2 base is a very interesting alternative, but not directly price competitive. You have to be happy to pay more for the higher quality materials which Fanatec offers.

The EU-wide pricing from Fanatec for the CSWv2 base is €550 and the Formula black rim is €220, which makes €770. The TS-PC Racer is €549 MSRP and I've seen it at that price in normal webshops. So that's €220 difference to me, not €147.....

But even if the difference was smaller, the reason for someone to buy Thrustmaster is ecosystem.

Taking me as an example: Right now I have Thrustmaster pedals, shifter and various rims in addition to my T300 and T500. I also have Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals upstairs in a box somewhere unused. Buying Thrustmaster would be the easier experience because I could just plug in my current T500 pedals and TH8A shifter. And use any of my current rims.

Of course, I could easily switch despite this. but I would still end up needing a new set of rims to purchase and that would take the costs up towards €1000 effortlessly. Heck, just the cheapest GT rim (BMW) on top of CSWv2 base is €850, and that would definitely be needed if you want to do any road cars or drifting. Formula Black as well and you are up to €1080. And you'd regret not spending the extra on the awesome Porsche rim.
This all compared with €550+€170=€720 for the TS-PC plus 599 Evo Alcantara rim.

So yes, the CSWv2 base is a very interesting alternative, but not directly price competitive. You have to be happy to pay more for the higher quality materials which Fanatec offers.

If you have alot of peripherals that only work with TM products sure the TS PC Racer is a better choice, I own the T500 but never bought anything other from TM because I thought their rims looked like garbage and thought custom rims with paddleshifters from Sam Maxwell was too expensive. I went back and calculated again the price difference, and turns out it was actually only 106€ Even if the difference was 220€ I would choose the Fanatec CSW V2 over the TS-PC Racer consider the higher quality and more access to high quality rims of a decent size. You just won´t see TM release something like a full size Porsche wheel replica to the TS-PC Racer.

So the wheel has arrived. Which is pretty impressive when you consider I only placed the order on Sunday iirc. Using the free delivery option.

I'll post pics and initial thoughts tonight - providing I have the energy to do so.

Peace!

I am sure most people have seen this but if you have not, ISRTV is giving away one of these wheels with a set of T3PA-Pros.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/24501-thrustmaster-ts-pc-racer-t3pa-pro-giveaway/

Rules:

"To win, you'll need to be a member of the forums at http://www.isrtv.com/forums and then email us at contest@insidesimracing.tv with this information:

Location (Country / State / City):

You also need to answer these four questions correctly:

1) What’s material is used on the TS-PC racers open wheel grip?

2) What’s the shape of the external turbo power supply? (HINT THE ANSWER IS NOT TURBO CHARGER)

3) How many watts in the brushless motor?

4) What does F.O.C. stand for in relation to the TS-PC Racer? "

Last edited:
Then no doubt thrown into a lucky dip? Nice competition though.

Why is the Inside Sim Racing forum in another language? What the heck. It defaulted to French.

Morning all

Y1iA48M.jpg

I'll get to work after I've eaten.

Vx3CFeK.jpg

I've decided to use iracing to carry out my testing / review.

Rather than plugging the TS PC straight in I thought I'd do a few laps with my T500. This is a wheel I've had since it's release. Way back in 2010, 2011 or 2012. I can't recall when TM released it.

Anyway this wheel has served me well. Back in 2015 The PS4 version of project cars killed it. It wasn't until almost a year later. That I got it back up and running, by ordering and replacing the base's circuit board.

Right... Back to testing. I had originally started off with Raceroom Racing Experience. One of my favourite sims. However five mins in, I thought this wouldn't be fair as I've made a few changes to the FF settings in Raceroom. Resulting in a far from smooth experience. So I decided to go with Iracing. A title I have made no FF changes to.

The T500 feels nice and smooth. No real clipping sensations here.... It makes me wonder whether the TSPC will truly be that much better. Time will tell I guess.... In short I have no complaints. The T500 still (in my opinion feels decent).

BTW - I'm using the nordschleife for testing.

UXj3ZpT.jpg

So it definitely feels a lot smoother and (in some situations) stronger than the T500 RS.

With regards to cosmetics. The base looks alot smaller than the T500 RS. I'm really liking it. The best thing about this wheel - apart from the FF. has to be the buttons. Nicely laid out and clearly labelled.

How did Project Cars on the PS4 kill it?

That game and PS4 would send the T500 into a fit. One minute everything is fine. The next the wheel is spinning violently. From left to right.... Almost as if it were possessed.

Thinking about it known I was using a Gran Turismo wheel to play a different sim... The T500 probably couldn't make sense of this lol.

Back