Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Racing Wheel for PC

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 127 comments

I was thinking that was a weird choice by them.. but I bet they would have had to charge another $100 to make the same profit if it was compatible with ps4. It is in the same price range as the CSL which is compatible with Xbone though..

Scratch that.. the CSL with the xbox rim is now $389 which really is quite a competitive price

It is an odd choice, PC only.

They would sell more units if it was cross platform compatible.
I understand it's a high end wheel, but there are console users out there that would spend the money.

Whether enough users would is the question of it being cost effective.

I don't know.
Thrustmaster has more info than I on target market specifics and projected sales.

Isn't the most obvious answer that they had their Gran Turismo licensed wheel ready to go, but with the delay of the next GT title, they pushed out a version of it for PC only?

Isn't the most obvious answer that they had their Gran Turismo licensed wheel ready to go, but with the delay of the next GT title, they pushed out a version of it for PC only?

Could be.. thing is that big weird GT wheel people took pictures of looked different. Then they re-released the T300RS with the GT tag on it.

Could be.. thing is that big weird GT wheel people took pictures of looked different. Then they re-released the T300RS with the GT tag on it.
I expect Thrustmaster had 3 GT-branded wheels ready to go:
- T300 variant (we know this is the T300GT with 3 pedals as standard)
- T150 variant (I expect a T150 Pro variant with 3 pedals and GT branding to be released with GT Sport)
- High end variant replacing the 2011 T500RS as the marketed GT Sport official wheel

It's quite feasible that the high end variant internals (single belt, better torque, external power unit) were developed for the GT Sport wheel but put into the TS-PC Racer wheel and sold PC-only deliberately because of three main reasons:
(1) There is a contract with Sony to deliver the GT Sport official PS4 wheel so they couldn't bring out the same thing rebranded under another name
(2) No major Xbox One game launches to justify it being Xbox One compatible
(3) Fanatec entering the same segment again with the CSL Elite

P.S. It wouldn't surprise me to see the TS-PC Racer internals also in an Xbox One wheel around Forza Motorsport 7 launch in the summer.... Depends on whether Thrustmaster thinks the market is big enough (they made the TX for Xbox One but never duplicated the T500 for Xbox, so maybe they don't feel the market is large enough for this, especially now that Forza is also on PC)

So it definitely feels a lot smoother and (in some situations) stronger than the T500 RS.

With regards to cosmetics. The base looks alot smaller than the T500 RS. I'm really liking it. The best thing about this wheel - apart from the FF. has to be the buttons. Nicely laid out and clearly labelled.
Hi, just a few questions:
You say it feels a lot smoother; in which way? Is the response faster? Is it easier to turn than the T500? What about dampening?

I expect Thrustmaster had 3 GT-branded wheels ready to go:
- T300 variant (we know this is the T300GT with 3 pedals as standard)
- T150 variant (I expect a T150 Pro variant with 3 pedals and GT branding to be released with GT Sport)
- High end variant replacing the 2011 T500RS as the marketed GT Sport official wheel

It's quite feasible that the high end variant internals (single belt, better torque, external power unit) were developed for the GT Sport wheel but put into the TS-PC Racer wheel and sold PC-only deliberately because of three main reasons:
(1) There is a contract with Sony to deliver the GT Sport official PS4 wheel so they couldn't bring out the same thing rebranded under another name
(2) No major Xbox One game launches to justify it being Xbox One compatible
(3) Fanatec entering the same segment again with the CSL Elite

P.S. It wouldn't surprise me to see the TS-PC Racer internals also in an Xbox One wheel around Forza Motorsport 7 launch in the summer.... Depends on whether Thrustmaster thinks the market is big enough (they made the TX for Xbox One but never duplicated the T500 for Xbox, so maybe they don't feel the market is large enough for this, especially now that Forza is also on PC)

This makes sense.

My question is would it be possible for the mod community to create an adapter so it works on the PS4?

I don't know much about hardware or how it communicates with the software.

XXI
This makes sense.

My question is would it be possible for the mod community to create an adapter so it works on the PS4?

I don't know much about hardware or how it communicates with the software.

There might be an update for the ChronosMax eventually.. depends on the demand for it.

I am sure most people have seen this but if you have not, ISRTV is giving away one of these wheels with a set of T3PA-Pros.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/24501-thrustmaster-ts-pc-racer-t3pa-pro-giveaway/

Rules:

"To win, you'll need to be a member of the forums at http://www.isrtv.com/forums and then email us at contest@insidesimracing.tv with this information:

Location (Country / State / City):

You also need to answer these four questions correctly:

1) What’s material is used on the TS-PC racers open wheel grip?

2) What’s the shape of the external turbo power supply? (HINT THE ANSWER IS NOT TURBO CHARGER)

3) How many watts in the brushless motor?

4) What does F.O.C. stand for in relation to the TS-PC Racer? "

There was no live show yesterday.
John said they ran out of time working on a different video so...

Has the winner been announced?
I can't find any information.

XXI
There was no live show yesterday.
John said they ran out of time working on a different video so...

Has the winner been announced?
I can't find any information.

No Idea, I have not seen anything either.

From the video description(this description is slightly edited by me)

After 6 weeks use this noise developed on my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer.

I reported it to Thrustmaster along with sending this very video and was told, and I quote:

"We have been informed that the type and level of noise that you are getting from the unit is normal.
This has been replicated on some of our own units used in all sorts of testing. "

So basically if you buy a TS-PC Racer, you can expect to have to put up with this noise too. I can hear it while wearing noise cancelling headphones and a loud car engine in blaring through them.
They refused to refund me.

Not sure I understand what that video is showing. Is there some way to reduce that noise?
This video shows the driving mechanism of the wheel.The noise comes from the fan inside the electric motor.
Jamie McKie claims to have found a solution to the problem:

(from the comments below the video)
РЕШЕНИЕ.png

@super_gt are you going to get the first post updated and change this thread to be "Thrustmaster TS-PC, TS-XW, wheels for PC and Xbox" or something like that?

The TS-XW base certainly looks to be identical to the TS-PC Racer, although given the pedals and €200 Sparco rim included I could see the price up around €800 just like the T-GT

(Logic: base €400 not including the TS-PC rim, pedals €150, sparco rim €250)

I wonder if a TS-PS will also come later, once the T-GT and GT Sport launch has come and gone? It's too much to hope that the TS-PC will gain PS4 compatibility, of course...

@super_gt are you going to get the first post updated and change this thread to be "Thrustmaster TS-PC, TS-XW, wheels for PC and Xbox" or something like that?
Done 👍

Edit: oops I just saw that there is another TS-XW wheel thread.

Last edited:
As reviews go, that one was OK but it's a shame he didn't decide to directly compare it with the price-equivalent competition. He only implied it was worth the $500 asking price and a good choice if you're already invested in the Thrustmaster ecosystem.

One "new" point compared to earlier reviews is that he mentioned the TS-PC has slightly more turning resistance than the T300/TX. I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere else.

Given the early reports that T.GT's extra feedback is mostly a rumble gimic at the moment, I hope TM decides to offer a TS-PS4 base. And then sell all three TS-xx bases and the Sparco rims separately in the future, it would truly allow TM owners to leverage the ecosystem properly.

One "new" point compared to earlier reviews is that he mentioned the TS-PC has slightly more turning resistance than the T300/TX. I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere else.
I first heard about that from the first live 2 hours GamerMuscle video but this video is not available anymore.To me it is disappointing that the new Thrustmaster high end wheels are dual belt drive,they had to be a single belt drive.Dual belt drive technology is outdated these days.
Given the early reports that T.GT's extra feedback is mostly a rumble gimic at the moment, I hope TM decides to offer a TS-PS4 base.
This would be very good but very unlikely.
And then sell all three TS-xx bases and the Sparco rims separately in the future, it would truly allow TM owners to leverage the ecosystem properly.
👍

Last edited:
Have I missed it in another thread, or do we need to start talking here about the rumored new TS-PC base with Ferrari 488 Challenge rim: https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/com...PC-RACER-Ferrari-488-Challenge-Edition-leaked

That looks pretty impressive indeed. Visually I'm thinking 30-32cm diameter? Maybe the same basic rim as the existing 30cm Alcantara rim but with a new button box, or maybe larger?

Hope the wheel sells separately and the rev lights work with other wheel base as well. I'll add this in the OP once confirmed since it's only a variant of TS-PC base, it shouldn't need a separate thread.

Back