• Thread starter super_gt
  • 127 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
TSPCRacer-Gauche.jpg

TSPCRacer-Dessous.jpg

tspcracer.png

Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Racing wheel for PC
  • TS-PC Racer is a powerhouse of technologies created to enhance gaming performance and offer a racing experience closer to reality, enabling gamers to be fully immersed. Thrustmaster TS-PC Servo base, Detachable Open Wheel with metal plastron and suede leather. ECOSYSTEM-READY.
  • TS-PC Racer motor provides powerful 40-watt brushless FFB and incredible velocity (dynamic torque): from long stall curves (STALL mode) to super-responsive zigzags (DYNAMIC mode).
  • Motor Cooling Embedded system (patent pending): maintains dynamics with the new motor, by ensuring that there is no overheating and while remaining silent.
  • Field Oriented Control: H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate technology) provides 16-bit resolution (65,536 values), while the new F.O.C. algorithm dynamically optimizes the response to intense torque demands.
  • External TURBO power supply to deliver constant power and massive peak power to instantly respond to ultra-fast requests from the game rendered. Toroïdal-shaped to optimize efficiency versus heat at 86%, with a finless design. Peak power: 400 Watts!
  • Box content: wheel + base + T-Turbo power supply + clamping system + user manual + warranty information
  • Compatibility: PC
CaracteristiqueDefauts.png

Thrustmaster TS-PC Servo Base
  • Metal top cover
  • 270°–1080° rotation angle
  • Industrial-class brushless 2nd gen motor
  • The TS-PC Racer’s motor provides powerful 40-watt brushless FFB
  • Motor cooling embedded system
  • Field Oriented Control
  • External Turbo Power
brushless_9.png

Brushless servomotor technology (40W)
  • To provide a high level of performance, precision and comfort to highly-demanding PC gamers, Thrustmaster developed the TS-PC Servo base.
  • An industrial-class brushless 2nd gen motor offering 50% more dynamics, 4 times greater stall force), Torque is 1.6 times higher than TX – T300 RS’s torque.
caracteristiquedefauts_535.png

Motor Cooling Embedded system (patent pending)

Maintains dynamics with the new motor by ensuring that there is no overheating, while remaining silent. Provides 50% more dynamics, 4 times greater stall force than TX – T300 RS’s torque, and heat dissipation via monophasic cooling.

turbo.png

External TURBO POWER

External TURBO power supply to deliver constant power and massive peak power to instantly respond to ultra-fast requests from the game. Toroidal-shaped to optimize efficiency versus heat at 86%, with a finless design. Peak power: 400 watts!

wheel_8.png

Open Wheel
  • Suede grips – for greater comfort during long racing sessions
  • 2 metal paddle shifters polished-brushed cast aluminum
  • 6 buttons for easy access to navigation menus and extra control over progressive settings
  • 1 rotary selector – 3 positions with push function for extra real-time responsiveness while racing.
forcefeedback_37.png

Dynamic torque

Very responsive 40W motor that offers particularly dynamic and powerful effects and provides enhanced feedback. The TS-PC Racer’s motor provides powerful 40-watt brushless FFB and incredible velocity (dynamic torque): from long stall curves (STALL mode) to super-responsive zigzags (DYNAMIC mode).

heart_31.png

H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology) + FOC

Field Oriented Control: H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate technology) provides 16-bit resolution (65,536 values), while the new F.O.C. algorithm dynamically optimizes the response to intense torque demands. The motor responds dynamically and swiftly to increased torque requests, while switching and reducing power drops.

CaracteristiqueDefauts.png

Thrustmaster ecosystem: fully compatible!

Compatible on PC with detachable Thrustmaster wheels**, with 3-pedal pedal set Thrustmaster T3PA and T3PA-PRO**, with the TH8A shifter**, with the Thrustmaster DB9 PEDALS T.RJ12 ADAPTER** that enables the non-Thrustmaster pedal sets equipped with a DB9 connector to connect to the connector for pedal set, with all the USB pedal sets on the market (in games supporting MULTI-USB and USB pedal sets).

** Sold separately
ecosystemetspcracer.jpg

Pedals upgrade:
T3PA
T3PA-PRO

Shifter upgrade:
TH8A Add-on Shifter
TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod

Wheels upgrade:
599XX Evo 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition
TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On
Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On
Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On
Rally Wheel Add-On Sparco R383 Mod

Adapter:
Thrustmaster DB9 Pedals T.RJ12 Adapter -Makes your Thrusmaster TS-PC RACER compatible with Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 Pedals

More useful information

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/ts-pc-racer-0

• The TS-PC Racer will be available from December 5, 2016 at a suggested retail price of £399.99,$499.99,€549.99(taxes included).

Last edited:
Felt like direct drive was always an unrealistic expectation. A direct drive of any type of power level would have destroyed the plastic shaft (that clearly existed in those older photos).

The press release doesn't mention belts or cogs.

In terms of power, simplifying hugely we have: G29 is 2Nm, T300 is 4Nm, T500 is 5Nm, CSL Elite is 6Nm, CSWv2 is 7Nm, Accuforce is 14Nm.

Thrustmaster's comments imply power well above their current 4-5Nm products. Let's say they get it running 8-10Nm, using a more powerful power supply and brushless motor, with a different drive system (potentially not using belts or cogs). Direct Drive would still be a valid statement, just not the same level of performance as the big servo motors used by Accuforce, Bodnar and OSW.

Will it be "good enough" power at 8Nm? For many that price and performance would be good enough, yes.

We'll know for sure in a few months...

The PS4/GT version better be PC compatible as well... which would then put this product in a strange place.

Site says 1.6x torque of T300 so ~6.4Nm? Also, torque means nothing if its not sustained.

The PS4/GT version better be PC compatible as well... which would then put this product in a strange place.

Site says 1.6x torque of T300 so ~6.4Nm? Also, torque means nothing if its not sustained.
Wow, that product page goes all out on the random marketing acronyms.... part of me wants to never even consider buying it just out of hatred for the "turbo" symbol alone! :)

Still no details on the belt system, but with this torque level it's presumably just a more powerful version of the T300's brushed motor and belts design. Potentially it might have a single belt like the Fanatec wheels, or something else entirely, though.

It has an external power brick (like the T500, unlike the T300/TX) and the case appears larger than the T300 one, so knowing how much space there was in the T300 case (and how much of the internal volume was occupied by the power brick) I am wondering what's inside. I conclude that it's a much bigger motor than the T300 uses.

Edit: I took a look at the manual. Not a power brick: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ts-pc-racer-en/
See the manual, page 3.

I really wonder how you can neatly mount that "turbo" external power supply to a rig, given that shape!

Last edited:
This looks interesting 500$ for just the wheel hub and small rim. Makes me wonder how it compares to the CSW V2 if I remembered correctly the CSW V2 base cost 550$ in US. I really want to hope this will be a worthy compeditor to CSW V2 so Fanatec wont have monopoly on high tech simgear

Oh dear, TS must stand for Terrible Styling
Not a looker for sure, why they need to plaster big logos on the thing is beyond me.

I noticed the T500RS is no longer on the UK website so looks like they are making way for the new range. This a mid level wheel for PC by the looks of things.

This new wheel may have better effeicency and less heating or motor fade however

The T500RS had what they called a "65W industrial motor, providing 150mNm at 3000 RPM"
This new wheel has 40W

Last edited:
Oh dear, TS must stand for Terrible Styling
Not a looker for sure, why they need to plaster big logos on the thing is beyond me.

I noticed the T500RS is no longer on the UK website so looks like they are making way for the new range. This a mid level wheel for PC by the looks of things.

This new wheel may have better effeicency and less heating or motor fade however

The T500RS had what they called a "65W industrial motor, providing 150mNm at 3000 RPM"
This new wheel has 40W

Didn´t the T300 have lower power also? But it was still considered a much better wheel in pretty much every aspect. Until the wheel is released and we seen proper reviews It´s not fair to make judgement.

I'm pretty sure Thrustmaster never ran the T500 at anywhere close to the rated capabilities of the motor (I say this because while I was testing with iRacing wheelcheck mine occasionally exhibited outlier spin speeds considerably above the usual 240 degrees in 0.3s maximum, so the motor was good for it). This conservatism was good for longevity, obviously.

Brushless motors run cooler, but if you look at the case it has some pretty serious cooling vents (with mesh). I could see them running the new motor closer to rated capabilities with a new cooling solution.

Didn´t the T300 have lower power also? But it was still considered a much better wheel in pretty much every aspect. Until the wheel is released and we seen proper reviews It´s not fair to make judgement.

I merely compared the power ratings of the motor

I think Amazon just lists Dec 31st as the release date as they probably haven't gotten confirmation of the exact date yet. Presumably some time in 2016. The wheel looks very interesting though!

The EU Thrustmaster webshop is listing mid December.

(I know from experience that their EU webshop sends everything out from France directly, so this is probably the first release batch, then it heads out to other webshops)

The press release doesn't mention belts or cogs.

In terms of power, simplifying hugely we have: G29 is 2Nm, T300 is 4Nm, T500 is 5Nm, CSL Elite is 6Nm, CSWv2 is 7Nm, Accuforce is 14Nm.

Thrustmaster's comments imply power well above their current 4-5Nm products. Let's say they get it running 8-10Nm, using a more powerful power supply and brushless motor, with a different drive system (potentially not using belts or cogs). Direct Drive would still be a valid statement, just not the same level of performance as the big servo motors used by Accuforce, Bodnar and OSW.

Will it be "good enough" power at 8Nm? For many that price and performance would be good enough, yes.

We'll know for sure in a few months...
brushless_9.png

Brushless servomotor technology (40W)
  • To provide a high level of performance, precision and comfort to highly-demanding PC gamers, Thrustmaster developed the TS-PC Servo base.
  • An industrial-class brushless 2nd gen motor offering 50% more dynamics, 4 times greater stall force), Torque is 1.6 times higher than TX – T300 RS’s torque.

Which means about 6.4Nm torque.

I'm definitely interested in hearing how the FFB forces are improved, but jumping johosaphats, that's one hideous freakin wheel.

I really don't understand the criticism about the wheel -- looks pretty much like a decent representation of an F1 wheel to me:

MP4-29_2.jpg

???

:(

It even looks to me like the area at the top with the "Thrustmaster" name might be removable -- looks like that panel is mounted with separate screws, which means that TM might have prepped the wheel to accept an SLI-like wheel display, perhaps?

Link: http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=184

Last edited:
And GamerMuscle now has a first impressions review up:

Sounds like a good upgrade on the T300/T500, but the PC-only nature is going to make it less well liked around here than other parts of the web.

GamerMuscle speculates that it has the same belt system as the T300, just with a better motor, power supply and cooling. Oh, and the wheel base is clad in metal on 3 sides, which you can't really tell from the photos. That no doubt helps with the cooling.

I'm considering replacing my t500 with this. I'm just concerned it might not be worth the monies.

So we think it is on par with the fanatec v2 base?
I'd suggest waiting for the ISR review on that. They are promising a direct comparison between T300, TS-PC, CSWv2, CSL Elite and Accuforce.

Admittedly, ISR have so much Thrustmaster sponsorship that whatever they say must be taken with some context, but the comparison is certainly worth waiting for.

And GamerMuscle now has a first impressions review up:

Sounds like a good upgrade on the T300/T500, but the PC-only nature is going to make it less well liked around here than other parts of the web.

GamerMuscle speculates that it has the same belt system as the T300, just with a better motor, power supply and cooling. Oh, and the wheel base is clad in metal on 3 sides, which you can't really tell from the photos. That no doubt helps with the cooling.

I find it a bit strange on TM's direction to suddenly release a PC exclusive wheel. I too have T500RS, still going strong and unless this is substantial upgrade it's very hard to justify spending while we wait for the unknown Thrustmaster Gran Turismo Sport Wheel specs. Especially the unconfirmed direct drive aspect to it.

This might be the same tech but due to the delay of GT Sport and licensing terms, TM decided to release a PC-only version.

Back