Thursday Fun Night (Re-named)

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 1,733 comments
I honestly think you're doing great! The only thing to keep in mind is that somebody always needs to post the room ID on the forum, otherwise some might not be able to join the lobby.

I've been lurking this thread recently and I agree. Maybe include the room ID in the master post. I do like the idea of this thread, though. My only gripe is that the master post is a little sloppy. In spite of that, it seems to have a pretty dedicated following. But yeah, to be more inclusive, sharing the room ID more consistently would be a definite help for people wanting to join.

@Satomiblood thank you kind Sir

Some very good sound advise, My problem is I'm getting on a bit in years and I have a tendency to forget things very easy. As you say you've been lurking this thread recently, maybe you would be so kind each week to give me a prompt or a little nudge.

That would help me no end.

Again thanks very much for your insight.

@Satomiblood thank you kind Sir

Some very good sound advise, My problem is I'm getting on a bit in years and I have a tendency to forget things very easy. As you say you've been lurking this thread recently, maybe you would be so kind each week to give me a prompt or a little nudge.

That would help me no end.

Again thanks very much for your insight.

Certainly. And no disrespect intended.

@Eric what I'll do today is on page one in the lists of events, the next event is highlighted, what I'll do is also make it a hyperlink to the posted OP for the weeks event.

This week's being the 31St January

That should make it very easy to find.

@Stig I'll try to get there Tuesdays is not to easy for me, we tend to have a mid-week Family dinner night with copious amounts of bubbly and red wine.

On a lighter note a little later, I'll send you all a couple of upcoming events we've been working on. Keeping the theme of.
As Andy (renrag) put it, Fresh.
1s5tde_yklo7jK1o5FRlKu_gFKyU7mQVu0G6HzGoQ35aAoGn4E7T7XksKjEI-XO_yjh5ZJYzzIqzaaRE49VepZZ0tDZBEZoUjVU2VaGhHVpvsWsnjHfG1BKAR-eNWMIRL1ysaiVBm0h5mRlJC_usBf5XSwHoVAv4RwKJAkaUDSBYiSlP9ncQDOGrur1OZuQdClPpj9fGiCSlf3oQviBufYg3LtVgMbq7OoiW6NXGlzAoE01-qHsuRiJtBkraxf27L98BofxCzvAij_e7ilymKo93ueA7cDj55HhfGRgSfGCY37Dvehh0m5v-QrnwT6-zWyteO8AWLnDlWXZbO8MzwPZ8OcwSLsxJ23lbvzpn1snPdWps4UmckzXtP3tm8DoHARDJQYW81AkLZRTFSUhXiH8zevEGk3x3gyJl3VawZUDNgpmxt4TFl64qjE7FBR0o-kxCdKsGI6oG7Mn4T9DNlb9dH2rD0HMmKfi96dmb15PIbmxckN04CQtW1DaX6rHQ9qPejVMLI2GhI_vLvHIpg0gfQ_zunbmck8Q7gMUJVtj-2autt-XdvBRX3YVnM2nK6Xmy5PnWFglN800jUtobiPYy1odFc-K5-W4ErTnZYOQf_IyhiwWzJ_u90SNddQcZHqdi5k4muzDpO4ywVcpVNMoG=s100-no

Wanted to give plenty of notice for these, but didn't want to mix up the thread to much, and create confusion.

Phillip.

@Stig I'll try to get there Tuesdays is not to easy for me, we tend to have a mid-week Family dinner night with copious amounts of bubbly and red wine.

On a lighter note a little later, I'll send you all a couple of upcoming events we've been working on. Keeping the theme of.
As Andy (renrag) put it, Fresh.
1s5tde_yklo7jK1o5FRlKu_gFKyU7mQVu0G6HzGoQ35aAoGn4E7T7XksKjEI-XO_yjh5ZJYzzIqzaaRE49VepZZ0tDZBEZoUjVU2VaGhHVpvsWsnjHfG1BKAR-eNWMIRL1ysaiVBm0h5mRlJC_usBf5XSwHoVAv4RwKJAkaUDSBYiSlP9ncQDOGrur1OZuQdClPpj9fGiCSlf3oQviBufYg3LtVgMbq7OoiW6NXGlzAoE01-qHsuRiJtBkraxf27L98BofxCzvAij_e7ilymKo93ueA7cDj55HhfGRgSfGCY37Dvehh0m5v-QrnwT6-zWyteO8AWLnDlWXZbO8MzwPZ8OcwSLsxJ23lbvzpn1snPdWps4UmckzXtP3tm8DoHARDJQYW81AkLZRTFSUhXiH8zevEGk3x3gyJl3VawZUDNgpmxt4TFl64qjE7FBR0o-kxCdKsGI6oG7Mn4T9DNlb9dH2rD0HMmKfi96dmb15PIbmxckN04CQtW1DaX6rHQ9qPejVMLI2GhI_vLvHIpg0gfQ_zunbmck8Q7gMUJVtj-2autt-XdvBRX3YVnM2nK6Xmy5PnWFglN800jUtobiPYy1odFc-K5-W4ErTnZYOQf_IyhiwWzJ_u90SNddQcZHqdi5k4muzDpO4ywVcpVNMoG=s100-no

Wanted to give plenty of notice for these, but didn't want to mix up the thread to much, and create confusion.

Phillip.
No problem at all if you do just send a hello in the yt chat and I'll do my very best to say hello back. I don't no if any of yous watched last week but it was better than f1 haha.

All the time on gts I've never had a person struggle to find a lobby before unless not been friends in psn. But saying that since last update there's been a lot of weird things happening. I like the idea of lobby i-D number it could save a lot of issues.

Question to yous all what's ppl using for controls ?

I'll be looking forward to the Shelby mustang race. It should be good fun :)
Thustmaster T150, VEVO wheel stand and RIG PS4 head phones.

Yep completely standard at the moment

I've heard it makes a big difference in braking (particularly trail braking) but I'm not sure how how to explain to my wife why I need to modify a $300 wheel and void its warranty :confused:

Regarding this weeks combo I have no idea what kind of tire/ pit strategy to use.

Here's what I observed with limited testing
  • Fuel range is 12 laps (w max power)
  • On RS I could only get 5 laps out of the RF (I only would only trust it for 4 laps)
  • You can easily go 10+ laps on RH and not a lot of time difference between them on fresh rubber.
  • Pit stops are fast (think 15 seconds for 1/2 tank of fuel)
Maybe there is no strategy this week? Put your foot to the floor and pit before you put it in the fence :drool:
My "type A" personality does not like this :lol: but it should be fun 👍

I've heard it makes a big difference in braking (particularly trail braking) but I'm not sure how how to explain to my wife why I need to modify a $300 wheel and void its warranty :confused:

Never looked at modding it, what does it involve?

To be honest if I change I'll probably upgrade the lot at some point, maybe go for a load cell, I don't have a wife so only have to persuade myself that it's a good idea........and that's not hard :lol:

Regarding this weeks combo I have no idea what kind of tire/ pit strategy to use.

Here's what I observed with limited testing
  • Fuel range is 12 laps (w max power)
  • On RS I could only get 5 laps out of the RF (I only would only trust it for 4 laps)
  • You can easily go 10+ laps on RH and not a lot of time difference between them on fresh rubber.
  • Pit stops are fast (think 15 seconds for 1/2 tank of fuel)
Maybe there is no strategy this week? Put your foot to the floor and pit before you put it in the fence :drool:
My "type A" personality does not like this :lol: but it should be fun 👍
I was really going for the no strategy angle on this one. Just wanted a fun race. I think the racing soft tire will keep things interesting. When I was testing it, I put more thought into what would be a fun car to drive and what would be simple. Hope everyone finds it as fun as I have.:cheers:

Never looked at modding it, what does it involve?
just taking the cover off and removing a black "rubber" stopper. There are youtube videos that discuss the benefits of removing it (was not on the G27 pedals) and how to do it.

It's a fun car! Mine is ready, Here powersliding like a god!
I knew you were in trouble trying to power slide an N300 car on Racing Soft tires....Pictures reflect what I imagined would happen :scared::eek:
Love your livery 👍

I was really going for the no strategy angle on this one. Just wanted a fun race. I think the racing soft tire will keep things interesting. When I was testing it, I put more thought into what would be a fun car to drive and what would be simple. Hope everyone finds it as fun as I have.:cheers:
Objective achieved Joe! The ultra fast pit stops at this track is what really pulls this off effectively. Thanks for your efforts putting this together.👍

Last edited:
Back